Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Any untiltled Carrera GT's out there (USA)

Just a feeler, does anyone know of delivery mileage CGT's in the USA that have not been previously titled?

Model year 05 is a must, silver/black/red/white flexible on colours, black (grey) interior preferred.

The best I could find was a 22 mile one that had been titled by the dealership apparently.

Please do not contact me, please respond to this thread. I am not interested in pre-owned cars.

Thanks.
    Tom

Re: Any untiltled Carrera GT's out there (USA)

where is the one you found?

I think it's a good move.

Porsche naysayers are always talking about the missing wow factor with Porsches and how the rivals in the Ferrari or Lamborghini ranges are more exhilarating etc.

IMO the CGT has that wow factor in abundance... even if the GT2 may now slightly outdo it in performance IMO, the king is still the CGT since it really is something very special.

The CGT is the best sportscar on the road bar none imo (just as the 928 was the best in its' day - mid-80's) and should have been another model line instead of a one-off. I have posted a pic on here before of a black one.

There was a comment by a 360 CS owner recently on the f-car forum;

"I agree the 430S will be great on the track. But with a CS already filling my quota for a 'raw' ferrari, I can't get that hyped for the supposed 'value added' I'd get with a 430S > 360CS. Oh, and then there's that pesky reality called a 'budget constraint' ... "Excuse me, $175K trade in for my CS towards $300K for a 430S?" On the other hand, all I have to do is stand beside a Carerra GT and I begin shaking and salivating like a crazy man. In a highly spirited drive up a mountain with long stretches and hairpin turns, my CS was humbled by the thunder of a CGT overtaking me. And when a race car driver took me for a 'spin' in a CGT on a short track with twisties galore, I just held on, stomach lurching, as if in a space age roller coaster."

Porsche there is no substitute

Here are the two CGT's one is the lowest mileage one in the country apparently.

They are mislabled as boxsters, but the price gives it away.

Direct Link (too long, so shortened)

http://tinyurl.com/2sts9j Just hit refresh when it tells you.

If that doesn't work go here:

Dealer page:
    http://www.bluegrassauto.com
    Porsche section, pre-owned, sort by 2004/2005 model year, or price.

If anyone is interested, please contact Mr. Jeremy B. Carrier a very helpful gentleman who gave me plenty of info on the cars.

I am still a bit on the fence, I know this is probably the ultimate car that will be made in a LONG time, but I don't know. For the price I could have a DBS/DB9 AND a GT3RS...

Moogle, did you testdrive the CGT before?

I had the pleasure and had to say as impressive it is as difficult I would see it for myself. The clutch is awfull, but this is personal taste for me it didnt work!

I understand thant kind of on the fence. Two things to keep in mind:

- its the ultimate Porsche. A DB9/GT3 are just sportscars!
    - you live only once!

have fun deciding!

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    I am still a bit on the fence, I know this is probably the ultimate car that will be made in a LONG time, but I don't know. For the price I could have a DBS/DB9 AND a GT3RS...

I thought I read that they were selling in the mid 300's a while back. Kentucky is near the bottom of the list of places I would expect to find 2 cgt's biding their time.

Anyway, you can only drive 1 car at a time. So if you could swing it financially, why not the best one. The 2 you mentioned are not near a cgt in any category really. watch below at the 1min mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC7I-QaG7z4

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Moogle, did you testdrive the CGT before?

I had the pleasure and had to say as impressive it is as difficult I would see it for myself. The clutch is awfull, but this is personal taste for me it didnt work!

I understand thant kind of on the fence. Two things to keep in mind:

- its the ultimate Porsche. A DB9/GT3 are just sportscars!
    - you live only once!

have fun deciding!

The CGT is difficult to drive fast or get anywhere near its full potential. However, if you have the driving skills it really has no peer on the road today.

Regarding the CS owner comments comparing the cars, what did he expect? His car has about 200hp less, weighs more and does not have the suspension set up that the CGT has. It is tantamount to going into a boxing ring and fighting with one arm tied behind your back.

its a very difficult situation/dilemma, seriously I cant answer if I would go "only" for a cgt, or instead a: DB9, GT3RS etc...

Its just something very difficult to decide, but would love to be in that position sometime

GD Moogle !!!! , I cant decide, seriously!!!

Quote:
    nberry said:

Regarding the CS owner comments comparing the cars, what did he expect? His car has about 200hp less, weighs more and does not have the suspension set up that the CGT has. It is tantamount to going into a boxing ring and fighting with one arm tied behind your back.

Or, put another way, like a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest...

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Or, put another way, like a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest...

That will go into my file.

The issue is that I find myself carless having recently moved to NYC from nearby Connecticut suburbs and selling my former cars.. It would cost alot to buy the CGT and ANOTHER car because no one can use the CGT as a daily here. I would have jumped on this a year or two ago and I can't quite justify buying a car that I would barely be able to drive.

I do plan to move to Cali or out of the city within 2-3 years...

Thanks for everyones input.

I'd say that decision should correspond with your lifestyle. I personally would choose a daily driver and a nice car for the weekend, if your housing situation permits.

Apart from that the CGT should, in my eyes, be used in limited doses since it is more of an collector's item as the 959 or GT1 used to be. That said it might take a bit more time to sell it again, don't you think? If it is just for the joy itself and not intended to be seen as a collector's item take something different.

Just my 02 cents!

I found one!!!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...amp;cardist=202

it's in Jersey too, so it's not far away from you.

Wowzers, thanks Andy.

Get it moogle, but unfortunately it looks best in black by far.

I recently purchased a #1082/1240 MY05 with 600 miles on it for $395K. It is a US car. I also looked at a German car with less than 100km and has never been titled. The dealer wanted $480K. It is a 2006. The story is that Porsche made this new CGT after the first car was completely distroyed. This new car use same CGT seriel and VIN numbers as distroyed car. The guy emailed me letter from Porsche to prove it. If you are interested I can get you in touch but not sure if it still available.

As per my CGT, it is out of this world. I have owned 996 GT3, 996TT, 360CS, 599. I must say this one is nothing like any of my previous. I also have a german technician reprogram my ECU to 630-640HP. Regular CGT on a dyno is 580hp at best. He also reprogrmed the clutch (1st gear). What a different does it made. The car is driveable in the city traffic! Also the response at 250-300KPH is unbelieveable. Endless power. My red line is now 8800.

Next to change the shock for more forgiving. The stroke is too short i.e. not forgiving in a bumppy road. Add 20-30mn will allow longer stroke. It is SACHS OEM.

Quote:
    witto said:
    I recently purchased a #1082/1240 MY05 with 600 miles on it for $395K. It is a US car. I also looked at a German car with less than 100km and has never been titled. The dealer wanted $480K. It is a 2006. The story is that Porsche made this new CGT after the first car was completely distroyed. This new car use same CGT seriel and VIN numbers as distroyed car. The guy emailed me letter from Porsche to prove it. If you are interested I can get you in touch but not sure if it still available.

As per my CGT, it is out of this world. I have owned 996 GT3, 996TT, 360CS, 599. I must say this one is nothing like any of my previous. I also have a german technician reprogram my ECU to 630-640HP. Regular CGT on a dyno is 580hp at best. He also reprogrmed the clutch (1st gear). What a different does it made. The car is driveable in the city traffic! Also the response at 250-300KPH is unbelieveable. Endless power. My red line is now 8800.

Next to change the shock for more forgiving. The stroke is too short i.e. not forgiving in a bumppy road. Add 20-30mn will allow longer stroke. It is SACHS OEM.

This stock one seemed to make its ~612PS easily enough
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJteUH_ijHg
    Can you tell us a bit more about the ECU re-program for the clutch -are there any downsides and why did/do the factory not offer it as retro ? it sounds very interesting

I agreed that 612HP is enough. I am not power hungry. What I like about the car is how it drives.

However, in my case, I had to replace the two ECUs. (CGT has two ECUs). Long story but in a jumpstart attempt, the ECUs were fried. So I decided to put in a Euro 4 program for the new ECUs (vs. old programs like US version and Euro 2). On a dyno, the car was making 580-590hp. My German technician end up retuning it to 630-640hp.

As per the clutch, first all CGT has the same clutch from no 1-1240. Late 2005 model, has reprograming ECU to help with the clutch "problem". My technician end up reprogram the clutch to my liking. I can now driving on 1st gear without pressing the gas paddle. My understanding there is two programs for the car between 0-20kph and 20+. In the old program it is the same for both. My technician promised me that I can drive this car up a shopping mall ramp without stalling it! Not that I will take this car shopping. The differences have to do with torque and rev+gas given to the car. I still have to depress the clutch about half way before the car starts moving. From half way to fully depressed, the car moves smoothly without pressing the gas paddle.

I am not a technical guy, but this is a much better car to drive with the retuning both at 0-20 and 200-300kph. Remember CGT was made for mainly Germany autobahn. Also going back the car was a race car (which never raced), so the clutch and suspension are developed for those purpose not driving in the real world.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763734 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436109 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260864 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257825 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82571 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

875923 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808469 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM