Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Speedster

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:
    Have I told you between Porsche and Manthey, they STILL haven't sort out logistics yet for my race weekend in Hockenheim coming up in less than one month? They still hasn't decide on which hotel we should be staying and didn't even have a booking yet.

That is not very characteristic. I have to tell you that my Exclusive "experience"( if you can call it that) with the GT3 Touring has been shambolic.

And I am not allowing for great expectation next month when I pick up the Exclusive at Zuffenhausen either!

--

What is a 4C?

--

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

nberry:

What is a 4C?

The Alfa Romeo 4C

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I would get one if I had more garage space and time to drive... Best car you can buy for the money today...

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

What is a 4C?

The Alfa Romeo 4C

Thanks. Hmm, I thought Nick had a problem with Alfa.Smiley

--

nberry:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

What is a 4C?

The Alfa Romeo 4C

Thanks. Hmm, I thought Nick had a problem with Alfa.Smiley

Partially correct. I have a problem with every brand regardless! Smiley

--

nberry:
    Leawood911:

As usual those of us who have driven Porsche all our lives and made hard choices to be able to afford it don’t have a chance.  Only boulevard cruisers who buy new cars every couple years need apply.  It is time those who appreciate these cars and drive them daily get a shot. 

Life is unfair only to those that allow it to be unfair.wink

My life is great. You will not hear me complain that Life is not fair.  Even the system Porsche uses to allocate cars is okay by me. I’m all about profit and they won’t see much from me so that’s cool. I was just stating a fact that those of us who know what a 4c is and have driven 911s for almost 40 years would appreciate a GT car a bit more.  Just an opinion. Given how you routinely trade gt cars you seem to illustrate my point quite well. Thank you. 

laughlaugh

--

...looking forward to Goodwood! Smiley

Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    Whoopsy:
    Porsche is jut making variants, different 'models', they Neve said anything one is bette than the other.

Mclaren keep saying the old one is out now that a new one is better.

Yes, but there has always been one rule for McLaren i.e bash them whatever they do, and another for more established brands. BTW have I told you that the 720S is the new R8 on Rennteam SmileySmiley?

Oh god, RC is so gonna ban you for trashing his R8!!!!! Smiley

Smiley Smiley I won't because I know that many haven't even driven it... Smiley My neighbor, that had a McLaren 12C Spider and who ordered a 720 Spider, wanted to get a car to pass the time until his Spider arrives (2020?). He looked at the Huracan, the Huracan Performante, the 570 Spider, the 488 Spider and many other cars. Guess which car he didn't look at, although he always says "wow, I cannot believe how good this thing sounds" and "great quality and that carbon is just beautiful" whenever we meet. Right, the R8. The reason is simple (to him): "It is an Audi, I cannot get an Audi...". No kidding. So if people care more about the brand than the car itself, well... Smiley He isn't the first one who told me that. 

Not me, as you know it, I bash Porsche plenty, as with Ferraris, not just McLaren. And my current favourite brand is AlfaSmiley

But damn do I miss my 4C right now after spending 2 weeks away from home. That will be the first car I drive when I get home! Next will be my Aston. Then the Huracan. 

Have I told you between Porsche and Manthey, they STILL haven't sort out logistics yet for my race weekend in Hockenheim coming up in less than one month? They still hasn't decide on which hotel we should be staying and didn't even have a booking yet.

Porsche lacks a car like the 960. Also, their products have become (almost) too perfect, too sterile and they are not competitive enough in the power department. Sorry to say that. Dozens of 911 variants, I'm just fed up with them. Fantastic cars, no doubt but it is getting boring. The GT2 RS is, for me, an eyewash. It looks nice, aggressive and everything but it is basically a more powerful 991.2 Turbo S in GT3 RS body. 

A nice two door GT a la Mercedes S Coupe? Don't see it either.

Cars like your 4C, your AM and your Huracan excite through some of their imperfections and oddities, they aren't perfect and they are, in a way or another, special. I understand why you like the 4C, it is a wonderful toy.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

The roof line is still too high. And the soft roof line looks hideous.

A real Speedster needs a much shorter front window which stands much more upright. 

The problem with the modern 911 convertible is, that the top bar of the windshield is way too narrow  at your forehead. If I compare the 356 Speedster, the window is so far away and that is what makes it so uber-cool. Same with the 993 Speedster, it still had that windshield which been looking like on the 356. To me it looks like they take the convertible and change the soft top and soft top cover instead of going the way of really reducing the car to a minimum and make a Speedster out of it. 

RC:

Porsche lacks a car like the 960. Also, their products have become (almost) too perfect, too sterile and they are not competitive enough in the power department. Sorry to say that. Dozens of 911 variants, I'm just fed up with them. Fantastic cars, no doubt but it is getting boring. The GT2 RS is, for me, an eyewash. It looks nice, aggressive and everything but it is basically a more powerful 991.2 Turbo S in GT3 RS body. 

Cars like your 4C, your AM and your Huracan excite through some of their imperfections and oddities, they aren't perfect and they are, in a way or another, special. I understand why you like the 4C, it is a wonderful toy.

I've been saying this on here for over 5 years now. You guys have just been slow to catch on Smiley  

ISUK:
    RC:

I've been saying this on here for over 5 years now. You guys have just been slow to catch on Smiley  

Not me...my last Porsche will be gone in October. Smiley You cannot believe how sad this makes me.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    Whoopsy:
    Porsche is jut making variants, different 'models', they Neve said anything one is bette than the other.

Mclaren keep saying the old one is out now that a new one is better.

Yes, but there has always been one rule for McLaren i.e bash them whatever they do, and another for more established brands. BTW have I told you that the 720S is the new R8 on Rennteam SmileySmiley?

Oh god, RC is so gonna ban you for trashing his R8!!!!! Smiley

Smiley Smiley I won't because I know that many haven't even driven it... Smiley My neighbor, that had a McLaren 12C Spider and who ordered a 720 Spider, wanted to get a car to pass the time until his Spider arrives (2020?). He looked at the Huracan, the Huracan Performante, the 570 Spider, the 488 Spider and many other cars. Guess which car he didn't look at, although he always says "wow, I cannot believe how good this thing sounds" and "great quality and that carbon is just beautiful" whenever we meet. Right, the R8. The reason is simple (to him): "It is an Audi, I cannot get an Audi...". No kidding. So if people care more about the brand than the car itself, well... Smiley He isn't the first one who told me that.

Smiley,

Blue Patrol will be on here soon, be careful Smiley....

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I only have imperfect cars, this way I don’t chase the ever evolving perfect one and save tons of money in the process smiley

SciFrog:

I only have imperfect cars, this way I don’t chase the ever evolving perfect one and save tons of money in the process smiley

There is no perfect car but there are new(er) cars and this is my "problem"...I like newer cars (not always but most of the time) and new costs money. Only advantage is: I don't have to pay over MSRP ("vintage" and/or collector's cars) and I get often interesting offers but they still cost me money. Smiley

--

ISUK:
    RC:

And again you are absolutely correct sir! Smiley

--

RC:

Porsche lacks a car like the 960. Also, their products have become (almost) too perfect, too sterile and they are not competitive enough in the power department. Sorry to say that. Dozens of 911 variants, I'm just fed up with them. Fantastic cars, no doubt but it is getting boring. The GT2 RS is, for me, an eyewash. It looks nice, aggressive and everything but it is basically a more powerful 991.2 Turbo S i GT3 RS body. 

--

Lots of 911 variants is not a problem, as we are only buying the special ones.

If you think it is too perfect, then order it in the primitive manual transmission and problem solved.Smiley

I never get bored about 911.  I think they are perfect for any driving use-  to work, dinner, gym, car meets or even the track.  Can park anywhere and nobody will care about it.  Don't think I can do the same with a Ferrari, Lambo or even R8.Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:
    RC:

Porsche lacks a car like the 960. Also, their products have become (almost) too perfect, too sterile and they are not competitive enough in the power department. Sorry to say that. Dozens of 911 variants, I'm just fed up with them. Fantastic cars, no doubt but it is getting boring. The GT2 RS is, for me, an eyewash. It looks nice, aggressive and everything but it is basically a more powerful 991.2 Turbo S i GT3 RS body. 

--

Lots of 911 variants is not a problem, as we are only buying the special ones.

If you think it is too perfect, then order it in the primitive manual transmission and problem solved.Smiley

I never get bored about 911.  I think they are perfect for any driving use-  to work, dinner, gym, car meets or even the track.  Can park anywhere and nobody will care about it.  Don't think I can do the same with a Ferrari, Lambo or even R8.Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

The R8 on road tires could definitely be a very good daily driver but I can't drive to work with it, so a 911 would be the "better" choice for that purpose. This is where the upcoming E63 S fits in, also as a family car. Smiley

I still love the 911 concept but I find it hard to find the proper model for me. The 991.2 GT3 RS is an amazing product but lacks power. The 991.2 GT2 RS is fast but lacks the right tech/engine and AWD. Also, all 911 interiors look the same, GT model or cheapest Carrera, another "issue". Most important, they are almost too refined, too perfect, too sterile, I just miss a certain attraction. 

If I had the money, I would definitely have a 911 in my garage but for now, I have to set priorities.  

--

Porsche 991 Speedster 4.0 on the way...

1526796275376image.jpeg

1526796275380image.jpeg

1526796275369image.jpeg

1526796275385image.jpeg

...to a Goodwood launch! Smiley

Wow! That is brave of them to step away from the usual 911 design angelsmiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:

Wow! That is brave of them to step away from the usual 911 design angelsmiley

You mean you have noticed that the windshied is smaller Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

AFAIK the speedster is a 911 version with a lower windshield and roof line, and that is exactly what this is. It even gets the GT3 engine. Don't see a problem.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

For those interested in the heritage of the 911 Speedster...

...click on image for PDF of article...

Smiley

anyone knows production numbers?  

is this be another impossible to get model like the 911R?

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

derder:

anyone knows production numbers?  

is this be another impossible to get model like the 911R?

1948 examples seems to be a consensus from what has been posted. MT only. Goodwood (July) debut. Given the numbers it should be obtainable, but in a climate of speculative frenzy the selling price, at least in US, may become very unattractive.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

If they offer it only in MT, I will advise my dealer I’m no longer interested in the car. 

--

Speedster is getting announced June 8th.

I already turned down my car.

Between the one I saw inn Geneva and the production one the car lost it's soul and purpose.

They are also making too many. 1948 is a big number, that's more than 911R+918.

For those that wanted one, there will be more than enough to go around, quite a few 918 VIPs are not taking theirs.

--

Whoopsy:

Between the one I saw inn Geneva and the production one the car lost it's soul and purpose.

For those that wanted one, there will be more than enough to go around, quite a few 918 VIPs are not taking theirs.

WHat has changed???

Whoopsy:

Interesting update on the Speedster, thanks Whoopsy! Smiley

Was it the development of the GT2 CS that attracted your order instead? 1527608803154image.gif

Maybe there will be another limited edition GT / RS road-car to pique your interest at the end of the production run...  image.gif

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688576 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408704 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255522 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234786 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65394 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857584 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773378 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM