Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Teething problems?

Well, I can tell you my personal opinion-NO more waiting.
    Porsche improved 997 a lot. DFI engines, PDK, HD Navi, new Sport PASM(derivated from GT3!) etc. Yes, a lot of new tech inside but, a lot of fun as well IMO.

So, I will order one next week.

Only reason for wait is that some Porsche Exclusive options will probably not be available for first cars.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Well, I can tell you my personal opinion-NO more waiting.
    Porsche improved 997 a lot. DFI engines, PDK, HD Navi, new Sport PASM(derivated from GT3!) etc. Yes, a lot of new tech inside but, a lot of fun as well IMO.

So, I will order one next week.

Only reason for wait is that some Porsche Exclusive options will probably not be available for first cars.

What you are saying is that all these new things have been extensively tested, so no risk of initial bad reliability, recalls etc. Well, Porsche are generally thorough and also all these technologies have been put to the test on VWs and Audis for 2-3 years now. You may be right!

Some easy-reading resumees:Source , found on porscheforum.be

The PDF file on rennteam has leaked all over the net now and Porsche never intended this .

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080425.009/porsche-997-facelift-details-leaked

I do not see the turbo mentioned here. Does anyone know why?

Re: 997.2 Brochure

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    If you go back in this thread, you will find a pic of a Mini-steering wheel, which should look rather similar to the forthcoming PDK-puddles, err, paddles.

I also have that problem.

I'll never be able to call them "paddles" again.

PS: Where is Burfes anyway? He hasn't been around recently.

Quote:

Back at boarding school stomping around in the rain due to limited internet access.

Well, he doesn't have any other question to ask... every time he asked for more info or photos of the facelift, someone here jumped on him

So excited, I had the faith and put the deposit down 3 months ago...another few months and it will be here....looks like expensive options though!

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    So excited, I had the faith and put the deposit down 3 months ago...another few months and it will be here....looks like expensive options though!

Got ya beat.....8 months ago....have 1st slot.
    But since it's for a C4S Cab for NA....probably won't see those here til after Christmas.

Good call GregT - think I was number 4. First from my OPC though - they wouldn't let me order it sooner!!

Quote:
    Le Chef said:
    Quote:

Back at boarding school stomping around in the rain due to limited internet access.

It's obviously been a long day! I only caught that one on second reading.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    The PDF file on rennteam has leaked all over the net now and Porsche never intended this .

Well the new vent on the front will certainly stop the local wildlife and small children from being scooped up but how do you clean the leaves out etc.

All in all I'm kind of envious of the advancement Porsche have made, or should I say finally decided to listen to demand. It actually looks like a great face lift.

I'll leave my name down for now for that MkII GT3.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Everytime somebody post something on Rennteam from another board/site, the rennteam member credits the page from where it took the info/photo/etc...

Aparently the same does not applies to other sites.I've seen today 3 or 4 pages ^(including Portugal) with this pdf file and it's interesting to see that it was always a "loyal member" who emailed the file.

Does "small budget with lot of hard work" Rennteam scares the "big budget" car press?

Just my 5 cents

great Job Rennteam can be proud... fact is we know better

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Hmmm....I wonder who the "the loyal WCF reader" is? I would never E-mail WCF such a document.

PCNA already made the Boxster board delete my thread. Oops!

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    NO. Turbo will be changed for MY2010. That means May 2009...

my sources say no turbo for the 2009 solar year. It means for the whole 2009. Not only my 2009

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

as far a i know the turbo will be out for 2010. Not before

Ouch. Feel bad for the guys that passed on a MY07/08 because they were expecting a newer version for MY09.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

They HAVE to include PCM3 though in MY09...
    That would be stupid...
    Keep the DI engine for MY10.
    And if they sort out the PTM on MY09, that would be the best TT with the last GT1 derived engine and no PDK...

My guess is PDK is not ready for the TT, and TT cab is still too new, so they have to wait one year.

As far as my sources tell me TT won't be available before 2010 and most probably it won't be out as Turbo but it will be Turbo S.

Having said that the PTM on the new TT Cab ( i have one ) is just perfect. Don't know what you are talking about but i feel safer on my TT than what i was feeling in my 2S.

As far as the PCM goes i agree but Porsche could not give me any answer about that.

Quote:
    Haku said:
    According to my dealer (who pretty much got the info on the MY09 non turbo's correct) the following changes are going to be made on the 09 TT:

- center console + PCM upgraded
    - "big ear" wing mirrors
    - rear lights
    - BIG PRICE HIKE!

No changes to the engine or power output.
    No PDK yet.

Yes ... this is a possibility ...

Can't wait for the Turbo and RS in 2009 with PDK!

why are you spreading this info ? Turbo is not scheduled for 2009

PDK.....

With PDK can we expect a tiptronic style gear shifter as well? Personally I hope porsche get rid of the gear selector all together. I like the way Ferrari and Lambo do it.

Re: PDK.....

Quote:
    Seraphim said:
    With PDK can we expect a tiptronic style gear shifter as well? Personally I hope porsche get rid of the gear selector all together. I like the way Ferrari and Lambo do it.

that's what we are all hoping for but it seems Porsche have come up with another funny looking device....Spooks' ears poking out from the steering wheel :a

Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    Seraphim said:

that's what we are all hoping for but it seems Porsche have come up with another funny looking device....Spooks' ears poking out from the steering wheel :a

The new-style-PDK-gear-shifter has been shown here in the inofficial PET-document.

Unfortunately the gear-lever looked suspiciously close to the current tiptronic-selector...

PDK gear level is almost the same as the on TIP. Just a small difference. No TIP gate but leather surroundings...

PDK Paddle buttons is another solution that will create a lot of discussions here on rennteam... My question is why P?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    Seraphim said:

The new-style-PDK-gear-shifter has been shown here in the inofficial PET-document.

Unfortunately the gear-lever looked suspiciously close to the current tiptronic-selector...

It cannot be the same because with DSG you can select gears by using the gear lever. In VW the wheel paddles are even optional extras.
    I've seen the whole of the PET pdf and I can tell you the illustrations are not always accurate, because they are intended for a different purpose and it is not a brochure. For example the 997.2 front bumper appears in the PET the same shape as the 997.1 one and the new steering wheel appears as a very vague drawing that doesn't resemble a PDK wheel. So just wait until a good person scans a brochure for rennteam.com.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    PDK gear level is almost the same as the on TIP. Just a small difference. No TIP gate but leather surroundings...

PDK Paddle buttons is another solution that will create a lot of discussions here on rennteam... My question is why P?

Correct me if I am wrong but with paddles one hand is + and the other is -. If this is so, I wouldn't like this system.
    With buttons you can + or - with either hand. I find this system more efficient and practical in real driving.
    Also, in all forms of motorsport the gear selectors are wheel mounted. Certain manufacturers have then on the steering collumn which again IMO has ergonomic drawbacks.
    Just because some do it in a certain way it doesn't mean it is the only way or the right way.

We can agree that we disagree here big time.

Paddles are on follwing cars and sportscars:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    Audi(R8, TTS)
    BMW M models(SMGIII and M-DCT)
    Ferrari(all models)
    Lamborghini(all models)
    Nissan GT-R

as well as on Jaguar XKR and some others.

Solution that you like(paddle buttons with +/- for both left and rigth hand) is only on Porsche TIP cars and BMW Automatic cars...

Please enlight us all here with what fingers would you change a gears with puddle buttons?
    Thumb?
    Nissan GT-R

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782371 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442976 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263538 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262005 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86063 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6048 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881751 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820106 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM