Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017)

Gnil:

The car that's above the rumoured cars, well they are still deciding, but judging from their reactions, it is going into production, they still need to figure out how to do the induction system though. Right now it is like a Frankenstein, with GT parts stolen from other lines.

And then this would be the GT4 RS ????

Hm, I was thinking 960...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Very beautiful details indeed Smiley Exterior color looks great on these pictures as well Smiley

I thought they would also do a cabriolet version for the US - but it seems they changed their mind Smiley

Whoopsy:

The other non road legal car, it will be very competitive with whatever AMG and McLaren is doing, They also standardized stuff with the Cup car so it will be a even easier race are to maintain.

Would be great if Porsche could focus on road legal cars that can be competitive with McLaren... Non-road legal is nice but not what we need...

MKSGR:

Would be great if Porsche could focus on road legal cars that can be competitive with McLaren... Non-road legal is nice but not what we need...

+1

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Whoopsy:

There is so much they showed us in Weissach, I could write a book for the afternoon tour.

Mission E vs Tesla Model S. Think Mercedes S class vs a Corolla. Model S is done. Period.

Their special non-road legal car that was on Youtube, I already placed an order direct with them. 

The other non road legal car, it will be very competitive with whatever AMG and McLaren is doing, They also standardized stuff with the Cup car so it will be a even easier race are to maintain.

The unobtainable, I ma so gonna sell one of my existing Porsche for it.

The other cars that was rumoured, it is what it is been rumour at.

The car that's above the rumoured cars, well they are still deciding, but judging from their reactions, it is going into production, they still need to figure out how to do the induction system though. Right now it is like a Frankenstein, with GT parts stolen from other lines.

I would like to formally nominate Whoopsy's message as Rennteam post of the month! Smiley

An attempt at a summary based on the knowledge shared on Reenteam...

• Porsche Mission E will set the new benchmark (and may take sales from T€$L@)
    • Porsche 911 GT2 RS Club Sport (track-day special) is on the way
    • Porsche 911 Speedster limited edition on the way (Goodwood)
    • Porsche Cayman GT4 / RS 4.0 confirmed on the way
    • Porsche GT3 R keeping naturally aspirated flat-six
    • Porsche 960 mid-engined coupe on the way...
    • Porsche next hypercar is under development...
    • Porsche 911 RSR mid-engined road car... under consideration? 

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I saw some of the cars muted By Whoopsy testing in Portugal and that non-road legal car will be a riot

That thing was bloody fast.

Whoopsy:

There is so much they showed us in Weissach, I could write a book for the afternoon tour.

Mission E vs Tesla Model S. Think Mercedes S class vs a Corolla. Model S is done. Period.

Their special non-road legal car that was on Youtube, I already placed an order direct with them. 

Great stuff - thanks so much. Smiley

That info is enough for many sleepless nights...Smiley

Enjoy your stay at Germany.

Blueflame

Beautiful details; both SE and future product.  

Thank you for the insight Nick. If it is game over for Tesla S vs Mission E is is also game over for all the Panameras...

Well, we still don't actually know how much the Mission E will be. I have a hard to believing anyone will get a Mission E for under $100K.

Joost:
    Gnil:

960 is dead.

--

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley I am very excited about finding out more about this car . Probably ,  the ultimate week end track toy .

And you will need some serious skills to try and tame it.

humm, which one is this ? 

The one without the top.

This is the speedster or maybe the GT4 with NA ( ??? ) engine ???

2 has a 7k redline, 1 has a 9k

--

How about this for breaking in the car around Baden Baden in the Black Forest.

Drove to Bugatti in the morning to visit the factory too. 

Bugatti make one of the most bespoke cars, but they gathered around the Turbo S Exclusive and ignored the GT2RS or the 918.

Same thing at Weissach, everyone just want a piece of the Exclusive.

In front of the Museum, people don't even see the GT2RS or the CGT or the 918. 

IMG_8347.JPG

--

the level of detail on this car is great and few options are truly unique like the carbon fiber with the yellow in it and these stripes everywhere in the car. the rest is doable through exclusive for any car through CXX program when they have time, capacity and you have money to throw smiley

of course, we let apart the gorgeous protected color and the wheels.Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

More then for a Cup ? 

The one without the top.

Of course .... GT3 is gone then 

Like it was guessed on RT , then .

Bad news for the 960 , don't understand the logic  Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

More then for a Cup ? YES. Cup car will be a pussycat.

The one without the top.

Of course .... GT3 is gone then 

Like it was guessed on RT , then .

Bad news for the 960 , don't understand the logic  Smiley That one that cannot be confirm or denied will be a great sport car, compact and can handles. No need to chase the stupid HP war.

--

Whoopsy:
    Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley I am very excited about finding out more about this car . Probably ,  the ultimate week end track toy .

The one without the top.

This is the speedster or maybe the GT4 with NA ( ??? ) engine ???

So... I'll take a guess:

Speedster 9K, GT4 and Boxster Spyder 7K (so turbo)?

Why do people love turbos? 

--

Whoopsy:
    Joost:
    Gnil:

960 is dead.

So sorry to hear this.

Whoopsy, did you hear any comments about particulate filters? Smiley

Thanks for your feedback! Smiley

IMO the Alpine is too expensive for what it is. That Renault kept the weight so low is very commendable in our age of fat cars, but it cannot be the only criterion to pay next to 60.000 for a Renault.

I would prefer a BMW M2 as a small performance DD at roughly this price, with its practicality as an added bonus.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Whoopsy:

Come on... It's a nice car, but rendering a 918 or CGT invisible... Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

reginos:

IMO the Alpine is too expensive for what it is. That Renault kept the weight so low is very commendable in our age of fat cars, but it cannot be the only criterion to pay next to 60.000 for a Renault.

I would prefer a BMW M2 as a small performance DD at roughly this price, with its practicality as an added bonus.

Maybe this should of been posted in the Alpine thread , looks  like forced OT Smiley

The Alpine is 58'500 and that includes nearly all options . Add maybe 2 or 3 k max if you want all what is available .

The M2 is 68'500 , and we know that you will have to add for around 10k of options to make it nice 

The Golf R for example is 46'000  , and there also you can add nearly 10k of options and you end up with '' just a Golf ''

I agree the Alpine is a bit pricey but nearly every part has been built specially for this car with lots of thought in it . Rims are forged, real carbon parts here and there in the inside , aluminium Brembo brakes , light glass windows  etc.... This car weights 1100 kg , and I would now be willing to pay for lightness versus HP and weight . Also the car is supposed to stay a small production car  . 

--

Whoopsy:
    Joost:
    Gnil:

960 is dead.

Yep...for now. Apparently they think Lamborghini and Audi can do a better job in selling those...dumb mistake in my opinion. They will loose customers to Lambo and Audi (if they keep the R8 alive)...oh wait...these are VW Group companies as well. Smiley

I get Porsche's strategy but I don't think this is going to work forever. Meanwhile McLaren (and maybe others?) will slowly take away customers. 

Yes, the GT models are in extremely high demand, I get while a 960 doesn't make sense from a selling point of view but it is embarrassing for a company like Porsche not to have a 960, sorry to say that.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Porker:
    Whoopsy:

Come on... It's a nice car, but rendering a 918 or CGT invisible... Smiley

The thing is...it may "fool" people who are not really into cars, it looks special, the color and everything but rendering a 918 or CGT invisible? Maybe for ten minutes or so. Smiley My E63 attracts a lot of attention right now but this is because of the color and because people don't see many E class Mercedes in this "outfit". I would never imply this car attracts more attention than a 918 or CGT, unless someone is really really into AMG Mercedes cars. Smiley

Everything "out of the ordinary" attracts attention but once people realize what it is, well...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Yep...for now. Apparently they think Lamborghini and Audi can do a better job in selling those...dumb mistake in my opinion. They will loose customers to Lambo and Audi (if they keep the R8 alive)...oh wait...these are VW Group companies as wellSmiley

--

Right now people racing with Cup's are actually also getting fed up with Porsche . Price increases are huge , quality is getting poorer . Not a nice atmosphere right now . They all blame VW 

If 960 is dropped but replaced by a small , nimble, light , great handling , fun car, it could then be a good decision . As Whoops said, HP was is over . There no more point making cars faster and more powerful at the detriment of emotions . One can not drive them anyway on public roads and soon they will even become too fast for track .  A car that can be enjoyed on the road makes sense .  
    --

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    Joost:
    Gnil:

960 is dead.

Yep...for now. Apparently they think Lamborghini and Audi can do a better job in selling those...dumb mistake in my opinion. They will loose customers to Lambo and Audi (if they keep the R8 alive)...oh wait...these are VW Group companies as well. Smiley

I get Porsche's strategy but I don't think this is going to work forever. Meanwhile McLaren (and maybe others?) will slowly take away customers. 

Yes, the GT models are in extremely high demand, I get while a 960 doesn't make sense from a selling point of view but it is embarrassing for a company like Porsche not to have a 960, sorry to say that.
    --

+1 

Gnil:
    RC:
    Yep...for now. Apparently they think Lamborghini and Audi can do a better job in selling those...dumb mistake in my opinion. They will loose customers to Lambo and Audi (if they keep the R8 alive)...oh wait...these are VW Group companies as wellSmiley

--

Right now people racing with Cup's are actually also getting fed up with Porsche . Price increases are huge , quality is getting poorer . Not a nice atmosphere right now . They all blame VW 

If 960 is dropped but replaced by a small , nimble, light , great handling , fun car, it could then be a good decision . As Whoops said, HP was is over . There no more point making cars faster and more powerful at the detriment of emotions . One can not drive them anyway on public roads and soon they will even become too fast for track .  A car that can be enjoyed on the road makes sense .  
    --

Such cars cannot happen anymore and you know that. Smiley

A 960 would have been a necessary paradigm change but Porsche apparently thinks that selling tons of GT models and their benchmark top model 911 Turbo S will keep them alive. Smiley

OK, maybe it is not entirely Porsche's fault, they need to follow VW Group "guidelines" and strategy but it makes me sad.

--

RC:
    Gnil:
    If 960 is dropped but replaced by a small , nimble, light , great handling , fun car, it could then be a good decision

Such cars cannot happen anymore and you know that. Smiley

Renault  did it with the Alpine . 1100 kg . All the comfort needed as a DD sportscar 

--

Gnil:
    reginos:

Maybe this should of been posted in the Alpine thread , looks  like forced OT Smiley

The Alpine is 58'500 and that includes nearly all options . Add maybe 2 or 3 k max if you want all what is available .

The M2 is 68'500 , and we know that you will have to add for around 10k of options to make it nice 

The Golf R for example is 46'000  , and there also you can add nearly 10k of options and you end up with '' just a Golf ''

I agree the Alpine is a bit pricey but nearly every part has been built specially for this car with lots of thought in it . Rims are forged, real carbon parts here and there in the inside , aluminium Brembo brakes , light glass windows  etc.... This car weights 1100 kg , and I would now be willing to pay for lightness versus HP and weight . Also the car is supposed to stay a small production car  . 

Oooops Smiley

I was looking for my post in the Alpine thread. I don't know how it ended up here!

I looked at the UK market (right hand steering cars like ours) and the M2 starts from just below £50.000 for DCT model and the Alpine is expected to be priced at around £50.000 when it arrives in July. So it boils down to the optional extras someone chooses.

I would never consider a 4 cylinder Cayman and more so a Golf/Audi at this price range.

IMO the choice is between the novelty and innovation of the Alpine and the completeness and practicality of the BMW.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804089 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448746 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266368 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90171 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6761 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886093 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834537 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM