Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New pics of 911 Facelift...

Or not... IMHO the red stripe looked great in the 80s, but have no room on modern cars. Same goes for black plastic bumpers...

Design can't really be argued though, you like it or not.

Quote:
    Fabio said:
    i'll keep you posted

see a new threat on the 997 forum....facelifted GT3 RS has been spotted now as welll....to be introduced soon I guess...

Quote:
    kashmir said:
    Quote:
    Fabio said:
    i'll keep you posted

see a new threat on the 997 forum....facelifted GT3 RS has been spotted now as welll....to be introduced soon I guess...

Maybe is RSR

Quote:
    Enzo911 said:
    Quote:
    kashmir said:
    Quote:
    Fabio said:
    i'll keep you posted

Maybe is RSR

No matter what, this will be my next car, don't want to wait any longer...

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Or not... IMHO the red stripe looked great in the 80s, but have no room on modern cars. Same goes for black plastic bumpers...

Design can't really be argued though, you like it or not.

i don't like the red stripe either. But i have been told the 4S will have it.

the gt3 fl won't come out before mid/end of 2009.Asfar as i know 4 and 4s will be available from November but no news of GT3 FL

nurnburgring action! hope isn't a re post but haven't seen blue mules yet..

LOOK AT THE LICENSE PLATE:

this might actually be the new 944 Turbo!!!!
    hahaha, wishful thinking on my part i know but it was called 951

...nice shot, but it is a repost...

I hate the red stripe on the rear. It's very "out of time"...
    I don't wanna it!!! ;-)

there will be no red stripe....

Don't matter: If it's there, it can probably be removed, and if it's not there, you can probably have one installed
    -Joost-

Quote:
    kowalski said:
    I don't wanna it!!! ;-)

Simply quit AWD.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    kowalski said:
    I don't wanna it!!! ;-)

Simply quit AWD.

It's funny because if you look at the various messages over the past two years many were missing the red stripe and were photoshopping spy pictures to include it on the FL models and nobody had a anything negative to say. Now that there is rumour that it might be back, noboby is in favour. People are strange

hehe, reginos,
    You might want to re-read this thread. Over time, a lot of people have been photoshopping the red stripe, but there was only one which looked quite ok. And with every picture, there were people sayinf that they loved the red stripe in the past, but doubted whether it looked good on the current cars design.
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    hehe, reginos,
    You might want to re-read this thread. Over time, a lot of people have been photoshopping the red stripe, but there was only one which looked quite ok. And with every picture, there were people sayinf that they loved the red stripe in the past, but doubted whether it looked good on the current cars design.
    -Joost-

Obviously I didn't go back to do an accurate count but I don't recall so severe objections as expressed now. Anyway, from the spy pictures there were some cars with a slightly different engine cover, but I don't expect a red stripe exactly the same as before. Perhaps an evolution of the old styling element. It's good to be able to visually distinguish between the 2 and 4wd.

Quote:
    intouch1 said:

According to a Porsche parts-supplier Porsche ordered 300 pieces of that new stripe per day. It should be made of a material, that accumulates light during the day and gleams during the night.

So I guess the info about the facelift getting the stripe should be accurate.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

According to a Porsche parts-supplier Porsche ordered 300 pieces of that new stripe per day. It should be made of a material, that accumulates light during the day and gleams during the night.

What if its always dark?

It could then be a pimp option on all models and they could add some pink lights under the car too

i'd love to see the stripe back.. but rechargable sunlight reflectiveness sounds very kia

Quote:
    Flagg said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

What if its always dark?

Dont worry! this wont happen in our part of the world!

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    i'd love to see the stripe back.. but rechargable sunlight reflectiveness sounds very kia

Don't know how much of this rumour is true, just heard about it.

Quote:
    Flagg said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

What if its always dark?

Err, then it doesn't gleam any longer.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

Considering that none of Porsche's models are built at a rate of 300 per day, what does the parts supplier think will happen to the surplus parts?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Err, then it doesn't gleam any longer.

Design failure imo!

Quote:
    It's good to be able to visually distinguish between the 2 and 4wd.

To me its 'nuff as it is. The wider body of the AWD looks AWDsome. The C2, C2S has a more plain look.

IF we get RSR street, I hope the body looks just like the race RSR - with the add-on extra-wide rear body work.

That looks awesome.

... Porsche show's NEWEST Variants... will we see the facelift presented at the Beijing Motor Show??

See below press release from yesterday.

Porsche shows Newest Variants at Auto China 2008Stuttgart/Beijing. At the automotive exhibition Auto China 2008, which begins in Beijing on Sunday, April 20, 2008, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, will be prominently represented by the newest variants over its whole model range. With these exhibits, the sports car manufacturer from Swabia underscores its expansion strategy for its biggest growth market. As well as the newest vehicles from the Boxster, 911 and Cayenne series, the prototype of the Cayenne Hybrid will be on show in Asia for the first time.

With a sales volume now amounting to approximately four per cent of total sales, China has developed within a very short time to become one of Porsche's most important markets. Deliveries in the business year 2006/07 amounted to 3,105 unit sales, doubling the figure for the previous year in Mainland China. Porsche again expects a growth percentage in high double figures in China in the current business year.

At present, 19 Porsche Centers throughout the country are available to Chinese customers. By the end of the calendar year 2008, it is intended to increase the number to 30. The first Porsche Center in Mainland China was opened in Beijing in 2001.

"China is playing an increasingly significant role and has now become one of Porsche's most important growth drivers worldwide", says Klaus Berning, Board Member with responsibility for Sales and Marketing. "With the launch of our four-door Gran Turismo Panamera in 2009, we will again be addressing a completely new group of buyers in China and throughout the world."

GO

Quote:
    hets said:
    ... Porsche show's NEWEST Variants... will we see the facelift presented at the Beijing Motor Show??

See below press release from yesterday.

Porsche shows Newest Variants at Auto China 2008Stuttgart/Beijing. At the automotive exhibition Auto China 2008, which begins in Beijing on Sunday, April 20, 2008, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, will be prominently represented by the newest variants over its whole model range. With these exhibits, the sports car manufacturer from Swabia underscores its expansion strategy for its biggest growth market. As well as the newest vehicles from the Boxster, 911 and Cayenne series, the prototype of the Cayenne Hybrid will be on show in Asia for the first time.

With a sales volume now amounting to approximately four per cent of total sales, China has developed within a very short time to become one of Porsche's most important markets. Deliveries in the business year 2006/07 amounted to 3,105 unit sales, doubling the figure for the previous year in Mainland China. Porsche again expects a growth percentage in high double figures in China in the current business year.

At present, 19 Porsche Centers throughout the country are available to Chinese customers. By the end of the calendar year 2008, it is intended to increase the number to 30. The first Porsche Center in Mainland China was opened in Beijing in 2001.

"China is playing an increasingly significant role and has now become one of Porsche's most important growth drivers worldwide", says Klaus Berning, Board Member with responsibility for Sales and Marketing. "With the launch of our four-door Gran Turismo Panamera in 2009, we will again be addressing a completely new group of buyers in China and throughout the world."

GO

I read this too but I doubt if it would be the facelift

@Hets: GREAT NEWS!

I really think that the end of this post has come!
    The news from Bejing you brought to us is in line with my latest news:
    A friend of mine, Roberto, works for an important firm (Home Appliance) who has a partnership in organizing events with Porsche. Roberto last saturday told me: "I will invite you in MAY in Porsche Italy (Padua) for the presentation of TWO new cars. They will tell me more on Monday the 21st April".
    My thoughts: "one of the car is the 997 FL, the other one is...is...don't mind: I'm interested only to 997.
    I'm goin' to wait till monday but....why?"
    Now I got the answer, thanx to you: they're going to get the official news in Bejing before tell everyone the truth.
    997 FL is here. The Case is closed.

so that means that the Panamera will be launched at the Bejing show in April next year!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802486 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448323 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265880 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89887 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6363 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885255 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831755 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM