Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Malaysian F1 Grand Prix

Well guys, this weekend sees the next race. Will the engines last a second consecutive weekend? All the cars that retired get a free new engine. How much will that prejudice the cars that did finish in Melbourne? We're back to a race track as opposed to a street circuit. How much difference will that make to the rookies? Humidity and heat will be unbearable. Will Ferrari perform how they have been expected to perform? Will Alonso repeat his unexpected 4th place? Will BMW continue to be strong?

It could be a really great race

Re: Malaysian F1 Grand Prix

It could indeed...
    I'm hoping BMW can/will suprise us all!!

I'm looking forward too !!!

If it rains, we are going to see a very accidental GP, its going to be a swimming pool, instead of a race track....

VAMOS FERNANDO !!!!!

Go Kimi! I have full confidence that he will bounce back and take the race. Hamilton will be consistent as usual, so I expect him to take second.

Hamilton will rock it like usual. If Ferrari's reliability is good Kimi might be able to challenge Hamilton. Massa and Heikki will have a tough time battling with the bimmer boys. After what we saw in Australia I don't think that Malaysia will be less dramatic, the intense heat and quick shredding of the tires will without a doubt lead to various drivers making mistakes. An experienced driver like Alonso can easily score points by cruising at the speed of a Renault Clio while the other drivers cancel each other out.

I read from some quality (trash) London papers today that Ferarri isn't too happy with the ECU which is manufactured by a McLaren subsidary. Does anyone know anything more about that?

The last race was great so let's hope we'll see more of the same!

FORZA BMW!!!

Seriously excited to see this race. Indeed right, it's a though hot and humid race, so how will the rookies do? How will Ferrari do? As im sure they have worked HARD this week to fix stuff.. The ECU problem might just be ferrari bitching, i highly doubt McLaren has the balls to fukc with more stuf in F1... IMO they're hanging on a thin line, i dont like them! When is Mercedes finally dropped that corrupt biritsh team to start their OWN Team!! common, toyota, BMW, renault, Ferrari... It's only a matter of time.

That being said my wishful thinking:

1. Kimi
    2. Nick
    3. Mark

cheers oh and for those who don't have TVs and are poor students: channelsurfing.net will help quite nicely, they air live online

GENTLEMENT START YOUR ENGINES,

cheers

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    cheers oh and for those who don't have TVs and are poor students: channelsurfing.net will help quite nicely, they air live online

Those poor students will be at a pub watching it live.

anyone in uk side !? can watch live pratice online now!

http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoLive.aspx

somethings wrong with kimi's car again!

David Coulthard just crash his car!

Go LEWIS!

My prediction for top three is;

1. Lewis
    2. Kimi
    3. Rosberg

By heart I am a Ferrari fan but I would like Lewis to bring a smile back on Ron's face ! (shame that it all went wrong at the 11th hr)

Cheers,

Mark
    PS, indeed ITV qualifying or race footage cannot be seen outside the UK

What is peoples experience with channelsurfing.net. Are they really the answer to people not being able to watch F1 qualifying on the TV at home? It's only small amount to pay, but what is the catch? How does it work, any recommendations?

Cheers,

Mark

weather forecast for the race?

I expect Ferrari to have sorted out the issues they had last weekend. They will podium but not win.

McLaren will be strong and win.

BMW will be a podium.

RedBull will pick up 4th place.

The most interesting battle will be between Renault, Toyota, and Williams.

Quote:
    Heist said:
    I expect Ferrari to have sorted out the issues they had last weekend. They will podium but not win.

McLaren will be strong and win.

BMW will be a podium.

RedBull will pick up 4th place.

The most interesting battle will be between Renault, Toyota, and Williams.

Heist, the perfect post and fingers crossed your prediction stands !!!!

Massa on pole, Raikko 2nd. Let's hope the first race was an exception. Somehow I feel this is not the case tough.
    My prediction:
    1. Raikko 2. Hamilton. 3. Massa

Ferrari were very impressive to get the front row of the grid. I think they are carrying a bit less fuel than the 2 McLarens. I expected Honda might do a little better in Qualification.

It's clear Hamilton is unhappy with his car set up in Q3. I don't expect him to win unless something really unexpected happens. I expect the 2 Ferraris to disappear in the distance in the first stint and they will build up enough of a lead before the first pit stop that they will not feel threatened after that.

Ferrari got it locked at the front, they were significantly faster than everyone else, must be riding light this week. Conditions on the track looked terrible warm and humid. Hopefully Mclaren will bounce back with a one stopper fuel strategy fro Hamilton.

nice pics

KOVALAINEN AND HAMILTON WILL LOOSE 5 PLACES

How strange FIA decided this, I'm absolutely surprised and happy

Tomorrow its going to be a war not a race

Nice pics, great to see Ferrari is coming back to 1st and 2nd place to start!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

why they decided to back H and K five positions?

Was not their fault in my opinion. Problem is the rules are not clear about what to do after your Q3 time is ended..

Quote:
    R_S_R said:
    why they decided to back H and K five positions?

Was not their fault in my opinion. Problem is the rules are not clear about what to do after your Q3 time is ended..

They were basically punished because they were in the way hindering Alonso and Heidfeld. Yeah, the rules are very unclear as to what speed ones needs to cruise at after Q3. This is one of the drawbacks of the new shorter Q3. Traffic is incredibly dense since everybody it out at the same time, even Hamilton complained about traffic.

They clearly blocked Heidfeld (not so sure about Alonso). Why were they on the racing line? I can't understand it. Everyone else was off it, including the Ferraris that Heidfeld also past but without affecting his lap.

As for Ferrari's strategy, my feeling is that they are a bit lighter, with Massa very light. The reason for this is because Ferrari's are very quick in Malaysia in race pace, always have been. However they (like last year) are struggling to get the front tyres to bite on single laps. So they had to make sure that they qualify 1-2, bolt away from the field with their superior race pace, and build up a large enough lead to enable them to come into the pit without losing too much. The alternative scenario would have been for them to fuel up to the same amount as everyone else, qualify third to sixth, then gets stuck behind slower cars eventhough they would have the faster race car. It's a no brainer for them. (or at least this is what I think they are doing).

fXXking itv commercial break!? "Pounds$%Pounds%

Poor heidfeld got in touch with trulli cause his buddy who got second ran the turn wide.. hamilton probs as well as to button, trulli and Ferrari + BMW

It's great to see Toyota and BMW on par with McLaren!!

Massa needs to step it up now... can't have this happening!

the R28 needs so much improvement !!!

Massa needs to take a break !

Kimi needs some latin character, lol

I'm happy for Kubica he did a great job, BMW is just as good as Mclaren...

Trulli was also one of the winners today, I never thought he was going to maintain his gap vs Hamilton, he did a great job with his toyota..

Renault's R28, needs to improve so much, Alonso's first curve was a disaster, that's what I call a drift ! , I LOVED WHEN ALONSO AND HEIDFIELD passed Webber, it was amazing, just like historic moment between M.Schumacher and M.Häkinnen ...

I hope Renault improves for the next GP's, they need to get an overral finish position of 5th-6th at least......

And what happened to Bourdais???, I was expecting him at least in the top 10, and Rosberg????, wtf happened???

ALONSO 2009 TO FERRARI!!!!!, ITS TIME !!!!!!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802463 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448319 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265877 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89882 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6354 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885245 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831699 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM