Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Autocar and CAR first drive: Nissan GT-R

Faster than a 911 TT on the straights? According to HvS' drive, it was actually slower on the Dottinger Höhe.

WAY, let's just wait for the results. I hope that the car is as fast as claimed, because it's starting to grow on me, but you hyping it up and criticizing oters as non-believers is the same as those others criticizing the GT-R without any test results. Let's wait and see how well it does in the hands of good old Horst.

Whatever , if it starts at 55K GBP though , thats got to be a THE best bargain out there at the moment..It would look arse kicking in black , very rude..

Re: Autocar first drive: Nissan GT-R

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Markus,

I know that. Motorpresse is the company that own Sport Auto.

Problem for me is that Horst drove Norsdchleife development prototyp of GT-R. My point is-will EU version of GT-R be that good?

Valid point, indeed. Also, the video Nissan publsihed was sure not done with a "regular" customer car. So, in essence, all could be just a marketing hype... Which leads us back to: "let's wait for the Supertest"

Here we go, doubters are back again...

P.S.: We treat all brands equal, you know

Quote:
    Crash said:
    WAY, let's just wait for the results. I hope that the car is as fast as claimed, because it's starting to grow on me, but you hyping it up and criticizing oters as non-believers is the same as those others criticizing the GT-R without any test results. Let's wait and see how well it does in the hands of good old Horst.

Fair point. Let's wait and see. But for the sake of all of us enthusiast, let's hope the hype is real!

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Fair point. Let's wait and see. But for the sake of all of us enthusiast, let's hope the hype is real!

That can only be good for us!

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks temm .

I like this quote from CAR.

Quote:
    Quite simply, the new GT-R is the world's most multi-faceted supercar. There is no fast car so easy to steer, none so forgiving, no car that has more armoury in its quest to go fast and keep you out of trouble.

Just as that old GT-R resets the standards for front-engined coupés, so the new one lifts the bar ever higher. An M3 beater? Easily. M5? Think higher. This car is faster, more high-tech, sharper, more capable. Faster than a 911 Turbo on the straight. Or on the circuit. And all for normal 911 money. Genius.
    Gavin Green

Which is why I'm trying to get you to buy one
    You can fit the kids in it, and with the US price it's a f...ing steal!

Another UK review, from 4Car:
    http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/nissan/gt-r/12494/

Quote:
    As you walk up to Nissan's new GT-R for the first time, key in hand, it could be that you have some idea in your head of what this menacing, muscle-bound 480bhp V6 twin-turbo 4WD Japanese super-coupe might be like.

But you'd be wrong. You'd expect it to be fast - that goes without saying. And pretty full-on and raunchy. Now multiply all that by a factor of, say, five and you're starting to get close to what the GT-R's all about.

To cut to the chase, the GT-R is simply phenomenal, redefining normal parameters of what 'quick' might mean, especially when that very special 3,799cc twin-turbo V6 is spooled up and really into its stride. We're talking 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds and a 193mph top end here, and that's just for starters.

Then there's the way all that performance is delivered to the road, the way the GT-R attacks corners and makes a great car like the 350Z feel puny. No kidding. Be in no doubt, the GT-R is something special.

temm , the RS5 will have it hands full and to say it sticks more than a 911 turbo is a big quote , cant wait to see it in the flesh...

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Thanks temm .

I like this quote from CAR.

Quote:
    Quite simply, the new GT-R is the world's most multi-faceted supercar. There is no fast car so easy to steer, none so forgiving, no car that has more armoury in its quest to go fast and keep you out of trouble.

Just as that old GT-R resets the standards for front-engined coupés, so the new one lifts the bar ever higher. An M3 beater? Easily. M5? Think higher. This car is faster, more high-tech, sharper, more capable. Faster than a 911 Turbo on the straight. Or on the circuit. And all for normal 911 money. Genius.
    Gavin Green

Which is why I'm trying to get you to buy one
    You can fit the kids in it, and with the US price it's a f...ing steal!

Quote:
    4trac said:
    I wonder if they are running up against the final limitations of the 911 platform/layout.

I don't think so. The GT-R is as far of from an ideal, low-profile mid-engined sportscar as the 997 TT. The later featuring a boxster engine, there is no reason to change it due to packaging reasons (note: I am not a Porsche employee ). In fact I do believe that weight savings, or clever engineering as on the Audi TT, will further even out the weight distribution.
    The crucial question for Porsche will finally be, if they further simplify the 911's handling which would inevitably reduce the car's characteristic driving character & performance.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Right! A German driver under cutting a German icon. No way.

Can Horst maximize performance in a car other than a manual? Very debatable.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Can you? You have absolutely no basis for criticizing Von Saurma's performance. If you think he can handle a stick, but can't handle your beloved kiddie paddles, you should think again.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Can you? You have absolutely no basis for criticizing Von Saurma's performance. If you think he can handle a stick, but can't handle your beloved kiddie paddles, you should think again.

Nick,
    I fully agree with Andrej here.

I like your attitude most of the time but, not in this case.

Horst actually prised GT-R very, very much indeed.

BTW, regarding DSG gearbox... All DSG gearboxes are much closer in character to true automatics then to any manual(or sequential manual like your F1) IMHO.

I really wish there was word on whether a true manual would be coming stateside anytime soon...it would be not only less expensive but also weigh less....

video

Very nice video, thanks for sharing

Quote:
    4trac said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    [Part of me hopes that the GT-R kicks Porsche's butt so that the Turbo facelift is a car worth having.

I share the view that competition is good for Porsche, but I wonder if they are running up against the final limitations of the 911 platform/layout. This has been discussed to death I know, but IMO Porsche need a new GT platform for the next 40 years; Nissan may be pointing the way with a front mid-engine, 4wd-capable layout. Now if Porsche could only build this with 200kg less weight, we would have a winner.

Back to Temm's post, neither the Nissan label nor the looks are issues for me - rather it is the fact that this car is substantially larger than the 911, and I think (at least this afternoon...) I want something just a bit more personally sized than a large, wide, heavy GT - even one with supernatural grip (if I were in that market, a good used Maranello might be fun... ).

Porsche need a cayman_RS,maybe.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764638 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436683 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261132 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258039 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82693 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877052 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809149 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM