Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Spotted: Cayenne GTS!

Saw it on the street tonight. It was dark, and the xenons struck me in my rear-view mirror. It blazed by me, just fast enough to show me the "Cayenne GTS" badge. I think it had dutch plates.
    Did they arrive at the dealers already throughout europe?
    -Joost-

Re: Spotted: Cayenne GTS!

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Did they arrive at the dealers already throughout europe?
    -Joost-

That would be a rather early delivery of demo cars to the dealers. Just received an invitation from the PZ for the presentation on 9th February

Joost,

I was told the earliest would be May delivery for the Middle East. No demo cars here either.

Cheers,

Mark (fellow cloggy)

WoW! So it was something special then! I saw it at night, between Delft and Rotterdam, driving fast, though not exceptionally. I could clearly make out the GTS badge, though I can't recall seeing the roof spoiler. The exhausts struck me though, chrome-like quad pipes, with a connection in between.

Hey Mark, ver weg van huis!
    Groeten Joost.

Ha die Joost,

Did you spot the Cayenne's color (maybe not as it was dark) but if it was red or yellow gold, she definitely was a GTS . The double pipe exhaust system and the rear difuser are borrowed from the from the turbo.

Inderdaad een klein stukje vliegen. Oman is zeker aan te bevelen het is een fantastish land ! 25C op het moment en we live life to the max !

Groeten,

Mark

My impression is that it was the dark red color of the press images.
    This is the view that matches best with what I saw (it was passing me by in the left lane) Though indeed, it was dark, but it drove through the ray of light of my headlights.

Quote:
    Joost said:
    My impression is that it was the dark red color of the press images.
    This is the view that matches best with what I saw (it was passing me by in the left lane) Though indeed, it was dark, but it drove through the ray of light of my headlights.

Hey Joost,
    could it have been badged with the GTS... some guy with and Cayenne S could have added GT.. and turbo bumper... only way to tell is the roof spoiler? did you see that?

Groetjes,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,
    Yeah, it could be possible that I saw a rebadged S (or turbo)
    I remember thexenons, and seeing in my mirror that it was a cayenne. Then when it passed me, I looked aside, and saw it was indeed a red Cayenne, and I clearly saw the badge and the exhausts. Didn't look at any spoiler, it was already far ahead of me. (as it was in a zone were 80km/h is allowed, and I had been radarred over there before, so I was doing 80. This guy was flooring it though... :P
    I must say though, that I never saw rebadged cayennes in the netherlands though. People here rather just delete the model designation most of the times.
    -Joost-
    PS: Spreek jij nederlands trouwens, of alleen "Groetjes"?

damn, that exterior looks mean! very nice!
    Those seats look extremely comfortable..
    That's the way I would order mine i think!

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Hi Aaron,
    Yeah, it could be possible that I saw a rebadged S (or turbo)
    I remember thexenons, and seeing in my mirror that it was a cayenne. Then when it passed me, I looked aside, and saw it was indeed a red Cayenne, and I clearly saw the badge and the exhausts. Didn't look at any spoiler, it was already far ahead of me. (as it was in a zone were 80km/h is allowed, and I had been radarred over there before, so I was doing 80. This guy was flooring it though... :P
    I must say though, that I never saw rebadged cayennes in the netherlands though. People here rather just delete the model designation most of the times.
    -Joost-
    PS: Spreek jij nederlands trouwens, of alleen "Groetjes"?

Ha, altijd leuk om een niuewe Porsche op straat te zien.
    Ik heb in Nederland voor 3 jaar geleeft, dus mijn Nederlands is niet het beste. Ik heb in Almere en later ook nog in Amstelveen gewonnt. Tot ik dan naar Canada verhuisd ben met de hele familie!! Hoest daar in NL?

Groetjes

stunning the GTS in black paint!Nice alcantara inlay seats

Hi Joost,

I am going to eat my words from earlier. Today at our Porsche dealer in Muscat (needed to pay for Porsche desert camp for next week in the wahibas ) I was shown a red GTS parked in the dealers cellar. Beautiful car , very nice sand beige alcantara interior. On the 15th of February the dealership will give a small celebration introducing the GTS. Unfortunately I didn't have my gsm with me to take a picture (I have always my gsm with me and guess what, I left my gsm in the car for charging)

The GTS looks are great and it was the first time I saw the sport design double wing rear spoiler as well I have ordered a combination of the sports design (rear wing) and technology package on my turbo, I am very curious how it all will look.

I asked if the GTS interior (Alcantara) is also available for the turbo, unfortunately not .

Cheers,

Mark

That's the way it should have looked from the beginning, very nice.

Quote:
    Markdsv said:
    Hi Joost,

I am going to eat my words from earlier. Today at our Porsche dealer in Muscat (needed to pay for Porsche desert camp for next week in the wahibas ) I was shown a red GTS parked in the dealers cellar. Beautiful car , very nice sand beige alcantara interior. On the 15th of February the dealership will give a small celebration introducing the GTS. Unfortunately I didn't have my gsm with me to take a picture (I have always my gsm with me and guess what, I left my gsm in the car for charging)

The GTS looks are great and it was the first time I saw the sport design double wing rear spoiler as well I have ordered a combination of the sports design (rear wing) and technology package on my turbo, I am very curious how it all will look.

I asked if the GTS interior (Alcantara) is also available for the turbo, unfortunately not .

Cheers,

Mark

loading up a GTS with the auto tranny doesn't make sense as the Turbo is just about the same price and BETTER!

smart move to stick with the turbo!

Quote:
    CPA4S said:

loading up a GTS with the auto tranny doesn't make sense as the Turbo is just about the same price and BETTER!

smart move to stick with the turbo!

Indeed, thought about the GTS but as I want an automatic as well as air suspension the GTS gets very close to the turbo. (Also both options would have defited the purpose for the GTS as well)

Only 3 months to go

Cheers,

Mark

Hi
    I'm new to this forum. I order a GTS for an April delivery and the bi-plane roof spoiler is an option on the GTS. I thought that it came stock, but you have to request it. So there are GTS's out there with the normal rear spoiler, and unfortunately my GTS already has come out of the body shop in Germany and is too late to change.

Friend of mine is picking his up today. they are being delivered

Hi Pasman, welcome to the forum !!! I ordered the CTT with the sports design wing (bi-plane roof spoiler) I was told that this would come standard on the GTS ! The two GTS's I have seen had both the bi-plane roof spoiler.

I have the lower plane spray painted silver, I think this would look nice to spice up my dark olive green car

Hi Markdsv
    Thanks for the welcome. I hope your right. I think the bi-plane spoiler looks much more aggressive. Although, checking youtube.com videos, I have noticed one video that had a Nordic Gold GTS with a regular spoiler...? Maybe the difference is where the destination of the country where the vehicle is being shipped to? Ordered a basalt black with black interior as that is what I have on my "S" and wasn't sure that it would look good as I like the way the silver accents contrast with the black. But after seeing in a photo listed above in this blog, I love it! Can't wait to get it now....

Hi Pasman,

I am sure the GTS in basalt black will look very good. I haven't seen here any GTS's apart from the red and gold once. The idea of painting the 'mid rib' of the bi plane spoiler came from a basalt black CTT. The CTT has also the mirrors painted silver, looked pretty good as well (not sure if I would paint the mirrors).

So yours is April delivery as well, I cannot wait to get my CTT! (nothing wrong with the X5 but..........)

Cheers,

Mark

He're some pics of my recent test drive with the new GTS, immediately after the presentation. I've ordered the GTS, in meteorgrau for delivery in April.

Here y' can see the bi-plane roof spoiler. For me, it looks ok.

Markdsv the rear spoiler painted silver should look really cool and will make it pop! I don't think I would paint the mirrors either....Nice subtle accent.

Hey Conny997
    What did you think of the test drive? I have not driven any of the new Cayennes. I have '04 "S" and love driving it. Now with the extra HP it should be an incredible drive!

Markdsv, I meant to say that the silver paint on the rear spoiler is a nice subtle accent.
    Conny997, Congrats on your new purchase!

Quote:
    pasman said:
    Markdsv, I meant to say that the silver paint on the rear spoiler is a nice subtle accent.
    Conny997, Congrats on your new purchase!

thanks for your congrats.

My impression of the new GTS:
    Comparatively more "sporty", than stock , or S-Series.
    More direct steering and a feeling more close to the street.
    Together with PDDC are astonishing speeds into curves reachable, without the danger to fall out of the seats
    These depends not at least on sports seats, they offer a comfortable lead, but still plenty of restcomfort.

The question is whether the properties as described, in an SUV is needed ..
    Answer: No, of course not.

But for me, the GTS offres a lot of fun and it pointed my current needs in this segment fairly well, that's why I ordered the GTS.

Attached a pic from a unknown source. But it shows you my chosen configuration.

Quote:
    pasman said:
    Markdsv the rear spoiler painted silver should look really cool and will make it pop! I don't think I would paint the mirrors either....Nice subtle accent.

Hi Pasman,

Looking at the pictures it is actually the middle bit what is painted silver and as you said as well I think it looks nice. We have a track day next week and usually the CTT are turning up as well. I will take a picture of the two tone bi plane roof spoiler if the gentlemen attends.

Is see more and more GTS's bought in other than the two dedicated model colors. I have seen both in real life and the red as well as goldish are really nice. I think the GTS is even more desirable if you buy it in the designated colors (My opinion of course)

Conny, very nice color! You wrote whether performance is needed in an suv. I think so. I rock climb, ski, mtn. bike, golf etc. and to haul that gear around takes an suv. I love 911's since I was a little kid and always wanted one, but if you're active and want a performance auto, I think the Cayenne is the only way to go. I'm sure all the 911 guys will disagree.

Hey Mark
    I didn't care for the red or nordic gold all that much.
    For the record, I do think that the green that you chose for you turbo is a great color. I never would have considered it, but after seeing the pics that you had, it looks really nice.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 12:10 PM
    Enmanuel
    802779 1805
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448434 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265960 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89970 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6445 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885454 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832500 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM