Forum - Thread

Re: F430 presentation

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Quote:
    Bad TT said:
    Well this is the only part of my car most Ferrari drivers
    will ever see...get accustomed to it!

Ah well BadTT, you said that before. Getting old?
    I think neither Gallardo, nor F430, nor 997TT can show their a$$es to eachother, they are (or will be) too close.

Even the 996 X50 is as fast as the other two. Surely, the 997 TT will be quicker...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    rossi said:
    nor 997TT

rossi, I know something you don't know...

That's why I'm on my dealer's 997TT waiting list .Thanks for the " info ", RC!

Quote:
    Mako88 said:
    Quote:
    rossi said:
    Ferrari being conservative concerning their acceleration numbers? I think they are often too optimistic regarding these figures, also weight figures.
    In real I think Gallardo and F430 will be very close perfomancewise.

Very true. Ferrari is still claiming that the Enzo can turn an 11.0 second 1/4 mile when no magazine, no tester, no one at all, has gotten it down that low.

I agree that they should be nearly identical, with a small nod to the F430 in straightline acceleration thanks to a 250 pound weight advantage over the G. We'll see though, the G has more torque. Close.

Dude, do some research....Road & Track, 11.1....Car and Driver 11.2....damn close if you ask me.....

Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    Dude, do some research....Road & Track, 11.1....Car and Driver 11.2....damn close if you ask me.....

Uh-huh. And both the R/T and C/D times were recorded on the front straight of Ferrari's test track, Fiorano, which Car and Driver said was not level (slight downhill) and not long enough for a true run. Those figures are estimates.

Here you go junior, scroll to the bottom and read the little cute part called "Those Tricky Numbers":

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6734&page_number=2

You done following me around the site and replying to every single post I make with nonsesne inaccuracies yet Camaro boy? Everytime you pop up, I drop the hammer on you with actual weblinks. Now hush and let the adults talk as I told you yesterday.

Shhhhh.

Quote:
    Mako88 said:
    Quote:
    BluCamSS said:

Uh-huh. And both the R/T and C/D times were recorded on the front straight of Ferrari's test track, Fiorano, which Car and Driver said was not level (slight downhill) and not long enough for a true run. Those figures are estimates.

Here you go junior, scroll to the bottom and read the little cute part called "Those Tricky Numbers":

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6734&page_number=2

You done following me around the site and replying to every single post I make with nonsesne inaccuracies yet Camaro boy? Everytime you pop up, I drop the hammer on you with actual weblinks. Now hush and let the adults talk as I told you yesterday.

Shhhhh.

You need to realize I post back to you cause all you say is garbage....
    The Road and Track test was done at Sacramento Drag Strip.......Thats in California incase
    you don't know where that is..........and as for your "adult" comment, lets read your posts and mine and see whose are more mature. I say nothing bad about you, but you seem to have grown AOL muscles....you need a life.......maybe you need a women.....cause you take things to seriously kid.

Quote:
    Mako88 said:
    Quote:
    BluCamSS said:It's a 4.3 liter V8. And Ferrari is saying 0-62 in 4.0 sec, so 0-60 should be 3.8/9 sec according to Ferrari who are always conserative, I'm thinking 3.7 sec or so easy....the CS does it in 4.2 sec as it is.

And I have never seen a Gallardo test better then 4.1/and mid 12's.......so the F430 will easily beat it....
    Not to mention it has RWD, not that damed AWD.... :-)

Then I guess you missed the R/T piece on the Gallardo that has it at 12.3 @ 117mph?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/2272004172749.pdf

Or perhaps the Car and Driver piece on the Gallardo that had it at 12.4 @ 118mph?

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=7699&page_number=5

And what's the 0-150MPH figure for the Gallardo on that Car and Driver test report page say?

Uh-huh, and what 0-150MPH figure did the software predict for the 430 above in my original post?

Uh-huh.

Thanks for the expert analysis and commentary that evidently comes from a lack of any real world experience with the cars or an ability to interpret test figures.

For the rest of the crowd it looks like Ferrari achieved their goal, and can match the Gallardo stride for stride, even beyond 100MPH where the Lambo's V10 tends to widen the gap between itself and the competition.

Dude I guess once agian you can't read I said MID 12's.....what did you write? MID 12's........
    I have seen a bunch of 12.9 and 13.0 and 13.1 for that car which sucks for "500 bhp"......
    So before you post back tring to say I am wrong try reading what I said first....

I never have seen anyonce so biased towards a car, does Lambo pay you? Or maybe Audi?
    You need to see things from other perspectives.

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mako88 said:
    The Gallardo's rear end is fine, only F-car fanboys object to it. No car show or event I've been to, not ONE, has the normal sportscar fan had anything to say negative about it. Only the F-car loyalists perpetuate that there's something wrong with it. The Gallardo's rear end is fine.

Well my dear L-car fanboy, you are talking a lot of BS now.
    Perhaps YOU have been to the wrong car shows, but I can tell you I wasn't the only one who was disappointed about the rear of the Gallardo. I heard that opinion at several occasions from different people, even from L-officials (!) in Geneva.
    But I never said the Gallardo isn't a good car - read my posts and you will see and stop talking nonsense. It may not me the right car for me out of several reasons but that's personal taste.

Quote:
    This is where you lost me, and likely the rest of the group. Lets just say that the 430 certainly is not going to be cheaper than the Gallardo, and agree to disagree. It's not worth the typing to explain that not only will it likely be more expensive than the G on the street (not MSRP as F-car fanboys love to quote. No such thing as a Ferrari at MSRP unless your name is on the Enzo short list) it will be far more expensive.

Mako88, on which planet are you living on? Perhaps what you're talking about applies to the US but certainly not here in Europe. Let alone the Enzo, I can get a Ferrari for MSRP at any time, even without having printed "Enzo" in my passport.

Quote:
    Rossi, as evidenced by your Jeremy Clarkson oh-so-tired and unoriginal quote in the sig (not insulting you here, Clarkson is a clown) you're clearly an F-car fan. They can probably do no wrong in your book, and you actually "like" the orca-whale-lizard-eye'd 612 as well. If that's the case, there's no debating with you. I'm Italian, I know how deep the Tifosi loyalties can blind people.

Yes, I'm a fan of Ferrari (not very difficult to find out) but I'm also quite critical.
    Saying this, yes, I think the 612 looks better in person than on pictures, but it is far from being beautiful (the most beautiful 2+2 from Ferrari was the 456 IMO).
    I also have some complaints about the much appreciated 360 design. I think it takes time to get used to the double air intake and the rear is too high and not aggressive enough, not as good as the all-time-great 355, one of Ferrari's best designs ever.
    The styling of the 575 is surely elegant and timeless, but perhaps it's a bit too elegant for a Ferrari GT.
    I even have some complaints about the Enzo. The rear works out fine, but I don't like that F1-style nose as it is good for nothing and doesn't even look good (like SLR).
    BTW - I'm also a great fan of Britsh humour and Great Britain - so that and only that is the only reason for my signature.

Quote:
    For me, the 430 is a great car, it has the makings of another strong chapter in Ferrari lore from a performance and technical standpoint. But it's ugly, and much like the 355 to 360 change, in which people far prefer the look of the 355 in polls, people will wind up far preferring the 360 to the 430 in terms of looks.

That's not progress to me and I'm tired of it. L-cars have gotten better looking over the past six years, not worse. The Murci looks better than a 6.0, which looks better than an SV, etc. Same could be said about the Gallardo, which many L-car owners actually prefer in terms of design to the Murci.

Can't say the same for Ferrari, they're all about volume and not offending anyone with their most recent designs, with the exception of the Enzo. The Enzo showed that when it comes to a car not critical for Ferrari's financial survival, they have some balls. But on their volume build-10,000-of-them 430, they went nice and safe, much safer than the Gallardo for instance.

I miss the old Ferrari.

I'm also fan of the older Ferrari as you see, but different to you I prefer the design of the Murcielago over that of the Gallardo as M has the right amount of aggressiveness, whereas G looks too bland from some angles.
    You see, perhaps we are not that far away in our opinions about cars and car design, but then to each his own, right? As I said before. So stop calling me a F-car fanboy, okay?

Best
    rossi

Well put man......I have no issues with "haters" it's all how you go about it, and this guys points of views and comments are something I expect from a child.....agian well said.....

not to be traditional, but this rear end is better than the enzo/mexico 430 photo

Quote:
    watt said:
    not to be traditional, but this rear end is better than the enzo/mexico 430 photo

I agree, and I've never been a fan of the 360. The 430's rear doesn't match the rest of the car.

Camaro boy: I've placed you on "virtual ignore". I refuse to play any longer with someone who has never driven, or owned, at least a 360-level sportscar, or anything above a $12k Chevy for that matter, yet runs their gums about what a Gallardo "can" and "cannot" do because he "read it in a magazine". LOL

When you manage to scrape together enough pennies to buy a Ferrari, or Porsche, or any other exotic when you're 80 years old, if ever, then you and I can have nice long talks and romantic walks on the beach. Until that point I have nothing to gain from engaging you. Good luck.

Rossi: Any word from your F430 source on what the "sport exhaust" option is? I'm curious if that's a Tubi unit or something the factory has whipped up on their own. Also wondering how it complies with Euro dB restrictions.

Quote:
    Mako88 said:

Camaro boy: I've placed you on "virtual ignore". I refuse to play any longer with someone who has never driven, or owned, at least a 360-level sportscar, or anything above a $12k Chevy for that matter, yet runs their gums about what a Gallardo "can" and "cannot" do because he "read it in a magazine". LOL

When you manage to scrape together enough pennies to buy a Ferrari, or Porsche, or any other exotic when you're 80 years old, if ever, then you and I can have nice long talks and romantic walks on the beach. Until that point I have nothing to gain from engaging you. Good luck.

Wow what a immature baby. Kid you have a lot of growing up to do. The Camaro is ONE of my cars (and its a show car) and bikes that I own, I have a great job, and a house not that I have to tell you that. I don't come on here and act like a idiot like you. Your just some 13 year old computer loser who has no life.......all you do is infect a great message board with you immatue antics........

Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    Quote:
    Mako88 said:

Wow what a immature baby. Kid you have a lot of growing up to do. The Camaro is ONE of my cars (and its a show car) and bikes that I own, I have a great job, and a house not that I have to tell you that. I don't come on here and act like a idiot like you. Your just some 13 year old computer loser who has no life.......all you do is infect a great message board with you immatue antics........

guys,

take this crap to rennlist... rennteam is not for this

Rossi: One more Q for your friend if you get the chance to ask, are the carbon ceramic brakes a second generation type product, or are they identical to the 360CS system?

Watt: Agreed, which is why I said I have no intention of replying to this teeny bopper again. Back to business as usual, nothing to see here folks.

Well said.

We're adults and let's act like it. If this caries on, I'm afraid we'll take come measures. End of story, thank you gents.

In Antwort auf:
    watt said:

Hmm, quite traditional.

In Antwort auf:
    Mako88 said:
    Rossi: Any word from your F430 source on what the "sport exhaust" option is? I'm curious if that's a Tubi unit or something the factory has whipped up on their own. Also wondering how it complies with Euro dB restrictions.

As far as I know, Ferrari does his own sports exhaust now, as they already do as an option for the current Modena (=CS exhaust) and for 575 Handling GTC. I don't know if it's produced by Tubi.
    BTW, who is producing the standard exhaust, Ferrari or some other manufacturer?

In Antwort auf:
    Mako88 said:
    Rossi: One more Q for your friend if you get the chance to ask, are the carbon ceramic brakes a second generation type product, or are they identical to the 360CS system?

Watt: Agreed, which is why I said I have no intention of replying to this teeny bopper again. Back to business as usual, nothing to see here folks.

@Mako: I see what I can find out. Does anybody know, if the brakes of the CS and the 575 GTC are the same? If so I would assume the F430 will have the same as CS or 575 GTC.

In Antwort auf:
    Mako88 said:
    Rossi, nice details on the F430. With specs like that it's clear that 360CS owners just got a nice hard kick in their a$$ from the factory, particularly CS owners that just took delivery within the last six months. They must feel great right about now.

Well, not so sure about that. F360/F430 and Challenge Stradale are different type of cars, don't you think?

In Antwort auf:
    RC said:
    In Antwort auf:
    rossi said:
    nor 997TT

how about telling me?

In Antwort auf:
    brunner said:
    Rossi, swap the 997TT for 996TT, and we have a deal

Deal.

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    rossi said:
    nor 997TT

how about telling me?

and also to me??

Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    Quote:
    Mako88 said:

Actually you are VERY wrong about Mako I've met him he has driven my Gallardo. He is just a very enthusiastic young man
    (probably late 20=s early 30=s). He is a successful cleancut business type.

Re: F430 specs

Quote:
    ...saying "I love mum"

no, of course it says "rennteam forever" in kanji !

Quote:
    Bad TT said:
    Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    Quote:
    Mako88 said:

Actually you are VERY wrong about Mako I've met him he has driven my Gallardo. He is just a very enthusiastic young man

I seems to call everyone he disagrees with "clown's". Is he in the circus business?

Particularly galling is his assertion that the owner of Orange County and San Diego Ferrari told him that he will be selling the new F430 at a premium over MSRP. I know the owner and he would never say anything like that. Ferrari policies regarding MSRP are very clear.

Does he own a car and if so what type?

Could we maybe just, uh, stop that s#it? I don't see there is any more reason to discuss it - no matter who started the flaming! Have a nice weekend, folks!

So, any more news (or pictures) about the 430...?

I hear some rumours about increasing Murcielago's hp output? Anybody knowledge about that topic?

Greetings!

Re: Well said.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    We're adults and let's act like it. If this caries on, I'm afraid we'll take come measures. End of story, thank you gents.

I'm done with that baby, I went back and read a bunch of his posts. 75% of them are garbage, all he does is complain.

Hell I even recieved 3 PM's from members about him........

Whatever, back to the topic.......

Quote:
    rossi said:Well, not so sure about that. F360/F430 and Challenge Stradale are different type of cars, don't you think?

Absolutely, but you and I know that 95% of both car's owners will never see any track time. So for those people the 430 would have been a far better choice considering how improved it is in every way (besides looks, lol) to the 360CS.

Thanks Rossi for the info research, let me know if you hear anything on brakes.

Quote:
    Bad TT said:Actually you are VERY wrong about Mako I've met him he has driven my Gallardo. He is just a very enthusiastic young man

Wayne you're killing my a$$hole reputation, stop stop stop! Thanks for the kind words buddy.

Quote:
    nberry said:Particularly galling is his assertion that the owner of Orange County and San Diego Ferrari told him that he will be selling the new F430 at a premium over MSRP. I know the owner and he would never say anything like that. Ferrari policies regarding MSRP are very clear.

Particularly galling? Are you for real? I relayed the story exactly as it happened nberry, word for word. Aren't you suspended in the P-car forums of this very site because of your wonderful posts? You talking to me is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Interestingly enough, I see Wayne that you just had an almost identical scenario happen to you this week as well, was if Ferrari of OC or SD? Your story on F-chat is almost exact to the letter what they told me. No entry-level V8 Ferrari is worth a $25k+ premium and a five year wait. Sorry folks, I don't wear Ferrari underoos and sleep in Ferrari F1 bedsheets.

For Wayne's experience inquiring on the 430 in SoCal, read the following:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25299

Quote:
    Ferdie said:I hear some rumours about increasing Murcielago's hp output? Anybody knowledge about that topic?

Yes, the intro of the Murcielago GT will likely take place early in the January/Feb major car show cycle of 2006. The launch and delivery of the Gallardo ragtop is a higher priority for the factory as they continue to accelerate to a production rate of 4,000 cars per year. They have confirmed though that AWD will be retained in the future GT versions of both the Gallardo and the Murci.

A Murci with say 50 - 75 more HP, and possibly a few pounds less in weight, would provide acceleration figures that match a CGT's to 300Kph (roughly 31 - 32 seconds) so it's something to look forward to. Same goes for the Gallardo, can't imagine that car with another 75HP and some weight loss, it would be a category killer as the Ford GT appears to be.

What are the chances of Ferrari giving us a peak of the F430 at Monterey? Is it way too early?

I don't expect a Gallardo to have 75hp and less weight ever. As far as I know they plan to make a little hp improvement when the Audi LeMans quattro debuts - if this will happen.

In Antwort auf:
    Ferdie said:
    I don't expect a Gallardo to have 75hp and less weight ever. As far as I know they plan to make a little hp improvement when the Audi LeMans quattro debuts - if this will happen.

At least they could easily pump out some extra horses with their biturbo technology, whilst Ferrari with their N/A V8 is operating at the limit...

Quote:
    Ferdie said:

Yeah I agree, that would make it have basically the same as the Murci, not gonna happen....
    And even if it lost weight, it's still a heavy car, to heavy for a sports car IMO.
    That Audi car would make no sense, why compete against themselves?
    The concept is ugly anyway though.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688410 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408648 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255492 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234739 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65363 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857526 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773269 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM