Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rami's RUF Rt12 cab - Performance sheet & movi

@Rami: with 20" rims, did you have to make any adjustments since your differential on AWD with factory settings expects 19" rims? Just curious...

Quote:
    Rami said:
    200kph-300kph was done by using the same shift points so that SHOULD result into:
    0-300kph: 26.75 sec!

Rami - you said you would not be driving so fast with your dubious "mix and match" aerodynamics ?

Just kidding, 0-300kph under 27s is a very fast time and shows your 650 horses are present and correct - the RT12 Coupe tested in Sport Auto took 24.8s and was substantially lighter than yours @ ~1500kg.

Regarding the aerodyanamics, can you share with us how it felt at such extreme velocities ?

No adjustments needed for the 20" rims easy_rider. RUF also delivers the Rt12 with 20" rims in option but they do say 19" is much better for handling and performance.

I had to test it TB993tt
    The car already did 345kph (RUF tested it) and they told me that installing the GT2 front would only improve stability at higher velocity. The car felt amazing to be honest, no lift upfront whatsoever ... and this is still with the stock suspension.

RUF also performs windtunnel tests btw ... they just don't make a big fuzz about it like some others do.

Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    200kph-300kph was done by using the same shift points so that SHOULD result into:

Just kidding, 0-300kph under 27s is a very fast time and shows your 650 horses are present and correct - the RT12 Coupe tested in Sport Auto took 24.8s and was substantially lighter than yours @ ~1500kg.

Just one quick remark: the sportauto Rt12 had the longer (360kph+) gearing. Rami's car has (I think) the shorter 997TT standard gearing.

An additonal reference point: a R&T test car (Rt12 Coupe) did 27s with the longer gearing as an additional reference point.

In summary I would argue that Rami's car confirms the excellent performance of Ruf's customer cars

If only their sales staff would be as good as their technical staff... I tried to buy a Rt12 two times within the last 12 months. Both times my efforts were not rewarded. I think I will now put my interest to a hold for quite some time

Very Nice!

Any word on minor upgrades for the GT2 by RUF ?

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Just one quick remark: the sportauto Rt12 had the longer (360kph+) gearing. Rami's car has (I think) the shorter 997TT standard gearing.

An additonal reference point: a R&T test car (Rt12 Coupe) did 27s with the longer gearing as an additional reference point.

In summary I would argue that Rami's car confirms the excellent performance of Ruf's customer cars

If only their sales staff would be as good as their technical staff... I tried to buy a Rt12 two times within the last 12 months. Both times my efforts were not rewarded. I think I will now put my interest to a hold for quite some time

I didn't know you actually intended to pull the trigger on the Rt12, Markus. That being said, many people would bend over backwards for a guy, who is willing to spend 300k EUR on their product. Not sure I like that kind of attitude, frankly .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

I didn't know you actually intended to pull the trigger on the Rt12, Markus. That being said, many people would bend over backwards for a guy, who is willing to spend 300k EUR on their product. Not sure I like that kind of attitude, frankly .

Yes indeed. Last try was on February 25th. Have not heard back from them since... Can you believe that

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Yes indeed. Last try was on February 25th. Have not heard back from them since... Can you believe that

No, I cannot . If a customer were willing to pay 300.000 euros for something I've built, I'd be ecstatic about it (well, unless it cost me 400.000 to build ). I could understand them saying that they are fully backed up and apologizing, but not even responding? That is really weak . Oh well, I guess you'll just have to make due with the GT2 for 1/3 less money .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    If a customer were willing to pay 300.000 euros for something I've built, I'd be ecstatic about it (well, unless it cost me 400.000 to build ). I could understand them saying that they are fully backed up and apologizing, but not even responding?

Once I called them for an US colleague they were very, very friendly but far from interested to get back at us when their, soon to be launched back then, product would get on sale. Markus doesn't seem to be the "Atze Schroeder" kind of guy either.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    If a customer were willing to pay 300.000 euros for something I've built, I'd be ecstatic about it (well, unless it cost me 400.000 to build ). I could understand them saying that they are fully backed up and apologizing, but not even responding?

Once I called them for an US colleague they were very, very friendly but far from interested to get back at us when their, soon to be launched back then, product would get on sale. Markus doesn't seem to be the "Atze Schroeder" kind of guy either.

Thanks for your support

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

web page

The main reason I got rid of my CTR (Yellowbird) was trying to buy the Ruf components for maintenance was soooo difficult taking literally months to get hold of parts due to lack of "enthusiastic" communication - proved too stressful and once the car was 100% perfect I sold it..... sort of wished I hadn't now but one forgets the stress easily over time........

It is funny but the best tuners, Ruf and RS are both hard to deal with, with RS probably taking the biscuit.... I get the feeling that their approach is borne from having to deal with so many "lame" enquiries from "internet wannabees" (obviously present company excepted ) who find it ever so easy to fire off an email requesting detailed (time consuming) quotes on their dream engine job which they know in reality will always be a dream and (if they actually pull a trigger) they will opt for the $10000 dollar chassis dyno proven option instead....

Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    The main reason I got rid of my CTR (Yellowbird) was trying to buy the Ruf components for maintenance was soooo difficult taking literally months to get hold of parts due to lack of "enthusiastic" communication - proved too stressful and once the car was 100% perfect I sold it..... sort of wished I hadn't now but one forgets the stress easily over time........

It is funny but the best tuners, Ruf and RS are both hard to deal with, with RS probably taking the biscuit.... I get the feeling that their approach is borne from having to deal with so many "lame" enquiries from "internet wannabees" (obviously present company excepted ) who find it ever so easy to fire off an email requesting detailed (time consuming) quotes on their dream engine job which they know in reality will always be a dream and (if they actually pull a trigger) they will opt for the $10000 dollar chassis dyno proven option instead....

Interesting that I am not the only one not satisfied with the speed of their feed-back... The people at Ruf I like a lot, very nice to deal with. It is just that they are soooo slow when it comes to acutally *doing* a deal (after Rt12 test drive and detailed specification lists/price discussions!)...

Quote:
    TB993tt said:

my personal experience with Ruf strongly contradict all your whining and then the whining analysis in the posts that followed.I know quite a few others with similar experiences,so there....

Quote:
    hugo said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:

my personal experience with Ruf strongly contradict all your whining and then the whining analysis in the posts that followed.I know quite a few others with similar experiences,so there....

It might be prudent to check whom you are calling a whiner. Both have had bad experiences and unless you are working for Ruf I see no reason for you to defend them, especially in such a derogatory matter.

OMG,more whining...

Quote:
    hugo said:
    OMG,more whining...

Are you actually aware of the translation of "whining"

Quote:
    hugo said:
    OMG,more whining...

You have a great sense of proper conduct.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    hugo said:
    OMG,more whining...

no,i was not translating,are you?

Quote:
    hugo said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    hugo said:
    OMG,more whining...

I was just asking as "whining" does not quite fit in the above context. Wanted to draw your attention to this point

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    hugo said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    hugo said:
    OMG,more whining...

I was just asking as "whining" does not quite fit in the above context. Wanted to draw your attention to this point

Frankfurt 1, Bucharest 0

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

No, I cannot . If a customer were willing to pay 300.000 euros for something I've built, I'd be ecstatic about it (well, unless it cost me 400.000 to build ). I could understand them saying that they are fully backed up and apologizing, but not even responding? That is really weak . Oh well, I guess you'll just have to make due with the GT2 for 1/3 less money .

To MKSGR and his sidekick Crash
    this is where the relevance lies,but it's ok by me if you guys prefer winging,weeping,complaining over not getting a reply they must know something out there in Pffaf...

to MKSGR and CRASH
    I'd rather stop here thx

ok, these last posts where strange but what the heck...

Rami, you are faster as a Carrera GT! I didn't really realised that before, unbelievable.. Now just put on those OZ's and it's finished

Quote:
    hugo said:
    to MKSGR and CRASH
    I'd rather stop here thx

You know, that's actually the first intelligent thing you've said and I actually agree with you.

Of course that's just you trying to put yourself on a higher moral ground, but who cares?

I hope Superman, I mean MKSGR also agrees when he comes back. We shall then weep in unison to celebrate this cheerful event .

Quote:
    Flyer.. said:

Rami, you are faster as a Carrera GT! I didn't really realised that before, unbelievable.. Now just put on those OZ's and it's finished

Much faster than a CGT. Higher top speed as well.

Quote:
    Flyer.. said:

that's right,when i swapped the Ruf 20's with OZ Superleggeras 19's,my Rt12 became notably faster

Quote:
    hugo said:
    Quote:
    Flyer.. said:

that's right,when i swapped the Ruf 20's with OZ Superleggeras 19's,my Rt12 became notably faster

But you mentioned reduced stability .

car is better planted on the road at high speeds with the heavier wheels and straight line better under hard acceleration,differences are minor though compared to the increase in acceleration

Quote:
    hugo said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

To MKSGR and his sidekick Crash
    this is where the relevance lies,but it's ok by me if you guys prefer winging,weeping,complaining over not getting a reply they must know something out there in Pffaf...

P.S.: Just changed this post after reading your apology

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802865 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448449 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265984 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89992 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6468 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885487 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832650 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM