Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Resale value rankings.

Kelly Blue Book says the five brands with the best overall predicted resale values after 5 years are

1. VW 48.1%
    2. BMW 45.6
    3. Acura 45.4
    4. Honda 45.2
    5. Porsche 44.9

The survey excludes low-volume models and most vehicles with sticker prices above $60,000.

Does anyone doubt that Porsche is a middle class car?

Re: Resale value rankings.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Kelly Blue Book says the five brands with the best overall predicted resale values after 5 years are

1. VW 48.1%
    2. BMW 45.6
    3. Acura 45.4
    4. Honda 45.2
    5. Porsche 44.9

The survey excludes low-volume models and most vehicles with sticker prices above $60,000.

yeah yeah Nick

Quote:
    nberry said:

Here Nick , the VERY large majority obviously dont give a sh*t ..

Quote:
    nberry said:

Nick, this is frankly an absurd post which is below even your standards...

You don't have a 'class' system in your country. People in your country are differentiated by how much money they have not the class they belong to. You don't have aristocracy, royalty or anything like that.

So for you to make the jump from some figures on residual values to defining which 'class' its owners must belong to is simply laughable.

C'mon Nick. You're able to contribute more worthwhile posts than this. Let's see something of real value from you instead.

Nick, this anti-Porsche-fetish is becoming like an Ebola virus eating you up from the inside. Sort of a "Porscheheimers syndrome". You should perhaps see a professional?

Quote:
    nberry said:

I'm guessing you enjoy baiting us Porsche enthusiasts but I'm not biting! Nice try, however.

As for resale values, here is something to make you feel good. Manhattan Motorcars is selling a 2007 red 430cabrio with 342 miles for $349,999!!!!! Why buy stocks when a Ferrari's ROI is this good? Too bad you can't drive it, however.

Nick, if we ever have a another Iwo Jima, you will be the designated flamethrower operator!

Well, why would an F owner care that his car cant be driven?
    I dont think very many lawyers and dentists know how to or are interested in driving a sportscar like it should be driven anyway.
    So for these guys an F is the perfect Poseur car.
    On the other hand, all the time u save by not driving your car, you can use for flaming other car owners instead! Isnt that beautiful?!?

How do you get through the day with your nose always pointed toward the sky? You miss so much.

I am sensing the middle class moniker is not readily accepted by the Porsche owners.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    How do you get through the day with your nose always pointed toward the sky? You miss so much.

I am sensing the middle class moniker is not readily accepted by the Porsche owners.

Ask yourself the first part of that question

Quote:
    nberry said:

You really do have something to prove, don't you? If you really thought the way you did, you would simply sit back and enjoy your car, without having to rain on everyone's parade because they, the poor middle-class folks, can only afford a $150.000 car, as opposed to your $200.000 car.

I think your statements here show a lack of respect towards these people and also a lack of respect towards yourself. No true, self-respecting car enthusiast would make an ass out of himself with such statements. Good night.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

You really do have something to prove, don't you? If you really thought the way you did, you would simply sit back and enjoy your car, without having to rain on everyone's parade because they, the poor middle-class folks, can only afford a $150.000 car, as opposed to your $200.000 car.

I think your statements here show a lack of respect towards these people and also a lack of respect towards yourself. No true, self-respecting car enthusiast would make an ass out of himself with such statements. Good night.

Here here!
    Nick is just pissed off because he doesn't have any children at his old age. Nick is a bitter old man. Just remember that, and his boorish behavior makes sense. Looking at the now infamous photo of him posing with his F360 in front of Starbucks I'm guessing he's in his late 60s. His Ferrari is his substitute "baby." Poor guy. He has some sort of weird fixation on resale values. Probably because he spent his last penny on his Ferrari, and so he can't enjoy it as much as we enjoy our Porsches. Poor guy.

David

P.S. The F430 depreciates faster than the 997TT, according to EVO magazine as shown in this attached pic (sorry for the blurriness, it was taken with my cell phone). F430 has a worse depreciation rating than 997TT.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Is being middle class a bad thing?

Nick, aren't you currently a Porsche owner? So you are also middle class.

A few facts...Nick is a Porsche/Mini/Ferrari owner, could easily buy several F430s a year and not feel any $$ pain and yes, he loves to tease, bait, catch and release Porsche fans.

But so far he or anyone else has not identified a single middle class person that has bought a new Porsche this year.
    We are all waiting to know who the lucky buyer is!

Until then, its just more smoke in La Jolla...

Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    Looking at the now infamous photo of him posing with his F360 in front of Starbucks I'm guessing he's in his late 60s. His Ferrari is his substitute "baby." Poor guy. He has some sort of weird fixation on resale values.

You are right man.
    Lack of regular sexual live is a big problem in our days.

Gentlemen, we must try not to make personal comments on this forum. Nick please when you give your comments try to choose words that won't offend people i.e. "middle class". I'm sure we all don't want a situation whereby if we one day all meet up previous personal commments expressed in the past will lead to an ugly fracas between memebers. God bless

Quote:
    ITALO said:
    Gentlemen, we must try not to make personal comments on this forum.

Well said, ITALO I find it more amusing than offensive how Nick tries to incorporate his "middle class theory" into any P-related topic, even if there is no logical affiliation at all (what has residual value to do with it ?)

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    ITALO said:

Well said, ITALO

+2 ,,just ban him from Rennteam instead ...

After reading this thread I can just picture Nick rolling around on the floor laughing his arse off ...

You guys should relax. Nick is just trying to get a rise out of some of you who take Porsche's status too seriously.
    Keep in mind though... they are well on their way to becoming the next BMW.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Surely you should be asking YOURSELF this question and certainly not me. I am very happy indeed being middle class (since there is no stigma with being middle class here in the UK) and the owner of a car that is certainly not exclusive but in fact mass-produced.

It is YOU who has delusions of grandeur that by owning a F430 you have differentiated yourself from the masses. It is YOU that thinks a F430 is so exclusive.

You are living in a bubble my friend. Come rejoin the real world.

As for the personal comments being made here, guys, please let's keep it polite and civil. Nick jacks off on rustling people's feathers even if he looks ridiculous in the process.

Looks like Porsche is going to take over most of the automotive world, so before Nick can say "troll" his beloved scuderia it may well be purchased by Porsche.
    Maybe then - after Porsche engineers have reworked the whole Ferrari setup and made the cars reliable - will Ferrari owners be able to actually DRIVE their cars, instead of just admiring their investment.

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    ITALO said:

Well said, ITALO

+2 ,,just ban him from Rennteam instead ...

After reading this thread I can just picture Nick rolling around on the floor laughing his arse off ...

I LOVE IT! It really does bother Porsche owners to be thought of as middle class. What this sentiment clearly expresses is the haughtiness of Porsche owners.

For years, all I read from owners is it did not matter if Porsche was a mass produced car. What mattered was performance and value. WELL, now that Porsche is identified as a "middle class" car suddenly owners are insulted to the point that they view it as a derogatory designation.

So what if it is middle class car? After all, the car is judged alongside VW's, Toyota's BMW and Subaru's. It is what it is. Hypocrisy does not become a Porsche owner.

However, in the spirit of peace on this board I will refrain from the middle class appelation in future posts. Clearly members are bothered by it.

LOL, Nick. Youre probably one of the strangest creatures I have ever come across.
    U behave like one of my friends...back in hi school. It's so weird.

"Clarice,you grew up poor, somewhere on wrong side of town, but you half made it, you wear Chanel No 5, but only on Wednesday's;you still feel dirty after your first adult experience; but you try so hard to forget your past, and sometimes you succeed, the rest of the time you feel inferior. Come, come my little lamb tell me your biggest darkest fear.Is it that somebody might discover who you really are?"

Oops...sorry this is still Nick's thread.

What makes Nick think that Ferraris are not middle class cars too? They are middle class cars in the UK since white collar middle class professionals, playboys and poseurs buy Ferraris here in the UK by the truckload.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    What makes Nick think that Ferraris are not middle class cars too? They are middle class cars in the UK since white collar middle class professionals, playboys and poseurs buy Ferraris here in the UK by the truckload.

Same hare. F430 and Gallardo's are everywhere... Even 599 is a common car!

Quote:
    nberry said:

Nick, if anything that is how YOU have come across with your post... easy driver was merely pointing that out.
    What bothers me is that you see some type of shame in the middle class? also if you believe a car is "middle-class" you would not buy it? would it drive different? No. Sorry Nick but this type of thinking is precisely what NOT having class is all about.

aaah the day when sportcars were built and meant to be enjoyed through driving them like sportcars... now there are becoming yellow gold watches on wheels to more and more people who think you can "purchase" class...

Hey, I just love them middle class cars!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Nick, if anything that is how YOU have come across with your post... easy driver was merely pointing that out.
    What bothers me is that you see some type of shame in the middle class? also if you believe a car is "middle-class" you would not buy it? would it drive different? No. Sorry Nick but this type of thinking is precisely what NOT having class is all about.

aaah the day when sportcars were built and meant to be enjoyed through driving them like sportcars... now there are becoming yellow gold watches on wheels to more and more people who think you can "purchase" class...

Carlos I own two middle class cars, a mini (which I love) and a Porsche SUV. FWIW, all SUV's are middle class vehicles.

What I find disturbing is apparently Europeans feel "middle class" is a pejorative term. Middle class in the US means middle in the center. It does not mean poor, cheap or some sort of class categorization. Middle class is main stream.

If that is considered offensive to Europeans, then I am guilty as charged and I apologize. But I will not apologize for designating Porsche as main stream because in my opinion that is what it is. If it makes anyone feel any better, I also believe Ferrari is more of an elitist car and once again I will plead guilty as charged.

Interesting. I would have defined then middle-class in the US somewhere around $50K per year. Wonder how you can afford a pcar on this? Maybe with several credit cards?
    There is nothing pejorative about middle class in Europe. It's just your statements are way off reality - not that they are offensive. Middle-class car here is a Volkswagen Golf. NOT a Porsche SUV...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764805 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436815 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261180 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258081 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82707 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877140 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809292 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM