Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Racing Experience

I was just in Billund at the Porsche Partner Forum and they were promoting the new Experiences Level 1-3 there kiss - they also do World Rally's now with Cayenne - each stage approx. 25k or 149 for all 6 stages indecision

https://www.porsche.com/specials/en/international/porsche-racing-experience/

Yours truly is in the video.

Also just confirmed the Level 2 course. That weird Swedish farmer will also be in it and so is a buddy of mine from Vancouver. 

Porsche/Manthey secured 4 spots for us for the whole season in the Porsche Sport Cup Deutschland. Also 4 more spots in the Porsche Sport Cup Suisse. I had wanted to do the Suisse series as I have friends racing there but the dates  don't work, so I am stuck with the farmer now in my rearview mirror :)

The series will run May 18-20 at Hockenheim

June 15-17 at Red Bull Ring

July 20-22 at Nurburgring 

Aug 10-12 at Oschersleben

Sept 7-9 at Spa indecision

Final race weekend Oct 19-21 back at Hockenheim

The cost is not for the faint of heart, 240k euros for the 6 weekends. For that we get 5 sets of tires each weekend, full Manthey and Porsche support, including our personal coach from Level 1 and physiotherapist. One race car plus a back up car per weekend and plenty of driving time. 

One a side note, I was also invited by Porsche to do the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in June in my GT4 ClubSport.

Between the 4 918 Spyder Circle events next years that will take us to South Africa, Zuffenhausen/Weissach/Black Forest, French Alps and Rennsport Reunion. Plus these 6 race weekends, I am basically flying somewhere every month, not counting other non-car trips. Gonna rack up some major flying miles crossing the pond 

--

Whoopsy:

Also just confirmed the Level 2 course. That weird Swedish farmer will also be in it and so is a buddy of mine from Vancouver. 

Porsche/Manthey secured 4 spots for us for the whole season in the Porsche Sport Cup Deutschland. Also 4 more spots in the Porsche Sport Cup Suisse. I had wanted to do the Suisse series as I have friends racing there but the dates  don't work, so I am stuck with the farmer now in my rearview mirror :)

The cost is not for the faint of heart, 240k euros for the 6 weekends. For that we get 5 sets of tires each weekend, full Manthey and Porsche support, including our personal coach from Level 1 and physiotherapist. One race car plus a back up car per weekend and plenty of driving time. 

One a side note, I was also invited by Porsche to do the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in June in my GT4 ClubSport.

Between the 4 918 Spyder Circle events next years that will take us to South Africa, Zuffenhausen/Weissach/Black Forest, French Alps and Rennsport Reunion. Plus these 6 race weekends, I am basically flying somewhere every month, not counting other non-car trips. Gonna rack up some major flying miles crossing the pond 

Sounds amazing. Smiley

So I guess we need to make a Rennteam meet happen sometimes this year while you're in Europe/Germany. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

very cool

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Whoopsy:

Great Smiley Too bad you will not be in the Swiss Porsche Cup . My brother is racing in it and I suppose the friend you know is a 918 owner who has also his daughter racing in GT4 Smiley 

I am attending some of the Swiss Cup events with my RS as during training days , they open sessions for people who are not racing but only training . It would of been nice to meet you at Mugello, Imola or Paul Richard , 3 fantastic tracks . 

BTW : My bro, with his GT3 Cup,  has the back up of a full team with engineers , mechanics , etc... ( one of the biggest team in the Swiss Cup ) and it cost him probably half of what you pay per week end . 

You will have great fun ! And all the best for the flying miles Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

I used to race in the Porsche Sports cup and its predecessor, a series called GTP, with various GT3 Cup cars over the years.

Based on my 10 years of experience, the Porsche Racing Experience offering is extremely pricey at € 240k. Of course, the service will be top notch, but for this amount of money you could buy a 991 GT3 Cup and strike a deal with one of the larger OPC supported teams to provide service and support during the 6 race events and still come out ahead financially.

Having said that, the level of competition in this series is intense, and while it is still an amateur series, many pros and semi-pros who occasionally take part for fun or to please a sponsor find that they have a real fight on their hands... 

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

Great Smiley Too bad you will not be in the Swiss Porsche Cup . My brother is racing in it and I suppose the friend you know is a 918 owner who has also his daughter racing in GT4 Smiley 

I am attending some of the Swiss Cup events with my RS as during training days , they open sessions for people who are not racing but only training . It would of been nice to meet you at Mugello, Imola or Paul Richard , 3 fantastic tracks . 

BTW : My bro, with his GT3 Cup,  has the back up of a full team with engineers , mechanics , etc... ( one of the biggest team in the Swiss Cup ) and it cost him probably half of what you pay per week end . 

You will have great fun ! And all the best for the flying miles Smiley

Yes. small world! Smiley

We actually know they sort of over charged us. I could get a whole season of Canadian GT3 Cup in for less with the top team. But Porsche is sending their very best and the full Manthey Racing team too, effectively we bought seat times with the factory team, so I guess one could say this is like the Hermes handbag vs a Chanel handbag thing Smiley

Plus, after the season I could say I am a factory driver who drove for the factorySmiley

The tracks for the Suisse Series are also very attractive, I love Paul Ricard for example. But just too bad I got time conflict for 3 of the races. 

From what I was told, while there are many cars racing each race, not many are too fast, and we rookies actually are not too far behind the top times if at all. All I cared about is keeping the farmer behind me. Smiley

He is actually racing in the Middle East series right now as we speak for some practice times.

--

What you are paying for is a very special and unique experience and pacquage. As you say , factory seat time , the best you can get , the Hermès of handbags. indecisionkiss

And yes it is true that in the Swiss series they are all amateurs and most of them are not better drivers then you and me. Expect maybe the top 1 or 2 drivers. So that would be a nice series to join in for you. Also the athmosphere is serious but not tense. All are gentlemen drivers , in the real sense. 

Paul Richard is great. Been there at least 10 times.   But you absolutely need to try Monza and Mugello. Both are absolutely fantastic tracks , a notch over Paul Richard. Mugello for the shape and the elevation changes and Monza for it s unique setting nearly in town .

These italien tracks are way more emotional then the German ones. 

--

Whoopsy:

Cool - give a shout when you're in Colorado Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Whoopsy:

Wow, what a fantastic experience that will be! kiss

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Gnil:

What you are paying for is a very special and unique experience and pacquage. As you say , factory seat time , the best you can get , the Hermès of handbags. indecisionkiss

And yes it is true that in the Swiss series they are all amateurs and most of them are not better drivers then you and me. Expect maybe the top 1 or 2 drivers. So that would be a nice series to join in for you. Also the athmosphere is serious but not tense. All are gentlemen drivers , in the real sense. 

Paul Richard is great. Been there at least 10 times.   But you absolutely need to try Monza and Mugello. Both are absolutely fantastic tracks , a notch over Paul Richard. Mugello for the shape and the elevation changes and Monza for it s unique setting nearly in town .

These italien tracks are way more emotional then the German ones. 

--

Depending on how this year goes, I might do the Suisse one the year after.Smiley

But I believe if we pass Level 2 this year, next year we will move onto Level 3, which I believe is the Carrera Cup series or perhaps Super Cup, need to double check. But all I know is that if we finished level 3 we will be issued International C license.

--

Grant:
    Whoopsy:

Someone else is hauling my race car down, I am debating whether to fly there or drive there, perhaps in a 918 again.

--

Whoopsy:

But all I know is that if we finished level 3 we will be issued International C license.

Nick,

what is the consequence of getting such a license?Smiley

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

A International C license means I can race in just about any series except F1.

F1 needs Super License, and the top ranked open wheel series like F3000, IndyCar required International A. Moot point as I have no interest in open wheels.

For sport car racing, International C is all I need.

--

Dear Whoopsy.....smiley

First practice day done and in total seven more track days to come the next eleven day, including racing. As a rookie, I was a bit concerned about the 107% rule, but say Poole goes 1,38s I could do 1,47. Did 1,44 today with a lot of shit going on....kiss

I will keep a low profile for now, but I tell you that you better hope for a early spring around Area  27 if you want to see ME in YOUR mirror.... The aiming for the whole German series to be one big pay back for your jumpstart in Rome....

And buy the way, I already got the international C license wink

But for the sake of the tone here on RT during the summer, may I suggest that we aim at some endurance races together?! Then we could praise our selfs instead of fighting verbally and focus on bitching with @noone1 

Dear Farmer....

Please share pictures,you know we have to back it upsmiley

The farmer:

Dear Whoopsy.....smiley

First practice day done and in total seven more track days to come the next eleven day, including racing. As a rookie, I was a bit concerned about the 107% rule, but say Poole goes 1,38s I could do 1,47. Did 1,44 today with a lot of shit going on....kiss

I will keep a low profile for now, but I tell you that you better hope for a early spring around Area  27 if you want to see ME in YOUR mirror.... The aiming for the whole German series to be one big pay back for your jumpstart in Rome....

But for the sake of the tone here on RT during the summer, may I suggest that we aim at some endurance races together?! Then we could praise our selfs instead of fighting verbally and focus on bitching with @noone1 

This post is so entertaining Smiley

Farmer and Whoopsy, please keep this thread going with updates and pictures.

You guys are at another level than most of us here that need to keep working our jobs.  Reading your driving adventures give some sparks to our routine livings.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:

This post is so entertaining Smiley

Farmer and Whoopsy, please keep this thread going with updates and pictures.

You guys are at another level than most of us here that need to keep working our jobs.  Reading your driving adventures give some sparks to our routine livings.

Smiley +1 here

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:

Someone else is hauling my race car down, I am debating whether to fly there or drive there, perhaps in a 918 again.

If you drive down in the 918, we can do a track day Smiley  Track is open Thurs June 21st (evening) and Fri Jun 22nd (Day) prior to Hill Climb on Sunday 24th.

http://highplainsraceway.com/event-calendar/

Track is East of town, but sort of half way between Denver and Colorado Springs (on the North-South axis) - wouldn't be inconvenient coming from Canada on way to Co Spgs...

The weekend of the Hill Climb is a Porsche PCA weekend at HPR (23rd and 24th), so will be lots of Porsches on the open track days before...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

The farmer:

Dear Whoopsy.....smiley

Don't you worry about that, we were repeatedly told that yes our times will be competitive and won't be dead last.

Everything being equal, you are carrying an extra 50lbs buddy Smiley So you better make sure you will be at least 0.5 seconds faster than me. 

About your C license, that's the problem with those Swedish people, they are just too loose about everything Smiley

--

Oh the partner endurance thing, you forgot I have Dean? Who is both faster and lighter than me? smiley

--

Grant:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:

If you drive down in the 918, we can do a track day Smiley  Track is open Thurs June 21st (evening) and Fri Jun 22nd (Day) prior to Hill Climb on Sunday 24th.

http://highplainsraceway.com/event-calendar/

Track is East of town, but sort of half way between Denver and Colorado Springs (on the North-South axis) - wouldn't be inconvenient coming from Canada on way to Co Spgs...

The weekend of the Hill Climb is a Porsche PCA weekend at HPR (23rd and 24th), so will be lots of Porsches on the open track days before...

--

Yeah the 918 should be the car of choice, unless of course Porsche decided to dismantle it again. But if that's the case, I will probably the the 911R instead. So we are still good Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

Dear Whoopsy.....smiley

Don't you worry about that, we were repeatedly told that yes our times will be competitive and won't be dead last.

Everything being equal, you are carrying an extra 50lbs buddy Smiley So you better make sure you will be at least 0.5 seconds faster than me. 

About your C license, that's the problem with those Swedish people, they are just too loose about everything Smiley

And you forget its about 70lbs and muscles.....😎💪💪 You need to survive not only on track, but in the pit as well, so....Smiley

Whoopsy:

Oh the partner endurance thing, you forgot I have Dean? Who is both faster and lighter than me? smiley

Nope, I haven’t forgotten that, nor the fact that I have a 300lbs South American that’s totally wild and all over the place when driving......Smiley

Guess you’ll win that one...SmileySmiley

Whoopsy:

Yeah the 918 should be the car of choice, unless of course Porsche decided to dismantle it again. But if that's the case, I will probably the the 911R instead. So we are still good Smiley

Perfect kiss

--

@ whoopsy, Nick, what is the radio on turbo 3.6 one you have( I imagine you period correct it if it wasn't already has been changed)

I have a Porsche Classic Navigation Radio installed.

The original radio was no where to be found, one of the previous owners had installed an Alpine head unit.mail

--

pitty, I also had Alpine unit but luckily found the original one.

Whoopsy:

I have a Porsche Classic Navigation Radio installed.

The original radio was no where to be found, one of the previous owners had installed an Alpine head unit.mail

vintage upgrade Smiley , at some point in the future, people will value added cheap radio Smiley or NOT Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I do. I made a point of NOT upgrading my 612 radio. It has a CD player and CD storage trays below using a lot of space. But it is original as is the rest of the car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM