Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 992 (Next 911 generation 2018/2019) Thread Closed

Gauss:

Déjà vu ?

Ha Ha! It's the same 992 photoshop, but taken in a different location! Smiley

Any chance to see it in Geneva autoshow?

no

--

daily (no fun): BMW 430d
    for fun: Porsche Boxster GTS

RC:
    DuckieRS:

The 'creases' on the hood are needed to keep it from looking too wide.

(front) Lights will be an improvement. Still find it difficult to come to terms with the 991 ones...

I remember when I saw them (991.1 front lights) for the first time live...horrible. Now, especially in dark flavor, they look OK. I guess people get used to stuff like that. Smiley

In the leaked photos you can cleary there´s something missing below the red stripe and you can also see 7 connectors?

It´s just for the Porsche Lettering or it can also be for the Porsche Lettering but illuminated?

RC, any help?

leaked_porsche-mission-e-cross-turismo-concept-5_.jpg
    leak1519036382028image.jpeg
    leak1519036382028image_.jpg

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Porsche 911 plug-in hybrid will be 'most powerful ever' (Autocar)

• Porsche boss hints electrified 992-generation model, due in 2021, will offer close to 700bhp
    • Porsche 911 hybrid to have 'close to 700bhp' with electric boost button
    • The 992-generation 911 will be the first to be available as a hybrid
    • Porsche 911 hybrid to have 'close to 700bhp' with electric boost button
    • The car could produce up to 700bhp when maximum electric shove is provided

(6 March 2018)

The plug-in hybrid version of the next-generation Porsche 911 will be the most powerful model in the 911's history.

"The 911 plug-in must be a very strong performing car," said Porsche boss Oliver Blume. "It will be the most powerful 911 we’ve ever had; 700bhp might be possible."

The electric motor is likely to be rated at a minimum of 136bhp – that’s the power of the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid's motor - while the combustion engine will be a turbocharged petrol flat-six. Today’s 911 Turbo S develops 572bhp.

Drivers will be able to use "a special button for the electric punch," Blume added.

The 911 plug-in’s technology will be unique but will draw on experience gained with the front-engined Panamera hybrid and the 918 Spyder supercar.

As a result, the 911 plug-in will be launched “a couple of years” after the next 911, codenamed 992, which is scheduled to be revealed at the Paris motor show later this year.

Link: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/porsche-911-plug-hybrid-will-be-most-powerful-ever

Seems silly to have a button to activate full power.  When I put my right pedal to the floor, why doesn't this mean I want full available power?

Maybe you can only use it once a lap, so it can recharge?

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:

Seems silly to have a button to activate full power.  When I put my right pedal to the floor, why doesn't this mean I want full available power?

Maybe you can only use it once a lap, so it can recharge?

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

It's an F1 thing.

Push to Pass Smiley

--

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

In the leaked photos you can cleary there´s something missing below the red stripe and you can also see 7 connectors?

It´s just for the Porsche Lettering or it can also be for the Porsche Lettering but illuminated?

RC, any help?

Paulo, think f it this way, I don't think anything is missing, it's just the new porsche styling:
    Image result for porsche 718 rear

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:
    RC:
    DuckieRS:

The 'creases' on the hood are needed to keep it from looking too wide.

(front) Lights will be an improvement. Still find it difficult to come to terms with the 991 ones...

I remember when I saw them (991.1 front lights) for the first time live...horrible. Now, especially in dark flavor, they look OK. I guess people get used to stuff like that. Smiley

RC, any help?

leaked_porsche-mission-e-cross-turismo-concept-5_.jpg
    leak1519036382028image.jpeg
    leak1519036382028image_.jpg

Sorry, kind of overlooked this... Smiley

This is how the PORSCHE lettering will look alike. I am not aware that there is going to be an illuminated version but maybe...I don't have all details about the 992 yet. Nothing really missing in my opinion but I never had the chance to look at details, just at the whole thing. Smiley Normally, the lettering is in silver though, I think.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

If the car has the Sport Design kit then it is possible the PORSCHE lettering may come in black with it.

RC, can you tell us more about the headlights and the front bumper?

You already told us it would be smaller (the headlights).

Beside being smaller!!!

Rounded, Same Shape but smaller, etc....????

Regards from Azores, Portugal!!!!

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Beside being smaller!!!

Headlights shape and even the "internal" part seems to be correct (photoshop), just the size isn't. It is smaller than on the current 991.2 but not as small as many may expect: They actually go pretty well with the thinner backlights in my opinion. Front bumper is pretty much correct too, with a few minor differences.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Beside being smaller!!!

Headlights shape and even the "internal" part seems to be correct (photoshop), just the size isn't. It is smaller than on the current 991.2 but not as small as many may expect: They actually go pretty well with the thinner backlights in my opinion. Front bumper is pretty much correct too, with a few minor differences.

--

Thank You!!!!

By the way, i just realized /Off topic) that i´m making 15 years on Rennteam!!!

I started up with the spy pics (One of the very first posts (997) with that 996 camouflauge crap and a fight with NBerry about the 997!!!!

Had a Big Accident on 2005 and called you Guys on Rennteam for support!!!

15 YEARS WE GO!!!!!!, 997, 997 mk2, 991 mk1, 991 mk2 and the 992

Thank you Guys!!!!!

--

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

By the way, i just realized /Off topic) that i´m making 15 years on Rennteam!!!

I started up with the spy pics (One of the very first posts (997) with that 996 camouflauge crap and a fight with NBerry about the 997!!!!

Had a Big Accident on 2005 and called you Guys on Rennteam for support!!!

15 YEARS WE GO!!!!!!, 997, 997 mk2, 991 mk1, 991 mk2 and the 992

Thank you Guys!!!!!

Wow...haven't realized that we are already 15 years around... Smiley

Great to see that people stick to this forum, I wish I could do more for you guys but kids need to eat, Daddy needs to work, so... Smiley I wish I had a rich daddy to support me, so I can roam around and gather new and interesting stuff for you guys. Same with the moderators and the system guru Aron, we all have real life jobs and Rennteam is just a hobby. 

Thanks a lot for your support and making it through the 15 years without getting insane... Smiley

--

Thank you!!!

YOU, CF (Carreta GT member), Joost, Ron (Houston) , the irreparable NBerry and every other member on this board!!!

Xoooooooooooooooooooooo

--

wink cheers Paulokiss

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Thank you!!!

YOU, CF (Carreta GT member), Joost, Ron (Houston) , the irreparable NBerry and every other member on this board!!!

Xoooooooooooooooooooooo

Smiley Smiley Ron has become a good friend, unfortunately I lost contact to CF (met him a couple of times in Miami, talked on the phone often but life goes on...) but otherwise, great contacts, great people no doubt. Smiley Smiley

--

Cheers Paulo, likewise! wink

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

still a newbie here, only 4 years in May smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Time flies. Cheers for another 15 years wink

--

White 991.2 GT3, production week 10

Gauss:

And we will still be talking about the R8 in 15 years! Smiley

--

I remember the old tiptronic debatesindecision

rhino:

As do I, I was 18 and thought I knew it all (still think the manual 997tt was more fun Smiley but regret getting so contentious about it).

LOL Trip; time flieswink

Hey. I still love my manual 997tt. Use it to routinely scare the crap out of passengers. Wife named it exlax. 

It has no silly marking on the back. Just says. Turbo

Whoopsy:
    Gauss:

If car manufacturers continue the way they do now...you can bet on it. Smiley Smiley

Listen to this (and please try to understand because...I couldn't): When I asked my Audi dealer why the RS3 (latest model, only one month old) I had as a loaner, sounded much more muted than the RS3 I've driven a couple of months ago, he told me: "Over 2000 customers wrote complaints to Audi because the car's exhaust sound is too loud..., so Audi issued a software update to make the RS3 quieter."

Do you understand? I don't. Smiley I checked with various German Audi forums and it seems to be true, so many customers are pissed. Apparently some tuners want to offer a solution but unfortunately not ABT (the only one Audi dealers can officially work with) because...listen to this...they are afraid of Audi's reaction. Smiley

This whole car business got messed up big time, at least in Germany and this can't end well (for us enthusiasts).

--

rhino:

Me too...I basically shocked everyone on Rennteam when I chose Tiptronic for my 997 Turbo. What many don't know: It took me some serious intervention at the highest level at Porsche to actually get Tiptronic for my car (first dealer car delivered) because the Tiptronic cars were reserved for the higher Porsche employee hierarchy (no kidding) and first customer cars were manual only. Wasn't easy...Wiedeking personally was involved and I was actually pretty sure it won't work (my dealer, whose son was a friend, was pretty sure it won't work).

Why Tiptronic? Because for the first time, a Porsche with automatic was faster than manual, Porsche had adapted the ESP/AWD system, engine, etc. to the Tiptronic and vice versa, so the results were amazing. I can't say I liked Tiptronic but I loved the performance (car was later on tuned by RUF to over 550 hp and it was fast like hell for the time...).

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    Gauss:

If car manufacturers continue the way they do now...you can bet on it. Smiley Smiley

Listen to this (and please try to understand because...I couldn't): When I asked my Audi dealer why the RS3 (latest model, only one month old) I had as a loaner, sounded much more muted than the RS3 I've driven a couple of months ago, he told me: "Over 2000 customers wrote complaints to Audi because the car's exhaust sound is too loud..., so Audi issued a software update to make the RS3 quieter."

Do you understand? I don't. Smiley I checked with various German Audi forums and it seems to be true, so many customers are pissed. Apparently some tuners want to offer a solution but unfortunately not ABT (the only one Audi dealers can officially work with) because...listen to this...they are afraid of Audi's reaction. Smiley

This whole car business got messed up big time, at least in Germany and this can't end well (for us enthusiasts).

--

I guess RT will became a vintage forum . Nevermind, it is a great place.

I remember the Triptonic debate! So much fun

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    Gauss:

--

The reason is that people and companies went overboard with noisy exhaust systems. It started with all the videos of idiots revving their engines and "exercising" their aftermarket exhaust systems in the middle of London and other busy city centers. Pretty soon, that became the standard that automakers were pushed towards. Makes no sense. If I compare the sports exhaust in my RS-60 and the ones in my GTS Cayman, or my brother's 991 S with sport exhaust, my conclusion is that the new systems are overly loud and nowhere near as musical as the older ones. The older one has a subtlety to it that is lost with the newer noisemakers, with their artificial farts. In the case of the Cayman GTS, the exhaust has an annoying drone at lower RPM (where the PDK keeps going if left to its own devices.) In fact, I will be ordering my next car with the base exhaust; and that's from someone who always had the factory sport exhaust when it was offered, and installed aftermarket sport exhaust before Porsche started offering it. 

<Fire suit on>

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691157 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410237 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256270 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235429 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65757 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858874 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775188 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM