Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Rolls Royce Cullinan

Leaked Photos

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Re: Rolls Royce Cullinan

Rolls-Royce SUV - doesn’t seem right somehow Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Love the rear facing observation deck. Pop the champagne, set the tray with hors d'œuvre and look down at all the peasants walking by indecision

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Looks like a Cadillac angry

bluelines:

Love the rear facing observation deck. Pop the champagne, set the tray with hors d'œuvre and look down at all the peasants walking by indecision

I can just see it now bringing the Rolls to the parking lot tailgating parties before the games and do it in style Smiley​​​​​​

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

--

Great for tailgating at Chiefs games and duck hunting. Not to mention airing the kids out on the highway after a long day at the State fair. What speeds are those rear facing seats good for?  US highway speeds should not be a problem. 

Lazy, shitty designers. I could probably lead the design team at RR and accomplish just as much.

noone1:

Lazy, shitty designers. I could probably lead the design team at RR and accomplish just as much.

They are almost as predictable as your posts.(which I appreciate and welcome) Consistency sells. Branding is everything. 

Egads.  The wheels look too small in the front quarter side view.   How large is this thing?

Leawood911:
    noone1:

They are almost as predictable as your posts.(which I appreciate and welcome) Consistency sells. Branding is everything. 

Ferrari has branding. Lamborghini has branding.

This is just if I asked my ese south of the border to lift my RR.

Since we all here love cars, Im wondering how the heck this is possible, one of the ugliest things I have evere seen, why did the germans aprove this thing, why did the germans obbligate RR to do such a cayonero....this is embarassing for RR. I hope they will sell 0 and put it out of production asap

--

993 c2

I'm fine with it. It's in keeping with the recent RR aesthetic. Now, a Ferrari SUV, that I can't wrap my head around...

noone1:

Lazy, shitty designers......

Probably poached them from Porsche.....Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

I like it, a lot actually. Another squared car is what the industry needs in this segment after years and years of "coupeization" of the lines and "chineseization" of the overall designs. G-class check; old Range Rover check; Cullinan check. Imho this is how a proper SUV should be shaped.

What could be wrong with the design? Rolls is all about tradition, its characteristic front grill, huge dimensions, boxed design. It wasn't difficult imagine what the Brits were gonna come with, that's true, but that's precisely what's appealing for their loyal customers.

I like it. Perfect for the Middle East

bluelines:

Ah yes, where would we be without the peasantry??  I believe a few come with the vehicle as a starter kit. Smiley

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

bluelines:

Still prefer the Range Rover ones

--

Agree. The equestrian stirrup inspired footrests are just so...

Come to think of it, that diamond patterned cover looks so much like a horse blanket too.

The video previews of the Cullinan are out. Journalists are having a tough task of not saying anything that would upset RR. This might be the worst car of 2018, and given the price, maybe worst ever produced!

I cannot agree with you more. This is exactly the point.

I hav e to admit, since I love the germans, that after the adolf...theu suv trend set by them is the worst thing on earth.....ahahahahahah if RR still where English they would not have done this thing. On the other hand maybe r

RR was now bankrupt without BMW

--

993 c2

Can't wait to see this abomination in real life pictures next to human beings and other cars. The RR was already nearly as tall as an SUV. Now they lifted it LOL

This is beyond tasteless - will no doubt appeal to an imperious demographic where even a Bentayga won’t do... and that car has to be the ultimate automotive abomination to curse what’s left of this green earth.

Yuck.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

rulesdontapply:

This is beyond tasteless - will no doubt appeal to an imperious demographic where even a Bentayga won’t do... and that car has to be the ultimate automotive abomination to curse what’s left of this green earth.

Yuck.

rulesdontapply

I don't think its as bad as that ! I've been consistent in saying its really hard to make any of these huge SUVs look good and Cullinan is no exception. The key here will be what the ride is like and whether it can pull off the dual utility function and have the classic `Rolls limo feel in the back whilst not swaying from side to side in a bend. No doubt the depreciation on it will be epic in most markets.

But Range Rovers look good, no?

I don't see why Rolls Royce or Bentley can't just design something new and stick their badge on it. I really don't think they're afraid of trying something new, but rather it's just cheaper and easier to copy/paste.

I won't argue with it from a business perspective, but there is nothing praiseworthy about what they're doing. A plain and simple money grab led by the accounting and marketing departments.

noone1:

Yep  - I've always said they are the benchmark in terms of looks.

crayphile:
    noone1:

Yep  - I've always said they are the benchmark in terms of looks.

Concur and even Lincoln and Cadillac are better proportioned than this Rolls Royce.  However, Rolls Royce's history is filled with flamboyant, eccentric designs, so this seems rather keeping with its heritage.  

Doesn't look so bad in the photos available on the RR web site

https://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/en-GB/cullinan.html

Looks perfectly fine in the official pictures and especially in the video, its how a Rolls SUV should look like. Not my type but looks like it will have great presense on the road. That said it looses some of the elegance the normal Rolls have in this format, or maybe I was infkuenced by that video... what kind of clients are they trying to attract? rusian mobsters and rappers?

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM