Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What Cayenne to buy? any thoughts

Hi Guys,

It has been a wee while ago but we moved to the Netherlands on the 1st of April (no joke Smiley) from Brunei. I am thinking about buying a Cayenne again. I had a couple of Cayenne Diesels Mark III's (Avis prestige) over the years and I was pretty impressed.

I still love my CTT08, would it be wise to buy something again? We just bought a house in Schevening so funds for a new turbo aren't available. I never had an issue with my CTT08 but again I had her only 3yrs from new, any issues with CTT Mark II since, what milage should I stay away from? I love the Mark III however if I go for a Mark III, I want the 2014 facelift with the 4 LED day running lights....not sure if wifie will allow me the pleasure Smiley

Just cannot get my head around it Mark II CTT/S or Mark III S? or diesel.....

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Mark

--

2008 Cayenne Turbo (sold) - Looking for a 911 in Brunei, any suggestions?

Re: What Cayenne to buy? any thoughts

If Diesel, only the S Diesel makes sense.

Otherwise, get a GTS (pre-facelift, sounds amazing and the 420 hp are fun) or a Turbo/Turbo S pre-facelift.

If you can afford it, get the latest Turbo, it is perfect in every sense. The new LED lights look amazing, especially in black flavor. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I rode in the V8 diesel Cayenne in Leipzig. Amazing torque!

Doesn't sound like a diesel and drives like a gasoline car, if I don't look at the tachometer I would not have known it was a diesel.

--

Hi Chris/Nick,

Thank you! I will do a little bit more sole searching and will let you know :-)

Best regards

Mark

--

2008 Cayenne Turbo (sold) - Looking for a Cayenne in Holland, any suggestions?

Whoopsy:

Doesn't sound like a diesel and drives like a gasoline car, if I don't look at the tachometer I would not have known it was a diesel.

I think you've been drinking way too much of the Porsche Kool Aid recently Smiley. You need to spend more time in the V12 Italian cars to remind yourself of what an engine should sound like Smiley.  This claim about the diesel is made way too often. Its a sudden hit of torque I'll grant you, but then it flattens out completely and is a big disappointment , and if your window is open rather than shut it sounds very much a diesel even from start up, less than a diesel did 10 year a go but still a diesel. There is only one abomination greater than a diesel and that is a Prius Smiley.

Markdsv:

Hi Chris/Nick,

Thank you! I will do a little bit more sole searching and will let you know :-)

Best regards

Mark

Markdsv - no need to search too long. The Cayenne TT is hands down the best SUV you can buy. If your budget does not stretch to the TT then a GTS it is.

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

I think you've been drinking way too much of the Porsche Kool Aid recently Smiley. You need to spend more time in the V12 Italian cars to remind yourself of what an engine should sound like Smiley.  This claim about the diesel is made way too often. Its a sudden hit of torque I'll grant you, but then it flattens out completely and is a big disappointment , and if your window is open rather than shut it sounds very much a diesel even from start up, less than a diesel did 10 year a go but still a diesel. There is only one abomination greater than a diesel and that is a Prius Smiley.

Lol, well I did ordered a Cayenne TTS! Confirmed June production, delivery date is scheduled to be Sept 2nd :)

Anyway, I didn't say the V8 diesel sounds good, I just say it doesn't sounds like a normal diesel. Smiley

--

I would take the Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S in a heartbeat if I could afford it and if I'd need a SUV right now. The sportiest high quality SUVs on this planet and this includes the new X5M (which is a fantastic SUV but lacks the attraction of the Cayenne, especially in the interior).

For less money, the GTS (pre-facelift model with V8) and the S Diesel (current model) are perfect as well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

....but lacks the attraction of the Cayenne, especially in the interior).

Matter of taste - like always.

To me (also to my wife) the Cayenne has zero attraction from the outside. The interior is nice, but only with all the special leather added.

I like the Cayenne a lot but if I had to choose a SUV by design only, I would probably take a Ranger Rover...

I also love how the Jeep GC SRT looks from the front...very nice.

However, I really love the new (black) LED lights and performance-wise (not necessarily straight line), the Cayenne has no real rivals.

Yes, a matter of taste...my wife hates Range Rover and the G class, so... Smiley

--

RC:

I like the Cayenne a lot but if I had to choose a SUV by design only, I would probably take a Ranger Rover...

I also love how the Jeep GC SRT looks from the front...very nice.

However, I really love the new (black) LED lights and performance-wise (not necessarily straight line), the Cayenne has no real rivals.

I agree - the new blackish lights are excellent. Same for Macan lights - perfect. 

And the new front light o the Cayenne are well done too.

If I would go purely by look I would probably choose the G or a Range Rover

This might not help the OP but IMHO the best Cayenne to buy right now is the Macan smiley

SciFrog:

This might not help the OP but IMHO the best Cayenne to buy right now is the Macan smiley

+1 ! Smiley

When the Macan just came I out I liked it a lot. Yesterday I parked my 958.1 Cayenne next to a Macan. The Cayenne just has a lot more presence. The Macan is a crossover, the Cayenne a SUV. Depends on your needs and preference.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

I like the Macan but prefer the Cayenne (not being bias Smiley)

Thanks for all the reply's ! still considering

cheers,

Mark

--

I think the whole thing is a no-brainer:

If you want a Diesel, get the S Diesel.

If you want a gasoline engine, get the Turbo/Turbo S or pre-facelift GTS with V8.

Everything else won't make you really happy... 

--

If you want an SUV do do serious off roading probably nothing more capable than a Range Rover. I wouldn't have any petrol SUV unless I owned an oil refinery. 

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 R Design daily drive

dreamcar:

If you want an SUV do do serious off roading probably nothing more capable than a Range Rover. I wouldn't have any petrol SUV unless I owned an oil refinery. 

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 R Design daily drive

if youre not a soccer mommy, you need a range rover we just ordered an svr

I love SUVs (honestly, I do), especially high performance SUVs but if I wouldn't "need" them, I wouldn't buy them.

I do not care about fuel consumption, I care about performance and fun factor (if I had to haul around the kids, wife and her luggage, etc., I would want something fun to drive... ).

Saw a nice new RS6 Performance yesterday, while checking on that R8 I'm interested in again. The RS6 Performance is a mean machine, took even a short test-drive but this thing is sooooo long...not really my thing. It reminds me of one of the travel sales persons I meet from time to time in my business...he drives the new A6. Sorry, I just can't get to like a station wagon, thanks god my wife hates them. indecision

The new Q7 also seems to be quite successful, my dealer has tons of them for immediate availability but unfortunately only the 3.0 TDi model. Average price tag is around 80-90k EUR, some used models are available for 69-75k EUR. A bit too much for a 272 hp (I think) Diesel at this size (and weight).

Not easy to make the right decision but I think the new Cayenne is still a very attractive SUV. Unless you choose a boring Diesel (S Diesel is a different story). The look is also important, it should look a bit sportier or at least mean. 

--

I'm not sure where to post this:http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/motoring/motoring-news/new-porsche-v8-power-future-11310319

Guys,

I am currently looking at buying a Cayenne Turbo 2012 (August), 100K (km) on clock, PDCC, Pano, Burmeister, two tone, top spec, fully dealer maintained........ at 75K Euro's.

Any thoughts? any problems with the CTT12? looks like a great car and basically the Mark III from the CTT08 I had. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 20.41.22.png

Best regards,

Mark

--

Could be a european thing but I would think this car is much cheaper in the USA. I traded in my 4 year old CTTS for $50k, my friend the same price but 3 year old... and They both had only 75k km on the dial...

Seems like a good deal. I am not aware of any major issues with these cars. Always look for brake disc wear though on a Turbo.

Most expensive brake job out there, $5k...

Thanks guys ! Cars in Europe are much more expensive as we have to pay (what is called in Holland) BPM....tax, this can easily be 40K Euros for this CTT when new alone....

--

Markdsv:

Guys,

I am currently looking at buying a Cayenne Turbo 2012 (August), 100K (km) on clock, PDCC, Pano, Burmeister, two tone, top spec, fully dealer maintained........ at 75K Euro's.

Any thoughts? any problems with the CTT12? looks like a great car and basically the Mark III from the CTT08 I had. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 20.41.22.png

Best regards,

Mark

My dealer offers a 2013 (registered end of 2012) Cayenne Turbo S, previously factory owned, with only 27000 km for 86000 EUR incl. Approved Warranty. Car only lacks Burmester and PCCB.

Just saying...if you are interested, I can make the contact. Dealer is an official Porsche dealer in Germany.
    Color isn't exactly perfect (brown red or whatever it is called but you can easily wrap it in a different color).

--

SciFrog:

Could be a european thing but I would think this car is much cheaper in the USA. I traded in my 4 year old CTTS for $50k, my friend the same price but 3 year old... and They both had only 75k km on the dial...

Very true. My neighbor sold his tts with half those miles and same year for $27k. Use suv is very cheap here. 

Congrats Mark!
    So the heart won it again from the brains? ;-)

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

That Turbo S at my dealer I told you before has now been reduced to 79890 EUR. Ouch.

You must be a fool to pay almost the same money for a Turbo with 100k km. enlightened

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

My dealer technician told me Porsche will make the Cayenne a 5 seater in the future - I.e. 3 proper seats in the back. Has anyone heard anything similar ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764976 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436955 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261263 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258118 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82715 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877262 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809444 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM