Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

BjoernB:

white,yellow,silver,black,calc - quite a while already ago - all factory cars from Weissach Motorsport division - no pics they take yr phone at the reception laugh- but all looked the business - it's as flashy as a 911 get - and NO I do not agree with RC on the noise side - it sounds epic.....actually very loud....indecision

Maybe you heard a pre-production car... Smiley

There is nothing epic about the sound, it is louder than the 991.2 Turbo S sound, especially in the mid rev range but the tone is basically the same. Could be a McLaren as well... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

well I have no idea why you seem to "know" everything .....my experience is 2 days old ....

BjoernB:

well I have no idea why you seem to "know" everything .....my experience is 2 days old ....

LOL  Smiley

BjoernB:

Maybe I have a better hearing than you? Smiley Or better taste in exhaust sounds? Or I don't imagine things? Or...take your pick. Smiley

Or you simply have a different taste in exhaust sounds? I know what I heard and compared to my R8, the 488 or even the new GT3 RS I heard recently, it doesn't sound that great. Smiley Loud? Yes but the truck just passing by next to my office sounded loud as well. Smiley

No need to be touchy... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Eh... Loud. The Toyota Camry with no cats and a broken muffler next door is loud. LOL.

It is N/A though ;)

noone1:

Eh... Loud. The Toyota Camry with no cats and a broken muffler next door is loud. LOL.

It is N/A though ;)

Does is sound good? Smiley Smiley

--

BjoernB: Have you had any chance to sit inside one with the red interior?

crayphile:
    RC:

People like him deserve to get a GT2 RS because they are the best brand ambassadors for Porsche.
    He also owns a Carrera GT...

Exactly. Porsche seems to know very little ( or certainly not enough) about some of its best customers. I know its much easier for Ferrari because they have a fraction of the volume, but they have a pretty detailed CRM system that keeps track of who owns what and how long they keep their cars etc.

Yup.

PAG seems to be very hands off regarding their best customers, prefer to let the local importer take the lead. Unless someone make an effort to 'befriend' actual person in the HQ, 

I am sure Porsche has a computerized log of every customers, they are Germans after all, but I don't think anyone is paying much attention to it. The customers PAG actually take noticed are the ones with publicity, I guess public opinions sway their decision making somewhat. Unless of course one is from the Middle East and buy up 20 918s at a time, then HQ WILL take noticed. But then again PAG also ignored some of their best anonymous customers from Europe that had bought 50-60 cars over the years. 

The Italians however check their database religiously and prefer to use their own data vs publicity.

--

What you all are missing is for Porsche this is a nice "problem" to have. It only elevates the brand similar to Ferrari. I don't think they want to do anything about this unless they uncover a fraudulent practice which they will address on a case by case basis.

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

nberry:

What you all are missing is for Porsche this is a nice "problem" to have. It only elevates the brand similar to Ferrari. I don't think they want to do anything about this unless they uncover a fraudulent practice which they will address on a case by case basis.

You could be right but it still sucks. Smiley

--

BjoernB:

IMG_0484.JPG

That will be my setup! Black with gold wheels Smiley

--

RC:
    nberry:

You could be right but it still sucks. Smiley

Simple solution though -- buy cooler stuff elsewhere.

Exactly. Too many good cars around to pay a premium for anything. These $200k premium will be gone within months once the flipper do their flipping.

I do get the point that $200k is cheap change for some people to have a new cool toy, but hard to believe these people couldn’t get an allocation in the first place...

SciFrog:

Exactly. Too many good cars around to pay a premium for anything. These $200k premium will be gone within months once the flipper do their flipping.

I do get the point that $200k is cheap change for some people to have a new cool toy, but hard to believe these people couldn’t get an allocation in the first place...

i had a confirmed allocation for the GT2RS and gave it up, not because i have a moral issue with flipping the car - i could not care less, seems a rather ethically clean way of earning some money - and not because i am worried that the PAG will not sell me their cars anymore (ridiculous), rather because i was worried that i would not (with reasonable effort) find a buyer:::)))) this would have left me with an expensive car i have no love for:::))))

I beg to differ. I see no difference between those getting a car just to flip them after delivery to people that actually want to drive and enjoy them and were pushed down the shady dealer list, than those on the street scalping tickets for a big concert or event... both are parasites and should be treated as such.

I keep seeing a lot of members here that I think deserve an allocation for these cars and may not get one because of those parasites, and even if they can afford to pay the premium for a flipped car, many won't out of principle.
    --

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

I beg to differ. I see no difference between those getting a car just to flip them after delivery to people that actually want to drive and enjoy them than those scalping tickets for a big concert or event... both are parasites and should be treated as such.

hmmm, why did i think just you would immediately respond and hold up the morals? treated as such.....what does that entail precisely? public shaming, or worse........??? would be interesting to understand how you would like to treat those 'parasites'. but please tell me how you feel about people buying bitcoin and other junk currencies, ripping off the money from others, like poor students and high school kids having fallen for the hype? or do you believe in mining of the stuff? money for nothing...as the dire straits put it:::)))) and how about shorting stocks and hedge funds? it is a rough world out there, isn't it? actually, my pity with people being able to afford 400K Euro cars is really really low (myself included). anyway, good to see you high up on the ethical and moral horse. when i flip my first car i hope to find someone with your moral standards as a buyer. would be fun....and then maybe you tell me how you treat parasites - morally speaking.

Call me hypocritical but even though I would not pay over list price for a car or a watch, I do it all the time for shows and events. But to me it is different because I live in a place where if you don’t do that you simply cannot go to any show or event with a decent seat (or at all) because everything sells out even before you can get access to the website. The game is rigged by insiders in the industry and ticket sellers. I heard that the norm is that less than 40% of the tickets are actually being sold directly to the public and even though I condone the practice and simply wish the list price of the tickets would be more (and they are getting more expensive finally), I have to just pay up. Robot scalpers are also extremely sophisticated. The solution is easy and efficient and would help the producers players or artists but someone makes too much for it to happen: Dutch auctions for 90% of the tickets and lottery for the 10% left.

A car you can just buy another very good one. ALL good shows and events are impossible to get a good ticket for...

pmarkow:
    Carlos from Spain:

I beg to differ. I see no difference between those getting a car just to flip them after delivery to people that actually want to drive and enjoy them than those scalping tickets for a big concert or event... both are parasites and should be treated as such.

hmmm, why did i think just you would immediately respond and hold up the morals? treated as such.....what does that entail precisely? public shaming, or worse........??? would be interesting to understand how you would like to treat those 'parasites'. but please tell me how you feel about people buying bitcoin and other junk currencies, ripping off the money from others, like poor students and high school kids having fallen for the hype? or do you believe in mining of the stuff? money for nothing...as the dire straits put it:::)))) and how about shorting stocks and hedge funds? it is a rough world out there, isn't it? actually, my pity with people being able to afford 400K Euro cars is really really low (myself included). anyway, good to see you high up on the ethical and moral horse. when i flip my first car i hope to find someone with your moral standards as a buyer. would be fun....and then maybe you tell me how you treat parasites - morally speaking.

You voiced your opinion on the morality of flippers and I voiced mine, simple as that, this is how this works. 

How would I deal with them? I would bar them from being able to get on any list in the future. They aren't real customers, they only buy cars who's production is sold out regardless, and seeing those new cars being sold with a premium on second hand sites give a bad image to the brand.

I do fail to see what investing in companies for a return, gambling your money on bitcoin, or the stock market has do with using influence to getting in a car list to push down the list a proper buyer with the intention of only to sell it to that buyer after delivery for a premium artificially inflating the price of the car for nothing. 

Like I said, they are just parasites who contribute nothing and benefit at others expense.
    --

the main feature of commerce is the ability of person A to provide a good which person B wants to buy. 

LET’S REFLECT ON THE ABSURDITY of the moment: Late last year, this magazine sent your narrator to Europe for the launch of a 700-hp, rear-engine, two-wheel-drive, turbocharged Porsche. Three laps into the day, your narrator found himself casually doing 170 mph on the front straight of the Algarve International Circuit. (Big place, ballsy corners, used for F1 testing, Portugal.)

This story originally appeared in the February, 2018 issue of Road & Track - Ed.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a15932846/first-drive-2018-porsche-911-gt2-rs/

SciFrog:

My "friend" I was talking about knows Zetsche personally, he gets one of the first Project One cars (OK, this may also have to do with the fact that he owns tons of AMG cars), yet he couldn't get the GT2 RS. Smiley No, he wouldn't pay 200k over list and yes, he could afford it. I am willing to pay over list for certain things I want (I paid almost 10k over list for my PP Nautilus) but for a car, I wouldn't pay more than 20-30k over list if I really and badly want one. So far, I haven't encountered any car I would pay over list for but if I had the money, I would have paid over list for the Huracan Performante. Luckily, I could have gotten this car in 6 months at list but unfortunately, even at list, I couldn't afford it. Smiley Too much other stuff going on (business, family, family cars, hobbies, travel), can't spend all the money for cars. Smiley

--

SciFrog:

Call me hypocritical but even though I would not pay over list price for a car or a watch, I do it all the time for shows and events. But to me it is different because I live in a place where if you don’t do that you simply cannot go to any show or event with a decent seat (or at all) because everything sells out even before you can get access to the website. The game is rigged by insiders in the industry and ticket sellers. I heard that the norm is that less than 40% of the tickets are actually being sold directly to the public and even though I condone the practice and simply wish the list price of the tickets would be more (and they are getting more expensive finally), I have to just pay up. Robot scalpers are also extremely sophisticated. The solution is easy and efficient and would help the producers players or artists but someone makes too much for it to happen: Dutch auctions for 90% of the tickets and lottery for the 10% left.

A car you can just buy another very good one. ALL good shows and events are impossible to get a good ticket for...

Well, we spontaneously wanted to see Bruno Mars (24k tour) in the US and the concierge found us tickets for 1000 bucks a piece (instead of 800, which was already pretty high) but we didn't go (kids were pretty sad). 4000 bucks for a show? Sorry but I set my personal limit at 2000 for the whole family. We watched tons of shows in the past but I agree, sometimes it is impossible to get good seats without paying a premium. 

--

pmarkow:
    SciFrog:

i had a confirmed allocation for the GT2RS and gave it up, not because i have a moral issue with flipping the car - i could not care less, seems a rather ethically clean way of earning some money - and not because i am worried that the PAG will not sell me their cars anymore (ridiculous), rather because i was worried that i would not (with reasonable effort) find a buyer:::)))) this would have left me with an expensive car i have no love for:::))))

So you wanted to flip it? Smiley I was thinking the same but couldn't do it, just not my thing. Also, I was worried I would fall in love with the car and end up with it. The lease offer was tempting (not as bad as I thought, private lease company who works with my dealer for years for "special cars", incl. the 918)...

I am not in the business dealing with cars, so I passed. Dealer really wanted this because he needed the car for my "friend". My "friend" wanted this because he needed the car. We are not that good of friends, so I was worried that he might not take the car in the end but even if I would have flipped it, it would have ended in good hands. 

If I could really afford it, I would never flip it. 

A Porsche contact just recently asked me what I would get if I didn't have the R8 right now: My answer was simple, the new 991.2 GT3 RS. No kidding. Right now, probably the most fun new sportscar you can get for around 210k EUR.

--

Note the mesh:Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.09.57.png

RC:
    pmarkow:
    SciFrog:

So you wanted to flip it? Smiley I was thinking the same but couldn't do it, just not my thing. Also, I was worried I would fall in love with the car and end up with it. The lease offer was tempting (not as bad as I thought, private lease company who works with my dealer for years for "special cars", incl. the 918)...

I am not in the business dealing with cars, so I passed. Dealer really wanted this because he needed the car for my "friend". My "friend" wanted this because he needed the car. We are not that good of friends, so I was worried that he might not take the car in the end but even if I would have flipped it, it would have ended in good hands. 

If I could really afford it, I would never flip it. 

A Porsche contact just recently asked me what I would get if I didn't have the R8 right now: My answer was simple, the new 991.2 GT3 RS. No kidding. Right now, probably the most fun new sportscar you can get for around 210k EUR.

well, first i wanted to buy it and keep it instead of my GT3RS. but then i started to like the GT2RS less and less, found that i would miss the NA sound and all that. then i thought, well, i might just get it and flip it, why not? however, when production numbers became unclear i was worried that i would have to really work to find a buyer - which is definitely not my thing -or even be stuck with a car i do not really like, .....so i left it  and cancelled my allocation. but morals did not enter in this, just practicalities. 

yes, the .2GT3RS looks like a lot of fun.....i just cannot justify paying 80K euros for upgrading from .1 to .2. actually, i cannot think of a twist of logics which this could be sold to my wife with:::))))

ps: i have an issue with people who take the high moral ground. before doing that one should be totally sure to be clear on all - repeat all - fronts. 

The problem Carlos is that things are not always black and white.

For example what if someone buys a lot of Porsches including the ones no one reasonable would buy (like high specs Cayennes and Panamera), then your dealer offers you a GT, you buy it knowing you will flip it, and do so after a few months with some $$ in the pocket. Is that moral?

Yeah there is always a grey area I agree, another example is how long do you keep it or how many miles you can put on it before it's considered flipping if you sell it? It's not always black and white. There are people who buy a car for example because they intend to enjoy it, and they drive it, use it, put miles on it, and then after a year or two they sell it to buy another car and they are lucky to get paid more than msrp then that is not flipping, good for them. That said, to me if your intention while ordering the car is already to sell it upon delivery then that is clearly flipping, no matter if you have bought other cars from the dealer.

--

Kobalt:

LET’S REFLECT ON THE ABSURDITY of the moment: Late last year, this magazine sent your narrator to Europe for the launch of a 700-hp, rear-engine, two-wheel-drive, turbocharged Porsche. Three laps into the day, your narrator found himself casually doing 170 mph on the front straight of the Algarve International Circuit. (Big place, ballsy corners, used for F1 testing, Portugal.)

This story originally appeared in the February, 2018 issue of Road & Track - Ed.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a15932846/first-drive-2018-porsche-911-gt2-rs/

Good one, Dan Smiley  Road & Track mag has become much better recently...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

porsche_2018_911_gt2_rs_c472228022018020431_9_db16d7b431b28a65ff4654c9ab7e107cbf417fb6.jpg

GT2 RS sideways on snow - DRIFT LIFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmnFOMkCMc

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662562 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401291 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254605 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229259 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59637 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853575 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    762012 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM