Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche's four-door future...

And here is the biggest rival of the Panamera IMO

Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Best 4 door ever.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Best 4 door ever.

It's not only the biggest, it's also the best lookting.

Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Without doubt a very stupid question, but what car is that?? Seems like some sort of Aston Martin, I suppose it is a prototype then?

PS: It does look stunning!

AM Rapide.

All AMs look exactly the same. Family resemblance carried too far IMO. The Rapide is just a stretched clone of the DB7/9/vantage/vanguish. I know that AM was recently sold/bought for the tenth time or so, and I wonder who the next unlucky owner will be. Porsche on the other hand enjoy an uninterrrupted appeal for 50 years all over the world and for all the great variety of models they have produced since 1948, even the Cayenne. The appeal of AM is limited to gentlemen and aristocrats in GB and to James Bond wannabes. In conclusion, the Rapide will be another limited appeal "gentleman's car" whereas Panamera will be a hit from USA to Europe to Middle East to Russia and China. The only good thing about AM is this Dr. Bez guy who is german and has good Porsche genes.

The Rapide clearly shows that nothing has advanced since Henrik Frisker left the building. The Rapide doesn't look very fresh and is nothing but a DB9 with two extra doors. A complete bore, they have even changed the tail lights a bit.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    The Rapide clearly shows that nothing has advanced since Henrik Frisker leaved the building. The Rapide doesn't look very fresh and is nothing but a DB9 with two extra doors. A complete bore, they have even changed the tail lights a bit.

Very well said!

I agree.

I also agree, I never understand why people went gaga over the vantageV8 when it was pretty much the same design as the Db9

Quote:
    palenimbus said:
    I also agree, I never understand why people went gaga over the vantageV8 when it was pretty much the same design as the Db9

That's easy: simply because the DB9 is one of the best designs ever. So the V8 Vantage - though looking very, very similiar to the DB9 - is also one of the best designs ever.

Of course that's mainly good news for V8 Vantage drivers and not so much for the DB9 owners.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    The Rapide clearly shows that nothing has advanced since Henrik Frisker left the building. The Rapide doesn't look very fresh and is nothing but a DB9 with two extra doors. A complete bore, they have even changed the tail lights a bit.

The platform they used is called the VH, for vertical and horizontal.

It means they can chop the DB9 in half, add of subtract length to do the 'horizontal' part.
    For the 'vertical' part, they chop the roof off for convertibles and for the future, ADD more metal between the roof and body for a SUV

Notice in all variations the front and tail stays the same, hence the reason why all the AM looks the same.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    All AMs look exactly the same. Family resemblance carried too far IMO. The Rapide is just a stretched clone of the DB7/9/vantage/vanguish. I know that AM was recently sold/bought for the tenth time or so, and I wonder who the next unlucky owner will be. Porsche on the other hand enjoy an uninterrrupted appeal for 50 years all over the world and for all the great variety of models they have produced since 1948, even the Cayenne. The appeal of AM is limited to gentlemen and aristocrats in GB and to James Bond wannabes. In conclusion, the Rapide will be another limited appeal "gentleman's car" whereas Panamera will be a hit from USA to Europe to Middle East to Russia and China. The only good thing about AM is this Dr. Bez guy who is german and has good Porsche genes.

Do you own a Porsche? If so, next time take a long look at it and see if it reminds you of other Porsche's.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:

Do you own a Porsche? If so, next time take a long look at it and see if it reminds you of other Porsche's.

Nick, that's not the point. Certainly, there is resemblance among models within the make of any automotive manufacturer. But I think most people can tell the difference between a Boxster, 911, CGT, and Cayenne, without having to squint. Don't you agree? I can't tell the difference between the DB9/Vantage/Vanquish by looking at the photos without having to really look hard. The photos have to be side by side. And, I certainly can't spot one on the road and be able to tell which model is which.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Best 4 door ever.

And worst ever, too.

Interesting!

very interesting....

I don't like this grey plastic (vulkan grey or something) they also use on the sports cars. Cayenne dash is better looking IMO.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    I don't like this grey plastic (vulkan grey or something) they also use on the sports cars. Cayenne dash is better looking IMO.

+1

+2

Re: New Porsche Panamera (4 door sedan) Rumours

Some more pictures of the Aston Martin Rapide...the strongest rival of the Panamera.

Did we have these pics here already? (from "autozeitung")

more...

more...

With each new picture the Panamera looks better and better. Maybe it will turn out not as spectacular in the detailing as the AM Rapide. But Panamera's proportions seem better than those of the AM which is an over-stretched Aston generic shape.Porsches have never been spectacular or extravagant and in vogue. "Funktion", substance and timeless shapes characterise most of them.

more...

and last... (find the only good looking car )

Quote:
    reginos said:
    With each new picture the Panamera looks better and better. Maybe it will turn out not as spectacular in the detailing as the AM Rapide. But Panamera's proportions seem better than those of the AM which is an over-stretched Aston generic shape.Porsches have never been spectacular or extravagant and in vogue. "Funktion", substance and timeless shapes characterise most of them.

The Rapide will be a little dated by the time the car reaches the dealerships, the design is 5 old. The Panamera will not only look stunning but offer ground breaking performance. Once it's out everyone will be bowing infront of the Porsche head quarters. I hope the ugly masking tape on the tail lights will come off soon, as well as all the other fake panels making the car look weird. I'm really looking forward to this car and it will THE car to have next year.

It's like a fully grown alligator ready to eat the M5, C53 and RS4.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688773 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408802 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234824 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65420 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857664 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773545 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM