Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Issues With Velar

Do something similar but using bigger font and park it in front of the LR dealer. That will teach them a lesson on customer appreciation. 

Thanks Whoopsy, ya I'm giving myself a few days to digest and go through all my options before taking a decision while I'm upset.  

hahaha I should....

sorry to hear that.dont do anything now,just let time pass a week or so,then do your research and deal with it

I don’t see why a new engine is a problem. Again, had no issue with my CTTS with a replaced engine in trade in.

What I would ask them is how much will it affect trade in value when you trade it in back to them, or force them to give you market value when you trade it in. You mention you tried to buy a new car and trade in, did you ask them if the new engine affected the value of the trade in? If they say yes and they don’’t move, sue them?

ya they pretty much told me that the the guys at the LR Dealer network don't want it, because of the engine change, unless they get a big discount....I asked for that in writing, and I hope they are dumb enough to do it, suing is an option if I can prove that engine is not letting me move the car on...

Mo

I kind of remember asking the Porsche guys at the time and they said no impact on resale...

I'm sorry to hear that Moser, if your option in the end is to keep it for long then it won't hurt you much if you take it to social media, let them know that. Also there is no harm in trying to go over their head and contacting LR HQ in the country and see what they think, when assessing the potential bad publicity you may be able to generate compared with the $ loss they will take in giving you a valid solution, they may think differently than the dealer, who knows. 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Moser:

Thanks Whoopsy, ya I'm giving myself a few days to digest and go through all my options before taking a decision while I'm upset.  

What kind of warranty extension they offer? If they give you 5 years of warranty the car will worth a lot more.

That sucks mate!
    But why not try to sell it privately? I'm sure there's enough people that would be happy to take it off your hands for a good price, even with the replaced engine.
    That way you could take your money, and inform the dealer you will take your business elsewhere due to their spineless behavior...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

SciFrog:

I kind of remember asking the Porsche guys at the time and they said no impact on resale...

And it doesn't. The 14s with the replacement engines are fetching more than the 15s with the same mileage.

--

wantone:
    Moser:

What kind of warranty extension they offer? If they give you 5 years of warranty the car will worth a lot more.

True, this could be an interesting extension... Smiley I doubt they are going to do it though.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Hi All,

So I decided that I'm gonna pick up the car on Friday from the dealer.  I'm gonna try and sell it privately and see what kind of results I get.  I've also asked them for a 2 year warranty extension (3yrs to 5 yrs), which they verbally agreed to, but I'm not picking up my car unless I get that in writing. I figured it's the best thing I could do, if I keep the car and decide to sell it in three years time, I'll have the advantage of another two years of warranty compared to others who will be out of warranty. With a LR that could mean the difference between a sale or not :)  I definately won't be buying another car from LR nor from this dealer.

Thanks for all your ideas and help

Moser

Moser:

Hi All,

So I decided that I'm gonna pick up the car on Friday from the dealer.  I'm gonna try and sell it privately and see what kind of results I get.  I've also asked them for a 2 year warranty extension (3yrs to 5 yrs), which they verbally agreed to, but I'm not picking up my car unless I get that in writing. I figured it's the best thing I could do, if I keep the car and decide to sell it in three years time, I'll have the advantage of another two years of warranty compared to others who will be out of warranty. With a LR that could mean the difference between a sale or not :)  I definately won't be buying another car from LR nor from this dealer.

Thanks for all your ideas and help

Moser

If you get the 5 yr warranty and sell it in 3yrs the engine replacement will not be an issue. It will probably worth more than other cars.

Ask them to give you free service for 5 years as well. 

That assumes the warranty is transferable, which would be the case if it is an true extension of the original new car warranty. I would make sure to check the fine print.

KMM,

You hit the nail on the head!!!! So in Cyprus there are no warranty extensions from the Manufacturers for some reason, which means you can't even buy a warranty extension.  In my case the warranty extension is coming from the actual importer or dealer.  The first letter they wrote was that the I have been given a 2 year warranty extension on the engine which is void if the car is sold, ie. non transferable. 

I told them that I'm not picking up the car from you, and you'll be hearing from my lawyer, because the whole point of asking for a warranty extension is to help provide comfort to the next buyer about the engine replacement.  It's not for my piece of mind because I will most likely move the car on in the next 2 years. I then continued and told them a warranty is for a car with a specific VIN number or in this case an engine with a specific engine number, who cares who owns the that car. 

They redrafted the letter making the warranty extension for the engine transferable as long as all the service is done at their garage, which is understandable.  Needless to say the tried to pull a fast one, and I'm so done with them after this experience.

Regs

Mo

just shows how much confidence they have on their own cars that they even tried to cheat you on the warranty ... Glad you finally got a half decent solution, hope you don't have any more reliability issues and that when you sell it you will get a fair price due to the extra warranty covering the replaced engine kiss

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

To be fair, Cyprus is a tiny market and probably the importer is an independent local business with small margins. It's not JLR that is selling the cars there...

Moser:

You hit the nail on the head!!!! So in Cyprus there are no warranty extensions from the Manufacturers for some reason, which means you can't even buy a warranty extension.

In Cyprus only Porsche offer warranty extensions from the manufacturer. Recently this went up from 9 years to as long as 14. Another plus for buying Porsche.

BTW the local importer of JLR are also the BMW importers for the last 60 years. They are not factory owned but still very reputable and successful. Try talking to the owner of the business who is available at the BMW showroom in Nicosia. If you sell locally a written warranty with the right wording from these people, who are considered trustworthy and of good repute, will be almost as good as a factory warranty.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

thanks Reginos, you gave me some advice a few years back when I moved to Cyprus on places to go etc., It would be nice to meet a local fellow Rennteamer, if your up for it send me a PM

Regs

Moser

Moser:

thanks Reginos, you gave me some advice a few years back when I moved to Cyprus on places to go etc., It would be nice to meet a local fellow Rennteamer, if your up for it send me a PM

Regs

Moser

Hi Moser

Call me on xxxxxxxxx (phone number removed by Admin for safety reasons, please use our PM function for personal contacts) anytime it suits you.

Best regards

Reginos

Velar SVR with V8 is coming... Maybe worth a shot?

Maserati also throws a Levante with V8 engine on the market...

Only Porsche seems to miss this train with the Macan... yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

The Velar isn't nice enough for such high priced models. This thing should be loaded at $70K.

Porsche is too afraid for a V8 Macan? It would eat up in high margin Panamera and Cayenne sales... Or people don’t really care, I don’t for example... a full EV however would change everything.

I wanted one and had asked for one........the answer is that the V8 won't fit..............

Perhaps the resulting car would be too expensive for the intended market..............

But then again everything Porsche had gone up in price by a big margin already. Seriously, my Cayenne Turbo S is almost double the price of my SVR, but it isn't 100% more car, maybe 50% better. Everything the Turbo S can do, the SVR can do at least 50-75%.

--

SciFrog:

Porsche is too afraid for a V8 Macan? It would eat up in high margin Panamera and Cayenne sales... Or people don’t really care, I don’t for example... a full EV however would change everything.

Full EV SUV will destroy sales of high-end ones unless they give it crap range/motors. EVs are the best powertrain for SUVs. In fact, Tesla made a big mistake doing a sedan before the SUV. SUVs not only benefit more from efficiency/gas savings, they benefit more from torque, torque vectoring, lower center of gravity, etc.

seems faulty engine is very common with rangerover, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Q6u3MXziw

Land Rover Customer service is not even responding to my emails! They said we would discuss compensation after the whole fiasco was fixed, and now they don't answer anymore....what a shit company

Moser:

Land Rover Customer service is not even responding to my emails! They said we would discuss compensation after the whole fiasco was fixed, and now they don't answer anymore....what a shit company

Any company can get it wrong - the sign of a good business is what they do about it. JLR have certainly failed here Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Moser:

Their behavior is inexcusable.

--

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM