Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

noone1:

News at 11: Porsche tells diehard customer that the competition isn't as good as they claim.

Noone, what's with you? You come off as an envious and jealous disgruntled with life cretin. I can't believe in real life that is your personalty. If it is, you're in need of some serious counseling.

Nick has access to Porsche executives as he well should. WE should consider ourselves fortunate that he shares some of the information with us. Yet, you find cause to attack him for doing so.Smiley

--

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

nberry:
    noone1:

News at 11: Porsche tells diehard customer that the competition isn't as good as they claim.

Noone, what's with you? You come off as an envious and jealous disgruntled with life cretin. I can't believe in real life that is your personalty. If it is, you're in need of some serious counseling.

Nick has access to Porsche executives as he well should. WE should consider ourselves fortunate that he shares some of the information with us. Yet, you find cause to attack him for doing so.Smiley

x2 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

It is all in the delivery... Noone1 and I said the same things... But I wasn’t being an ass about it...

And we are all clearly thankful to Nick to share some if his access and insight. It is people like him with the feedback from us that he reads here that can make Prosche a better company and hopefully they will build the cars many people really want.

nberry:
    noone1:

Not often we agree, but this is one of those times as one agrees with your post.  

nberry:
    noone1:

As scifrog put it, I'm just not as polite about it.

noone1:
    nberry:
    noone1:

As scifrog put it, I'm just not as polite about it.

You just keep on fooling yourself if that is what you want to believe the difference between you and scifrog is...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

SciFrog:

It is all in the delivery... Noone1 and I said the same things... But I wasn’t being an ass about it...

And we are all clearly thankful to Nick to share some if his access and insight. It is people like him with the feedback from us that he reads here that can make Prosche a better company and hopefully they will build the cars many people really want.

The difference being you are older, more seasoned in real life, have better people skills cause you deal with real people instead of a keyboard. 

That's the problem with young kids these days, they are used to being online dealing with a computer screen and have zero skill in dealing with another human being.

--

Whoopsy:

The difference being you are older, more seasoned in real life, have better people skills cause you deal with real people instead of a keyboard. 

That's the problem with young kids these days, they are used to being online dealing with a computer screen and have zero skill in dealing with another human being.

Speaking about keyboard warrior, I hope you are seriously joking about the GT4, Nick Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:
    noone1:

6 pm news. 

The 'diehard' customer is actually one of the few that will tell them straight up in their face their car is shit. 

Something I have done many times already. In fact, I JUST said the same thing to them over lunch this afternoon about the 718. And how shitty the exhaust sound of all their current cars are, none of them are even close to my Aston.

I also gave them an ear full for postponing my GT2RS production from May to Oct. 

Let's just say if I disclose more someone will lose their job because I posted it here. They didn't send an army of personal here, only a few so it's not hard to find out who.

It's easy to be a internet cowboy saying big things on the internet, it's a completely another concept to say the same thing in someone's face. 

Next month we will be heading to Weissach, and THEY will also get an earful from me about my car. On the other hand, we will also be the first non-Porsche personal to drive something special.

Smiley Especially at the risk of good people losing their job because they are honest to customers. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

the first car maker that make a car that will do 0-100 in 1.9 and 400 kmh speed and 1000 km range....it will be my buy, dont care the brand......

--

993 c2

xander71:

the first car maker that make a car that will do 0-100 in 1.9 and 400 kmh speed and 1000 km range....it will be my buy, dont care the brand......

Smiley Smiley 10 years ago, I may have said the same, honestly. 

The R8 ruined me for future cars. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

well, im not talking about cars with all the fun the oil, the gasoline...the revving...etc......they will soon be gone ..thanks god i kept all my oldsport cars and oldtimers.

I'm talking about the future, the automation, the speed in itself.....I guess it will be funo also having a 0-100 in 1.9 sec , that is faster thatn a F1 today I guess.....

I really don't know what to expect from the future...2030...but it seems that we all be driving vans ( SUV) hybrid or full electric and all the rules will put the spped down everywhere even in Germany....so ..if a car ( electric) will be real in the next 5 years with the above prestanda...I will buy it....don't care who will do it..could as well be a Chinese company...

--

993 c2

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Says the guy who willing risks putting someone's job in jeopardy so he can post on a forum.

noone1:
    Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Says the guy who willing risks putting someone's job in jeopardy so he can post on a forum.

Cause some guy with no life wants to challenge me for nothing. And I didn't quite do enough to pin point anyone yet. Plus, I have enough status that I got a length of rope to play with. The difference between the haves and have nots.

We can do this all day every day. Do you have enough time in a day?

--

Who exactly is challenging you and over what? You have a history of posting suspect claims about Tesla and McLaren for some reason...

noone1:

Who exactly is challenging you and over what? You have a history of posting suspect claims about Tesla and McLaren for some reason...

Whatever floats your boat, you have a free mind of your own. I can't and won't put a gun to your head to make you think otherwise.

--

noone1:
    Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

I have to disappoint you, Nick would never do that and like he said, he gets some rope from Porsche and he is clever enough to judge by himself what he can say or what not. He isn't exactly a dumb person if you haven't noticed by now. Smiley So far, nobody has been fired by Porsche because of information unveiled here and we plan to keep it that way.

Oh wait...one woman was fired...the one who took the 992 photo in a scandinavian country during testing and sent it to a relative, who posted it. Smiley Now you guys know what happened. She was fired for a reason and Porsche had all the right to do that.

--

noone1:

Exactly...for some reason...

--

So the reason he said Teslas can't launch reliably a few times in a row is...?

noone1:

Technical limitations? Bad technical design? Or maybe just a way to avoid emptying/"damaging" the battery and/or drivetrain? Many reasons. 

--

Out of interest, are there any other instances of charging faults or the like out there which might warrant my concern about charging a car overnight in my garage (which is under one of the bedrooms)?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-43737982

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

RC:
    noone1:

Technical limitations? Bad technical design? Or maybe just a way to avoid emptying/"damaging" the battery and/or drivetrain? Many reasons. 

Except we already know that they can, as has been stated many times by owners.

noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:

Except we already know that they can, as has been stated many times by owners.

Surprisingly, mostly owners in the US and other speed limited countries. Smiley

Oh well...  http://www.thedrive.com/news/6910/tesla-may-reduce-vehicle-power-after-too-many-ludicrous-mode-engagements

Also:  https://electrek.co/2017/01/17/tesla-walks-back-all-software-performance-reductions-max-power/ I don't believe a word what Tesla said because German AMS tested a latest MY car and it still reduced power.

--

So 600+ launches. How many times have you launched your R8 since you've owned it in the last 2 years? 20? 30?

Just message the guy from Dragtimes if you think there is something fishy going on this. This guy constantly drag races, has owned every Tesla, owns plenty of cars like the 720S, new Ford GT, etc. I'm more inclined to believe him than anyone else.

noone1:

So 600+ launches. How many times have you launched your R8 since you've owned it in the last 2 years? 20? 30?

Just message the guy from Dragtimes if you think there is something fishy going on this. This guy constantly drag races, has owned every Tesla, owns plenty of cars like the 720S, new Ford GT, etc. I'm more inclined to believe him than anyone else.

You know that the Tesla S battery needs a certain temperature to be able to engage ludicrous mode, right? Smiley

--

I have never used the launch mode on any car car I have ever owned...

RC:
    noone1:

You know that the Tesla S battery needs a certain temperature to be able to engage ludicrous mode, right? Smiley

How about you just ask Dragtimes rather than watch some Chris Harris video?

SciFrog:

I have never used the launch mode on any car car I have ever owned...

This is not exactly launch mode, it is a way to achieve maximum performance and I agree, I never use this stuff either. 

My mechanic was surprised that my car had only five launch control starts (actually, I did only one Smiley...so the others must have happened before I got the car from the dealer, the downside of getting a used demo car), he "read" them in the ECU when I had the car serviced last time at around 20000 km. Usually, most cars at 20000 km have a couple of dozens of launch control starts, sometimes even a couple of hundreds (very rare though according to him).

--

noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:

Isn't Dragtimes somewhere in Florida? Not exactly a place with lower temperatures... Smiley

--

RC:
    noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:

Isn't Dragtimes somewhere in Florida? Not exactly a place with lower temperatures... Smiley

Precisely, and his car still does as expected over and over.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688627 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408727 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255528 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234797 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65399 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857592 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773412 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM