Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

Gnil:
    LP997:
    RC:

I thought that 991.2 GT3 production ends this summer and no GT3 (only GT3 RS) after the summer vacation?! yes

RC I think its normal the GT3 and RS have the same motor!! its confirm like my dealer said production of the new RS and GT3 end of the year...After introduction of the 992 and hybrid era...

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

So how come WP in combination with magnesium rims  is available only from Feb 2019 ? 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Cause the WP GT2RS sucks up pretty much all the worldwide magnesium wheel productions. 

--

For those interested...

WP from June 2018 production as already mentioned.

Magnesium wheels from February 2019. Magnesium wheels are in Platinum as standard color.

991.2 GT3 RS will be for sure produced till July 2019.

No filter.

Any more questions?

KresoF1:

For those interested...

Magnesium wheels from February 2019. Magnesium wheels are in Platinum as standard color.

No filter.

Any more questions?

July 19 is quite far away. But interesting, that means I have time to be tired of my manual 3 to think to swap to a late RS. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

Kreso, that's good news. AP in an interview regarding GT3RS said that the magnesium wheels could not be order until 2019 because as Nick said, the GT2 is taking up the entire production of the wheels through 2018.

FWIW, I cannot understand why anyone would want them especially for $11,000.

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

nberry:

Because saving Rotating and Unsprung mass is one of the best performance advantages you can make (acceleration, braking, ride quality, and handling).  I know certain people who spend more than that on cosmetic options, so I have no problem with spending that amount on something that actually improves the function of the car.

BTW, buying those wheels separately from a BBS dealer is ~$20k, so it's not even a terrible price...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

i must admit that - as a GT3RS.1 owner - there is a certain want for the .2 version. particularly since i am having second thoughts about the 812 superfast. i can still cancel or shift to a very late pista allocation but to me the pista is somewhat over the top. as far as the 812 is concerned, my family and friends got very environmentally concerned and insulted me for getting an N/A 12 cyl 800HP car::::))))) they all say it is not in the 'zeitgeist':::))))

pmarkow:

i must admit that - as a GT3RS.1 owner - there is a certain want for the .2 version. particularly since i am having second thoughts about the 812 superfast. i can still cancel or shift to a very late pista allocation but to me the pista is somewhat over the top. as far as the 812 is concerned, my family and friends got very environmentally concerned and insulted me for getting an N/A 12 cyl 800HP car::::))))) they all say it is not in the 'zeitgeist':::))))

And the giant wing on the back of your GT3RS is not over the top?

crayphile:
    pmarkow:

well, i could just give you the usual answer: the big wing is iconic, makes the RS to what it is etc.....however, honestly, the answer is yes, it probably is over the top. but i have learned to live with it while the total package 488Pista is a bit ...let us say....socially intimidating:::)))) and this comes from a ferrari fan, please take this into account....anyway, after six months with the Pista  all might look differently,

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

pmarkow:
    crayphile:
    pmarkow:

well, i could just give you the usual answer: the big wing is iconic, makes the RS to what it is etc.....however, honestly, the answer is yes, it probably is over the top. but i have learned to live with it while the total package 488Pista is a bit ...let us say....socially intimidating:::)))) and this comes from a ferrari fan, please take this into account....anyway, after six months with the Pista  all might look differently,

I looked at both cars today and have to say the Pista looks stunning in real life. Certainly bold, but that’s just the case with an RS. Whatever you choose, all three are stunning in their own way.

On a side note, Ferrari released CF rims on the Pista as an option as well. Smiley

6kg lighter than my gen 1.....unfortunately preuninger did not say how i should go about sinking my GT3RS.1 in the river danube for good, before upgrading:) as far as i am concerned, the main improvement is the color:::)))) the green looks very nice.

Grant:
    nberry:

Because saving Rotating and Unsprung mass is one of the best performance advantages you can make (acceleration, braking, ride quality, and handling).  I know certain people who spend more than that on cosmetic options, so I have no problem with spending that amount on something that actually improves the function of the car.

BTW, buying those wheels separately from a BBS dealer is ~$20k, so it's not even a terrible price...

yeah those exact wheels in 918 spec are 60k+....................

--

DaveGordon:

I love APˋs reaction to the engine-question „There is more to come?“ Smiley

Could be a sign for the rumoured „Last-Cup-Edition“...

Blueflame

KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

So no difference at all between cars pre september and after September. Makes the most sense . How did they manage to meet the new pollution rules ? 

--

It was hard to know if he was trying not to reveal another more power NA model or whether he was afraid to say that the next cars will be turbocharged.  What do you guys think?

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

Do you think they may also extend the GT3 (non-RS) production into 2019?

--

Race car version over 600hp? Much more to come then!

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

Gnil:
    KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

So no difference at all between cars pre september and after September. Makes the most sense . How did they manage to meet the new pollution rules ? 

Wow,,, how the hell have they managed to do it with no filter from September.. Smiley...

Amazing, So badly want a WP with the Magnesium wheels Smiley. Feb 19 onwards ideal. Smiley...

in the meantime, Gnil, hairy chest from the uk will pop over and show you what yours can do Smiley Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:
    in the meantime, Gnil, hairy chest from the uk will pop over and show you what yours can do Smiley Smiley..

Be my guest , when ever you want . I have not been trimming my chest for the last 18 month SmileySmiley

--

EnglishManInNY:

Race car version over 600hp? Much more to come then!

Not necessarily - 911 race cars have been making big power (without a restrictor) for many years now.  Very different to have a >10,000 rpm redline motor that only needs to last a weekend without a warranty and doesn't need to have a street exhaust system (or emissions regs).

--

Gnil:
    throt:

Be my guest , when ever you want . I have not been trimming my chest for the last 18 month SmileySmiley

18 months Smiley

Summer 2018 gonna be fun, buddy Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Grant:
    KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

Hardly. 991.2 GT3 production will most probably end this year.

Thanks!

--

KresoF1:
    Grant:
    KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

Hardly. 991.2 GT3 production will most probably end this year.

MY dealer just told me that. Their last allocation for the GT3 is November.

Regarding Magnesium wheels, though I am certain they provide some improvement in performance, I don't believe it would make a world of difference for most drivers. It's the same with guys ordering radio delete. As if that is going to make a difference in over all performance.Smiley

Just too many wannabe's.Smiley

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

The real reason for Radio Delete had more to do with getting rid of the ugly roof antenna than performance.  Though some also are glad to be free of the distraction and have a more driver focused car.

--

SciFrog:

In a trade war, everyone looses but large exporters will loose more.

Even though it might sound logical it is incorrect... Just consider the following (simplified) example:

- US buyers of European cars buy these cars for a reason 

- Now we make these cars from the EU more expensive

- As a consequence, the US buyer might then buy the inferior product (a product he did not want to buy before)

- Consequently, the pressure on US car producers to improve their products will reduce, at the same time they can increase prices

- As a result the US car buyer pays more for even lower quality, for a car he was "forced" to buy by his "president"

- At the same time, international car makers are forced to get better and better making their products competitive at even higher prices (given the temporary tariffs)

- The longer the tariffs are applicable the weaker the US car maker will get relative to its international competition and in the end it might be finished when the markets are opened up again after Mr T went home or to prison; the international car makers will then retaliate and put severe pressure on the US car makers that are even less competitive than today

- In the meantime, the US buyer also has less money for other purposes which will hurt other US products the buyer can no longer purchase as he now paid more for a car he did not want to buy before (the potentially higher dividend of the US car maker - following from reduced competitive pressure and higher car prices - will get distributed to the international shareholder base, some of the shareholders might live in the US and spend the higher dividend, of course)

Smiley 

P.S.: The above example illustrates why there are no reputable economists who argue in favor of tariffs or other trade barriers

Grant:

The real reason for Radio Delete had more to do with getting rid of the ugly roof antenna than performance.  Though some also are glad to be free of the distraction and have a more driver focused car.

Grant,

all you have to do is move ROW, please review below.  But as a matter of 2 data points, neither Sky nor Sun have ever turned the radio on in their GT3s.

IMG_0286.jpg

throt:

Wow,,, how the hell have they managed to do it with no filter from September.. Smiley...

By selling the cars outside of Europe?

(Sometimes I think KresoF1 is AP.)

nberry:

If Trump goes through with the steel tariffs, I wonder how many cars the US will lose.surprise

Trump is playing poker right now (and surprisingly, he keeps his promises to his voters Smiley).

Also, did you know that there are higher customs tariffs for US cars exported to the EU than the other way around? Trump kind of has a point here, if we like it or not. Why should US manufacturers pay more to import cars to Europe than the other way around? Sounds fair? Funny enough, TTIP was supposed to take care of that but I think that it is dead...for now.

That whole threat with higher tariffs on cars happened after the EU threatened with countermeasures to the steel tariffs hike. So far, nothing has happened but the press, especially in Germany, makes a big deal out of it. So big, that anti-US sentiment in Germany has risen to new heights I'm afraid.

Regarding steel, well...the Chinese government is basically subsidizing their steel, so...makes sense. Unfortunately the Chinese will try to retaliate in a way or another, so let's see where this is going.

Since the WTO is involved in this and there are treaties in place, I think we all need to relax a little bit. There will be negotiations...

Now let's get back to cars...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Gnil:
    KresoF1:

For those interested...

No filter.

Any more questions?

So no difference at all between cars pre september and after September. Makes the most sense . How did they manage to meet the new pollution rules

This is a very good question but it is technically possible. I just found out for example that my Audi R8 is Euro 6b and Euro 6b apparently already takes care of soot particulates. Probably not to the extent of Euro 6d temp but maybe enough to avoid any future driving bans in German cities. So maybe Porsche found a solution without particulate filter to fulfill Euro 6d temp? Smiley I guess we are going to learn more next month.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688147 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408528 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234690 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM