Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.2 GT3 RS Thread Closed

RC:

May seems to be the first month of deliveries...(or introduction?).

Of the GT3RS?

My dealer told me today that they will have info about the car in the middle of February.
    I've heard about delivery in the summer so maybe May if the first cars delivered.

Kobalt:
    RC:

May seems to be the first month of deliveries...(or introduction?).

Of the GT3RS?

My dealer told me today that they will have info about the car in the middle of February.
    I've heard about delivery in the summer so maybe May if the first cars delivered.

Yes.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

DJM48:

Nick

I have found you a house!

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/1801/house-with-huge-workshop-for-sale?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaig...

There must be at least one 918 mechanic happy to follow you Down Under?

Smiley

--

A Dealer in Vienna told me that they got 4 Allocations for the car (as much as for the GT2RS).
    But I don't trust anybody right now. The guys who know something are not saying anything right now, am I right Whoopsy? Smiley

so where should one move (away from europe)? to the US?????? you don't mean that i suppose. so where else? australia/new zealand? beautiful but too far away from the rest of the world. this leaves maybe dubai/abu dhabi....... the weather there is a bit worse than miami, but not that much. speed limit reinforcement ferocious but there are some desert roads left.,..joking apart, i love good old europe and i am always happy to be back.:::))))))) but i must admit, i have not lived there full-time for very long.

Dane:

A Dealer in Vienna told me that they got 4 Allocations for the car (as much as for the GT2RS).
    But I don't trust anybody right now. The guys who know something are not saying anything right now, am I right Whoopsy? Smiley

from those allocation numbers you can figure out the way the GT3RS will be limited.

This is the GT3RS I want!

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:

Smiley

This is why Porsche doesn't listen to us all the time.........................

--

The weight of the targa kind of contradicts the aim of a GT3 RS - but a Turbo s version does sound interesting. 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

pmarkow:

so where should one move (away from europe)? to the US?????? you don't mean that i suppose. so where else? australia/new zealand? beautiful but too far away from the rest of the world. this leaves maybe dubai/abu dhabi....... the weather there is a bit worse than miami, but not that much. speed limit reinforcement ferocious but there are some desert roads left.,..joking apart, i love good old europe and i am always happy to be back.:::))))))) but i must admit, i have not lived there full-time for very long.

You are quick to bash the USA but frankly it is the best place to live by far. I left Europe 23 years ago and every time I go back, I enjoy the few weeks there, but then I am happy to get back to the US for the ease of daily living.

The main aspect is safety. Living in nice neighborhoods in the USA is factors safer than being in Europe. This has no price. My friends in Paris don’t take the subway after 8pm, do I need to say more? When I walk in the street of Paris, Rome or Barcelona, I need to be careful and aware as if you were in a third world country. Wearing nice expensive jewelry or watch is pretty much frowned upon, as is driving an expensive car. Many parts of Europe have bad weather for most of the year and some countries are pretty boring. Burglaries are very common as is racial pressure and unacceptance.

Then you have convenience in large cities. You can can anything you want almost any time you want and get it from an app. Simple apps like Opentable simply don’t work in most of Europe. Getting a taxi in Paris at prime times is still a disaster, Uber is not allowed in places like Barcelona. And don’t even get me started on taxes and the “leveling by the bottom” mentality.

The USA is far from perfect, but it is the best there is so far. And like it or not but Trump in his quirky distorted way is restoring what made America good before the disastrous Obama years. But living well in the USA requires resources even for basic things like health care.

pmarkow:

Yes, I would move to the US...Florida...or California (if people like it there more, also national parks are close, LV is close, more diversity in nature and weather...and I suppose people as well Smiley). I don't like California as an immigration target because of the weather (seriously) and because of the very cold ocean water. Florida is a bit of a downer because there is nothing interesting in the near vicinity (other than the Caribbean).

Europe? Sorry, I do not have one single location I would want to live at. Not one. Asia? Nope. Australia? Too many crazy critters and too far away from basically...the rest of the world. Russia? Chiina? No way. Africa? Nope, not my cup of tea, not even South Africa. South America? Hell no, if I want the latino vibe, there is nothing better than Miami.

I love heat, the ocean and chill/easy going people. Florida is just perfect for me and my wife, we just discussed exactly the very same thing over and over again. All our friends there ask us why we don't move there but without money, Florida can be a bitch. You can't have the second largest mall in the US in your vicinity and have no money to spend. Smiley Smiley Only thing my wife would miss in Florida is...skiing. Alpine skiing. There is Aspen though, no big deal. Not exactly an hour or two to drive by car (like it is now the case) but by plane, Denver is only 4:30 hours away from Miami, no big deal. She hates the snow and the cold btw. but she loves skiing. Bummer.

I think we discussed this many many times before, not need to trash the GT3 RS thread with it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

SciFrog:
    pmarkow:

You are quick to bash the USA but frankly it is the best place to live by far. I left Europe 23 years ago and every time I go back, I enjoy the few weeks there, but then I am happy to get back to the US for the ease of daily living.

The main aspect is safety. Living in nice neighborhoods in the USA is factors safer than being in Europe. This has no price. My friends in Paris don’t take the subway after 8pm, do I need to say more? When I walk in the street of Paris, Rome or Barcelona, I need to be careful and aware as if you were in a third world country. Wearing nice expensive jewelry or watch is pretty much frowned upon, as is driving an expensive car. Many parts of Europe have bad weather for most of the year and some countries are pretty boring. Burglaries are very common as is racial pressure and unacceptance.

Then you have convenience in large cities. You can can anything you want almost any time you want and get it from an app. Simple apps like Opentable simply don’t work in most of Europe. Getting a taxi in Paris at prime times is still a disaster, Uber is not allowed in places like Barcelona. And don’t even get me started on taxes and the “leveling by the bottom” mentality.

The USA is far from perfect, but it is the best there is so far. And like it or not but Trump in his quirky distorted way is restoring what made America good before the disastrous Obama years. But living well in the USA requires resources even for basic things like health care.

I couldn't have said it better. Only thing stopping us to move to the US is the "resources" you mentioned. Without money, lots of money, the US (and especially Florida) can be a bitch.

--

Porsche Team North America putting some more track miles on the 2018 Porsche 911 RSR at Daytona...

...hopefully the 991.2 GT3 RS special edition will look similar! Smiley

Link: https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/roar-test-8-wayne-taylor-racing-leads-final-practice-993544/

or not at all Smiley

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

Mithras:

looks really hardcore!!!! but cabrio> targa!!!

SciFrog:
    pmarkow:

i do not want to pollute the RS thread but a short reply is in order. certainly no US bashing on my side, i spent very important and formative years there. without the intellectual generosity of the (some) american people i would not be where i am now (for the good and the bad:::))) and for that i am grateful. you also make some good points about europe, things are getting different here - not to the better as long as we do not embrace the future and try to look backward and inward instead. as far as obama and trump are concerned, i refrain from commenting due to the no-politics rule here, but you know my opinion. well, maybe after november 2018 or after 2020 the latest i shall be proven wrong and the US will become a viable option again.

So which green would you like to see as the GT3 RS launch car?

Smiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

So which green would you like to see as the GT3 RS launch car?

Smiley

2 or 3

well take lizard green metallic or mamba green and you have your answer smiley

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

pmarkow:
    Mithras:

looks really hardcore!!!! but cabrio> targa!!!

So what is it? A Targa with RS bodykit/Original Porsche body parts? 

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Kobalt:

+1 4 2.

So , yes, 2..Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I'd choose  the bottom, very dark green one. Other ones are either ugly or better suited for a Lamborghini.

Any green as long as it comes with decals smiley

--

White 991.2 GT3, V260 March 2018

Last information from my dealer:

End of press embargo for the GT3.2 RS is 14/02 - 15/02/2018.

limited edition car....

More fun colors than green etc NO PTS available

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

LP997:

limited edition car....

What is your opinion: Do you believe your dealer about limited edition?

Kobalt:
    LP997:

limited edition car....

He say me limited... but in production number or a real limited edition? He heard that during a meeting with all dealer and a German dealer say limited and an incredible car!! No more information but a surprise for sure for this car...

Very very hard to get for sure...

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

I am fairly confident that I can get an early allocation for a .2 RS but I am not sure I want one. This car is designed more for the track rather than street driving. Also, I am not sure if I could tell the difference between my GT3 and the RS while driving the two. I don’t see the value of the anticipated delta of around $50,000 for the RS at least for my limited driving skills.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

LP997:
    Kobalt:
    LP997:

limited edition car....

He say me limited... but in production number or a real limited edition? He heard that during a meeting with all dealer and a German dealer say limited and an incredible car!! No more information but a surprise for sure for this car...

Very very hard to get for sure...

Hahaha,,

Any P with the letters GT on it is silly hard to get in the UK. Guys here buy the crap the OPC's can't shift to secure a GT allocation. Its gone mad here, you have to bend over..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I’ll take mine in Viper with black decals please..

Not that it matters as it sounds like there is zero chance of plebs like me getting one mail

Will be nice to watch the lucky few choosing from some interesting colour choices for a change though.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764370 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436520 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261050 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257971 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82644 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876888 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808954 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM