Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: MotoGP

JoeRockhead:

Perfect:

http://i.imgur.com/ftNodX5.gifv

It's hypnotizing, these guys are aliens.
    --

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Well, despite the problems with F1, the upside of this weekend for us is the start of a new season of MotoGP.. devil

Lorenzo takes pole in Qatar tomorrow with an all Spanish front row - followed by an all Italian 2nd row...

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/03/19/perfect-start-to-title-defence-for-lorenzo-with-qatar-pole/195937?utm_source=newsletter...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

I'm excited for the new season, especially after the drama at the end of last year!  Do you know if the BBC going to have the races available on their iPlayer website?  If they are, then I won't pay the $150+ (USD) for the MotoGP online package.

Not sure about the BBC Adam - not since 'BT Sports' took over TV coverage rights in the UK  - anyone else know??

--

Actually it's like $110 USD for the online package (the more expensive one has a lot of unnecessary stuff that I don't need).  I may just bite the bullet.  wink

Great race of all four riders, JL took his chance and got away with it!

AI did a great move at the begin of the last lap by overtaking MM, I'm sorry for VR that he couldn't catch cheating-MM...

I guess this season will be great again and hopefully this time the WC will be "chosen" fair & square without Spanish boundaries :-P

GO VALE!!!

Actually I thought this to be one of the more boring races of recent times. Could be that the new Michelin tyres will take some getting used to..yes

The Ducati's 10mph advantage on the straight was impressive on lap 3, but then it became almost a procession with JL never looking like being caught.  After Iannone crashed out and MM made one move on Dovi - it was pretty much 'as you were' for the entire race. Rossi didn't even get close to an overtake!

Maybe this is just a one-off (at Qatar) and things will hot up soon - certainly hope so...!

--

I was looking forward to the race a lot! It did deliver, but not quite as much as I had hoped.
    The topspeed of the ducatis made it almost impossible; the other guys needed the entire lap to catch up again, leaving them almost no opportunity to set the bike up for over taking. I had expected Vale and Marc to have put up a bit more of a fight, but I suppose we'll see that develop during the season. All in all a nice first race.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Casey Stoner needs to come back...

Argentina tomorrow...

Marquez, Lorenzo and Rossi all on the front row - should be a cracker...blush

--

What an exciting race today! Really enjoyed it and was on the edge of my seat for the entire duration.

Go Go Go Marquezzzzz!!!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Memorable round. Had some ties to Ducati earlier.

Expect some vivid talks at Borgo Panigale about the incident. 

Fantastic race, considering the Michelin tyre induced change to two races of 10 laps, causing bikes to be changed mid-way through.

Special mention for Ireland's Eugene Laverty - not only the lead independant, but 4th overall! 

Current standings after two races...

MotoGP World Championship Standings 2016
    Pos. Rider Team Points
    1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda 41
    2 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha 33
    3 Dani PEDROSA Honda 27
    4 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha 25
    5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati 23
    6 Pol ESPARGARO Yamaha 19
    7 Hector BARBERA Ducati 18
    8 Eugene LAVERTY Ducati 17
    9 Bradley SMITH Yamaha 16
    10 Maverick VIÑALES Suzuki 10
    11 Aleix ESPARGARO Suzuki 10
    12 Alvaro BAUTISTA Aprilia 9
    13 Stefan BRADL Aprilia 9
    14 Tito RABAT Honda 8
    15 Scott REDDING Ducati 6
    16 Michele PIRRO Ducati 4
    17 Jack MILLER Honda 2

--

Nice race, so sad the 2 ducatis was auto eliminated by iannone..... Soo stupid move!!!!!

--

993 c2

Missed the Texas round due to holidays, but not too serious - an MM 'walk-over' and VR down on lap two!!! surprise

Today at Jerez has started brilliantly with a superb Moto3 race..kiss - Brad Binder had been relegated to start last on the grid, but came right through the field to win his first GP.  Also 16 year-old, Niccolo Bulega, became the youngest pole sitter by finishing 2nd following a great double pass on the final lap..

All bodes well for the main event with VR on pole and MM at odds with his Honda! - can't wait...

http://www.motorsport.com/moto3/news/jerez-moto3-binder-gets-first-win-after-miracle-comeback-from-last-689854/  

--

Well, not the most exciting race ever, but it was good to see VR lead from start to finish putting JL & MM firmly in their place!

Who will replace Lorenzo at Yamaha when he moves to Ducati next season?

--

MV will join VR, anything else wouldn't make sense for Yamaha!

JL99 showed very bad sportmanship in his interview after the race, claiming that without wheelspin he'd have won easily with a big margin as he couldn't open the throttle only by 80%!?

All other riders had the same issues, tyre degradation was the main problem so far in that season with Michelin, but the "to be made WC16 thanks to MM93" couldn't acknoledge VR's superior work & pace in that race... :-(

hopefully DP will be riding soon better and we'll see a close & FAIR championship season!

Lord_Driftalot:

MV will join VR, anything else wouldn't make sense for Yamaha!

JL99 showed very bad sportmanship in his interview after the race, claiming that without wheelspin he'd have won easily with a big margin as he couldn't open the throttle only by 80%!?

All other riders had the same issues, tyre degradation was the main problem so far in that season with Michelin, but the "to be made WC16 thanks to MM93" couldn't acknoledge VR's superior work & pace in that race... :-(

hopefully DP will be riding soon better and we'll see a close & FAIR championship season!

You are right, had the same on mind after hearing him yesterday.

Little bit boring race as they had to conserve the tires - reminded me little bit to formula 1.

--

AM

The fake races starts again, vr must win his 10 wc so he will have as usually special tyres!

old story, but its the situation today!

forza ducati forever

--

993 c2

@xander71

-1, ridiculous post

If you know something about motogp, and i mean from the inside, then  you know this is true. Did you see that all riders had spinning problems and was 1 sec slower than the practice, !!!! All but not vr ??? If you see the times and the race and the behaviour of the back wheels of all riders dont you ask yourself why????

i tell you this because here in bologna there is the ducati factory and a lot of friends are working with the motogp. The reason why stoner quitted motogp????? Because of the shit that dorna is.....

sad but true

--

993 c2

Lord_Driftalot:

@xander71

-1, ridiculous post

Totally agree!!

Xander - If that were true - Why didn't Dorna make sure that VR won his 10th title last season??

You need some serious proof to make that sort of allegation stick...! Smiley

--

Ok guys it sounds strange I know.

But the Motogp is 90 % Rossi so they need to keep him in business as long as they can. Last year he did loose it and Lorenzo did NOT win it, that is the difference, if you follow the motogp and the races in every detail there is a lot of thing that looks strange. Last year if you remember Rossi did wait mm and make sure he got out of the track, he did just got a penality to start last on the grid, while you should have to give him black flag! but it did not happen, and the decision just came out later on in order to give him the last chance to win the 10wc. Do you remember Yamaha prohibiting Lorenzo to show is funny sign "wanted 4 in a row"???? where he said something about the tyres??

there is so many things to argue... I just say that here in Italy you have the Rossi fan and the ones who loves motogp, and it is so clear to all of us what is happening that its not sporty!

Ok we Ducati fan don't like Rossi since he always complained about the bike ( when he arrived in Ducati Stoner won the last 3 gp with that bike..he was 1 to 2  sec slower than Stoner on the same bike!!!!!!!!)

Dorna loves Rossi and not the spanish riders as much , because non of the others is a showman like Rossi and you need to sell audience , which only ROssi can do......

--

993 c2

xander71:

But the Motogp is 90 % Rossi so they need to keep him in business as long as they can.

Unfortunately that is a fact. It happens in sports were a single personality or a team grabs the limelight in a sport for very long and the money the sport generates for the organisation ends up revolving around him or that team, and they have to be favored and babied for the good of the "sport organisation" that runs the sport. In motoGP this is Rossi and still is. It happened with Ferrari and Schummacher for a time. Its just business.

That said Rossi's influence in MotoGP is coming to an end, give it a couple more years and it will start to die off as it will become more and more difficult to pull results and victories, he is not fast anymore, not at least as fast as the top drivers which are on another level, his time has passed.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

@xander71

Some of your posts might be true, but regarding the last race ALL drivers - even VR46 - where way slower in the race than in qualifying/ practice!

This VR/MM clash has been discussed heavyly worldwide and the opinions to it are split. I think we can close that book, although being a hardcore VR-fanboy fore very long time I didn't appreciate that action at all, very bad sportmanship but on the other hand MM interfered "for nothing" and destroyed a '"fantastic season" :-(

So you realy think that he has got better tyres/ material than Lorenzina or all others?

Do you realy think that they increased tyre pressure to "keep DP slow"?

You also think that Dorna wants to stop Ducati from winning? I don't think that AUDI would ever accept that...

@CoS

VR is still one of the fastest Moto GP riders out there and it's fantastic to see for how many years he could keep up that level so far.

Let's see what will happen to MM or JL in the next years to come. I don't remember VR ever falling so often from the bike than these two guys.

I guess (and hope) that he'll win more than GA (>122 victories), your fellow country men will never ever be close to that number...

+1  - Very well said.. kiss

--

Hell of a way to finish a race! angel

http://i.imgur.com/wndrXDq.gifv

Incredible..!!  angel

--

Jorge Lorenzo destroyed the lap record to start on pole for tomorrow's Le Mans GP...

Marquez starts 2nd with Iannone 3rd, which means three different manufacturers make up the front row.  Rossi was way off the pace and starts 7th..!!

Lorenzo's pole winning lap.... http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2016/05/07/lorenzo-s-pole-winning-lap/200474

--

@xander71

you were damn right, Dorna & Co are really doing everything in order thar VR46 will secure his 10th title!!

And Ducati, JL & MM will be without any chance in the race against THE DOCTOR...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM