Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Resale value rankings.

Two questions to the moderators of Rennteam:
    1) If Nick isn't trolling in your opinion, please explain to me what you consider trolling.
    2) If Nick's behaviour is acceptable in your book, what exactly will a member have to do to get banned?

It seems to me that you threaten to ban members who react strongly to a person who deliberately and repeatedly provokes others for the sake of provoking - instead of warning/banning the souce of the provocation.

RC may own and run Rennteam. But without its loyal members Rennteam is just another forum.
    We are quite a few loyal "senior" members who do NOT troll and do NOT need to provoke everyone else to get a kick. How about taking our views into consideration instead of going so much out of your way to protect and keep a member, who at the end of the day creates a lot more negative than positive vibes on Rennteam.

Ron argued that Nick has been a member since the beginning - but I dont see why that in it self is a quality.
    There are so many positive and constructive members on Rennteam. New as well as old.
    Why exactly do we need trolls in here?

Lasse, I think that the moderators are doing their best to keep the discussion on a civilized level, without having to ban anyone. As for Christian, running a business is hard work and he's living proof - I don't think he even does moderate these forums - people like Ron and Carlos are in charge of that.

That being said, I agree with your assessment.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Two questions to the moderators of Rennteam:
    1) If Nick isn't trolling in your opinion, please explain to me what you consider trolling.
    2) If Nick's behaviour is acceptable in your book, what exactly will a member have to do to get banned?

It seems to me that you threaten to ban members who react strongly to a person who deliberately and repeatedly provokes others for the sake of provoking - instead of warning/banning the souce of the provocation.

RC may own and run Rennteam. But without its loyal members Rennteam is just another forum.
    We are quite a few loyal "senior" members who do NOT troll and do NOT need to provoke everyone else to get a kick. How about taking our views into consideration instead of going so much out of your way to protect and keep a member, who at the end of the day creates a lot more negative than positive vibes on Rennteam.

Ron argued that Nick has been a member since the beginning - but I dont see why that in it self is a quality.
    There are so many positive and constructive members on Rennteam. New as well as old.
    Why exactly do we need trolls in here?

Excellent post. Nick is very very clever by using multiple troll tactics and throwing in some good non-troll posts as a cover. As such he's fooled some people including moderators. He used to be far far worse a few years ago when I'd say he was posting 50% troll crap and 50% good posts, before I started my good works. I've contained him to some degree, and now it seems to be 20% troll and 80% good, but bottomline is he's a troll at heart, and still occasionally acts out. It's only a matter of time before he emerges from under the bridge to create trouble again as soon as he thinks he's in the clear. I guarantee you as soon as the uprising from this thread dies down, after a couple of months, he'll be at it again. I'll be there to cut him off. You guys can count on me. The one thing we must remember is not take his bait as some have done in this thread. That's exactly what trolls want and encourages trolls to cause more trouble. Instead post nothing and report his troll posts to moderators. If enough people complain to moderators Nick will be warned and banned yet again!

David

Thank you David.
    However, I dont think we need a "Trollslayer" on Rennteam.
    Making it a mission in life to contain a troll is almost as weird as being a troll.

We simply need an easy and manageable code of conduct in here.
    The system someone mentioned where members could exclude other members by simply voting sounded like a good idea.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Thank you David.
    Making it a mission in life to contain a troll is almost as weird as being a troll.

The system someone mentioned where members could exclude other members by simply voting sounded like a good idea.

Yeah, good idea. And then Nick will get all his Starbucks buddies to register and vote us all off of Rennteam .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Thank you David.

Yeah, good idea. And then Nick will get all his Starbucks buddies to register and vote us all off of Rennteam .

I hadn't thought of that...now what moron suggested that as an option ...hmmm I wonder

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Thank you David.

Don't worry my goal in life isn't to contain Nick, but I do login to rennteam on most days and I do check new posts. I will simply respond to any of Nick's antics with a simple post indicating not to respond and instead notify the moderators. It's not like I'm going to check for new posts by Nick every 10 minutes. I think this is the most effective thing we can do. The thing we must never do is get angry or frustrated, as this what trolls want and only encourages them. Ignoring them and reporting to moderators I think is the best course of action. Moderators will eventually get tired of such reports and will warn/ban Nick YET AGAIN! We can take a vote, but I think the moderators already know what many of us think of Nick so a vote is redundant.

David

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Thank you David.

Did someone say Nick and Starbucks? The picture below is NOT a personal attack.

David

Now the trial has entered the envy phase.

The voting system is not about Nick in particular. The system (if it can be made practical and id!ot proof) would potentially help clean up a lot of poor/antagonistic threads, posts and members.

PS: Ive always liked that picture of Nick. So contrasty on so many levels.

The original subject of this thread has been sidetracked enough and is getting useless, so it is now closed.

Also, the moderators in this forum also read the threads and they will decide what to do if they think something needs to be done at any time according to how things are handled in this forum as decided by the owners. If anyone encounters and offensive post, don't participate, thats up to the moderators to handle it and just alert the moderators if its worthwhile to do so, so that if any action needs to be taken, it can be done so as quick as posible.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781251 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442663 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263400 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261737 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85863 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5936 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881497 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819135 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM