Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

Heh, so, surprise-surprise, it'll turn into a 5000-odd run just like the last one...

Does make me wonder why .2 GT3 production was kept so low, though - given there weren't issues with certification etc.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Heh, so, surprise-surprise, it'll turn into a 5000-odd run just like the last one...

Does make me wonder why .2 GT3 production was kept so low, though - given there weren't issues with certification etc.

GT2 RS...GT3 RS...GT3 Touring...they need the capacity. (higher gain margin, especially GT2 RS and GT3 RS).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Kobalt:
    Whoopsy:
    Kobalt:

SWE-GER 3-4   Sweden is now officially a country in sorrow.

Quite alright. Look at the Americans, they lost to Czech! Smiley

As of now: GER-CAN  4-1  22 minutes left of the game.

Welcome to Germany Whoopsy!  :-)

I don't mind! Germany is my 3rd home country anyway, after Canada, England Smiley

This lost will teach those pesky cocky Canadians something. 

--

throt:

GT Silver all the way, Gnil blush....

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

What about black with gold rims Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Kreso implied that PTS is for after October. Also WP is rumored for after October . That would not go with the rumor about 1 batch for EU and 2 nd batch for ROW

Porsche also owes to their clients to clear things up and to tell us exactly what is the plan. 

--

Gnil:
    throt:

GT Silver all the way, Gnil blush....

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

+Smiley,,,

i would have a shouty RS though ... Full bling, medallion spec Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Thé  gold medal would look so good on my black hairy chest ! 

--

Oh boy,,,,,, sooooo goood!...indecision...

Wonder if our bluelines has had his chest out trying to secure one indecision...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

Wonder if our bluelines has had his chest out trying to secure one indecision...

Nah, he is all sensible now.. no even tried to talk me out of one.... UNLESS! it may be a cunning plan to steal mine away

--

RC:

New rumor: First batch (before September) for the EU, second batch (after September) for ROW. Both without particulate filter. This rumor came from a supplier, so it may not be accurate.

Does someone in the US or ROW who ordered the 991.2 GT3 RS already a confirmed build date before September?

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

there are some June allocation for UAE since few months. let's see the final word on them Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Eric,check your pm devil

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

RC:
    nberry:

In the US, dealers will not get their allocations until April with delivery in the fall. This is the same schedule they had last year for the 2GT3. Example; my .2GT3 was to be built in July and delivered in September. That is until they delayed all GT3 deliveries until later in October.

So this could actually confirm the rumor that first batch is for Europe and second batch (same as first batch without particulate filter) is for ROW only. Meaning: Europeans can get their cars until August 2018 and ROW afterwards. Makes actually more sense than the two engine (one with and one without particulate filter) rumor.

Not sure however how many cars Porsche can produce until August, probably not the rumored 1000-2000 (first batch). Second batch was rumored for 3000+.

Too many stupid rumors out there, unbelievable.

Porsche could end this rumor crap with one simple and clear statement... Smiley

--

So in other words if you live in Europe and haven't had a call from your OPC yet, then unlikely to get one Smiley

cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

In the US, dealers will not get their allocations until April with delivery in the fall. This is the same schedule they had last year for the 2GT3. Example; my .2GT3 was to be built in July and delivered in September. That is until they delayed all GT3 deliveries until later in October.

So this could actually confirm the rumor that first batch is for Europe and second batch (same as first batch without particulate filter) is for ROW only. Meaning: Europeans can get their cars until August 2018 and ROW afterwards. Makes actually more sense than the two engine (one with and one without particulate filter) rumor.

Not sure however how many cars Porsche can produce until August, probably not the rumored 1000-2000 (first batch). Second batch was rumored for 3000+.

--

So in other words if you live in Europe and haven't had a call from your OPC yet, then unlikely to get one Smiley

More likely correct for UK than Germany.

DaveGordon:
    throt:

Nah, he is all sensible now.. no even tried to talk me out of one.... UNLESS! it may be a cunning plan to steal mine away

Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Gnil:

I think this is a good look, Eric!  But I would want to get matching Gold "GT3 RS" script decal.  I think the script and wheels should match (like the old days):

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AM17/Amelia-Island/lots/r146-1974-porsche-911-carrera-rs-30/416321

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in yellow...

1519415079575image.jpeg

Great-looking car. If only it was Signal Yellow.. blush

--

cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

--

Did you secure a gen2 GT3, bud?..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Grant:
    Gnil:

I think this is a good look, Eric!  But I would want to get matching Gold "GT3 RS" script decal.  I think the script and wheels should match (like the old days):

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AM17/Amelia-Island/lots/r146-1974-porsche-911-carrera-rs-30/416321

Black/Gold appeals to me, too - and I had the same reaction to the sticker - silver seemed out of place unless silver wheels were chosen.

--

throt:
    cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

--

You mean a 991.2 ? Never showed an interest for that car, wanted to go from my 997.2 3 to a 991.2 RS. 

cdixon:
    throt:
    cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

--

You mean a 991.2 ? Never showed an interest for that car, wanted to go from my 997.2 3 to a 991.2 RS. 

Yep,, 991.2. Smiley. If I was a betting man I would put a bet on that there will be more RS’s later on this year. Never say never.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    cdixon:
    throt:
    cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

--

Yep,, 991.2. Smiley. If I was a betting man I would put a bet on that there will be more RS’s later on this year. Never say never.

Fingers crossed Throt Smiley

cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

--

My advice remains the same: If you want one, try to get one, don't give up, no matter what. Dealers may get second allocations, whatever, nothing is written in stone yet and too many rumors out there, so everything is possible.

Only thing which is for sure: No limitation, limitation by production only, one year production time, 5000+ cars total. This is the only certain thing. Everything else remains to be seen, so DO NOT GIVE UP because if you do, someone else might get "your" allocation. Talk to dealers, bug them, try everything you can to get one, if you give up, you won't get one.

--

Do you maybe know if the GT3 will also continue production after September? Since there will be no particulate filter supposedly.

If not, then total producation number of the RS' will yet again be greater than that of the GT3's.

--

White 991.2 GT3, production week 10

Gauss:

Do you maybe know if the GT3 will also continue production after September? Since there will be no particulate filter supposedly.

This is still the big mystery out there. Thing is: The new EU law doesn't say anything about a particulate filter, it just provides new emissions regulations. However, it seems that the only way to meet them is...a particulate filter. Maybe Porsche found a way around it, maybe a loophole, I don't have a clue. There is also that rumor with the 4.2 l engine and of course the new rumor with the first batch EU and second batch ROW cars (after August).

I do not understand why Porsche doesn't clarify this, it would help a lot of customers to make the right decision.

--

What’s caused confusion here in the UK was how quickly these first RS’s were allocated, spec and locked, 3 days apparently and the build of them is this April which is practically alongside the last of the UK GT3’s. Looks like Porsche are making sure these babies are out the door before the filter..That’s why the forums here are running with no more after these for the UK.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

What’s caused confusion here in the UK was how quickly these first RS’s were allocated, spec and locked, 3 days apparently and the build of them is this April which is practically alongside the last of the UK GT3’s. Looks like Porsche are making sure these babies are out the door before the filter..That’s why the forums here are running with no more after these for the UK.

The allocation and spec process in the UK is a complete shambles.  Allocation is a local issue  ( dealers’ chums always seem to get one of everything )but the spec lock with a gun to the head is more likely coming from Germany.

Mm, curious. I drove my .1 GT3 to the UK and popped into the local (big) dealer to say hello and it was the first ne they had seen. Other way around this time apparently.

--

RC:
    cdixon:
    RC:
    nberry:

--

My advice remains the same: If you want one, try to get one, don't give up, no matter what. Dealers may get second allocations, whatever, nothing is written in stone yet and too many rumors out there, so everything is possible.

Only thing which is for sure: No limitation, limitation by production only, one year production time, 5000+ cars total. This is the only certain thing. Everything else remains to be seen, so DO NOT GIVE UP because if you do, someone else might get "your" allocation. Talk to dealers, bug them, try everything you can to get one, if you give up, you won't get one.

Thanks RC. I will continue to push my dealer. 

RC:
    Gauss:

This is still the big mystery out there. Thing is: The new EU law doesn't say anything about a particulate filter, it just provides new emissions regulations. However, it seems that the only way to meet them is...a particulate filter. Maybe Porsche found a way around it, maybe a loophole, I don't have a clue. There is also that rumor with the 4.2 l engine and of course the new rumor with the first batch EU and second batch ROW cars (after August).

I do not understand why Porsche doesn't clarify this, it would help a lot of customers to make the right decision.

GT3 was homologated before september 2017 so its homologation stops before september 2018.

if they want to sell it past september, they will have to get a new homologation Smiley

5000+ 991.2 GT3RS is a bit optimistic. they can't really go more than 20-25 GT a day. 1 year production would mean 4000+ units.

First GT3RS did not meet 5000 units in almost 18 months production. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691472 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410351 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256319 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235490 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65811 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4751 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858966 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775374 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM