Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bahrain F1 Grand Prix

Quote:
    WAY said:
    I reckon Alonso played dirty on Hamilton. I cannot see any reason why he would be so much slower than Hamilton there. Well done Massa. He definitely deserved it this time!

WAY, if you read what ever comments on media after today's GP you will see that it was Hamilton who hit Alonso not the other way around.... So as an impartial view of the race you should blame Hamilton for being a spoiled little bastard and not a double world champion for going flat out in that corner (read the Autosport telemetry).

Quote:
    WAY said:
    I reckon Alonso played dirty on Hamilton. I cannot see any reason why he would be so much slower than Hamilton there. Well done Massa. He definitely deserved it this time!

What? Hamilton crashed on Alonso not the other way around.

Hamilton does OK if he starts out front. He has yet to demonstrate that he can win from behind as Kimi has done many times before.

I would say Hamilton's luck has turned.

Hamilton had a great rookie season, but days like this show that he will never win a championship (which Alonso did twice).

Quote:

-Alonso has a notorious history for foul play and I would love to see his data from the incident with Hamilton. It wouldn't surprise me if the collision was a fabrication of Alonso. Either way that happens when you do a terrible start. Hamilton can't allow himself to drop several point right into the mix. It's very easy to get into trouble with a Red Bull, Honda or Toyota. He did a far worse start compared with the one he did in Malysia.

Quote:
    WAY said:

I love you guys

Quote:
    luwalira said:

-Alonso has a notorious history for foul play and I would love to see his data from the incident with Hamilton. It wouldn't surprise me if the collision was a fabrication of Alonso.

My apologies to Alonso and all his fans if he indeed did not brake test Hamilton. But if that is the case, then the question has to be asked as to why the Renault is so much slower than the McLaren out of there??? Time for Alonso to go to Red Bull seeing that they are powered by Renault and David Coulthard should be retiring! Honestly I think Redbull could do with someone of Alonso's calibre to develop the car and push it that extra few tenths. They now have all the right people on board, but they don't have a top driver like Kimi, Lewis, Fernando, Robert etc. Webber is not bad, but he isn't the same level as those mentioned above. Ie. not world champ material.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    My apologies to Alonso and all his fans if he indeed did not brake test Hamilton. But if that is the case, then the question has to be asked as to why the Renault is so much slower than the McLaren out of there??? Time for Alonso to go to Red Bull seeing that they are powered by Renault and David Coulthard should be retiring! Honestly I think Redbull could do with someone of Alonso's calibre to develop the car and push it that extra few tenths. They now have all the right people on board, but they don't have a top driver like Kimi, Lewis, Fernando, Robert etc. Webber is not bad, but he isn't the same level as those mentioned above. Ie. not world champ material.

apologise accepted

Now I completely regret the idea of Alonso going to BMW, it was a bad idea moving to renault (I never thought I was going to say something like this), but basically the R27 and the R28 are just the same car !!!

For sure a complete F1 year wasted for Alonso, no doubt at all !

As I expected before the start of the season, this looks like being Ferrari's year. I dont think the McLaren/Lewis combination is fast enough this year, sadly. Lewis will challenge some days but I think the Ferrari's will scrap it out this year. If he has reliability, I also fancy Massa to be more together than Kimi on some weekends. Once he gets a taste of success and has confidence, Massa is formidable. His critics really should wake up and look at how his career has developed, rather than judge him on two races, remember Kimi at the start of 2007? I also think Ferrari know this very well and know what an asset he is. They are unlikely to let him go after having developed him for so many years. The warmth between the Ferrari team and Massa is very evident, in fact much more so than with Kimi.

I dont believe Alonso did brake test Lewis, the Renault is simply too slow! Think of it as a Ferrari F430 compared to a Skoda..

Impressive of Lewis to hold up his hands and say he made mistakes and his poor race was entirely his fault. No complaining, no excuses, no blaming other people. Unlike a certain bushy eyebrowed Spaniard...BTW what was up with Alonso's hand movements? He was racing, not lapping people??! Maybe he thought he was still in a McLaren and lapping people, forgetting he is in a Renault and being challenged by teams like Force India!

Quote:
    cgt said:Impressive of Lewis to hold up his hands and say he made mistakes and his poor race was entirely his fault. No complaining, no excuses, no blaming other people. Unlike a certain bushy eyebrowed Spaniard...BTW what was up with Alonso's hand movements? He was racing, not lapping people??! Maybe he thought he was still in a McLaren and lapping people, forgetting he is in a Renault and being challenged by teams like Force India!

Your post is hilarious as usual, because everytime you write about F1 you show that you have no idea of what you're talking about

Quote:
    Q. What happened in the incident with Timo Glock?

FA: I was just frustrated with my own car, not with him. I missed an opportunity to overtake him and I had wheelspin at the exit, and that was it. I lost unfortunately.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66449

By the way, wasn't your beloved Golden Boy waving his fist to the "monkeys"(that's how the Greatest refers to slower drivers)?

I dont see how the Alonso-Hamilton incident in any way could be Alonso's fault. Hamilton had to make up for his mistake off the grid (fumbling with the switches) and tried to overtake Alonso way too optimistically.
    He drove the way Kimi drove in Melbourne: unfocussed.

I am sure we will see Hamilton bounce back, but I am equally sure that he will have to work a lot on his mental abilities if he wants to become champion. Seems he too often crumbles and fumbles under pressure, and F1 is the wrong sport for that kind of mistakes.

Massa did a great job and secured himself a break from the recent pressure on him regarding his future with Ferrari.
    To me he is very much an "all or nothing" driver, and I dont see him winning the championship ever - but he has shown he can win races, so who knows?

Alonso is simply stuck with a car that cannot keep up with BMW, McL or Ferrari. I think it's pretty much that simple.

Timo Glock was the nice surprise in this GP - did a great job and it seems Toyota has finally started making a car that doesnt lose rear wheel grip with each progressing lap. Nice.

Kimi was more or less anonymous, he simply drove a steady race after the initial scrambling for positions.

BMW impresses more and more, and it's great for every F1 fan that we now have 3 teams in contention for the championships!
    Kubica was obviously faster than Kimi today, but unfortunately for him he didnt manage to overtake Kimi in the early stages, and risking it all with a last-minute attempt would also be stupid, so considering his poor start he dd a good job in the end.

Gangajas, nice to see you back!

Guys, I'd like to point out some things here:

Ferrari & Toyota have been testing at Bahrain prior to this season, so it doesn't come as a surprise that these two teams showed quite some performance there. Massa seems to be a nice guy and is certainly quick if he stays focussed, he just lacks some leadership potential and consistency. It was Raikkonen, by the way being new to the team last season, who finally became world champion. Period.

So far Glock doesn't come close to Trulli in qualifying, he seems to be suffering from this season's conditions to sufficiently perform once you're stuck in traffic.

McLaren will improve in the next couple of races, that is for sure. I am very disappointed, yet far from surprised, that Hamilton had some weak moments. He had a very good season last year, far from any pressure and benefiting from Alonso's development and set-up efforts. He has, in my eyes, a very opportunistic attitude. If you don't believe me, time will prove... On top of that, he couldn't even get past Fisichella in the ForceIndia (what's that vehicle's laptime by the way ). He didn't even have any other option than to take it on himself...

Very curious if BMW can keep up the performance in the next couple of months, I certainly cross fingers for them. Quite a surprise to see Kubica and Heidfeld that far up front, the former seems to have the higher consistency, Heidfeld the higher urge. Afterall both seem to be in a healthy competition and benefit from each other.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Alonso has a notorious history for foul play and I would love to see his data from the incident with Hamilton. It wouldn't surprise me if the collision was a fabrication of Alonso. Either way that happens when you do a terrible start. Hamilton can't allow himself to drop several point right into the mix. It's very easy to get into trouble with a Red Bull, Honda or Toyota. He did a far worse start compared with the one he did in Malysia.

Sorry, ridiculous. No doubt one can debate about Alonso's general attitude and especially his behaviour during last season. Yet you have to show me one single incident where he was very uncompetitive. It is funny to see that he was the first to congratulate Raikkonen for his championship victory last year, Kubica for his first pole position and even Piquet jr. stated in an interview that he receives quite a few useful assistance from FA.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802940 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448472 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265998 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89998 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6487 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832794 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM