Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Thanks for sharing Pilot !! 

Carrying Sydney on its back...

My daughter took this shot of a 747 taxiing on the ramp while carrying a heavy load ;-)

@Joost: I'm sure that if you visited Sydney you would get hooked too. indecision

@Enmanuel: Glad to do it :)

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

It's not so easy to get these big birds nicely in frame, so great pic! (As usual)
    Australia is pretty high on my wishlist. Just looking for a good excuse and travel partner.
    Well, I have a lot of good friends who used to work for Boeing Australia and will be moving back to Australia in the coming time, so maybe I should go pay them a visit!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

On the Sydney theme, Porsche Rennsport Australia Motor Racing Festival is on April 30 and May 1. All of those who have said Sydney is on their bucket list should come!!

http://www.porsche.com/australia/motorsportandevents/motorsport/customerracing/motorracingfestival/

This treasure will be there amongst others. No, sadly not my car!

http://autohaushamilton.com.au/news/autohaus-hamilton-3.8-rsr

DJM

--

Is it true that QANTAS stands for...

'Queers And Nymphomaniacs Travelling As Stewards'...?  angry frown indecision

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

Is it true that QANTAS stands for...

'Queers And Nymphomaniacs Travelling As Stewards'...?  angry frown indecision

Sounds like a fun flight Smiley

Celebrating Valentine's in Australia...

...was a first for us and while it was unusual that it was during summer it was quite nice. smiley

@Joost: Yes, definitely pay them a visit. I'm sure you won't regret it!

@DJM48: Sounds like a lot of fun! kiss

@John: I wouldn't know...indecision

By the way, I'm back to flying and it feels like I never left. angryindecision

--

kiss kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

The A380-800 on Final Approach

A friend of mine just forwarded me his photos of the QANTAS Airbus while on short final for landing at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Awesome, aren't they? kiss

--

A good photo - particularly as it captures another Qantas A380 in the background.

Below is a good story for the aeroplane junkies. I include myself in that group as I was one of the many thousands who got up early to go and watch.

http://australianaviation.com.au/2015/03/vh-oja-touches-down-at-illawarra-airport/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KQm05om2no

--

I remember seeing this video a while back-- still as cool now as then! It must have been awesome to actually be there and witness it, especially given this particular plane's history. Thanks so much for sharing! kiss

--

Thanks Pilot for sharing . Your posts are very refreshing and so pleasant to the eyes kiss

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Some Voodoo Magic...smiley

We had a great time yesterday at the Grand Prix of Long Beach / Porsche Motor Sport event hosted by Circle Porsche! The RS cars had an amazing presence and every one of you that owns one is a lucky bastard. kiss

The food, the drinks, the people, and the DJ's music made for a suburb evening experience for me and my two girls. Magnus Walker showed up in his 997 GT2 and secretly stole the attention away from all the other cars (including the 918s). angry

My RS is going in for its annual service this Saturday and I look forward to driving back to the same place where I picked her up more than five years ago!

@Gnil: Absolutely! I'm very happy to share those special moments...

--

Thanks for sharing kiss, the blue one looks sensational (probably exactly the color I would go with...blue, black wheels, etc.).

GT3RS262.JPG

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

You can't talk yourself out of this one RC. You secretly want to call your dealer and get an allocation...smiley I would have a difficult time deciding between Mexico and Voodoo Blue (car with clear tail lights). UV looked great as well. The RS cars look really great when they travel in packs!

--

Pilot:

You can't talk yourself out of this one RC. You secretly want to call your dealer and get an allocation...smiley I would have a difficult time deciding between Mexico and Voodoo Blue (car with clear tail lights). UV looked great as well. The RS cars look really great when they travel in packs!

My dealer got another 4 allocations (of needed 7), so calling him wouldn't work, all the cars are already sold. Smiley No, he doesn't expect to get any more allocations.

I wouldn't have a problem getting a separate allocation though, I think but while I want one, I want a 911 R and a Huracan as well. Smiley Unfortunately my car budget doesn't allow any (car) toys anymore but I may make an exception for something I cannot resist. A 911 R with PDK and rear seats or a 991 GT2 RS may be irresistible but... Smiley

Time will tell but right now, money is the issue, not getting an allocation. Smiley Too many toys lately...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Fantastic pictures Pilot thanks for sharing kiss. The Vodoo Blue is spectacular (not that the other ones are not).

Thanks Pilot . Beautiful angles shots and great idea to present them in the exact same one for each colors kiss

I would take Voodoo blue out of that choice .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Fantastic pictures Pilot thanks for sharing ! The clear lights look fantastic on the blue and silver car. 

I like them too. When I was walking around the cars I didn't really know exactly what I was going for, but when I uploaded the photos at home I saw the beautiful pattern and colors. kiss

--

It is Saturday and I'm at the Porsche dealer now. 😊

My daughter is with me today while our RS is in the shop for its annual inspection and service. Everyone at Circle Porsche is very friendly and professional. My technician, Doug, was already standing by when we arrived.

The showroom is filled with the RS cars I posted above and, as you can imagine, it is a wonderful view. kiss

--

--

While I was flying..

I just wanted to share a happy moment from this morning. We were already on the way home when I played around with my iPhone. It looks like we were pretty low over the water but the aircraft was actually about 1,000 feet above the ocean.

The weather in California can't make up its mind. One day it is cold and windy and then the next it's warm again. You have no idea how much I miss the Australian summer...laugh

--

Pilot:

While I was flying..

I just wanted to share a happy moment from this morning. We were already on the way home when I played around with my iPhone. It looks like we were pretty low over the water but the aircraft was actually about 1,000 feet above the ocean.

The weather in California can't make up its mind. One day it is cold and windy and then the next it's warm again. You have no idea how much I miss the Australian summer...laugh

Smiley One reason I was never a fan of California weather...I love Florida (but not everyone likes the humidity in summer..., I couldn't care less). Actually, I love the weather in Nevada (Las Vegas) most: Dry heat and if you want to cool off, you just have to drive half an hour to the Red Rock Canyon, etc... There is also Mount Charleston in range, this thing is higher than the highest mountain in Germany. Unfortunately the winters in LV aren't too warm, so... Smiley

--

m4ever:

Fantastic pictures Pilot thanks for sharing kiss. The Vodoo Blue is spectacular (not that the other ones are not).

There is a guy who lives near me who just received his GT4 in PTS Voodoo Blue and it was my first time seeing this color in person - very nice!

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Almost Lava Orange... smiley

RC, I know exactly what you mean... I took this shot a few weeks ago on our roof-top helipad ;-) It was cold and drizzly :(

@Grant:  Voodoo Blue is an impressive blue indeed! It would be a great PTS choice!

--

Forget  the Sydney summer.  It is now mid Autumn and it is still 25 degrees C out there today! 

Very happy I have ordered AirCon on the incoming R.

Some official photos from the Sydney Rennsport event last weekend.

http://www.sydneymotorsportpark.com.au/about/gallery/facebook-album/790206291110767/

--

DJM48:

Forget  the Sydney summer.  It is now mid Autumn and it is still 25 degrees C out there today! 

Very happy I have ordered AirCon on the incoming R.

Some official photos from the Sydney Rennsport event last weekend.

http://www.sydneymotorsportpark.com.au/about/gallery/facebook-album/790206291110767/

Is that kind of a bad thing? Smiley Smiley Smiley

We had 19°C yesterday and sun (blue skies) in Bavaria and I was freezing my ass off at Lake Ammer. Smiley

--

Not a bad thing at all.

Winter is fine if you have 2 bits of wood strapped to your feet. Otherwise 25 is nice.

Problem if you are a polar bear though..

--

DJM48:

Not a bad thing at all.

Winter is fine if you have 2 bits of wood strapped to your feet. Otherwise 25 is nice.

Problem if you are a polar bear though..

I'm more of a desert fox... Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688496 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408685 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234765 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65384 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773336 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM