Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: IPD PLENUM DYNO TEST PART II

I ride Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14. Fast and comfortable. I love Ducatti's but too small for a 6-2"+ man and I hate Harley's, no offense to my friends on this forum

NICE BIKE!
    No offense, I sold my ZX-10 2 summers ago. I THOUGHT I missed that kind of bike because that's the type of street bike I used to ride all the time. But I wouldnt ever think of selling either one of my Harley's, they're like family.

Rich man's world, I can't compete with you Nice bikes despite the fact that I am not a Harley man. You have classic beauties while according to many I have no taste for bikes. I had a Zx-10, ZX-11 and a Hayabusa and sold them all and bought the ZX-14. My young wife wanted to ride and I was against it. She is hell on 4 wheels so I can't imagine what she would be like on 2 wheels.

Here's a better one of the Ninja. My 1st Ninja was back in 1985. Remember the big black w/ red pin stripe 1000R?

That's a bad ass bike, you can do a wheelie at 100 mph but don't do it.

Bought the Black & White FLSTN New in 1993. While up on a motorcycle trip w/ my wife in the sumer of 2004 in Portland Maine we visted a Harley Dealer to buy some T-shirts for the kids & saw the Orange bike. Put a deposit on it rode back to NY & then went back up the following weekend to pick it up. Very 1st ride on the bike was a 500+ mile trip home from the dealer, that was fun! It's a Screamin Eagle Electra Glide. Believe it or not I was having second thoughts about buying it, I had just bought the Ninja too that summer but my wife convinced me we should do it, buy it as a gift to ourselves for our 10 yr anniversary (that's what we were doing up in Maine celebrating). Anyway when I hear stories from guys like how their wives wont let them put an exhaust on their own car I realize how lucky I got.

That 14 of yours is a Monster of a bike. I know it well.

Next to my prior Turbo:

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    That's a bad ass bike, you can do a wheelie at 100 mph but don't do it.

I shouldnt have sold that bike. Sport Bikes always get better the following years so I thought I could always just buy a newer version. But now looking back at the 04 ZX-10R you reazlize the 05-07's aren't as good.

What do you think of the new Busa?

I take this baby everywhere. Comfortable for 2 up for days. 103 inch stroker motor. 100ft lbs of torque.

Very nice my friend

Okay gents, the moment you have all been waiting for. I just talked to Greg and as he mentioned yesterday they dyno tested a 997TT with 2400 miles on it. The car was bare bone stock. The H.P. increase at the wheel was over 20 H.P. and close to 25 H.P. Greg said combined with exhaust and ECU it would be much better. I talked to him briefly as he was in his car driving through the mountains. I do not have the dyno graphs but he does and he will share them with me when I see them.

So if you can get at least 20 H.P. at the wheel with the Plenum I think it would be safe to assume that just the right exhaust + plenum should do 40+ crank H.P.

I am sure that after this RSS will be posting something soon. I will however post any other info that I might find after I see him on Monday.

I think I will get the Plenum + Cargraphics done on my car next week.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Okay gents, the moment you have all been waiting for. I just talked to Greg and as he mentioned yesterday they dyno tested a 997TT with 2400 miles on it. The car was bare bone stock. The H.P. increase at the wheel was over 20 H.P. and close to 25 H.P. Greg said combined with exhaust and ECU it would be much better. I talked to him briefly as he was in his car driving through the mountains. I do not have the dyno graphs but he does and he will share them with me when I see them.

So if you can get at least 20 H.P. at the wheel with the Plenum I think it would be safe to assume that just the right exhaust + plenum should do 40+ crank H.P.

I am sure that after this RSS will be posting something soon. I will however post any other info that I might find after I see him on Monday.

Thanks for the info, sounds like it is a go.

AAHT you are welcome. I think it's a safe and inexpensive mod. Greg told me they had a few runs and they ran the car hard. He was expecting better results but I was happy to hear what he said

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    AAHT you are welcome. I think it's a safe and inexpensive mod. Greg told me they had a few runs and they ran the car hard. He was expecting better results but I was happy to hear what he said

25 hp wheel = almost 30 hp crank which is pretty good for a stock car without exhaust. Maybe 40 hp is real in a modded car. That is the only mod missing in my car right now and I wonder how much more it will add to a car with modded VTGs .

Greg says the numers would be higher on the ecu tuned car but they did have an ecu tuned car.

Ed, Thanks for the effort. It's nice to know it delivers. Cheers

LoranTW, you are welcome buddy

Quote:
    edz61 said:

You da man! Thanks Ed, very cool!

Absolutely the Plenum will add even more with the addition of an exhaust. Exhaust + Plenum and you're at GT2 power for $5k. But even alone that is the single best performance (power) mod. you can make for the money (imo). For the cost of the plenum to gain 20-25 wheel HP is saaahhhweeet!!

Ed - You should really get the Tubi. Now that your other appt. w/ that other tuner is off I bet you could arrange to have the Tubi. I wouldnt steer you wrong. Thanks again for getting that info. that's what's great about this board, guys like you.

btw: Plenum - Told you guys it works

Stradale: Thanks for the kind words my friend . I am glad I could give some info to my rennteam brothers such as yourself. I love the Tubi but it's a bit too loud for me. Also Greg is a cargraphic dealer. Thanks for your input and help. I will drop my car off tomorrow and I will let you know how the car runs after I get it back. Yes indeed it's an awsome mod for a gr8 price.

Guys, I already have an AWE Exhaust installed and purchased the Plenum yesterday from Gregg. I am getting it installed on Monday at Lucent in West LA, thus... Exhaust + Plenum with no other performance mods (yet). I'll share my seat-of-the-pants feelings next week, hopefully along with Ed.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Stradale: Thanks for the kind words my friend . I am glad I could give some info to my rennteam brothers such as yourself. I love the Tubi but it's a bit too loud for me. Also Greg is a cargraphic dealer. Thanks for your input and help. I will drop my car off tomorrow and I will let you know how the car runs after I get it back. Yes indeed it's an awsome mod for a gr8 price.

guyz .. rennteamer's, you rock

couple of days back I got my car from the dealer with my ECU tuned by Gemballa claming 45-50 hp increase, FABSPEED maxflow exaust system installed allready.
    after tuning the ECU, the boost show 1.0 bar all the time when I fully accelerate, the overboost option is not effective any more, make no difference. but i really feel the difference after the tune, i feel it is pulling more and more without the feel of getting slower then pulling again.

So i guess i am just missing the IPD Plenum?? what do u think guys??

* I am planing to do a dyno test shortly.

Quote:
    TurboBill said:
    Guys, I already have an AWE Exhaust installed and purchased the Plenum yesterday from Gregg. I am getting it installed on Monday at Lucent in West LA, thus... Exhaust + Plenum with no other performance mods (yet). I'll share my seat-of-the-pants feelings next week, hopefully along with Ed.

Right on bro, we will both have the same mods next week and we both have black turbos BTW AWE WOULD BE MY NEXT CHOICE. What kind of wheels do you have?

Outlaw-Rules, get the IPD, go for it

Quote:
    OuTLaW_Rules said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

guyz .. rennteamer's, you rock

couple of days back I got my car from the dealer with my ECU tuned by Gemballa claming 45-50 hp increase, FABSPEED maxflow exaust system installed allready.
    after tuning the ECU, the boost show 1.0 bar all the time when I fully accelerate, the overboost option is not effective any more, make no difference. but i really feel the difference after the tune, i feel it is pulling more and more without the feel of getting slower then pulling again.

So i guess i am just missing the IPD Plenum?? what do u think guys??

* I am planing to do a dyno test shortly.

That doesn't sound right, unless gemballa is different from all the other tuners. a tuned car should boost 1.0 in normal mode and 1.2 bars in sport mode and makes more power. I've never heard of a tune where the overboost function was deleted but I could be wrong. I suggest you check with them to see if it is normal to lose the overboost.

Ed,

Tomorrow there is someone with an AWE exhaust system at the C&C thing in Orange county. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116521
    Of course AAHT will also be there with his Cargraphic exhaust.
    I am stuck on call and couldn't trade away the call so won't be able to make it. Just thought you might be interested in passing by to have a quick listen.

Although I am leaning towards AWE because I like low freq. rumbling, I would love to check out the Tubi as well. Do you know any dealer or anyone in LA with a Tubi car?

Great and wonderful work on the plenum! Now it's a race to the finish line between you and Bill!

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    TurboBill said:

Right on bro, we will both have the same mods next week and we both have black turbos BTW AWE WOULD BE MY NEXT CHOICE. What kind of wheels do you have?

Cannga:

Thanks pal, I am on my way to the gym this a.m.and I should be at Stuttgart around 11:00 +. Call me on my personal cell not my business, the 949-683.........and I will let you know. I love the AWE it sounds awsome and it's cheaper than Cargraphics but Stuttgart perf. is CG dealer. Call me any time after 11:00 and if you are busy I will keep you posted later.

Thanks mate

Ed

Cannga:

I dropped my car off today at Stuttgart performance. For the time being I have asked for IPD plenum + the cargraphics (loud version). I might call Monday morning and change to loud to medium because of the posting I saw today on Anthony's car, I am not sure yet.
    There was no one there with AWE exhaust, a couple cars with cargraphics loud version. At a cold start they were a bid loud but when warmed up they were quiet

Can you guys give details on how involved it is to install the plenum? How many hours you were quoted, etc. I'm going to order mine tomorrow when I get back to town! You guys pretty much put me over the top!

It will take about 2.5 hours and will cost about $350.

The Y-pipe and throttle body must be removed to get to the plenum. The y-pipe is attached to the throttle body and the throttle body is bolted to the plenum. The plenum is located directly under the panel between the deck lid and rear window and it is very difficult to get your hands in there to work. The hoses on the back of the plenum are very difficult to get to and you are basically working by feel. It is difficult to see what you are doing and if it is not done correctly the system may leak. Turbo Mike, the guy that designed the plenum, installed mine on Friday. I carefully watched while he did the install and it did not appear to be difficult if you know what you are doing. You must be very careful not to drop any thing in the engine bay while you are working. It will be very difficult to find due to the cramped space. I could do this myself but I would not want to. I would prefer to hire someone that has experience. Leaks and dropped objects would be a very bad thing.

AK997TT, for a few hundred bucks it's best to let the right mechanic do it, I agree 100%

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689694 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409324 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255791 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235019 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65547 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858082 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774149 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM