Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Australian F1 Grand Prix

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Why the ECU is supply by McLaran?

No clue. It surely is a mystery to everyone. McLaren states they don't have any influence / advantages since it'd be a separate company.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Also... if you ask me, the drop of TC and electronic aids is another wrong FIA decision. Electronics are in today's cars to stay. It's stupid to limit F1 use of that. Isn't F1 supposed to be the testbed of the future?

They have to be incorporated in street cars since some drivers' abilities are limited or, in other words, on very different levels.
    F1 has lost its technical leadership role for production cars a long time ago, apart from certain components (BMW engine management, Ferrari F1 gearbox interface) and a somewhat thrilling training camp for enthusiastic employees (Ferrari, BMW, Honda) this is about performance andcompetition. Oh, and business.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:

No clue. It surely is a mystery to everyone. McLaren states they don't have any influence / advantages since it'd be a separate company.

That's a division of the McLaren Group.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080317.019/ferrari-sabotaged-by-mclaren-ecu

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:

That's a division of the McLaren Group.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080317.019/ferrari-sabotaged-by-mclaren-ecu

I'd advise you to take that article with a bag of salt. Apparently WCF's source for the article is some random F1 forum which carries no credibility.

Further more the ECU is manufactured by a company which operates separately from Mclaren's F1 team, not only that but the company has been manufacturing parts for many of the other F1 teams the latest 15 years.

This entire thing is just some hearsay coming from a Ferrari fanboy who's looking for an excuse as to why Kimi and Massa drove like rookies on sunday.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Kimi had already gone from 16th to 8th while still on the 1st lap! He had worked his way up to 3rd behind Kovaleinen. That's when he stopped thinking!

Hamilton wasn't saying that he didn't drive at 100% of his ability. He said that the car didn't have to be pushed to 100% of its ability. He was just indicating that the car still had a little bit of performance left.

standard media talk, nothing to do with anything really.. Give Ferrari a couple of races and they'll be right back in there.. they didn't sleep this winter either

Nick Heidfeld... is the best driver

ok! let enjoy some f1 sideway action>

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doci...h&plindex=0

ok i found the qualifly session ! hope can find the raceday session soon!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doci...h&plindex=1

Quote:
    luwalira said:... Although Kimi won last years championship he is not any better than Alonso or Hamilton. One clear advantage Hamilton has over both of them is that he's blistering fast when it comes to qualifying, he's almost unbeatable at that. Further more he's a very focused driver and the only mistakes I've seen him do are the ones he did at the end of last season when he crumbled under pressure. ...

Please read what you wrote as it makes no sense... you cannot have it both ways.

I agree with you when you say:

"... he's blistering fast when it comes to qualifying, he's almost unbeatable at that. Further more he's a very focused driver..." The rest makes no sense given what you just wrote.

Quote:
    luwalira said:

Sebastian Burdoias has had a great start but I'm afraid we won't see him at the top. Random drivers like him tend usually only sore high points if there's complete chaos on the track.

Sébastien Bourdais has won 31 races in the Champcar and had 4 consecutive titles . A record !

I think we will see a lot more of him, but of course he does not have the car to win any race.

I also think Bourdais is not a 'random driver'. If anything, he was very consistent. Don't forget he is used to drive without electronics. He surely does not have the car to win tough.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:... Although Kimi won last years championship he is not any better than Alonso or Hamilton. One clear advantage Hamilton has over both of them is that he's blistering fast when it comes to qualifying, he's almost unbeatable at that. Further more he's a very focused driver and the only mistakes I've seen him do are the ones he did at the end of last season when he crumbled under pressure. ...

Please read what you wrote as it makes no sense... you cannot have it both ways.

"... he's blistering fast when it comes to qualifying, he's almost unbeatable at that. Further more he's a very focused driver..." The rest makes no sense given what you just wrote.

Can't agree - it makes perfect sense to me...

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:

Can't agree - it makes perfect sense to me...

It also makes sense to me !!

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:... Kimi proved he is wild, erratic and unreliable and the only thing keeping him on the track last season (when he became champ) were all the electronic driver aids. ...

Strongly disagree. KR is the best driver in F1 today, bar none.

easy -

I have been watching F1 for more that 40 years and I must say that your analysis of the drivers after one race is a little too judgemental. While you are entitled to your opinions I must agree with Dr. Phil that the mistakes Kimi made were related to running in the middle of the field most of the race and not due to any inability to deal with lack of electronic nannies. While trying to pass his country mate he clearly was over-optimistic and the other mistake was classic 'tire-on-grass', although sloppy.

Let's wait until the first RAIN race to see who is doing well without electronic aids.
    By the way - I voted for you to get the Conti. GT next - something tells me that's the perfect car for you.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:... Kimi proved he is wild, erratic and unreliable and the only thing keeping him on the track last season (when he became champ) were all the electronic driver aids. ...

Strongly disagree. KR is the best driver in F1 today, bar none.

easy -

I have been watching F1 for more that 40 years and I must say that your analysis of the drivers after one race is a little too judgemental. While you are entitled to your opinions I must agree with Dr. Phil that the mistakes Kimi made were related to running in the middle of the field most of the race and not due to any inability to deal with lack of electronic nannies. While trying to pass his country mate he clearly was over-optimistic and the other mistake was classic 'tire-on-grass', although sloppy.

Let's wait until the first RAIN race to see who is doing well without electronic aids.
    By the way - I voted for you to get the Conti. GT next - something tells me that's the perfect car for you.

Thank you Leawood911! I really need your lessons and advice in life!

I too have been following F1 for more than a few years. I well remember Jim Clark and that gives you an idea...

My assertion of Kimi's performance is not based on this race. It's based on his performance as an F1 driver.

Re the Conti GT... I have no clue of what you are talking about. I do not drive luxo-boats, if that's what you are thinking. My current ride is lighter and faster than most current 911s, if you do not know.

By reply was to easy_rider911 not you - sorry if you felt offended in any way - or if anyone is ever offended. You will note that 'easy' was the heading of my reply - and he recently polled the members as to what type of car to buy next.
    Cheers and please enjoy this board (no advice intended) - we have all been missing our F1 fix, it's been a cold winter.

Leawood911,

That has to be just about the nicest thing you have ever said about Kimi
    Now please quit trying to confuse ADias when he actually agrees with you

Glad_STONE

Yes, I know that was nice of me to say about Kimi but then again it's just business. Still think he could stop the drinking between races but hey -
    Cheers -
    On to the next race _ I see easy has already started the next Issue of F1 weekly

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782126 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442913 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263523 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261960 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86021 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6033 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881700 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819858 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM