Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

'09 Corvette ZR-1 revealed

More info here

Preliminary Specs

Images

Re: '09 Corvette ZR-1 revealed

My favorite color and view .

620 horses, 823 Nm , carbon ceramic brakes...

That looks quite impressive!

We need to see if the performance is also in par with other supersports cars too.

But for 100k I think GM has done well done job.

Rossi,
    For you is only Euro 69,500.00 .

woa nice pic.. but chrome rims??? really....

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Rossi,
    For you is only Euro 69,500.00 .

Fantastic, can I have two then?

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

Easiest thing to change...

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

Chromed wheels and enhanced interior/electronics package are the only two options .
    BTW, check out a Ferrari F430 board - there are some " discussions " regarding it's std painted wheels and the optional ball-finished ( read " shiny " ) wheels .

Very impressive. I just wish they would have fitted a bigger fuel tank. With that engine it'll be no problem at all using up that 18 gal in minutes.

Well, it's not like it'll get 5mpg... The Z06 is rated something like 16/21mpg (new EPA system, not old and unrealistic one), and many actually see 25+mpg on highway... Maybe this will get a bit worse, but nothing as bad as an M5, an M6, or any Ferrari's or Lambo's for that matter.

Large displacement doesn't always translate to a gas guzzler

Take care,

Geoff

P.S.: Of course if you keep the pedal to the metal, then yeah it'll drink that tank faster than you can say "hello"

BTW, push a button and this is what happens when the ZR1's polycarbonate supercharger cover retracts :

I think it is slightly overdone with all the aerodynamic add-ons.

This car looks the business. I want to hear how it sounds.

You guys have to take a closer look at the intake.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    620 horses, 823 Nm , carbon ceramic brakes...

That looks quite impressive!

If the EU(or German) price will be in 90K Euro range I will buy one.

It is most serious competitor for 997 GT2 and 430 Scud IMHO.

Nice car and i think also pretty fast but i do not know if i would buy one.
    I need to test it first

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    My favorite color and view .

Mine too

Holy mother of is all I can say.
    If only Chevrolet would make a interior worth 100k

All the pics in different sizes:
    http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2008-corvette_zr1/

Screw you:

As a Z06 owner, I am fascinated, BUT if the specs are accurate, I am slightly disappointed by the curb weight of 3,350lbs. I was expecting more power, but I was also expecting LESS weight, not more. The Z06 weights in around 3,150, so I am not sure how this thing can weight more with even more carbon fiber and ceramic brakes?

The article states..."approximately 3350"...we shall see!

All that hoopla and no proper sport seats? I'm sure they could of sourced Sparco or Recaro for some seats specific to the ZR1 if they got PS2 tires from Michelen "specifically" designed for the ZR1.

This car is more luxurious (not less) than the Z06. It's very strange. Reminds me of the Mercedes SLR - neither fish nor fowl...

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    All that hoopla and no proper sport seats? I'm sure they could of sourced Sparco or Recaro for some seats specific to the ZR1 if they got PS2 tires from Michelen "specifically" designed for the ZR1.

I was at a gathering which included chief engineer Dave Hill back in 1998 when everyone complained about the rather " flabby " seat bottoms and side bolsters on the C5 seats ( and still exists today through this ZR1) compared to the firm , bolstered Porsche -like seat on Covettes in the late 80s /early 90s. He explained that because of recent side impact safety stds, the seat well is so narrow now, that they had to install " squishy " seats so that bigger ( read: fat asssed ) buyers could squash down and still drive the car. So it's not like they aren't aware of what they put in their cars and what people gripe about.It's not as if at the Corvette price point they will give you three seat width choices like on a Ferrari.

And he said club racers always put in their own favorite seat , anyway.

True. That's why U.S. won't get any bucket seats right out of factory due to DOT laws. It can be retrofitted later though.

Unfortunately ZR1 might have some negative aspects as well:

1. It's probably so powerful it destroys it's own powertrain (but only if it's faster than proper european competitors)

2. It doesn't have decent feel towards driver when you drive it (especially if it's faster than european competitors)

3. It's too cheaply made (especially if european competitors are more expensive)

4. It's not in the same league than proper european supercars (especially if it's as fast as they are)

5. It's not for everyday driving (especially if european competitors are slower)

6. It's ugly (you decide)

7. It's too low for everyday driving (so please drive Toyota instead)

8. It does not look like a Ferrari (It isn't one either, so why bother)

9. It does not have a quality feel and presence like Porsche (But isn't that great!)

10. I wouldn't waste my money on anything as cheap as ZR1 (Well, fair argument, I have nothing to complain, so please buy a supercar instead)

Quote:
    Pekka_Perkeles said:

1. It's probably so powerful it destroys it's own powertrain (but only if it's faster than proper european competitors)

2. It doesn't have decent feel towards driver when you drive it (especially if it's faster than european competitors)

3. It's too cheaply made (especially if european competitors are more expensive)

4. It's not in the same league than proper european supercars (especially if it's as fast as they are)

5. It's not for everyday driving (especially if european competitors are slower)

9. It does not have a quality feel and presence like Porsche (But isn't that great!)

10. I wouldn't waste my money on anything as cheap as ZR1 (Well, fair argument, I have nothing to complain, so please buy a supercar instead)

You've hit the nail on the head! Yes, the whole of Rennteam agrees - it will be a spectacular piece of s*it !

[/sarcasm]

Quote:
    You've hit the nail on the head! Yes, the whole of Rennteam agrees - it will be a spectacular piece of s*it !

[/sarcasm]

I guess everyone noticed that my post was just for fun, but for those that own Corvette, I'd like to point out that I also own C5 Z06. Anyway, it's always fun to discuss american cars in non-american forums. ;-)

- I wouldn't be so quick with that. GM produces reliavble engines and has run the the LS9 engine to over 100 hours so far at "WOT" (wide open throttle) testing and 6800 dyno hours. All GM engines are certified to 100k miles. All GM engine are usually in a "mild" state of tune for Emission purposes. For instance, the LS7 in the current Z06 is rated at 505 SAE hp, with a good tune only the power usually is raised roughly 30-40hp.

- The ZR1 comes with the MSRC (Magnetic Select Ride Control) for it's suspension. This is made by Dephi, a US company and Ferrari currently licenses this technology on its 599GTB model, so it can't be that shabby. The MRSC suspension will offer comfort and track settings.

- That is a subjective comment. Rattles and interior noises are not common on current Z06's and Corvettes. The ZR1 will is engineered to go to 100k miles with no issues. This includes track time, of course comsumables will need replacing. The ZR1 is not stripped model, it will still have luxury and offer a upgraded leather package for the interior as an option, nav, HUD (heads up display), etc.

- You may be right, it may surpass most European supercars.

- Wrong, see #2.

- As with everything, customizing is always an option. Something European customers may not be used to. American Tuner packages can often be MUCH less expensive. Sometimes 1/4 the price of say upgrading a Ferrari while offering no decrease in driviability and reliability.

- ? Okay, raise it if fear consumes you.

- Some people love Blondes, some Brunettes. The more you limit your perceptions of what is "perfect", the more you will miss out on what Life has to offer. Btw, ferrari doesn't style most of their cars, so give credit to the Design House, not Ferrari. Yes, the ZR1 has a some odd styling elements like the hood, but the aftermarket will respond quickly with other options.

- ?, Subjective.

- See #8.

The ZO6 was already loosing some bhps in smoke, right?

I mean, it's not just about the numbers. I absolutly hate spec sheets. They tell you nothing about the car or how fast it really is. It could say 200 bhp or 2,000, it doesn't matter that much IMHO.

I'm so tired to hear people getting exited just with numbers.

Quote:
    amazon said:

I mean, it's not just about the numbers. I absolutly hate spec sheets. They tell you nothing about the car or how fast it really is. It could say 200 bhp or 2,000, it doesn't matter that much IMHO.

Exactly right.

The GT-R dispels the myth of needing super high hp and low weight for superior preformance.

Quote:
    amazon said:

Not sure what the comment about the Z06 loosing hp in smoke means? The Z06 regularly dyno's in the 440 to 460 range stock, and that is via a chassis dyno meaning threw the drivetrain. The engine is at 505 hp.

As for the numbers, that is all we have so far on the new ZR1. Expect some performance stat's early next year. Maybe a N-Ring time soon.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691078 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410189 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256238 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858840 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775134 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM