Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2018 E63 from AMG is back

For Rennteam purposes does the GLC63 count for the shortest time RC's owned a car?

RC-  In the second pic of spec there appears to be yellow leather on the bottom half of the door panels.  Is that the case?  Don't have that here in the States

The car is meh. Reminds me of a wannabe old man driving around in a sedan that looks like a thousand others but tricked up. You’re wife knows you well. She senses this is an impulse impractical purchase when comparing it to the SUV. I predict this car will be gone within 12 months if not sooner.

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

waiting for PDK:

For Rennteam purposes does the GLC63 count for the shortest time RC's owned a car?

You should wait and see to make that judgement : the E63s might take its place as it's only been on order for about 41 minutes Smiley Tomorrow it will  be replaced by a cayenne turbo as he does not like sedans. If I remember correctly, I've read many times from Christian "never again a sedan", "biggest mistake in my life", Smiley

I'm kidding Christian ! Many Congrats! I think you've made the right choice. Not to mention that the interior of the GLC is far inferior to the E63 and same goes for the drivetrain, steering, etc. The E63 is just one class above the C-class/GLC, period. Smiley

RC:
    Lars997:

I better don't tell her... Smiley

I really love my wife: She just called me to ask me if this was the car I really wanted (options and all) because she was worried I didn't "get" what I want (since we always switch cars and she wants me to drive what I like). Sweet. Smiley

Oh man, Some have ability to show and tell how they like you, some don't. Mine is the same as yours, but me, myself, No, I can't say with words and I know Im wrong but just I can't.

nberry:

The car is meh. Reminds me of a wannabe old man driving around in a sedan that looks like a thousand others but tricked up. You’re wife knows you well. She senses this is an impulse impractical purchase when comparing it to the SUV. I predict this car will be gone within 12 months if not sooner.

I sense a lot of negativity. We never hear about your wife Nick? Lol.  

Personally I think RC will love this car and keep it past the lease. Long after the R8 is gone. If 600 hp is wannabe then count me the flying duck in. 

As pointed out many times. One is a C class one is an E. Both are top of their class. No comparison. 

Leawood911:
    nberry:

Personally I think RC will love this car and keep it past the lease. Long after the R8 is gone. If 600 hp is wannabe then count me the flying duck in. 

As pointed out many times. One is a C class one is an E. Both are top of their class. No comparison. 

Plus one Smiley.. Christian will love it. Remember, the dude 52 yrs really old now Smiley Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

E class is superior to anything coming from the C class.

same lease rate is no brainerkiss

taking a braking system to match a stitching instead of the great sound system is very funny though smiley and really Porsche mind

plastidip is like 500e to paint the caliper and it takes one afternoon to put them back to original color angry

Congratulations RC

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

the-missile:

taking a braking system to match a stitching instead of the great sound system is very funny though smiley and really Porsche mind

plastidip is like 500e to paint the caliper and it takes one afternoon to put them back to original color angry

Congratulations RC

Ceramic brakes sound better with 600 horses 🐎. Upgraded sound system would need to compete with the 🐎 all day long. In my hands the sounds system would be off so I could listen for the sirens over the motor screaming. 

the-missile:

Congratulations RC

Thanks. Smiley

Forgot to mention: With the ceramic brakes and some other (minor) options I added, the lease rate is now exactly 100 EUR higher per month, incl. VAT. Was worth it though.

Another thing: The yellow stitching can be ordered not only with selenite grey magno for an Edition 1 car but also with that other nice matte metallic color, night black. The night black is too dark though in my opinion but still looks great.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

amazon:
    waiting for PDK:

You should wait and see to make that judgement : the E63s might take its place as it's only been on order for about 41 minutes Smiley Tomorrow it will  be replaced by a cayenne turbo as he does not like sedans. If I remember correctly, I've read many times from Christian "never again a sedan", "biggest mistake in my life", Smiley

I'm kidding Christian ! Many Congrats! I think you've made the right choice. Not to mention that the interior of the GLC is far inferior to the E63 and same goes for the drivetrain, steering, etc. The E63 is just one class above the C-class/GLC, period. Smiley

In the past, I always tried to find the holy grail of a family car slash sports car slash daily driver. Didn't go well.

The secret is: You need three different cars and things are good. Smiley

R8 is the sports car (I already have it almost two years...), the E63 is going to be the daily driver and family car and the C63 convertible will be the sunny weather toy. Perfect!

Yes, adding a Cayenne Turbo to the mix would be nice but where would it fit in now?

I'd rather get another small racer, like a BMW 235i xDrive or an A45 AMG. Maybe...after the Mini JCW goes.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

nberry:

I am old, I am 53. Smiley

My wife really insisted on this car because she knows me well. Whenever I need to vent after driving the old man's car, I still have the R8 to drive Smiley...or I just ask a buddy to switch with his car (which I usually don't like because I hate letting someone else drive my car but otherwise, I don't get the chance to drive his). Smiley

When you have choices, you don't get bored fast.

--

waiting for PDK:

Nope...since I only ordered it but never took delivery. Smiley

--

BONES:

RC-  In the second pic of spec there appears to be yellow leather on the bottom half of the door panels.  Is that the case?  Don't have that here in the States

I assume you mean the ambient lighting, you can choose from various colors, incl. yellow. Smiley

--

throt:
    Leawood911:
    nberry:

Plus one Smiley.. Christian will love it. Remember, the dude 52 yrs really old now Smiley Smiley Smiley...

Your 53 yrs, bud...I thought 52 Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

RC:
    nberry:

My wife really insisted on this car because she knows me well. Whenever I need to vent after driving the old man's car, I still have the R8 to drive Smiley...or I just ask a buddy to switch with his car (which I usually don't like because I hate letting someone else drive my car but otherwise, I don't get the chance to drive his). Smiley

Christian, I hope you find nirvana with the car. I don't think it will happen but I am rooting for you.Smiley

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

Over/Under is 17.5 months for him to keep the car for.

--

And I am taking the under 

--

Yup for shure under

smiley Under

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Congrats! What is the estimated delivery time?

Amazing specs! The yellow stitching of the E1 is superb. And yes - that looks better with the carbon disks!

I didn't see you such excited about a car since a long time kiss

How is the matte paint to look after? I had a motorbike in a similar matte grey and it was a nightmare. Got covered in marks which were very difficult to get off.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Congrats , I like the car ....... but probably not longer then a few month   

Your itch for a SUV will come back rather sooner then later .....

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

nberry:
    RC:
    nberry:

Christian, I hope you find nirvana with the car. I don't think it will happen but I am rooting for you.Smiley

Nirvana? SmileySmiley Are you nuts? Smiley

Guys, this is a family car, not a weekend toy or something I really really badly wanted. I just took the opportunity to get the most out of a family car "deal" with my wife. Smiley

--

Lars997:

Congrats! What is the estimated delivery time?

June. Sales guy said he could get it for May delivery but June is OK. We need it around June 15th or so...when the Cayenne goes away. There were issues with production stops and whatnot (brake system, availability issues for digital dash, air suspension, etc.) but I think they kind of sorted them out by now. Regular delivery time is 3-4 months (if everything goes smoothly) but my dealer has a production slot in April, which he will probably use.

Amazing specs! The yellow stitching of the E1 is superb. And yes - that looks better with the carbon disks!

Yes, ceramic brake fits the yellow stitching much better, even if the calipers are gold and not yellow. Still...

I wish I could have added the larger Burmester system, it sounds really good and maybe the driving safety package for my wife but she insists she doesn't need it (she does but hey, what do I know... Smiley Smiley), so we didn't add it.

Lease rate went up by 100 EUR anyway (ceramic brakes, some minor additions), so no leeway here anymore.

I didn't see you such excited about a car since a long time kiss

Not really true, even if it seems that way. I am just happy I found a better "alternative" to the GLC. I was looking forward to the GLC 63 (and will probably "miss" it...) but the E63 makes more sense for me and my situation. We barely had deep snow over the past couple of years, we also don't go skiing that often anymore (kids hate it, I had that cruciate ligament rupture and had to switch to snowboarding, which isn't really my thing and my wife barely finds time to ski, so...). No real need for a SUV anymore, we talked about it a couple of times. Yes, the Cayenne Turbo would have interested me since I know how good and fun it is to drive but this is not a car I really want badly, so case closed. Smiley

My focus in now on the R8 facelift... Smiley

--

Gnil:

Congrats , I like the car ....... but probably not longer then a few month   

Guys, you need to read what I write (yes, I know it is a lot but... Smiley). The E63 is my wife's car, it will replace the Cayenne. I still have the R8 and will take delivery of a facelifted C63 S AMG convertible in autumn. No worries here, car will definitely stay the full 36 months.

Your itch for a SUV will come back rather sooner then later .....

I always have an itch for a SUV but I wanted that G63 badly and it couldn't happen, so the itch is kind of gone. The Cayenne Turbo would have been nice as well but now, what is done, is done.

Maybe after three years, I will get a Cayenne Turbo S facelift with a special lease offer. Smiley Smiley

--

Whoopsy:

You are going to loose, don't do it. Smiley

This is my wife's car, not mine.

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley, okay okay ...

Your wife sure knows how to choose. Send my congratulations and please tell your lady we want pics..Smiley Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley, okay okay ...

Your wife sure knows how to choose. Send my congratulations and please tell your lady we want pics..Smiley Smiley..

Smiley Well, it was my suggestion to switch from the GLC to the E and I have to admit that I am surprised it worked. My wife hates sedans but the E63, she liked. She loves the interior with the performance seats plus the yellow stitching and she loves the color and the ceramic brakes. She hated the station wagon I test-drove though.

It wasn't that easy though: We had to go to the dealership with three luggage pieces and skis(!) to see if they fit. Barely but it worked. Smiley

--

Wow, so thumbs up from the two of you, perfect. This could end up one of your favourite buys then devil, does the lot. Caters for the one with the hairy chest and the little boy in us all blush..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688821 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408826 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255578 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234833 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857673 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773572 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM