Crown

Forum - Thread

Today is the day

Today is the day my GT3 supposedly entered production.  

Weather is improving. Freezing temps are gone and the upcoming rainy days will wash away the salt Smiley

I had to pick a less desirable spec, i.e. no Clubsport, for being able to take my son with me. He's currently 2,5 yo. I've tried to get the Clubsport chassis with the welded harness mount points (for a future retrofit of the cage and buckets), but got the request denied. 

Hopefully it will be in my garage by the end of this month. I've been waiting since beginning of last June. 

--

White 991.2 GT3, production week 10

Re: Today is the day

Finally. Been a long wait for a lot of us...

Agree on the weather (even when that hasn't really stopped me from using the GT4).

Good news kissnot long now..

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Gauss:

Today is the day my GT3 supposedly entered production.  

Weather is improving. Freezing temps are gone and the upcoming rainy days will wash away the salt Smiley

I had to pick a less desirable spec, i.e. no Clubsport, for being able to take my son with me. He's currently 2,5 yo. I've tried to get the Clubsport chassis with the welded harness mount points (for a future retrofit of the cage and buckets), but got the request denied. 

Hopefully it will be in my garage by the end of this month. I've been waiting since beginning of last June. 

Sounds great, congrats. Smiley So sorry it didn't work out with the Clubsport package but you're going to enjoy your car anyway, especially if your son can join you. My kids loved driving in my 911s...the best sleep they could get. Smiley

Waiting for this weekend (weather forecast is 16°C and sunny for my region), my R8 goes to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and inspection (two years) and of course switching back to summer wheels. Can't wait for the weekend to come. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Eventually ! 

Why do you have skipped the CS package ? What is linked with your son ? Mine is 4 , he likes sitting i the right kWh Seat in his recaro seat :-)

--

997 Carrera S Triple Black Sold now ... Good car 997 GT3 triple black wow what a car !!!

thierry:

Eventually ! 

Why do you have skipped the CS package ? What is linked with your son ? Mine is 4 , he likes sitting i the right kWh Seat in his recaro seat :-)

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Porsche doesn't allow using a child seat in the racing shell? Smiley Legal reasons? Or has that changed? (I am not quite up to date in this domain).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    thierry:

Eventually ! 

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Porsche doesn't allow using a child seat in the racing shell? Smiley Legal reasons? Or has that changed? (I am not quite up to date in this domain).

Exactly this. Believe me, I've tried everything. Porsche and insurance company will deny all responsability and you will be left all on your own if something bad (God forbid) happens. I've had a motorcycle accident last year, where some novice driver crashed into me while I had green light and was going straight. Lesson learnt. It can happen so darn suddenly. I simply didn't want to take any risk.  

--

Gauss:
    RC:
    thierry:

Eventually ! 

Exactly this. Believe me, I've tried everything. Porsche and insurance company will deny all responsability and you will be left all on your own if something bad (God forbid) happens. I've had a motorcycle accident last year, where some novice driver crashed into me while I had green light and was going straight. Lesson learnt. It can happen so darn suddenly. I simply didn't want to take any risk.  

Don't worry, you don't have to explain that to me. Drove almost two years with a racing shell and child seat...until a Porsche guy I know saw this and almost had a heart attack. No insurance coverage in case of an accident, luckily nothing happened. Smiley Daughter was sleeping like a baby Smiley in that car (996 Turbo RS Tuning) and it was loud as hell (Cargraphic exhaust with 100 cell cats Smiley).

--

wink

--

You could have ordered the Clubsport-Package and after delivery change to a 4-Way-seat on the passenger side.

There are always cheap offers on ebay for the normal seats...

Does not look very good, but hey you are a track-driver and you need seats with support.

Blueflame

I’ve suggested this also, but got it denied again. Something to do with the cage, the sport seat and the airbags. This combination hasn’t been crash tested and therefore not approved. Like I said, I’ve gone through all the options.

--

blueflame:

You could have ordered the Clubsport-Package and after delivery change to a 4-Way-seat on the passenger side.

There are always cheap offers on ebay for the normal seats...

Does not look very good, but hey you are a track-driver and you need seats with support.

Blueflame

Not legal...I'm afraid. Had a similar combo for exactly that reason and it was not legal, so I switched to both shells.

--

Gauss:

I’ve suggested this also, but got it denied again. Something to do with the cage, the sport seat and the airbags. This combination hasn’t been crash tested and therefore not approved. Like I said, I’ve gone through all the options.

Smiley Same experience here, mixed seats are not certified either, so...not legal (insurance).

--

BUT, it would be legal to buy one LW-Bucket-seat from Tequipment and install it in his non-clubsport GT3...

There is no need to „register“ OEM-seats at the TÜV or „Zulassungsstelle“.

Blueflame

I would still be missing the rear cage to attach the harnesses to. The bucket seats are only half as good if not strapped snuggly into them. However, maybe I will do just that, if I can get green light from Porsche and the insurance company.

--

Am actually planning to do so for my incoming Touring, albeit with a P03 (997 'GT2-style') seat for myself, and a comfy one for the passenger...

blueflame:

BUT, it would be legal to buy one LW-Bucket-seat from Tequipment and install it in his non-clubsport GT3...

There is no need to „register“ OEM-seats at the TÜV or „Zulassungsstelle“.

Blueflame

True but the problem arises when an accident happens... Two different seats have no certification from Porsche. Trust me, I know so many people who tried. You can do it aftermarket but insurance? Forget about it.

What many don't know: This is not only about the car but for example if you need hospitalization. If they prove negligence and/or wrong-doing, you have to pay for all your hospitalization stuff yourself. This is a very tricky situation, I wouldn't take it lightly, especially not in Germany and/or other countries where insurance is an issue in such cases.

--

DuckieRS:

Am actually planning to do so for my incoming Touring, albeit with a P03 (997 'GT2-style') seat for myself, and a comfy one for the passenger...

Check with your insurance if this is OK. Even if Porsche doesn't offer a certification for this combo, if your insurance is OK with this (get it in writing), no problem. Just don't tell them that Porsche doesn't certify it. Smiley Smiley

Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky: After I found out that I drove around with that "forbidden" combo, I called my insurance and asked and they already knew that people try that and they said NO. Same goes to retrofitting seat belts in the rear (there were cases on older GT3), this is completely forbidden and Porsche doesn't certify this.

Again, I know...paranoia... Smiley but shit happens from time to time and this shit can get very very expensive, especially when someone gets hurt.

--

My insurance agent is a very close friend. Will give feedback when I have an answer.

DuckieRS:

My insurance agent is a very close friend. Will give feedback when I have an answer.

Smiley

--

Update:

That day wasn't the day after all. laugh

My dealer has emailed me a couple of days ago to tell me that he still can't see a production date for my car in the system. mail

I'm still very annoyed today. Here's the full story for those who are interested:

In late May, beginning of June 2017 I had ordered a new GT3. Some may remember this thread (Link). Delivery was expected for beginning of 2018. For some unknown reason (to me), the dealer wanted my final spec already by the beginning of October. This was all the more peculiar when I learnt, a couple of weeks later, that my car was scheduled for production as late as the 10th calendar week (the second week in March). 

In early February, when I wanted to change my spec (for the 3rd time, I know!), I got my request refused on the grounds that my car spec had been frozen now and that they were expecting it to be delivered by the end of February, beginning of March. 

Then came the end of February, and when my dealer was on holiday, I asked one of his collegues whether we were still on schedule for an imminent delivery, and after checking on his computer he said : "production is scheduled for the 10th calendar week!" Needless to say that I was both disappointed and angry about having been given false hope by my dealer. I have no explanation as to why he told me an early delivery date. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didn't want me to change my spec yet again. yes

Anyway, I didn't say anything to him and waited patiently another few weeks. Last week (11th calendar week) I asked him whether my car had finally been produced and it took him another week to send me an email, telling me that he still has no production date.  

This waiting is frustrating, but what is worse, is the communication with the dealership, or lack thereof.

Have you guys had similar experiences, or am I just too picky? I know that in certain countries, like Germany for example, they give you a precise delivery date, albeit estimated, but at least it's a date. However, here in Luxembourg, they don't share any information about the whereabouts or status of the car on the production line.

I've told them that I wanted to change my spec, given the circumstances. They have yet to get back to me with an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure they will find other excuses...crying

--

Very disturbing news indeed. 

A dealer should at least be able to be clear on the subject. My sales even sends me updates without me asking... (planification production / exit paint shop / expected completion date)

A lot to do with the importer too. Hang in there!

The reason why I don't drive Porsche anymore is not the product, it is the dealer. When I use a luxury product I expect at least a professional behavior. No big request. Does not seem to be possible. Sad.

Gauss:

Update:

That day wasn't the day after all. laugh

My dealer has emailed me a couple of days ago to tell me that he still can't see a production date for my car in the system. mail

I'm still very annoyed today. Here's the full story for those who are interested:

In late May, beginning of June 2017 I had ordered a new GT3. Some may remember this thread (Link). Delivery was expected for beginning of 2018. For some unknown reason (to me), the dealer wanted my final spec already by the beginning of October. This was all the more peculiar when I learnt, a couple of weeks later, that my car was scheduled for production as late as the 10th calendar week (the second week in March). 

In early February, when I wanted to change my spec (for the 3rd time, I know!), I got my request refused on the grounds that my car spec had been frozen now and that they were expecting it to be delivered by the end of February, beginning of March. 

Then came the end of February, and when my dealer was on holiday, I asked one of his collegues whether we were still on schedule for an imminent delivery, and after checking on his computer he said : "production is scheduled for the 10th calendar week!" Needless to say that I was both disappointed and angry about having been given false hope by my dealer. I have no explanation as to why he told me an early delivery date. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didn't want me to change my spec yet again. yes

Anyway, I didn't say anything to him and waited patiently another few weeks. Last week (11th calendar week) I asked him whether my car had finally been produced and it took him another week to send me an email, telling me that he still has no production date.  

This waiting is frustrating, but what is worse, is the communication with the dealership, or lack thereof.

Have you guys had similar experiences, or am I just too picky? I know that in certain countries, like Germany for example, they give you a precise delivery date, albeit estimated, but at least it's a date. However, here in Luxembourg, they don't share any information about the whereabouts or status of the car on the production line.

I've told them that I wanted to change my spec, given the circumstances. They have yet to get back to me with an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure they will find other excuses...crying

--

So sorry to hear that Joel! If I buy a 100k product from someone, they better make me feel like I am the king of the world. If they don't, then no excuses, but I won't be doing business with them anymore. Yes, they may be used to high rollers and all that, but there is no excuse for no communication... I can feel your frustration! Take care bud!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

All these stories are sad to hear, lately seems business is so good some dealers rather burn through new customers with a high turnover and turn their back on their loyal customers...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

All these stories are sad to hear, lately seems business is so good some dealers rather burn through new customers with a high turnover and turn their back on their loyal customers...

seems our friend " hi guys Im Schmee " is one of them,sad indeed

You are not the only one. I just got some fresh info this morning.

Some GT3s have slipped as much as 16 weeks right now. 

One of my friend who was suppose to get his GT3 May 14th at the factory, one day ahead of my Turbo S Exclusive, just got an email telling him that is out of the window right now, his car is not scheduled to go into production until at least June 5th, and the earliest he can pick it up at the factory is June 25th.

It would seems Porsche hit a production snag of some sort right now for GT cars. My GT2RS have a 5 month delay, from a May production to a October production. 

One guess is supplier issues.

Second guess is they are pushing out GT2RS ahead of GT3s, especially European versions.

Third guess? It's a cluster fuck in Zuffenhausen right now. Even their planned grand opening of the Mission E factory has slip from April to June.

--

Gauss,

are you sure you have an allocation? it may be a dealer game and nothing linked with the factory.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

You are not the only one. I just got some fresh info this morning.

Some GT3s have slipped as much as 16 weeks right now. 

One of my friend who was suppose to get his GT3 May 14th at the factory, one day ahead of my Turbo S Exclusive, just got an email telling him that is out of the window right now, his car is not scheduled to go into production until at least June 5th, and the earliest he can pick it up at the factory is June 25th.

It would seems Porsche hit a production snag of some sort right now for GT cars. My GT2RS have a 5 month delay, from a May production to a October production. 

One guess is supplier issues.

Second guess is they are pushing out GT2RS ahead of GT3s, especially European versions.

Third guess? It's a cluster fuck in Zuffenhausen right now. Even their planned grand opening of the Mission E factory has slip from April to June.

now I know why my friend gets calls if he wants to sell his already delivered......

the-missile:

Gauss,

are you sure you have an allocation? it may be a dealer game and nothing linked with the factory.

I suspect the same since dealers get very precise information about production dates and planning. 

Maybe his dealer gave the allocation to someone else and postponed his car. I know how this sounds but... Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688829 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408832 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255585 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234837 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857682 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773581 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM