Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Porsche Panamera (4 door sedan) Rumours

Thanks for scan.

But, I hope the real Panamera looks better than these pictures.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Thanks for scan.

But, I hope the real Panamera looks better than these pictures.

I don't think it will look much different to be honest. It is better than what I expected from the camouflaged cars. However, if somebody likes the Porsche design language he will not dislike this car.

Thanks for the scan.

Looking at the pictures makes one wonder if Panamera is supposed to compete with the 'S' class?

If Porsche intends to attract S class buyers, I believe they picked a wrong design.

That hatch back makes me wanna
    /uploads/416865-9529.gif

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks for the scan.

Looking at the pictures makes one wonder if Panamera is supposed to compete with the 'S' class?

If Porsche intends to attrackt S class buyers, I believe they picked a wrong design.

The only hope is that the Turbo model with the more complex rear wing/spoiler will camouflage that hatchback appearance.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Hm, so what it this?

Lasergun?

To be serious, I think that is some kind of adaptive distance control.

Yes, I agree. It's the Imperial Deathstar Death Ray .

In my opinion adaptive cruise control, maybe combined with night vision as mentioned by RC some time ago.

Yes, definitely ACC. Regarding night vision, wouldn't that be stored inside the headlamps? It seems a bit low-placed to be an NV camera .

Perhaps PARM (Porsche Anti-Radar Management) with laser jammer?

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks for the scan.

If Porsche intends to attract S class buyers, I believe they picked a wrong design.

The hatchback and the folding rear seats add practicality to this car. It is a first in this category and blends very well with the overall design. The S class appeals to different clientele IMO. A CLS AMG or even a CL500 might be Panameras competitors.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks for the scan.

If Porsche intends to attrackt S class buyers, I believe they picked a wrong design.

The only hope is that the Turbo model with the more complex rear wing/spoiler will camouflage that hatchback appearance.

I thought they would make the rear much smoother... this is so ugly. Looks almost like a station wagon! WTF

why didnt they go with CLS shape...

this rear is FULGY

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Hm, so what it this?

Lasergun?

In my opinion adaptive cruise control, maybe combined with night vision as mentioned by RC some time ago.

Yes, definitely ACC. Regarding night vision, wouldn't that be stored inside the headlamps? It seems a bit low-placed to be an NV camera .

I'm still in favor of the Death ray. Better to remove the entire problem than just the radar/laser .

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks for the scan.

The hatchback and the folding rear seats add practicality to this car. It is a first in this category and blends very well with the overall design. The S class appeals to different clientele IMO. A CLS AMG or even a CL500 might be Panameras competitors.

Exactly. This is for those interested in performance and are willing to sacrifice comfort and practicality for it. I believe the Panamera will be one attractive car and all those who are condemning the car without having seen it without camo will like it. In fact I love how it looks in the second picture.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks for the scan.

Exactly. This is for those interested in performance and are willing to sacrifice comfort and practicality for it. I believe the Panamera will be one attractive car and all those who are condemning the car without having seen it without camo will like it. In fact I love how it looks in the second picture.

I understand this sentiment. Problem is, "performance" and nearly two tons of automobile are difficult to reconcile. The turbo version is the only hope, I think.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks for the scan.

I understand this sentiment. Problem is, "performance" and nearly two tons of automobile are difficult to reconcile. The turbo version is the only hope, I think.

Well, nobody has said that it's meant to be a Lotus Elite competitor. It's a four door car and will obviously have weight comparable to the M5 and E55. Porsche could off course have made a small and much lighter sedan but they haven't and want to offer moderately spacious car for all those Porsche fans who trade in their 911s for an M5 or E55.

Porsche are simply filling a void and I'm much certain that many people want to enjoy the Porsche experience in the form of a 4 door saloon.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Hm, so what it this?

Lasergun?

I'm still in favor of the Death ray. Better to remove the entire problem than just the radar/laser .

Definitely. Death ray is the way to go.

I more and more see that the Panamera will never be a car for me.... this proportions are to big and it looks like another R-Class

At that price point, I think you'd be very happy with the RS6 .

Almost as pretty as the Cayenne

For me at least, the real car had better look COMPLETELY different, otherwise "no thank you"

If I wanted a big Porsche, I think I'd only consider an Audi. So far the Panamera is not changing my opinion.

New video
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/4080215.001/porsche-panamera-spied-ahead-of-geneva

Hm, quite some body roll when exiting the roundabout... no PASM?

That could very well be the ugliest car I have ever seen in my life.

The back looks like it was designed by a 3 year old with some play-doh (emphasis on the DOH!)

Do you notice that it always was the same car? Evertytime the same plate. I guess this is an unofficial teaser made by Porsche employees directly

Quote:
    KF said:
    Do you notice that it always was the same car? Evertytime the same plate. I guess this is an unofficial teaser made by Porsche employees directly

You are right. Without an insider this video would not have been possible.

My guess: Wendelin got a Handycam for christmas!

I hope the rear is still heavily disguised so I will reserved my commnets until all the camo is off, because that rear is hideous, it looks like a corss between a oldsmobile stationwagon and a low-rider Cayenne

Also they could put some life into the side lines of the car for heavens sake... some hips, widened wheel arches, some contour over the doors or side skirts,anyhting... its looks like a Citroen C6

Carlos i totally agree..

It really seems like the rear will be at the stupid half cayenne angle.. its way too high?!!! what happened to their sketch

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    (...) what happened to their sketch

It melted.

Reality set in!

They decided to make some room in the back. The Rapide, while much better-looking, is very tight in that department.

Needs wheel spacers and better-looking wheels badly. Will reserve judgment on other aspects until I see it decamoed.

Re: Porsche's four-door future...

The three test mules where on the highway between Banff and Calgary on Thursday morning, about 10 am... Nice, I like the look A LOT. Those three looked good in the fresh, far better than the photos would suggest.

Latest batch of images. I love the proportions very thick and wide.

Thanks luwalira.

As I said from the outset, this car seems to have a hatchback. Now, we have proof.

I don't know what they call it in Europe, but in the US that's a stationwagon.

But, by no means is it a four door coupe.

Put AWD on it and they have a crossover.

This car will be disastrous for Porsche.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Thanks luwalira.

As I said from the outset, this car seems to have a hatchback. Now, we have proof.

I don't know what they call it in Europe, but in the US that's a stationwagon.

But, by no means is it a four door coupe.

Put AWD on it and they have a crossover.

This car will be disastrous for Porsche.

I don't think that it will be disastrous at all, it will be the opposite, a major success. We all kind of knew that it was going to have a hatch so these spy shots shouldn't surprise anyone.

The Mercedes CLS is one sexy for door coupe but many people buy the E-class without hesitation because the CLS is some what a cramped four door car, especially in the backseat.

Porsche doesn't only want to develop a well designed and sexy four door coupe, but they also want it to be a car for people buying M5s and E63s. The Panamera has to be just a useful otherwise that group of people won't buy it. That is the reason for the slightly hatchback-ish shape. Giving it the same shape as the Rapide or CLS would repel those selling their 911s for an M5. Porsche is targeting a special group of people with this car, namely those that want a roomy top of the line performance car.

I'm quite satisfied with the body shape and in some of the videos it looks really good.

no offense to anybody but the prototypes based on the earlier shots are extremely disappointing. the hatchback style with the rear wiper looks very cheap. this car should be priced no higher than the cayenne..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753485 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430922 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255536 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79578 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868486 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802132 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM