Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 992 (Next 911 generation 2018/2019) Thread Closed

Boyko23:
    RC:
    KresoF1:

Pic is real. Person responsible for the leak is the person who drove that pre-production car. 

Sorry to disappoint you but no pre-production car around without camouflage. 

Still not sure if photo is real, even if it looks real. 

The three photos by that magazine are photoshopped.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

I think, Kreso means "the person, who took it out of the truck maybe". This car has foil on the hood and fron bumper... 

This is why I think it could be photoshopped...Porsche does not use third parties for prototype/pre-production car transport and in the rare exceptions they do, these are trustable companies with NDAs signed. 

Whoever took this photo, if real, will probably loose his/her job. So this is not something to be taken lightly. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Boyko23:
    RC:
    KresoF1:

Pic is real. Person responsible for the leak is the person who drove that pre-production car. 

I think, Kreso means "the person, who took it out of the truck maybe". This car has foil on the hood and fron bumper... 

This is why I think it could be photoshopped...Porsche does not use third parties for prototype/pre-production car transport and in the rare exceptions they do, these are trustable companies with NDAs signed. 

Whoever took this photo, if real, will probably loose his/her job. So this is not something to be taken lightly. 

The photo is real. The car is real. It is a Porsche 992. To state the obvious, if it was just a Photoshop render, Porsche would not care. If they are a little bothered, asking for the original Instagram post to removed, that confirms it is real! A bit like the GT3 RS leak, it's good viral marketing for Porsche...

Let's put it this way-IF the picture is real then the only one responsible for its leak is the person who was/is responsible for this yellow car. Nobody else. 

Imagine yourself seeing same car in person at your PZ. You are alone and nobody is nearby. You would not take the picture? You most probably would not post it on instagram or here on rennteam. But, you would take it. At least, I would.

Had a kind of incident about 2 years ago when brother and I had a chance to see then not-yet-officially introduced AMG GT-R on petrol station near Stuttgart. Driver said no picture and demanded that we and about 10 other people who were at that point in time present on that petrol station erased all pictures from our phones. Nobody did that. In fact that Mercedes driver almost got smacked in the face by one truck driver. Truck driver said to him: you are fueling the car on public petrol station at 2pm and expect that nobody will took the pictures? 

Situation for this yellow 992 is different, especially IF the picture is really taken at PZ Augsburg. But, no camo and expect to be ignored? LOL...

Boxster Coupe GTS:
    RC:
    Boyko23:
    RC:
    KresoF1:

The photo is real. The car is real. It is a Porsche 992. To state the obvious, if it was just a Photoshop render, Porsche would not care. If they are a little bothered, asking for the original Instagram post to removed, that confirms it is real! A bit like the GT3 RS leak, it's good viral marketing for Porsche...

They didn't ask for the original Instagram post to be removed, simply because it never existed. Smiley

That Nina S. account exists but she never posted this photo on her account.

This is the reason why there is still some doubt the car is real, unless someone just went to this trouble just to hide where this photo came from (stupid idea though, since Porsche knows if and where a yellow 992 pre-production car without camouflage was on a ramp...). This is a serious breach of trust and security and will have serious consequences if the photo is real. This is no joke.

--

KresoF1:

Let's put it this way-IF the picture is real then the only one responsible for its leak is the person who was/is responsible for this yellow car. Nobody else. 

Imagine yourself seeing same car in person at your PZ. You are alone and nobody is nearby. You would not take the picture? You most probably would not post it on instagram or here on rennteam. But, you would take it. At least, I would.

No, I wouldn't post it. Yes, I would take it but for me only.

Why? Because it could get some people in serious trouble, loosing jobs trouble. Not worth it.

Had a kind of incident about 2 years ago when brother and I had a chance to see then not-yet-officially introduced AMG GT-R on petrol station near Stuttgart. Driver said no picture and demanded that we and about 10 other people who were at that point in time present on that petrol station erased all pictures from our phones. Nobody did that. In fact that Mercedes driver almost got smacked in the face by one truck driver. Truck driver said to him: you are fueling the car on public petrol station at 2pm and expect that nobody will took the pictures? 

Situation for this yellow 992 is different, especially IF the picture is really taken at PZ Augsburg. But, no camo and expect to be ignored? LOL...

When protoype/pre-production cars are out for a test-drive in camouflage, there is always a risk they get caught on camera. Car manufacturers are aware of it, sometimes they even want these cars to be caught on camera (with the camouflage of course). Not the same thing. Driver would only be in trouble if part of the camouflage is missing and he knows it and still drives around. Not going to happen.
    Trust me, I am very close to this "scene" and I know what is going on. Yes, drivers hate to be photographed with the prototype but if it happens and they followed the (internal) rules, no problem for them.

--

RC:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:
    RC:
    Boyko23:
    RC:
    KresoF1:

They didn't ask for the original Instagram post to be removed, simply because it never existed. Smiley

That Nina S. account exists but she never posted this photo on her account.

This is the reason why there is still some doubt the car is real, unless someone just went to this trouble just to hide where this photo came from (stupid idea though, since Porsche knows if and where a yellow 992 pre-production car without camouflage was on a ramp...). This is a serious breach of trust and security and will have serious consequences if the photo is real. This is no joke.

--

I have to correct you on this one. The photo WAS indeed posted to that Instagram account, as that is where a screenshot was copied from this morning where it was online, shortly before the original post was removed... Smiley

1519044686164image.jpeg

Boxster Coupe GTS:
    I have to correct you on this one. The photo WAS indeed posted to that Instagram account, as that is where a screenshot was copied from this morning where it was online, shortly before the original post was removed... Smiley

1519044686164image.jpeg

Have you made this screenshot? Smiley

--

I don't think this is a Photoshop. This image in particular would be very hard to Photoshop due to the lighting, angles, etc... It would really show IMO unless it's a pro job with lots of free time, and in that case they would of chosen another pic that showed the car better while being easier to chop. If there is any Photoshop, its an insignificant detail or two that is not related to it being an actual 992.

BTW, if I would of taken the pic, I would of not posted it either, not only would you likely get innocent people in trouble, but also its not fair to Porsche either and their hard work. I may talk about how it looked in words, that is fine, but not show the pic to anyone.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

There are two screenshots around the web from two different hours. It isn't PS. 

Carlos from Spain:

I don't think this is a Photoshop. This image in particular would be very hard to Photoshop due to the lighting, angles, etc... It would really show IMO unless it's a pro job with lots of free time, and in that case they would of chosen another pic that showed the car better while being easier to chop. If there is any Photoshop, its an insignificant detail or two that is not related to it being an actual 992.

BTW, if I would of taken the pic, I would of not posted it either, not only would you likely get innocent people in trouble, but also its not fair to Porsche either and their hard work. I may talk about how it looked in words, that is fine, but not show the pic to anyone.

If the photo is real, someone tried, obviously, to put the blame on someone else, which could be disastrous for that particular person. In this case, there is an official German Porsche dealership involved and this could put a lot of people in trouble, so it is very important to know if the car is real and when/where the photo has been taken.

I don't have much details, so everything is speculation so far.

--

The photo is real. I had a look at the instagram-feed for ninastegmaier this morning when the photo started to appear in media. It was there among her other photos. Now if one look at here account, the image is removed. So Porsche for sure has been in contact with her asking her to remove the image. 100%.

RC:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

1519044686164image.jpeg

Have you made this screenshot? Smiley

I have the original primary evidence, so no need for speculation from my perspective! It is real... Smiley

What is also weird: I checked her Instagram account and all the people who commented her photos and none of these people commented on the Porsche photo, zero. Weird. Also, none of the Porsche photo commenters made a comment in any of the other photo posts.

One thing is for sure: She doesn't work at Porsche Zentrum Augsburg and there is no trace of her Instagram account being connected to the Porsche Zentrum Augsburg. So it is weird that it appeared next to her name.

I still get the feeling that someone photoshopped a Panamera into a 992 but I am no photo forensic expert, so if this photo is real (again, it looks that way but the photo isn't very sharp), something about that Instagram account is off.

--

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

If the photo is real, someone tried, obviously, to put the blame on someone else, which could be disastrous for that particular person. In this case, there is an official German Porsche dealership involved and this could put a lot of people in trouble, so it is very important to know if the car is real and when/where the photo has been taken.

Yeah, I hope no one innocent gets screwed over for this and no collateral damage either. 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

Yeah, I hope no one innocent gets screwed over for this and no collateral damage either. 

If the photo is real, I have a suspicion and it isn't pretty. 

The story is already all over the internet, so...

--

I lightened up the dark parts of the rear a little:

1519036382028image.jpeg

the form of the rear wing isn't the same as on the spyshots we have all seen earlier. and the egine grill is not the same tooporsche-2019-911-c153619072017170548_5.jpg

At launch, we would expect to see 992 Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S... and they won't all look the same! Smiley

Kobalt:

I lightened up the dark parts of the rear a little:

1519036382028image.jpeg

This is the "Sport Design Paket" - the number plate is positioned at the bottom. Turbo will also have the plate down.

All other will have the plate positioned as usual. 

--

AM

OK, got the confirmation, photo is real...and the huge trouble it caused as well. Stay tuned...

--

Why all the fuss?? Porsche are probably delighted at the online activity this is generating. No doubt there will be plenty of dealers taking phone calls from excited customers desperate to place a deposit on the latest model so they can be the first to be seen driving it. This is all modern marketing spin and possibly even officially sanctioned by someone high up as a cheap teaser campaign. It is not as if technical details are being shared and an early glimpse of the new model is hardly going to change competitors model plans. We all know roughly what to expect with each new 911 generation..... steady as she goes, non ground breaking styling advancements are the order of the day. It is hilarious reading some of the rubbish being posted on various forums about the styling. It isn't exactly a radical departure from the 991.2 smiley 

The rear licence plate has dropped by all of what appears to be 180mm on the sport design kit version but you'd think the end of the world had been announced as a result of this. Oh the horror..... angry indecision

The problem is the fact that Porsche want to sell a lot 991.2 cars before this image has surfaced, imv... 

other than that, me personally don't see such a big trouble also.. 

Yes, this is huge... right up there with Watergate, Russia’s involvement in the election and the fake moon landings angelindecision

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Oh look, someone revealed the new 911 and it looks... like a 911. I really don't think Porsche cares that much.

bluelines:

Yes, this is huge... right up there with Watergate, Russia’s involvement in the election and the fake moon landings angelindecision

Yeah, it just got one particular person into huge trouble (= life changing) and others in big trouble with possible repercussions for a variety of people (and business) involved. Not pretty.

--

noone1:

Oh look, someone revealed the new 911 and it looks... like a 911. I really don't think Porsche cares that much.

They do...of course. The 991.2 GT3 RS leak was already an issue but this one? Oh boy.

--

RC:
    noone1:

They do...of course. The 991.2 GT3 RS leak was already an issue but this one? Oh boy.

For the GT3 RS, I had an info saying that the original release was early February and Porsche posponed it to the end of the month but forget to tell someone who had received the pictures with the original release info...

--

I remember when sex was safe and motor racing was dangerous...

bluelines:

Don't forget flat earth Smiley .... actually it may not be big for us, yes, but t is for Porsche, otherwise they would not put so much effort and resources into camouflaging the pre-production cars, NDAs, etc... and people loosing their job for something like this is a big deal as well.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    bluelines:

Don't forget flat earth Smiley .... actually it may not be big for us, yes, but t is for Porsche, otherwise they would not put so much effort and resources into camouflaging the pre-production cars, NDAs, etc... and people loosing their job for something like this is a big deal as well.

For us? It is actually great. We get to see the 992 early. For Porsche? Right now, a disaster as far as I can tell. Too early, way too early. 

Then, there is the stuff we do not see, the stuff going on behind the curtains. Certainly not important for the world but for the people involved... Smiley

--

Crazy if that is the case as one photo is hardly going to cause problems. Anyone in the market for a 911 knows the 992 is coming so it will not harm sales of the outgoing 991.2 one iota. Porsche took care of any slack in 991.2 sales by creating the 911 Carrera T knowing full well that the internet hype would create strong demand in the hope of it being a sought after time limited production run.

Porsche have already done themselves more harm in terms of lost sales by their entanglement in the biggest scandal to ever hit the auto industry through diesel gate and the emissions cheating that has been going on than a leaked photo of the back end of a 992 will ever do. It could even be argued that a judiciously timed "leak" of the new back end will cause a stampede of the fence sitters to try and secure a last production slot of the 991.2 as they realise they simply cannot handle the trauma of being denied what is once again the "last" something or other great 911 model smiley  Those people lining up to denounce the styling today will be lamenting it's passing in a model cycle and hailing it as the last ICE driven "proper" 911 and talking up used values as a result indecision

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764278 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436460 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261020 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257947 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82627 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876831 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808869 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM