Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

anyone order the Scuderia with extra Carbon?

Just have a look at the option list and there are some exterior Carbon fibre options. Expensive for a car that is already cost much more than a standard 430.

Most people order those CF steering wheel and door sill covers, so what about those exterior CF?

Re: anyone order the Scuderia with extra Carbon?

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Most people order those CF steering wheel and door sill covers, so what about those exterior CF?

According to Ferrari, they save some further weight. If it's worth it? Well, as I said before, I would never order some over-expensive CF-options...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:

According to Ferrari, they save some further weight. If it's worth it? Well, as I said before, I would never order some over-expensive CF-options...

Me too, especially those exterior CF parts are so easy to get damages.

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:

Me too, especially those exterior CF parts are so easy to get damages.

Exactly my thoughts. Hit them and you have to pay twice.

didn't order extra carbon, but today i inquired about the extra cost of having the wheels in black, and stripes in other than silver, if such a custom option is available... want my Scud to be truly unique :-)

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    didn't order extra carbon, but today i inquired about the extra cost of having the wheels in black, and stripes in other than silver, if such a custom option is available... want my Scud to be truly unique :-)

what colour did you ordered and what options you are getting?

I just ordered the front CF package. It consists of the front bumper splitter and the surround material around the headlamps.

There are two more exterior CF options. The side CF option which is the underdoor cover and painted in the same color as the body of the car.
    There is also the rear CF option which includes the rear diffuser and engine hood. The engine hood is painted in the body color.
    All three CF options together reduce the Scuderia weight by an additional 34lbs (abt. 15kg)

Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    I just ordered the front CF package. It consists of the front bumper splitter and the surround material around the headlamps.

There are two more exterior CF options. The side CF option which is the underdoor cover and painted in the same color as the body of the car.
    There is also the rear CF option which includes the rear diffuser and engine hood. The engine hood is painted in the body color.
    All three CF options together reduce the Scuderia weight by an additional 34lbs (abt. 15kg)

The main advantage of the front CF option is the fact, that you can actually SEE that it's carbon. The black front splitter looks nice, though it reminds me a bit too much of the look of the facelifted SL.

I see no use in ordering a CF package, where you don't see the CF because it's painted in body colour.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:

The main advantage of the front CF option is the fact, that you can actually SEE that it's carbon. The black front splitter looks nice, though it reminds me a bit too much of the look of the facelifted SL.

I see no use in ordering a CF package, where you don't see the CF because it's painted in body colour.

Very true........

Quote:
    Tarek_K said:

what about the cf door sill?

besides the cf steering wheel, any other must have option?

thanks

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:

and i bet if the owner order leather and stereo stuff etc, that would easily add more than 15kg.

so a standard Scuderia is 85kg less then a F430.

rear diffuser in cf would be awesome, but at the same time it is too scarey to have that cf part on street.

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    rear diffuser in cf would be awesome, but at the same time it is too scarey to have that cf part on street.

Exactly. Got a friend who owns a Challenge Stradale, which has a lot of CF at the rear. He had a light rear-end-collision with a bike (no fault of him, bike was way too quick). Had a lot of mess thereafter, replacing all the CF.

Biker was alright BTW.

i got it in grigio silverstone, with stripes, yellow calipers, yellow stiching, tech. fabric, hi-fi/blue tooth, adjustable seat hight, stearing wheel with LED, and (forgot, got the sheet at the office)... but in my heart, i would like it in white with black stripes and black wheels...

Mabruk!

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    i got it in grigio silverstone, with stripes, yellow calipers, yellow stiching, tech. fabric, hi-fi/blue tooth, adjustable seat hight, stearing wheel with LED, and (forgot, got the sheet at the office)... but in my heart, i would like it in white with black stripes and black wheels...

just get what you want, my dealer said don't order the cf door sill cover, that's useless.

i ordered all the options i want... kept it basic... i think the extra CF parts are too expensive, and you loose them on the re-sale... i am just confused on the color... i want it to be different, and got no problem with it being flashy anymore, but trying to stay away from red and yellow... saw pics. of a black one, with no stripes, and gold wheels... damn it looks wild...

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    saw pics. of a black one, with no stripes, and gold wheels... damn it looks wild...

Here we go...

Actually I like the golden wheels very much (in the meantime, reminded me too much of a WRX STi at the beginning ).
    Here's one of my favourite pics...

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    i ordered all the options i want... kept it basic... i think the extra CF parts are too expensive, and you loose them on the re-sale... i am just confused on the color... i want it to be different, and got no problem with it being flashy anymore, but trying to stay away from red and yellow... saw pics. of a black one, with no stripes, and gold wheels... damn it looks wild...

Did you ordered the roll bar, 4-pt belts and driver's seat adjustment device?

Just wondering how useful do they.

The only thing I turly want is the CF wheel and CF door sills plus a nice exterior colour.

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:

what about the cf door sill?

besides the cf steering wheel

Yes, I ordered those as well and the 4 point harness.

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:

I did not order the roll bar.......you do not need it if you're not going to track the car much, plus it also restricts slightly the rear visibility. I also did not order the seat adjustment device......you only need it if you are really small. It will only increase the height of the seat by 40mm.......won't lower it. You need to unbolt the whole seat to readjust the seat height, therefore it's a bit unpractical.
    The 4 point safety harness is a nice option.

Thanks TK,

I just went to the dealer and I have seen a CS with the 4 pt harness, thats looks great. Thanks for the info, you are right adj device is complete joke, it wont lower the seat and the setting is unpractical. The roll bar is silly too, just a single bar in the back.

A pleasure .

that black one is hot... and true, the golden wheels are a bit subaruish... didn't order the roll bar... wanted to keep the interior "clean"... as for the 4 point harness, saw them on a friend's scud, and didn't seem to practical to me... and if you flip them back and not use them, they start swinging against the CF of the back of your seat... i would only get them if i was taking the car on track... same goes for the roll bar... guys, give me ideas of a wild color combo (body, stripes, wheels)!!!

the rear "big" carbon fiber option is not available now from the factory. for those who don't track the car i dont advice you the 4 points, they are a pain in the *ss for everyday use. the roll bar looks nice since it is covered by technical fabric with stitching

Does anyone have a picture of the CF bits installed on the car? I agree with Tarek that painted CF is less appealing than raw CF so the front option is the only one I am considering except perhaps the sills.

Quote:
    K1 said:
    Does anyone have a picture of the CF bits installed on the car? I agree with Tarek that painted CF is less appealing than raw CF so the front option is the only one I am considering except perhaps the sills.

I will post some pictures in a few days when my Scud arrives.

Thanks Tarek, I am getting excited just getting my final order together but you must be on the edge of your seat with delivery pending!

Quote:
    K1 said:
    Thanks Tarek, I am getting excited just getting my final order together but you must be on the edge of your seat with delivery pending!

Tell me about it.........many sleepless nights .

Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:

I did not order the roll bar.......you do not need it if you're not going to track the car much, plus it also restricts slightly the rear visibility. I also did not order the seat adjustment device......you only need it if you are really small. It will only increase the height of the seat by 40mm.......won't lower it. You need to unbolt the whole seat to readjust the seat height, therefore it's a bit unpractical.
    The 4 point safety harness is a nice option.

you will regret having ordered the 4point harness.....its just a PITA that serves no purpose whatsoever in a road going car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802715 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448407 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265940 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89952 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6426 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885409 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832344 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM