Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: So who coming? Nurburgring this May that is?

Quote:
    Gauss said:
    why is your Boxster so far behind? *just kidding*

...out of sheer respect for the guys in front of me with hundreds of laps under their belt
    No, to be honest: if I'm driving in a "convoy" with some buddies I (as a relative rookie) still prefer to follow the pack rather than to take the lead BTW this yellow Elise MK I has a weight (with a full tank) of 730 kg only - you're 111R must feel like a truck in comparison (also j/k )

I need some infos about booking my room. Is there a hotel where you guys are going and still room free.

Cheers and looking to mmeet you guys. Almost there, hope the weather will be there as well.

thanks Gauss. i'll check that

The Tiergarten is good; it is in Nürburg near the Ring entrance and has free Wi-Fi.

PJ, great picture. Are these friends of yours? I would love to see some more pics of the 964 with the cup mirrors... that's my dreamcar-which-I-will-be-able-to-afford-one-day haha, seems to be the thing to be sure to own one day, and therefore my dream 911... Happen to have some more pictures?
    -Joost-

Quote:
    AUM said:
    The Tiergarten is good; it is in Nürburg near the Ring entrance and has free Wi-Fi.

full booked and i'm really getting angry because no hotel free.

Cram, try :

http://www.hausmarvin.de/

http://www.hotel-wilhelmshoehe.de/

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Are these friends of yours? I would love to see some more pics of the 964 with the cup mirrors...

Yes, some NoS-experienced buddies. Here's one more of the 964 (3.8 L engine, NoS suspension etc.) - great track car, good driver

@ all: I just realised that it's the Pentecost weekend
    Be prepared to encounter heavy traffic on NoS Best times will be early morning/late afternoon.
    @ Cram: for which night do you need a room ? Maybe I can help - just let me know.

so finally i've got from the 9th to the 10th the Waldhotel and from the 10th to the 11th the dorint hotel. Great.

So. looking forward to meet you guys.

Hey PJ, thanks a lot for the additional info and picture. Would love to own one of these one day!
    -Joost-

To those that are leaving Switzerland on the 9th for the nordschleif, please PM me, we could do the drive together.

Bump.

18 days and counting.

Hopefully I'll be getting the car booked in for a minor service, Engine Oil, oil/air filter and a new set of plugs before I go.

Insurance paid today, just Tax and Extended Warranty before the weekend as they run out at the end of April. (More expense)

Everything else is ready....I think.

Could do with a list of everyone's names to be honest as it's a bit, well you know, strange calling people by their forum name. I'll start...

ResB - Richard

Question.

If you buy 25 laps for instance, can you use them up on different days or do they only last the day you buy them?

Richard, they last until the end of the year
    Since I bought a Jahreskarte I'm fooling myself: everytime I pass the boomgate I think I'm making money instead of burning it

well here my first name. marc. Who will be at the dorint hotel?

Quote:
    ResB said:

Check your brake pads, bud I got some new pads yesterday - installed at the GP-circuit pitlane (NoS is not that pad eating like the GP-circuit of course)

Quote:
    Cram said:

There is a HUGE construction site very close to the Dorint. You may want to consider other options like the Tiergarten.

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Richard, they last until the end of the year
    Since I bought a Jahreskarte I'm fooling myself: everytime I pass the boomgate I think I'm making money instead of burning it

Haha, That's good to hear. I think next year all being well I'll go for the the Jahreskarte as I want to get over to the Ring as much as possible.

Quote:
    Cram said:

I managed to secure a room at Am-Tiergarten so I can have longer in bed.

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:

Check your brake pads, bud I got some new pads yesterday - installed at the GP-circuit pitlane (NoS is not that pad eating like the GP-circuit of course)

Ahh jeez, forgot about them. I'll have a look.

Good point, AUM I don't think they'll work at the Pentecost weekend, but you never know and it doesn't look too "cosy" around the Dorint right now. Yesterday we had a kind of interesting sound competition over there: 80 P-cars on the GP-circuit vs. an unknown number of construction machines. The P-cars won of course

Quote:
    AUM said:
    Quote:
    Cram said:

There is a HUGE construction site very close to the Dorint. You may want to consider other options like the Tiergarten.

Tiegergarten is full booked

if there is room free from the 9-11th then i go there of course, but they told me there are full.

Who got a phone number or good relations?

I've only dealt with both Petra and Susanne who were very accommodating. I've only dealt with them via email though. Perhaps email them on [Email]info@am-tiergarten.[/Email]

Mention your meeting a group of people from the UK for instance who are booked in on the 10th, 11th and 12th. Just plead on their better nature.

Thanks Resb. I'll try today.

Well seems that nordschleif will not be for me. I send mail to the adresse showned by ResB but no answers.

If i go under google to look Tiergarten, i got informations in Berlin and not nordschleif

So, i do not really know what i'll do.

This is the hotel. http://www.am-tiergarten.de/

Do you want me to try? If so, what are you after in terms of room size, and how many nights?

I must admit I emailed last night and I have not received a reply as yet. So there's still time.

@ Cram: you have a PM - give it a try No excuses accepted - you have to be there What about camping at Brünnchen ? (j/k)

Re the "program" may I suggest the following:

Saturday
    morning/afternoon:
    watch the VLN race - we could meet up around 11:00 a.m. in front of the Dorint Hotel (parking space at the other side of the main road should be no problem), visit the pitlane/boxes, watch the start from T4, return to the pitlane to watch the action after the first stint, thereafter drive to Pflanzgarten and Brünnchen (appr. 5 min drive) to further watch the race from there.
    late afternoon: NoS may be open to the public after the race for 1.5 hrs or so, but it depends on how good/bad the track looks after the race.
    evening: dinner at Pistenklause ? (I understand Richard stays there anyway).

Sunday
    Get up early to arrive at the boomgate to heaven at 8:00 a.m. Judging from the recent weekend (I guess 10/11 May will be worse) I see only two reasonable slots for some relaxed laps : from 08:00 - 10:00 a.m. and from 05:00 - 07:30 p.m. (though not so sure about the late afternoon slot as many people will stay overnight as Monday is a public holiday).
    During the crowded prime time we could watch some stunts at Pflanzgarten and Brünnchen Around noon we could have a "racer's lunch" near the Breidscheid entrance: either Pizza/Pasta at Giulia's or the famous Currywurst at "Hannes" Of course Breidscheid is also a famous spot for spectators. Warning: the lunch may be disturbed by unpleasant noises

Let me know what you guys think

I'll be there on sunday, looking forward to it!

Thanks PJ and ResB. Well finally, the only thing i found is at the Dorint with a room facing the ring. So i'll be there from the 10th-11th

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    @ Cram: you have a PM - give it a try No excuses accepted - you have to be there What about camping at Brünnchen ? (j/k)

Re the "program" may I suggest the following:

Saturday
    morning/afternoon:
    watch the VLN race - we could meet up around 11:00 a.m. in front of the Dorint Hotel (parking space at the other side of the main road should be no problem), visit the pitlane/boxes, watch the start from T4, return to the pitlane to watch the action after the first stint, thereafter drive to Pflanzgarten and Brünnchen (appr. 5 min drive) to further watch the race from there.
    late afternoon: NoS may be open to the public after the race for 1.5 hrs or so, but it depends on how good/bad the track looks after the race.
    evening: dinner at Pistenklause ? (I understand Richard stays there anyway).

Sunday
    Get up early to arrive at the boomgate to heaven at 8:00 a.m. Judging from the recent weekend (I guess 10/11 May will be worse) I see only two reasonable slots for some relaxed laps : from 08:00 - 10:00 a.m. and from 05:00 - 07:30 p.m. (though not so sure about the late afternoon slot as many people will stay overnight as Monday is a public holiday).
    During the crowded prime time we could watch some stunts at Pflanzgarten and Brünnchen Around noon we could have a "racer's lunch" near the Breidscheid entrance: either Pizza/Pasta at Giulia's or the famous Currywurst at "Hannes" Of course Breidscheid is also a famous spot for spectators. Warning: the lunch may be disturbed by unpleasant noises

Let me know what you guys think

PJ. Sounds good but unfortunately making it to Nurburg for 11am is impossible for me and a few friends who are accompanying me on this trip. We don't get into Calais until about 10.30 in the morning and even at warp speed it will take at least 3 hours. If we allow 41/2 to 5 hours driving over taking in the scenery we'll not get to the Ring until about 2.30/3.00pm at the earliest. We could certainly check in and maybe get over to some good vantage points for a few photos of the VLN if they are still running, but it's likely to be finished by then.

We certainly want to get a few laps in on the Saturday evening and we could meet up at the "gates of hell", the green kind at 6pm ish and maybe you can try and keep up for a few reconnaissance laps. I've tried to book the restaurant for 8.30/9pm but have not heard from them as yet. So we can definitely have a couple of orange juice's, a meal and tell loads of car stories in readiness for the next morning.

Sunday. Well, I'll be there at 8am. Hopefully I'll get 20 laps or so in throughout the day. I'd like to get some photo's of everyone experiencing the Ring also so taking some time out will be good whilst I get some much needed photography practice in. Perhaps I'll disappear for a hour before everyone takes a break so I can get a few photo's, then someone might return the favour.

Lunch is a good idea. Although I'm with others from the UK they'll certainly join in I would have thought as they are a great bunch of lads (some with Porches and some with other insignificant makes).

Looking forward to this one, just struggling with whether I should get some Cup tyres before we venture over. Not sure at this stage.

Marc. Did you get fixed up?

Looking forward to meeting a few other Rennteamers.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802720 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448412 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265943 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89953 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6427 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885414 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832354 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM