Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Alonso - Any options other than Renault?

The adoration for Alonso here is staggering!

Apparently he has three options open:

1. Run for the highest political office in Denmark.

2. Compete in "Dancing with the Stars" - if a two time Indy winner can win, Alonso has a chance.

3. Turn down Renaults offer, whatever it is, and go
    to NASCAR - More money and no catty Brit press.

I don't know where Alonso will be racing this year, but Lewis Hamilton has a new ride for this season:

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Two great quotes from Alonso this year:

"I bought six tenths to the team"

"Ten teams want to sign me up" (in October)

Yeah right!

Hey, don't forget this one. It was the greatest:

"I'm not really bothered about Ferrari, they're a bit out of the picture. For me the thing is to beat Fernando"

I'm sure it took you all day to write the above post but please can you explain what possible relevance it has to the topic?

Quote:
    cgt said:
    I'm sure it took you all day to write the above post but please can you explain what possible relevance it has to the topic?

Has your thread any relevance? It's full of posts.

Answer the question please?!

I do hope you will continue to post random and meaningless statements next year when Alonso is lurking at the back of the grid, Rennteam would definitely not be as entertaining without you.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Answer the question please?!

I do hope you will continue to post random and meaningless statements next year when Alonso is lurking at the back of the grid, Rennteam would definitely not be as entertaining without you.

The man who says that Glock is better than Alonso

I understand that your pride is hurt after your Golden Boy lost the Championship in the most pathetic way ever, but that wasn't Alonso's fault, no matter what the media tries to inculcate you

It would be a good move if you stopped hating him so much.

You really are delusional!

Quote:
    cgt said:

This is nuts. I do not have a dog in this fight but I find it hard to question the ability of anyone who has been F1 champion once much less twice in a row.
    In equal cars I would give Alonso the edge over Lewis anyday. Maybe Kimi would be quicker but if the car were brand new to all of them I believe Alonso would adapt quicker. Just my observations after watching every F1 race for over 35 years.
    What facts are available to maintain that Alonso is slower than half the field? His missing the Championship for a 3rd time by one point is certainly not evidence in my mind. There is some deep, unrational misunderstanding here or some hatred that I do not understand.
    Peace!
    By the way - if you read my posts leading up to the final race you will see that I was 100% correct in predicting that Lewis would not win the Chamionship. Maybe Bernie and I know something you don't.

Leawood I was not referring to his speed relative to LH when I mentioned being delusional, more the illogical ranting emanating from our learned colleague :-)

FWIW I think Kimi is the fastest driver in F1 by a significant margin at the moment.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

In equal cars I would give Alonso the edge over Lewis anyday.

Problem is that the last year contradict this assumption... Alonso failed

I would ask two simple questions, Yes or no answers will suffice, no need to get completely confused by posting random pictures of Naomi Campbell which has nothing to do with this thread;

1) Is Alonso worth 6/10ths?

2) Is he in demand by every team on the grid as he stated?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then why has every team in the pitlane not torn up their driver contracts and had a desperate bidding war for his services?

The fact that neither has happened and he appears to be unwanted suggests that either

a) He is overrated
    b) He is a good driver but teams are unwilling to tolerate his behaviour.

Time will tell the real story, but this is how it looks. And F1 team bosses know far more than us observers. If Fernando is the new Schumacher, I dont believe for a second that every team would not be desperate for him.

On the other hand, if he is an overrated primadonna who has paranoia issues ...I leave you to draw your own conclusions..

Note for psycho fans: I said IF..

I go back to what I said 10 days ago.....

Quote:
    John H said:
    Seriously, he doesn't deserve a drive next season and if Renault don't take him that's exactly what he'll get...

To answer your questions simply:-

1) Depends on the car.

2) No.

Is there any life left in this thread.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    I would ask two simple questions, Yes or no answers will suffice, no need to get completely confused by posting random pictures of Naomi Campbell which has nothing to do with this thread;

What is this thread about?

Quote:
    cgt said:1) Is Alonso worth 6/10ths?

Yes or no, it depends. If you ask Renault or you ask McLaren, the answers are going to be different

Quote:
    cgt said:2) Is he in demand by every team on the grid as he stated?

I think that any team with aspirations to win a title would like to have a driver of Alonso's level in its team

Quote:
    cgt said:If the answer to both questions is yes, then why has every team in the pitlane not torn up their driver contracts and had a desperate bidding war for his services?

Apparently Alonso wants a one year long contract but teams would like to hire him for longer.

BTW, why are there drivers that prefer to stay in Force India or Williams instead of going to McLaren?

1) Yes
    2) Yes, but they all wouldn't admit it publicly

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

This is nuts. I do not have a dog in this fight but I find it hard to question the ability of anyone who has been F1 champion once much less twice in a row.
    In equal cars I would give Alonso the edge over Lewis anyday. Maybe Kimi would be quicker but if the car were brand new to all of them I believe Alonso would adapt quicker. Just my observations after watching every F1 race for over 35 years.
    What facts are available to maintain that Alonso is slower than half the field? His missing the Championship for a 3rd time by one point is certainly not evidence in my mind. There is some deep, unrational misunderstanding here or some hatred that I do not understand.
    Peace!
    By the way - if you read my posts leading up to the final race you will see that I was 100% correct in predicting that Lewis would not win the Chamionship. Maybe Bernie and I know something you don't.

alonso may be faster sometime, but hamilton has a more constant performance

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Peace!

alonso may be faster sometime, but hamilton has a more constant performance

I would say the contrary, Hamilton may be faster in qualfication (specially with current Bridgestone tires) but Alonso's race pace is superior.

Quote:
    cgt said:

1) Is Alonso worth 6/10ths?

2) Is he in demand by every team on the grid as he stated?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then why has every team in the pitlane not torn up their driver contracts and had a desperate bidding war for his services?

The fact that neither has happened and he appears to be unwanted suggests that either

a) He is overrated
    b) He is a good driver but teams are unwilling to tolerate his behaviour.

Time will tell the real story, but this is how it looks. And F1 team bosses know far more than us observers. If Fernando is the new Schumacher, I dont believe for a second that every team would not be desperate for him.

On the other hand, if he is an overrated primadonna who has paranoia issues ...I leave you to draw your own conclusions..

Note for psycho fans: I said IF..

Like mentioned by a previous poster Alonso only want a one year contract which is something that most teams would not like to commit too, especially when they already have committed to other drivers. Barely none of the teams like one night stands.

Wouldn't it be hilariously funny if Alonso was again outdriven by another driver in his rookie F1 season (Nelson Piquet Jr) at Renault in 2008 ? I don't think I would be able to stop laughing if that happened

Poor Alonso Nobody loves him Maybe he should ask himself why that is...

That will be a little too much for him... I hope it doesn't happen again.

It will also be too much for Gangajas and a few others here

Quote:
    cgt said:

Don't worry, thanks to experts like you I already know that Alonso is a mediocre driver so I would not be surprised at all if he's beaten by his teammate.

But man, if he is better than his teammate, considering how pathetic he is and how limited his driving skills are, that would be a huge achievement for him.

again I'm amazed by all the bullsh!t it has been said!!!!

So cgt, you say Alonso is just a bad F1 driver?, with no skills?, no nothing?....

Hamilton is a GREAT driver, and I say this without doubting a second....Saw his interview at top gear, and his laptime was just insane, even the stig was amazed!....

But cammon, please, it just hurts reading your posts about negative comments about Alonso's F1 career

As for where is Alonso going next year; I think its very simple and easy, now even more with Renaults positive ending vs maFIA.....I hope Flavio has a good car for the best driver of the moment !

And if Alonso decides to return to Mclaren for a year contract I literally get a plain to England, and hit Alonso!!!!....Lets leave Mclaren just for Hamilton, lets leave dad and son alone next year!

Here is a pic of Ron with Alonso, that is already history!!!!, look at the face of Ron, and say me if that smile could be seen again in 08 season if Alonso decides to burn another year of his F1 career in hell(aka Mclaren )

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Don't worry, thanks to experts like you I already know that Alonso is a mediocre driver so I would not be surprised at all if he's beaten by his teammate.

But man, if he is better than his teammate, considering how pathetic he is and how limited his driving skills are, that would be a huge achievement for him.

It is really funny how the British people hate Alonso.

AM

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    So cgt, you say Alonso is just a bad F1 driver?, with no skills?, no nothing?....

Where did I say that? I have said several times how GOOD I think he is but how he gets easily rattled which affects his performance and temperament making him look ordinary. Witness Canada, Malaysia and Japan last year and going back further several qualifying sessions in 2005 against Trulli.
    Irrespective of if you like or dislike Hamilton, he does appear to have a much calmer head than Alonso.

If English is not your first language Alex then I respectfully ask that you please do not make assumptions and put words in my mouth.

I am not the one who is saying Alonso will have problems with Piquet's pace next year, but many people on the internet are. I think it will be fascinating to watch. Piquet's father has said he expects his son to outqualify Alonso in their first race!

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

AM

It really is funny how irrational and blinkered Alonso fans are who make sweeping generalisations without paying any attention to something a person has said unless it suits their own agenda..

Forums are about debate and opinion, not fanaticism!

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

AM

Not only the British

Quote:
    cgt said:

Irrespective of if you like or dislike Hamilton, he does appear to have a much calmer head than Alonso.

Yeah, that was quite evident in China and Brazil, he never cracks under pressure. That why he's the new WDC after all.

^ I seriously fear for your health and sanity if Alonso does not win again...

Quote:
    cgt said:
    ^ I seriously fear for your health and sanity if Alonso does not win again...

^ I seriously fear for your health and sanity if Alonso does win again...

Don't worry about me so much, I don't deserve such interest.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

AM

Not only the British

Here's an Aussie who doesn't like Alonso's brat like behaviour. He is a good driver though. No doubt. But having said that, I don't think he is in the league of Schumacher. I don't think any of the current crop are. Yet. Some of them may be quick, but not level headed, or not consistent, or crack under pressure etc. Mika was the last driver in the same league as Michael.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781449 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442705 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263423 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261783 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85902 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5953 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881540 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819288 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM