Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I think I've narrowed my After-Market Wheel Se

Yep, I'd definitely recommend using Rejex. Put that stuff ALL over the wheel. Not the area covered by the tires obviously but everywhere else for sure. That stuff works like magic keeping it easy to clean!

Oh BTW, these wheels look like sex! Can you take more pictures with the bolts in place? I'd like to see how they look with those chrome bolts adding a bit of contrast.

What's next on your shopping list, Gregg? Nice to see the cumination of pages upon pages of wheel discussions at last!

They look beautiful, Gregg! I think I'm as excited as you to see your car with the wheels and exhaust.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Yep, I'd definitely recommend using Rejex. Put that stuff ALL over the wheel. Not the area covered by the tires obviously but everywhere else for sure. That stuff works like magic keeping it easy to clean!

Oh BTW, these wheels look like sex! Can you take more pictures with the bolts in place? I'd like to see how they look with those chrome bolts adding a bit of contrast.

What's next on your shopping list, Gregg? Nice to see the cumination of pages upon pages of wheel discussions at last!

Think that's it for the big stuff till I get my car but next would have to be the Werks CF Airbox. Just bought a set of smoked side marker lenses from Eric at Sunset.

When I get home later will do! The Chrome bolts on the Gloss Black wheel w/ the Gold Crests looks un-real. Tried to take a pic of the Chrome bolts in wheel earlier but butchered the pics. Wish I knew how to take picures like Cann.

I just got the new Porsche rubber mats yesterday and they're gorgeous! I'll take a few pictures of those and post them on here for you to see. I think you'll like them.

Smoked side markers? I didn't know that Porsche sold those as OEM equipment! That should look really good on your car!

Looks to me like your place is going to get cluttered with parts well before your car even arrives. It was like that for me as well. Fun isn't it?

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I just got the new Porsche rubber mats yesterday and they're gorgeous! I'll take a few pictures of those and post them on here for you to see. I think you'll like them.

Smoked side markers? I didn't know that Porsche sold those as OEM equipment! That should look really good on your car!

Looks to me like your place is going to get cluttered with parts well before your car even arrives. It was like that for me as well. Fun isn't it?

Cool! Those mats look slick, will have to get a set too.
    Dun no if they're OEM or not, does Sunset only sell OEM? Called them yesterday and asked if he had the smoked lenses & he said yes, said they are "dark grey" so hope I'm getting what I want. Inexpensive too, think they were like $12 each.

My wife is probably going to kill me when I get home, was late for work so left 2 wheels in the bedroom & the exhaust in the upstairs hallway.. Hmmmm, think I may have left 1 wheel on the bed too. Wanted to get a couple of pics before I left work but then realized I had to jet.

I guess I'm not the only one who's been accused of being absent minded.

Maybe she'll even kindly move it for you.

Gregg,

Holy!! Your pictures are fine and those curves are pure money. The center drop is drop-dead gorgeous: so sensual, yet so muscular. It must feel nice to run one's fingers over them curves.

These latest releases by HRE and Champion appear to center on curves and center drop; as a result the wheels have a very appealing 3-d look to my eyes.

I can't wait to see this on your car. Congratulations. I could feel the excitement 3 time zones away!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Wheels came!
    OMG they look insane! The black center caps w/ gold crests look awesome. The Chrome bolts are perfect. Paint came out perfect.
    Tubi came too. Now I just need the car to put them on!

Champion was right on w/ the weight too, only thing is I forgot to pull the caps before I weighed them but they're within a couple tens.

I'm a terrible photographer, looks much better in person plus They'll look even better ON a car but>>>>>

One of the funniest posts I've run across. Thanks for the good laugh. LOL, really!!!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    .....was late for work so left 2 wheels in the bedroom & the exhaust in the upstairs hallway.. Hmmmm, think I may have left 1 wheel on the bed too. ...

WOW those wheel look awesome congatulations, Top Choice

Those wheels look so slick!

Although Im still looking for a lip on mine.

Those are absolutely beautiful...now remind me since this thread has gone on for so long - what wheels are these again and is the paint OEM black? Specs on the wheels - diameter, width, offset? Are the caps metal or plastic? Can't wait to see them on your car - bet you can't wait either. They look great!!!

Jason,
    I tried to take pics w/ the Bolts in place but didn't get ONE in focus. Here's the best that I can do which is a shame because the wheels are even sicker in person. Can't believe the way the painted the center caps there's not a hint of overspray or missed spot. They sent me the caps I wanted too, don't know what the other ones are called but don't like the ones that have a line around the inside of the cap and the don't look as concave as these. I'll get better pics when they're on the car.

p2

p3

p4

p5 - The center of the rear wheels are so deep, looks like a black hole!

p6

tubi

p7

tubi watching its weight.

Wow! Gregg, everything looks incredible.

Not to be a killjoy at all, but be certain that there will not be any issues whatsoever with those lug bolts seating properly. (I'm sure that you've investigated this, as you are always very thorough.) The bolts look chromed and I would hate to hear of you sustaining injury, or the car sustaining damage, from a loosening lug nut. I would guess that you might have to consider different torque values when tightening the lugs, or at least check them periodically to be sure that they stay tight; maybe nothing at all, but food for thought.

Quote:
    devo said:
    Wow! Gregg, everything looks incredible.

Not to be a killjoy at all, but be certain that there will not be any issues whatsoever with those lug bolts seating properly. (I'm sure that you've investigated this, as you are always very thorough.) The bolts look chromed and I would hate to hear of you sustaining injury, or the car sustaining damage, from a loosening lug nut. I would guess that you might have to consider different torque values when tightening the lugs, or at least check them periodically to be sure that they stay tight; maybe nothing at all, but food for thought.

Not at all....Definitely very, very important...... I read the info. from Jason on the chrome bolts that loosened on him. The reason I purchased these particular bolts from Champion is because that's the bolt the recommended based on their experience using it on their wheels. It's the same exact bolt from the Werks1 pic. below........

But I noticed Champion updated their wheel site to include the 171's & on these wheels are titanium bolts which are very pricey $1200 but I'm considering them:
    http://www.championmotorsport.com/997TURBORS171.htm

Thanks Chris!!!!!!!

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Gregg,

Holy!! Your pictures are fine and those curves are pure money. The center drop is drop-dead gorgeous: so sensual, yet so muscular. It must feel nice to run one's fingers over them curves.

These latest releases by HRE and Champion appear to center on curves and center drop; as a result the wheels have a very appealing 3-d look to my eyes.

I can't wait to see this on your car. Congratulations. I could feel the excitement 3 time zones away!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Wheels came!
    OMG they look insane! The black center caps w/ gold crests look awesome. The Chrome bolts are perfect. Paint came out perfect.
    Tubi came too. Now I just need the car to put them on!

Champion was right on w/ the weight too, only thing is I forgot to pull the caps before I weighed them but they're within a couple tens.

I'm a terrible photographer, looks much better in person plus They'll look even better ON a car but>>>>>

Thanks Cann!!!!!!!!

I didn't notice Jason's post, this thread is soooo big.

Heh heh heh...I'd think that this is probably one of the longest ongoing thread on here.

Ironically, these are the exact bolts that I was looking for back when I was considering getting RG5 wheels. I was going to get those wheels from Wheel Experts and they didn't have these chrome bolts. They referred me to Boothe Design where I got those badly designed bolts. If I had gone directly to Champion I'm sure I'd have ended up with those bolts you got, Gregg. I do like those titanium bolts but are they really worth spending $1200 on!?!

Gregg, those wheels are insane They looks so nice. Can't wait to see them on your cab!

Just looked at the 171s om the champion site and I must agree with your choice of center cap,,I am not too keen on the one with the line round,Titanium bolts would be a nice touch,

Titanium bolts...hmmmm...yummy... You are a man of exquisite taste.
    And what a "bad" influence on others.

Did you check any other vendors besides Champion re. pricing? Someone in 6speedonline sold them for 700-ish--think I quoted him somewhere in this mega monster thread?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    titanium bolts which are very pricey $1200 but I'm considering them:
    http://www.championmotorsport.com/997TURBORS171.htm

The sharpest wheel out there. If I decide to do wheels, these are the ones!! Congratulations.
    Titanium Bolts - http://www.nyxracing.com/moto-wheels-titanium-wheel-bolt-porsche-996997-p-29403.html

Someone (Andrea?) asked about RS Spyder Wheel earlier on in this thread, I could now confirm that it's a BBS, made in Germany. Enclosed picture is of the RS Spyder's wheel on display at LA Auto Show. There is a small imprint on the rim that might be the model number, "RE970" FWIW.

Thanks for the link. From the URL:
    >>>>
    Specially coated two piece Poggipolini titanium wheel nuts with torx heads.
    >>>>>>

I am not familiar with titanium bolts. Is Poggipolini considered a very good brand? Do you (or Gregg) happen to know who makes the Champion bolts please?

Quote:
    imcarnuts said:
    The sharpest wheel out there. If I decide to do wheels, these are the ones!! Congratulations.
    Titanium Bolts - http://www.nyxracing.com/moto-wheels-titanium-wheel-bolt-porsche-996997-p-29403.html

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Someone (Andrea?) asked about RS Spyder Wheel earlier on in this thread, I could now confirm that it's a BBS, made in Germany. Enclosed picture is of the RS Spyder's wheel on display at LA Auto Show. There is a small imprint on the rim that might be the model number, "RE970" FWIW.

Grazie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690990 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410131 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256181 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235404 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858793 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775098 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM