Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ordering a new turbo

Hi everybody. I'm finalizing my order for MY2008 Turbo Coupe. My specs are the followings so far. What do you think? I'm thinking of changing bucket seats to the adaptive sport seats with white backrest. And also may add some carbon inside, but not so sure about that. Maybe an alcantara wheel/bucket seats set? And also not sure about the turbo logo, black or white? And also I will add the official ipod kit, but couldn't find the option on the configuration page. What are your opinions?

Carrara White
    B4
    Leather interior in black
    AT
    ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
    Side skirts in exterior colour
    XAJ
    Electric slide/tilt sunroof
    Headlamp cleaning system cover painted
    CGA
    Spoiler lip painted
    CNE
    Lower part of rear apron painted
    CNG
    Red Tail lights
    XXF
    Tiptronic S
    Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
    Sport Chrono Package Turbo
    19 inch Turbo wheels, forged, two-tone 404
    Wheels painted in exterior colour
    XD9
    Sports Bucket Seats
    P03
    Footrest in sports look
    XXZ
    Instrument dials in Carrara White
    XFJ
    Thicker three-spoke sports steering wheel in smooth leather
    XPA
    Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
    XSC
    Lid of storage bin with logo
    CUV

Re: Ordering a new turbo

Hey, great minds think alike! I too have a white with black interior MY08 997TT on order. My build is 2/29 - the wait is killing me (I put my order in last november). I ordered pccb, adaptive sport seat, sport chrono, LSD, etc., but but decided not to get the lower aprons, lips, etc. painted. I saw a white one with only 3700 miles on it and the lower lip was really beat up. Some say the painted ones need to be repainted or replaced regularly - depending on if this is going to be your daily driver or not. Just something to think about. You may also want to order heated seats - nice for resale. I had a white BoxsterS, and a white 996C4S which is now for sale. the rest of your order looks great - all the necessary items (except I prefer 6-speed not the tip - there are lots of threads on that and pics of your order items on 6speedonline). When is your build date? What part of the country are you in? Very exciting.

Since you're getting the lid with the storage bin with the logo, I'd recommend getting the leather rear center console along with the leather gear shift trim for tiptronics. Those two options should go a long way in completing the look of the leather interior bits.

White backrest? Do you mean painted seat backs in white? If so I'd say don't do it and spend the money on A.S.S.. I have painted seat backs and you "never" see them in a Coupe. Sorry to admit everytime I put something back there I have to check it's not rubbing on the finely glossy painted surface.

Don't forget heated seats, girls love them. I like to tell guys when you're arguing with your tired/stressed out wife/gf just turn on heated seats and they fall asleep.

Get whatever makes you happy. That said, for me embossed headrests, embossed rear console storage flaps, parking assist sensors, etc etc etc etc, just add more stuff, starts to look cluttered; but I'm a nut job about clean and simple.

Did you see this? Painted vs regular. I ripped up my front unit the otherday and was glad it wasn't painted. Painted ones look more like track cars. Non-painted look like Daily Drivers.

imo...gotta get the lsd , cheap at less than 1k , even if ya never have the opportunity or skills to put it to work

Agreed. Don't forget LSD.
    Also, correct me if I am wrong, but if you are going to paint front, side, and rear lips, isn't there a different single code that does all 3 of them, instead of the 3 separate codes you are using? Reason: I think it might cost less to use the single code, but I am *NOT* sure so you might want to check this. Here's mine with front lip unpainted.
    Front lip gets damaged easily so not painting the front lip (i.e. paint only side and rear) is also an option. This is how it's done in the GT3. I personally like it unpainted better because the car looks a little too monotonous otherwise and the black lip lends a sporty character to the car, but obviously YMMV. Here is mine, unpainted:

Quote:
    roadtrip said:
    imo...gotta get the lsd , cheap at less than 1k , even if ya never have the opportunity or skills to put it to work

Quote:
    cannga said:

Front lip gets damaged easily so not painting the front lip (i.e. paint only side and rear) is also an option. This is how it's done in the GT3. I personally like it unpainted better because the car looks a little too monotonous otherwise, but obviously YMMV.

Good point. Also the painted lip and rockers make it look a bit too "plastic-y" for me; like track car with all those "composite" aerodynamic panels bolted on everywhere.

Also, I love current STOCK Turbo wheels because brake dust doesn't show up on the insides of them. My 997Swheels were silver throughout and were always looking awful from brake dust Your consideration of _white_ wheels blows my mind; you sure you want wheel cleaning as a part-time job?

Some guys don't mind PT wheel cleaning job but I think they're younger (?)..., I dunno, something to do with having fewer obligations and less stuff to maintain. I love my car but don't have much time to fuss over it. When the novelty wears off you might have really hideously dirty wheels which you don't deserve.

The good news is with ordering pccb's you won't have brake dust to clean no matter what wheels you have!

On the painted lips/rockers, I think that code is good outside the US, but in the US you must select front lip, rear lip and rockers separately, unless the order guide has changed.

Cannga that is one gorgeous TT buddy. Love Guards.

Quote:
    MsGreta said:
    The good news is with ordering pccb's you won't have brake dust to clean no matter what wheels you have!

Oops! Good point. Go for 'em.

Here's a pic:

Nice specs, wtl

The LSD would be nice, but I don't think it is available with the tip. As for the PCCBs and brake dust, you will get some dust no matter what, but it will definitely be a lot less than you'd get with the steelies.

Also, if you think you might want to go with aftermarket pedals (there are some nice ones out there) save your money on the sport-look foot rest. I wish I had.

Damn, white is so hot!!!

good choices with the options and agree on the deletions. Not fond of white wheels on white car but that's me.

thanks for the opinions everybody. I'm going to get a seperate front spoiler in case of the one on the car gets damaged. black spoiler and other lower parts looks cheap to me.

And LSD is only available for 6 speed, isn't it? I'm thinking about getting a tiptronic car, because it's faster than the tip, with less trouble in traffic. I'm still unsure about the bucket seats vs white painted adaptive seats.

Thanks again everybody

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Agreed. Don't forget LSD.
    Also, correct me if I am wrong, but if you are going to paint front, side, and rear lips, isn't there a different single code that does all 3 of them, instead of the 3 separate codes you are using?

No, there is a single code for all 4 options (including the painted grilles), not for 3 I don't think.

Have to disagree with the anti-painted front lip/grill opinions I am afraid. I think on a light colour car (eg. white/silver) they look spectacular.

Yes I have a few stone chips already on the lower lip but you only see close up small dents, the paint is still visible. The paint doesn't seem to chip 'off' like the bodywork does as it's plastic underneath.

The painted lower lips make the car look much lower and more aggressive. The painted grilles balance the visual weight of the front and back of the car by giving the front more presence. In fact I think this option is my favorite of everything I ordered on the car.

what is A.S.S?

and heated seats is one of my favourite too, but the bucket seats dont have that option. if i'm going to switch it to adaptive seats, i will surely order them. does anybody know, the back of the seats are carbon in bucket seats? if so, i guess i should put some carbon fiber inside to match those.

Adjustable Sport Seats - by far the most comfy seats

Sorry! Yes, LSD is only avail. w/ 6 speed.

IMHO/YMMV: Get Tiptronic for other reasons you mentioned, but not because it's faster. That faster 0-60 time quoted not only has not been achieved easily by "normal" users, but I believe also requires torque braking and a high chance of causing damage to the transmission.

Bucket seat looks DROP DEAD GORGEOUS and is so unbelievably light, but if you are finicky about seat position like I am, you might want to check whether the seats are infinitely/continuously adjustable (don't think so as it's not powered) and whether all parameters are adjustable (seatback angle, seat rake, or seat height?). I have used both the standard powered seat and the ASS long term and think they are both extremely comfortable. As much as I love to reduce weight, sad fact is I am getting older and the old fart seat is now requirement particularly as this car is my daily driver.

Hope this helps and congrats!

Quote:
    whiteturbolover said:
    thanks for the opinions everybody. I'm going to get a seperate front spoiler in case of the one on the car gets damaged. black spoiler and other lower parts looks cheap to me.

And LSD is only available for 6 speed, isn't it? I'm thinking about getting a tiptronic car, because it's faster than the tip, with less trouble in traffic. I'm still unsure about the bucket seats vs white painted adaptive seats.

Thanks again everybody

I have heard the sport buckets are only adjustible for and aft and no other adjusts? Is this true?

Quote:
    eyesurg said:
    I have heard the sport buckets are only adjustible for and aft and no other adjusts? Is this true?

Pretty much looks like it, but has height and backrest tilt too.

This is from MY 2006 but I doubt it has changed.

I can't remember exactly what the code/name is, but you may want to also add the illuminated door sills in stainless - they look really cool!

Hello MMD,

I don't think your table has the specific "Folding Bucket Seat" that we are talking about. This seat was not yet available in 2006 and that Sports Seat listed in your chart is not the same as the Bucket Seat.

Anyway, from the latest ad booklet from Porsche, this is what the "Folding Bucket Seat" has: Fore/aft adjustment. That seems to be all! It makes no mentioning of backrest tilt/angle adjustment or even seat height.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    eyesurg said:

Pretty much looks like it, but has height and backrest tilt too.

This is from MY 2006 but I doubt it has changed.

Forgot to add that, but maybe in carbon?

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Hello MMD,

I don't think your table has the specific "Folding Bucket Seat" that we are talking about. This seat was not yet available in 2006 and that Sports Seat listed in your chart is not the same as the Bucket Seat.

Anyway, from the latest ad booklet from Porsche, this is what the "Folding Bucket Seat" has: Fore/aft adjustment. That seems to be all! It makes no mentioning of backrest tilt/angle adjustment or even seat height.

Oops! Sorry! I'm wrong again. I better order/buy another car so I can update my knowledge base.

No problem. Pales in comparison to the tons of info you supply to the forum.

Quote:
    MMD said:

Oops! Sorry! I'm wrong again. I better order/buy another car so I can update my knowledge base.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690221 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409575 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255892 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235132 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858300 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774514 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM