Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: For all you disbelievers of the GT-R answer th

Nissan GT-R uses Bridgestone RE070 runflat tires.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Nick, I have also noticed that Ferdie's posts are getting a little more strident. That can happen to anyone who falls into the trap of taking your posts seriously.

I am aware of Nick's attitude but still hoped to find a cue of hindsight in Nick. Obviously I can spend my precious time in a more efficient manner.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Nissan GT-R uses Bridgestone RE070 runflat tires.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Obviously I can spend my precious time in a more efficient manner.

Then do so. After reading your exchange, I really have no clue why you're still wasting your time .
    Kreso has a high regard for this guy, I agree with several of his views, but I think he's just trolling in this case.

Ferdie wrote;
    I see! The GT2 is not state of the art?

Does not your above comment prove my point? The argument has always been about the GT-R performance and whether Nissan is deceiving the public with its stated hp. Most if not all Porsche owners claim they are because physics will not allow the GT-R to produce the results it does. Then how can the GT2 do it but for its state of the art performance upgrades.

Basically, you have been agreeing with me all along but just too stubborn to recognize or acknowledge it.

Final word, I do not brag. Never have, never will. In defending myself against the claim that I do not know tires, I indicated I do have some knowledge about tires through my representation of tire companies.

Nick,
    I do not think that you're interested in a fruitful discussion. You raise a point and, throughout the whole discussion, you simply aim to back up your initial claims in any possible legitimate and even inappropriate way. You even dare to provide links that, if one cares to follow them, not only lack any sufficient backup for your claims, it even contradicts them. These concepts might work at court, Nick. If you introduce them in a friendly atmosphere as it happens to be right here, then I honestly have to question your moral attitude. As said as it is, I do not even believe that my message comes across to you!
    If anybody who is still interested in the initial topic, the difference between the CGT and GT2 is, as Fritz pointed out, their state of development at launch. The CGT's track performance is still superior and increases as soon as its lower center of gravity, suspension and aerodynamic advantages come into play.
    I personally do not care about the GT-R or its performance details. The Nissan is a technological highlight and surely underwent sufficient detail testing, if it can rival one of the best sportscars with similar weight, power yet with superior weight distribution and transmission it would cause Porsche to improve their products which everybody around here should be happy with.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    [...] I indicated I do have some knowledge about tires through my representation of tire companies.

So Nick,

this lady is representing a tire company as well. Does this make her knowledgeable? As much as you?

GT-R will be slower on the Ring then the '09 Corvette ZR 1 with its latest generation of specially designed for the ZR-1 UHP tires. It weighs less than Porsche GT2 and Nissan's GTR, has way, way more power etc..

Then what?

Then comes the 2010 Porsche GT2 with its close ratio 7spd DSG, more engine power, higher revs and improved traction. Then new 2011 Ferrari F440 Scud with its new and bigger decals will be quicker depending upon whose stopwatch might be in use...

Guys, you can bench race all you want. But without the same generation cars with the same drivers on the same day its like throwing sand at the beach.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    GT-R will be slower on the Ring then the '09 Corvette ZR 1 with its latest generation of specially designed for the ZR-1 UHP tires. It weighs less than Porsche GT2 and Nissan's GTR, has way, way more power etc..

Then what?

Then comes the 2010 Porsche GT2 with its close ratio 7spd DSG, more engine power, higher revs and improved traction. Then new 2011 Ferrari F440 Scud with its new and bigger decals will be quicker depending upon whose stopwatch might be in use...

Guys, you can bench race all you want. But without the same generation cars with the same drivers on the same day its like throwing sand at the beach.

WORD

Since we seem to be heading for bench-racing silly season, who would win a four lap (84 km) race at the Nordschleife on a closed circuit on a dry day at 20c.
    The cars must be checked and verified stock as sold today in Germany and Japan (the only change allowed is Castrol SRF brake fluid with stock pads).

997 Turbo with MPS2 driven by Walter Röhrl
    GTR with Bridgestone runflats driven by Steve Millen

And what would the difference in lap times be if they changed cars with Walter in the GTR and Steve in the Turbo?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    997TT MPSC: 7:42 (factory) / 7:54 (Sport Auto)
    997TT PS2: 7:49 (factory) / 7:5x (8:xx? ) (Sport Auto)

Are you sure?
    I believe the 7.5x is 7.56. Didn't they say in the article they swapped the tires and only got 2s difference?

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    997TT MPSC: 7:42 (factory) / 7:54 (Sport Auto)
    997TT PS2: 7:49 (factory) / 7:5x (8:xx? ) (Sport Auto)

Are you sure?
    I believe the 7.5x is 7.56. Didn't they say in the article they swapped the tires and only got 2s difference?

No. The reason I put ".xx" there is that Sport Auto hasn't tested a Turbo, equipped with PS2 tyres. The 7:56 time is what the old 420-PS 996TT achieved (no LSD, no PCCB, no PASM, no semi-slick tyres).

The 7:52 time is what they managed with a later model-year, which had a somewhat revised PASM setup. Tyres stayed the same. The reason why I wrote 7:42/7:54 is that Porsche claimed the time of 7:42 for the 7:54 car, while the 7:52 car should be actually a bit quicker, if factory values are in fact correct. In any case, Porsche themselves attribute a time penalty of 7 seconds per lap of the Nordschleife.

SA attributed 10s difference on the AMV8 for the semi-slick tires, makes sense.

Still, somehow I remember the 2s gap for the tires on the TT, which sounded odd at the time. Guess I am wrong.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Then what?

With new emission and CAFE laws coming into effect in the US and EU, the cars we are talking about could be the last generation. It will be quite some time before they will make electric cars with 500hp that weight 3100lbs for $65k. Maybe we have another 5 years of true high performance petrol engines, then we'll all be picking up supercharged Lotus'.

Quote:
    AUM said:
    And what would the difference in lap times be if they changed cars with Walter in the GTR and Steve in the Turbo?

The TT is definitely the car that needs a more specific driving style to be fast and safe at the limit. The GT-R, as reported by most magazines, seems to be very refined and forgiving at the limit. Therefore, if changing cars, one might suspect the GT-R's potential might be easier and faster to explore.

This topic is absurd.

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    This topic is absurd.

Your wrong. We just learned that by changing tires you can get a 100hp increase and at the same time lose weight. What could be more relevent?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    No sense arguing with the man. He's a bigger expert than all of you combined.

Berry, you've caused yourself too much embarrassment. Do us all a favour, think before you write your post This post is a good example of trolling, steering up unnecessary arguments and self-ridicle Try to stick to the Ferrari Board and tell us about how you roll on the floor everyday in order to get the 1st order for the forth coming F142 or F149 if possible send us a pic of you in action at your F-car dealer I'm sure you will get the highest no.of hits registered on Rennteam

Re: For all you disbelievers of the GT-R answer this

OK, here are my two cents:
    1. why are you guys so focused in comparing apples and oranges? I still don't understand... To each it's own guys. It's not like we are getting paid for the fastest lap time around the Ring....
    2. you should focus on ideas, not people. Attacking Nick it's not productive.

My two Russion Rubles:

1. There are multiple weighs to attack an issue, which there means there are multiple solutions available. Although Nissan does not inherit the Lotus ethos of 'light is right,' who am I to tell them te engineers who to make the GT-R a true sports car?

2. Even though the car is not to my preference it is hard to ignore the general consensus of the car: it is effortlessly quick. The various automotive magazine outlets results are essentially the same.

3. Yes, tire technology is allowing vehicles become faster. Same holds true in motorcycle tire technologies. This is why certain series such as World Superbikes adopted a control tire to prevent tire manufacturers from spending millions to out do each other for the sake of going faster... and in the eyes of the FIM going faster was becoming dangerous. So tire compounds and construction is years ahead to what was available even a decade ago.

Nissan GT-R hype

Ferdie and fritz IMHO have really 'owned' Nick on this thread. But I just don't understand why nberry cares so much about criticising cars made by a brand he dislikes so much. Doesn't make sense to me. Obviously there's an ulterior motive.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    -Aerodynamics: GT2 is probably the only sportscar that is producing DOWNFORCE at front and rear.

Actually, that is true of the F430 (and 360) also.
    It is unusual, I'll say that.
    Gary

Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    No sense arguing with the man. He's a bigger expert than all of you combined.

Berry, you've caused yourself too much embarrassment. Do us all a favour, think before you write your post This post is a good example of trolling, steering up unnecessary arguments and self-ridicle Try to stick to the Ferrari Board and tell us about how you roll on the floor everyday in order to get the 1st order for the forth coming F142 or F149 if possible send us a pic of you in action at your F-car dealer I'm sure you will get the highest no.of hits registered on Rennteam

I guess part of my problem is envy. In the thread asking how does one get a 149 and whether I put down a deposit you posted a question to me

nberry ! no comments

I was kind enough to answer and you proceed in this thread and others to attack me for my answer. Look do yourself a favor and ignore my posts. There is a setting which will help you do that. Clearly you are unable to deal with me.

NOW NOW , girls..

Anybody see EVO test of GT-R compared to vette, r8

The car is very fast. But it's acc times are becoming more real.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775805 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440947 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262362 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260542 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84965 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5450 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879989 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814933 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM