Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 992 (Next 911 generation 2018/2019) Thread Closed

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:
    noone1:

How could Porsche be a benchmark when no other cars are direct competitors with the world's only sports car? 

Go ask magazines or other manufacturers why they keep bringing out the 911 on comparison tests. 

Why don't they bring out the RAV4 instead.

That wouldn't be a fair comparison Nick, remember the Rav4 has an LCD rear view mirror

Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Do Boxster buyers get a $200K rear view mirrors, or do 911 Turbo buyers get a $50K rear view mirrors? I'm not sure which...

"Rear view mirrors... The benchmark for sportscars, and if they are not LCD they are not worthy, period". - Noone1 dixit.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

noone1:

Do Boxster buyers get a $200K rear view mirrors, or do 911 Turbo buyers get a $50K rear view mirrors? I'm not sure which...

I can probably ask Exclusive to make me a 50k mirror if I want to.

Doesn't mean I will.

--

You can also have your doctor install a rear view mirror for you.  Just ask for a colonoscopy...😜

Wonderbar:

You can also have your doctor install a rear view mirror for you.  Just ask for a colonoscopy...😜

Think noone1 needed that. The way he posts, he seems to have something major stuck up there.

Smiley

--

No active air intake diffusers??

--

'08 997 C4 sand beige on basalt black

Drove on the B17 in Bavaria yesterday in my R8.

"Met" a Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Coupe in red along the way.

We initially drove through two sharp curves at very high speeds (over 220 kph) but I couldn't get closer (it was basically the same performance). I thought something is wrong with my car but it didn't feel that way. My R8 does 100 to 200 kph in 6.5 seconds, when I'm alone, I was with my wife this time, so maybe a tiny bit worse indecision (she weights 56 kg).

The Porsche suddenly reduced speed on a straight (at around 200 kph, we had traffic), moved to the right and then moved back behind me. I fully accelerated and drove at around 240-260 kph through some curves there but I couldn't shake off the Porsche. These are usually the curves everyone else "gives" up at these speeds, they aren't difficult to drive that fast but they look nasty (and you need to pay attention that you don't have the surprise of much slower traffic after the curve). I drove these curves at least a couple of hundreds of times, so I could do it in my sleep.

Over 260 kph, I had the feeling that I am driving away very very slowly but under that speed, the Porsche was basically sticking to my rear. He couldn't pass (I moved to the right lane) but it was the same speed.

I was kind of pissed to be honest. Usually, I'm the "king" of these curves at those speeds, the road is also a bit uneven in these curves, so drivers often get even more scared.

Well...the car had a S-OL license plate and www.porsche.de/werkswagen on it. A factory car. 

When a speed limit came up, I looked inside the other car (to my left) and there were two pretty women inside the car, the older one was driving and she didn't look happy (neither did I, I think...).

Bottom line is: This was no ordinary 991.2 Carrera GTS Coupe, no way. My 991.2 Carrera GTS Cab has outran on the Autobahn three(!) 991.2 GTS so far, only little by little but it did, it's engine is certainly in a very good shape. My 991.2 Carrera GTS Cab stands no chance against my R8, we tried it. 

My guess is: This 991.2 Carrera GTS with S-OL license plates had over 500 hp. At least. So the 992 came into my mind. Maybe the next 992 Carrera GTS? Maybe a different prototype? I know that Porsche tests future engines and tech in "older" models but this one was really looking stock. Nothing out of the ordinary on this car, I looked at the rear, the front, nothing special (as far as I could tell).

So if you meet a Carrera GTS with S-OL license plates on the Autobahn, be aware of it. Not slow. Not the car and not the driver. indecision

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Quite impressive, RC. Driving at those speeds is well beyond my capability, and my desire. I know you are an experienced driver, but please be careful. Accidents can, and will happen. wink

Wonderbar:

Quite impressive, RC. Driving at those speeds is well beyond my capability, and my desire. I know you are an experienced driver, but please be careful. Accidents can, and will happen. wink

I know how this sounds but I am careful. Difficult to understand, I get it. Thanks for your concern. Smiley

Impressive? Not so sure since that woman from Porsche wasn't slower and maybe she would have been faster in the right car. Smiley Still curious who she was, they don't have many female test-drivers. Or maybe it was a very female looking blonde man. Smiley Smiley

As long as my wife doesn't complain, I am good. Smiley She hates driving but she knows me for over 25 years and she trusts me. Only once did she complain and she was right. This was a very very long time ago in the mountains, where I was dumb enough to let someone provoke me. It ended well for me, not so well for the other one (but I was lucky, very lucky) but my wife was scared to death and I won't forget that. I put that in the category "young and restless...or better said, young and stupid". Smiley

I still cannot believe how fast that Carrera GTS was, amazing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Guys!!! Do you Love the 992????

I Do!!!!

Are you guys expacting for another 4/5 years to make the GREAT even better!!!! 

LOVE the 911

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I Do!!!!

LOVE the 911

Have you seen it?

--

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I Do!!!!

LOVE the 911

Whatever drugs you are on, send some over Smiley

--

bluelines:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I Do!!!!

LOVE the 911

HahhahahahahhahahaSmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

bluelines:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I Do!!!!

LOVE the 911

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley Exactly my thoughts....

--

ecstasy would be my guess....  excellent choice paulo :)

RC:

We initially drove through two sharp curves at very high speeds (over 220 kph) but I couldn't get closer (it was basically the same performance). I thought something is wrong with my car but it didn't feel that way. My R8 does 100 to 200 kph in 6.5 seconds, when I'm alone, I was with my wife this time, so maybe a tiny bit worse indecision (she weights 56 kg).

The Porsche suddenly reduced speed on a straight (at around 200 kph, we had traffic), moved to the right and then moved back behind me. I fully accelerated and drove at around 240-260 kph through some curves there but I couldn't shake off the Porsche. These are usually the curves everyone else "gives" up at these speeds, they aren't difficult to drive that fast but they look nasty (and you need to pay attention that you don't have the surprise of much slower traffic after the curve). I drove these curves at least a couple of hundreds of times, so I could do it in my sleep.

Over 260 kph, I had the feeling that I am driving away very very slowly but under that speed, the Porsche was basically sticking to my rear. He couldn't pass (I moved to the right lane) but it was the same speed.

I was kind of pissed to be honest. Usually, I'm the "king" of these curves at those speeds, the road is also a bit uneven in these curves, so drivers often get even more scared.

Well...the car had a S-OL license plate and www.porsche.de/werkswagen on it. A factory car. 

When a speed limit came up, I looked inside the other car (to my left) and there were two pretty women inside the car, the older one was driving and she didn't look happy (neither did I, I think...).

Bottom line is: This was no ordinary 991.2 Carrera GTS Coupe, no way. My 991.2 Carrera GTS Cab has outran on the Autobahn three(!) 991.2 GTS so far, only little by little but it did, it's engine is certainly in a very good shape. My 991.2 Carrera GTS Cab stands no chance against my R8, we tried it. 

My guess is: This 991.2 Carrera GTS with S-OL license plates had over 500 hp. At least. So the 992 came into my mind. Maybe the next 992 Carrera GTS? Maybe a different prototype? I know that Porsche tests future engines and tech in "older" models but this one was really looking stock. Nothing out of the ordinary on this car, I looked at the rear, the front, nothing special (as far as I could tell).

So if you meet a Carrera GTS with S-OL license plates on the Autobahn, be aware of it. Not slow. Not the car and not the driver. indecision

--

It could have only been a super prototype having been able to keep up with you and your 56kg wife! Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

It could have only been a super prototype having been able to keep up with you and your 56kg wife! Smiley

indecision

--

Actually, i was not on drugs (and i´m still not). The message i posted was wrongfully posted here by me. The message was suppose to be posted on another forum (that also starts with renn) because of all the bashing that the 992 spy shots was getting by several members, the same members that bashed the 991 spy shots some 7 years ago and that now say that the 991 is the last true 911 (not because of the na engine but because of the design). So, the message posted here makes absolutly no sense, considering it was a reply to several comments made on another forum and on a different conversation.

Sorry.

Speaking of drugs, the most powerfull thing i ever took was weed and that was about some 12/13 years ago, so dont worry.

Regards.

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No worries wink The enthusiasm expressed in your post was most refreshing for this Renn-forum kiss

--

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Actually, i was not on drugs (and i´m still not). The message i posted was wrongfully posted here by me. The message was suppose to be posted on another forum (that also starts with renn) because of all the bashing that the 992 spy shots was getting by several members, the same members that bashed the 991 spy shots some 7 years ago and that now say that the 991 is the last true 911 (not because of the na engine but because of the design). So, the message posted here makes absolutly no sense, considering it was a reply to several comments made on another forum and on a different conversation.

Sorry.

Speaking of drugs, the most powerfull thing i ever took was weed and that was about some 12/13 years ago, so dont worry.

Regards.

:-D You sure made my day Paulo Smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Porker:
    RC:

--

Since I own a 991.2 Carrera GTS Cab myself and one in a pretty good shape (power-wise, two Coupe encounters and my Cab was always a tiny bit faster) and it was never able to follow my R8 (we tried) in any speed range and especially not above 200 kph, I assume that if that GTS Coupe was exactly as fast as my R8 (I was going full throttle, up to 280 kph at one point), it wasn't stock. Add the S-OL license plates to it, then the female driver (drive the B17 at that part at 260-270 kph per hour...in curves, one of our users knows that road, he PMed me) and the fact that she didn't look happy when she was next to me (I smiled and wanted to show thumbs up but she didn't look at all and looked pretty pissed), are clear indications for a non-stock factory car.

This has nothing to do with me and my 56 kg wife but common sense and a bit of intelligence. Smiley

1 + 1 = 2. Simple math. You should try it. Smiley

Btw: You could be happy to do 240-250 kph on that road in your GT3, it has bumps in the curves, with your stiff suspension setup, you wouldn't survive higher speeds in those curves. Smiley

--

Well, on the other hand...the good news is: she may have expected you to be alone in the car and obviously was a bit disappointed that this handsome hairy good looking  timberland wearing racing fellow had other company...Smiley

d997h:

Well, on the other hand...the good news is: she may have expected you to be alone in the car and obviously was a bit disappointed that this handsome hairy good looking  timberland wearing racing fellow had other company...Smiley

Smiley Smiley Nah, she was good...she had a young and pretty woman next to her (daughter...girlfriend...). Both didn't look, which was quite disappointing. I really prepared my thumbs up... Smiley My wife told me that I should have married "one of those" but I told her that I wouldn't have been happy with a wife enjoying driving herself. Smiley

--

RC:

You could be happy to do 240-250 kph on that road in your GT3, it has bumps in the curves, with your stiff suspension setup, you wouldn't survive higher speeds in those curves. Smiley

This sounds like an invitation for a duel Porker Smiley 

--

RC:

Btw: You could be happy to do 240-250 kph on that road in your GT3, it has bumps in the curves, with your stiff suspension setup, you wouldn't survive higher speeds in those curves. Smiley

the day than a road legal R8 will take faster curves than a road legal GT3 is not yet arrived Smiley, bumpy roads or not Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

the day than a road legal R8 will take faster curves than a road legal GT3 is not yet arrived Smiley, bumpy roads or not Smiley

You clearly don't understand the concept of chassis setups. If you can do that curve at over 260 kph in a GT3 without shitting your pants (or loosing control), the next beer is on me. Smiley The road is so bumpy that the suspension escalates itself more and more. If the dampening is too stiff...ouch. I had issues with several cars there, incl. a 991.1 GT3 RS.

Unless of course you drive better than Sutil... Smiley Smiley

--

bluelines:
    RC:

You could be happy to do 240-250 kph on that road in your GT3, it has bumps in the curves, with your stiff suspension setup, you wouldn't survive higher speeds in those curves. Smiley

This sounds like an invitation for a duel Porker Smiley 

Where did I hear that before? Smiley  Smiley

--

RC:

You clearly don't understand the concept of chassis setups. If you can do that curve at over 260 kph in a GT3 without shitting your pants (or loosing control), the next beer is on me. Smiley The road is so bumpy that the suspension escalates itself more and more. If the dampening is too stiff...ouch. I had issues with several cars there, incl. a 991.1 GT3 RS.

Unless of course you drive better than Sutil... Smiley Smiley
    --

I understand the concept of chassis setup...Smiley and your love for the R8 Smiley

GT3 chassis is not super stif unless you put it in sport mode which is a non sense for road use.

the GT3 requires a setup and proper chassis alignment to be as efficient as possible. the Ring is bumpy as crazy and I didn't see any issue to take curves at stupid speed with the ''less efficient'' .1 GT3 and .2 may just better on any possible way.

let me know where the road in subject is, I will try to visit at some point Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752890 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430561 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258521 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255426 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5251 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868161 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801714 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM