Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

BLACK rear centre console - any pics?

I have found lots of white and silver rear centre console pics, any pics in black?

thanks

Re: BLACK console - any pics?

This is leather:

This is "painted:"

thanks for the quick reply...

i mean the rear centre console

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    thanks for the quick reply...

i mean the rear centre console

Glad to help.

Just wondering what do you mean by "black?" Painted shine-y black? Black leather? Stock black "vinyl?"

both painted black and black leather console in black leather interior.

Black/terracotta with black carpets and black painted console.
    Member vinnie83 has just ordered a Carrera Red car with black leather console. You'll probably have to wait until it arrives to get similar pictures.

Thanks, i am still thinking to have the painted console or leather console, any thoughts?

IMHO, leather all the way. Glossy painted is just that: plastics.

I think the rear center console in black (whether painted, leather or CF) is a must with black deviated carpets.

Take a close look at leather and "plastic." Unless you like more stitching, the stock "plastic" looks fine either because the material is mfgred nicely OR it's in a low relatively dark part of the car and you don't see it very much to be bothered by it.

OTOH, painting it (making it shiny) gives it a lot of attention but reminds me of _roadsters/speedsters_ which are meant to be functional and not "luxury" GT cars. BTW, mine IS painted.

If I could spec my car all over again: I'd probably now consider Carbon Fiber as a first choice.

just my two cent's worth.

Quote:
    The Groom said:

I think the rear center console in black (whether painted, leather or CF) is a must with black deviated carpets.

the standard carpet is black too...

black deviated carpets? any pics?

Quote:
    MMD said:

If I could spec my car all over again: I'd probably now consider Carbon Fiber as a first choice.

just my two cent's worth.

CF look great too, but that's just an overlay carbon and you can see the plastic base when you open it. plus very expensive.

But I think the CF console would look more classy than the painted black console. Way to go.

thanks for the advice.

Carbon looks better

Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:

The picture above is a black/terracotta interior with deviated carpeting in black. If the deviated carpeting had not been ordered then the standard carpet would have been terracotta.

Its really hard to spec out a "custom" porsche interior because the option codes are so damned complicated and non-intuitive.

One mis-step, one ommission and your car arrives seriously f*ed. Been there, done that. 6 months of waiting only to be disappointed and forced to shaft my dealer with a 190k car.

Big issues:

* Package options together is that so hard? They could even charge MORE for it because it would be less transparent how much individual components cost.

* Why is it so bloody complicated?!!!

Two examples of MANY of why its complicated:

* Why are there 4 options for stitching? How many people only want coloured stitching on SOME parts? Compare that number to how many people get screwed because they didn't order all the codes?

* Why do you need to order the special leather option for a certain part (ex: gearshift/handbrake/misc leather) (a common accidental ommision) in order to have the deviated stitching carry over to that part?

* Why are people (who don't know what they're doing) in charge of ordering cars at the dealership?

Quote:
    jeffbco said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:

The picture above is a black/terracotta interior with deviated carpeting in black. If the deviated carpeting had not been ordered then the standard carpet would have been terracotta.

i see.

the standard carpets for mine would be all black, because mine would have all black leather interior.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Its really hard to spec out a "custom" porsche interior because the option codes are so damned complicated and non-intuitive.

I'm starting to think we should make Rennteam special editions. Group buy of 10 to 20 heavily optioned cars. Paint-to-sample and elegant, unusual interior combinations. And most important, with a guarantee that there won't be any glaring mistakes in the spec...
    There is enough knowledge on this board to make it happen. A lot more than at most dealers'.

E.g. baltic blue, blue top if applicable, ocean blue leather, linen seats, linen vents surround and dashboard trim strip, blue stitching on linen leather, linen stitching on blue leather, and the usual suspects (PCCB, adaptative seats, XPA, DAV/DAW, XMZ, CUV/CPT, XTV, XMP, CVW, XZD/CZD, CUR, DAA/DAB/DAC...)

Exclusive options are expensive and so are paint and leather to sample, but there is probably a lot of negociating room if we order in bulk.

As mentioned above I've ordered carrera red interior with deviated black carpets, black leather rear console + compartment lid, with red stitching.... I was thinking of the painted black finish, but decided against - I was worried about the finish dulling over time with watches on the wrist rubbing, studs on denim jeans / jackets etc scratching the shiny finish.

Also I saw a car in the dealership with black leather + red stitching and I fell in love immediately!

Definitely would recommend the black leather finish over painted anyday myself.......

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

I'm starting to think we should make Rennteam special editions. Group buy of 10 to 20 heavily optioned cars. Paint-to-sample and elegant, unusual interior combinations. And most important, with a guarantee that there won't be any glaring mistakes in the spec...
    There is enough knowledge on this board to make it happen. A lot more than at most dealers'.

E.g. baltic blue, blue top if applicable, ocean blue leather, linen seats, linen vents surround and dashboard trim strip, blue stitching on linen leather, linen stitching on blue leather, and the usual suspects (PCCB, adaptative seats, XPA, DAV/DAW, XMZ, CUV/CPT, XTV, XMP, CVW, XZD/CZD, CUR, DAA/DAB/DAC...)

Exclusive options are expensive and so are paint and leather to sample, but there is probably a lot of negociating room if we order in bulk.

We can all back out when the car comes.

(I always liked the linen leather though, ever since I saw it in an old exclusive catalogue)

Cars would be paid in advance and ordered from a juridiction where you can't back out (or forfeit the $150k).

If that fails, there's still Euroclassics...

Quote:
    The Groom said:

What's really weird is that is actually pretty close to what I am thinking for my next 911, except I would switch the arrangement of the leather -- the seats would be sea blue and the rest linen. I fear that linen seats would get really dirty on a daily driver. I'd also nix the devaiting vents as I'm not fond of that look, but to each his own.

Linen leather is like solid black paint. It looks so damn good, but it's not practical.

Your version is not practical either, because of annoying windshield reflections, and some interior parts not being available in non-standard colors.

AH yes, I would panic when jeans/etc rubbed off on my linen leather.

Black paint was a stupid idea, esp on my GT3 track car.

Nano-tech will end these problems

what's nano-tech?
    -Joost-

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Linen leather is like solid black paint. It looks so damn good, but it's not practical.

Your version is not practical either, because of annoying windshield reflections, and some interior parts not being available in non-standard colors.

You're probably right about the dash. But it could look good if it's just the lower part of the door in linen (with the upper part in Sea Blue) and perhaps the consol hatch lid in linen.

We always hit the same problem in the 997. The shape of the door speakers (the woofer specifically) and the lack of bicolor rear side panels in any color other than sand, stone and terracotta, preclude such setups.

While it is possible to order a linen insert in the door panel (i.e. not the speakers, nor the top, nor the side airbag trim strip) to avoid the door speaker problem, it still looks iffy in a 997 because there is nothing similar in the back. So, we're pretty much stuck with deviated seats only (and deviated stitching in the same color everywhere else).

On the other hand, in a 987, it looks great. If I were to order a 987 today, I'd order white with natural grey interior, black top, black carpets, red stitching, carrera red seat inserts, door inserts, center armrest/console hatch lid, and dashboard trim strip.

It's just silly to spend that kind of money on a 987.

Groom: This is what I'm talking about, except keep the seats blue so they don't get too dirty. I would probably just do the door inserts and leave the rest (including the entire dash) sea blue.

Quote:
    Joost said:
    what's nano-tech?
    -Joost-

example:

http://www.azom.com/news.asp?newsID=917

Thanks Tom! Didn't know that.
    -Joost-

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760752 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434403 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260026 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257158 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80754 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871319 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806505 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM