Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I think I've narrowed my After-Market Wheel Se

x2

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    If you can, go with everything except the rear defiuser and wing. This car in all black looks out of this world!!!

I agree & I like the front spoiler but it wouldn't stand a chance in my area. So I'm thinking Black Turbo Cab, Black 171's w/ Gold crests (just like the above) & God forbid but also thinking window tint...... I've never been a fan of Gold wheel crests on silver wheels but on black wheels I can't help liking them. Also have always been against window tint but how do you not tint on a black turbo w/ black wheels? Man! the car looks bad ass like that, only thing missin imo is the PCCB's. Plus my black interior is loaded w/ Carbon Fiber & Added black leather (PCM & seatbacks etc.) Plus and exhaust & the CF Werks Airbox......... I think I'm getting there....

Agree 100%!! This is going to be the most sinister looking TTcab on the planet

Quote:
    WR said:
    i think the rear diffuser works but does not look good on the 997...

on the F430, that is a different story...

Agree....

Really a fan of the wheels painted to match. Loved the look in the 80's when the Fuch's would be painted GR to match the GR body color.
    I can't recall...Are you painting the air vents, spoiler, rear apron and skirts. All that Black paint will really look badass. I think its great after having many "typical" PCars to get a bit radical, on the TTCab of your dreams

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    If you can, go with everything except the rear defiuser and wing. This car in all black looks out of this world!!!

I agree & I like the front spoiler but it wouldn't stand a chance in my area. So I'm thinking Black Turbo Cab, Black 171's w/ Gold crests (just like the above) & God forbid but also thinking window tint...... I've never been a fan of Gold wheel crests on silver wheels but on black wheels I can't help liking them. Also have always been against window tint but how do you not tint on a black turbo w/ black wheels? Man! the car looks bad ass like that, only thing missin imo is the PCCB's. Plus my black interior is loaded w/ Carbon Fiber & Added black leather (PCM & seatbacks etc.) Plus and exhaust & the CF Werks Airbox......... I think I'm getting there....

Agree 100%!! This is going to be the most sinister looking TTcab on the planet

I just looked, "SINISTER" isn't available for a license plate in NY but "SIN1STR" is........ I have "997TURBO" reserved maybe I should change.. LoL!

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    Really a fan of the wheels painted to match. Loved the look in the 80's when the Fuch's would be painted GR to match the GR body color.
    I can't recall...Are you painting the air vents, spoiler, rear apron and skirts. All that Black paint will really look badass. I think its great after having many "typical" PCars to get a bit radical, on the TTCab of your dreams

Cool!

Air vents - No, don't like the way that looks... I seriously considered painting the rear, rockers & front spoiler but driving the car everyday in my area it'd be impossible not to scuff up the front. And if I don't paint the front wouldn't it look uneven painting the sides & rear? Plus if I paint the sides then I defintely need to cover them w/ protective film....Also dun no but there's something I don't like about the painted look, can't put my finger on it but something about it just looks too overdone??? Can't think of the right word for it but it looks overthought... But could still add it just not sure I like the way it looks, what are your thoughts on that???

You're out of control lol

Quote:
    rhino said:
    You're out of control lol

Totally! LoL!

Air vents - No, don't like the way that looks... I seriously considered painting the rear, rockers & front spoiler but driving the car everyday in my area it'd be impossible not to scuff up the front. And if I don't paint the front wouldn't it look uneven painting the sides & rear? Plus if I paint the sides then I defintely need to cover them w/ protective film....Also dun no but there's something I don't like about the painted look, can't put my finger on it but something about it just looks too overdone??? Can't think of the right word for it but it looks overthought... But could still add it just not sure I like the way it looks, what are your thoughts on that???

Well its all about personal taste..But since you asked. I don't like the unpainted look. The TT in the Exclusive brochure, looks fabulous in white, but I like them painted in dark colors as well. Would need a film on the rockers for sure, as well as the vents.Also, would really compliment the painted wheels, and lose that unfinished look to the front spoiler IMHO. Option DAJ, and XAJ will be on my car.(Unless I really go nuts and paint the vents in Aluminum look)

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:

Well its all about personal taste..But since you asked. I don't like the unpainted look. The TT in the Exclusive brochure, looks fabulous in white, but I like them painted in dark colors as well. Would need a film on the rockers for sure, as well as the vents.Also, would really compliment the painted wheels, and lose that unfinished look to the front spoiler IMHO. Option DAJ, and XAJ will be on my car.(Unless I really go nuts and paint the vents in Aluminum look)

It's not for me.. In the front bumper - The dark grey vents add a little bit of contrast, looks more functional imo. For the front spoiler - I'd rather get the Champion CF spoiler if I was going to do anything at all. The painted look doesn't look bad imho I just don't prefer it.

Gregg,

"Your" wheel at SEMA. Both Champion and HRE are "putting on a show" there. Pictures from www.6speedonline.com , Turbo forum.

HRE P43 at SEMA.

HRE P40 on black Turbo. To me, pure sex-on-wheels.

WOW! Thanks Cann!!!!!! Decisions, decisions....

HRE P40s look great on the turbo, and i think the P43 look better on a 997 or 997s

Quote:
    Kozzoloz said:
    HRE P40s look great on the turbo, and i think the P43 look better on a 997 or 997s

Agreed.
    Black wheels on black car a bit too much...

Gregg,

Sorry I missed these questions you had for me.

Yes my Turbo coupe should be here any day now. Guards with PCCB. Red with yellow brake is not as nice a combo as black or grey with yellow, but it will have to do since I have a thing for red cars, and PCCB is a must. (Saw red/yellow combo on an F car once, looks good there. Keeping fingers crossed here. LOL ) Last I heard the car was in San Diego being prepped. I am going to stay with stock tires.

If Champion doesn't make the wheel in black, I believe you'd have to do it locally. But I hear that the way to do it is NOT paint, but powder coat, for both look and durability--I have no personal experience with either. Re. magnesium wheels, you probably already know: Don't they bend easily and although doable, perhaps not a good idea for a daily driver, esp. on streets with propensity for pot holes (NY?)? Aren't mag wheels more for racing or something like that?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    You mentioned a PCCB, Red Turbo right? Coupe I think????? Close or at port? Bet you cant wait to get the car & also to get your wheels. Are you going to stay w/ stock tires?

btw: Since I'm going to change my car to Black from Basalt I'm seriously considering this look below. But imagine how crazy it would look on a Cabrio w/ PCCB's!! I think I may have to do it...Wonder if I should go w/ the 171 in Magnesium like the below or if I can get the 171's painted Black,,does Champion paint wheels?

You are welcome! Although I agree that your choice of black on black is soooo sssinister cool, I must confess that other picture of the silver (although here looking almost gunmetal grey/charcoal like) P40 on black with blacked out windows had me and a colleague in stunned silence and shook my Guards Red fetish to its foundation. With the yellow brake, I think it's OMG territory.

Sorry if I am not making this any easier for you. It's part of the fun and you have plenty of time, no?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

You've got me wanting some P40s now!!

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/index.php?t=WheelDetail&id=197

I think the lower profile 20 inch wheels that cause the rim to stick out passed the tyre edge. The 19" pics look fine.

So the standard Turbo has 19" with 8.5" width on the front and 11" on the back. I think I would keep the same combination for the HRE wheels, Silver Powdercoated, with Porsche coloured centre wheel caps.

Obviously, I'm a fan of black on black.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Gregg,

Sorry I missed these questions you had for me.

Yes my Turbo coupe should be here any day now. Guards with PCCB. Red with yellow brake is not as nice a combo as black or grey with yellow, but it will have to do since I have a thing for red cars, and PCCB is a must. (Saw red/yellow combo on an F car once, looks good there. Keeping fingers crossed here. LOL ) Last I heard the car was in San Diego being prepped. I am going to stay with stock tires.

If Champion doesn't make the wheel in black, I believe you'd have to do it locally. But I hear that the way to do it is NOT paint, but powder coat, for both look and durability--I have no personal experience with either. Re. magnesium wheels, you probably already know: Don't they bend easily and although doable, perhaps not a good idea for a daily driver, esp. on streets with propensity for pot holes (NY?)? Aren't mag wheels more for racing or something like that?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    You mentioned a PCCB, Red Turbo right? Coupe I think????? Close or at port? Bet you cant wait to get the car & also to get your wheels. Are you going to stay w/ stock tires?

btw: Since I'm going to change my car to Black from Basalt I'm seriously considering this look below. But imagine how crazy it would look on a Cabrio w/ PCCB's!! I think I may have to do it...Wonder if I should go w/ the 171 in Magnesium like the below or if I can get the 171's painted Black,,does Champion paint wheels?

I didn't like the Red w/ the yellow a while back but it's grown on me a lot, your car is going to be gorgeous. There's no doubt PCCB's are a must. Can't wait to see your car!

I called Champion about the black wheels (171's) yesterday but everyone is in Las Vegas. Yeah I guess powder coat would be the way to go...I think the pic of the HRE's is a photoshop? Are they avialable in black? Still like the 171's better but have to see, need to talk to Champion re: options.

I think I heard the same thing too about Magnesium, they're really light but not as strong??? Maybe someone w/ experience on that can chime in here? The black wheels on the Champion Werks car are Magnesium.. I really love the way that car looks.

Quote:
    jeffbco said:
    Obviously, I'm a fan of black on black.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    You are welcome! Although I agree that your choice of black on black is soooo sssinister cool, I must confess that other picture of the silver (although here looking almost gunmetal grey/charcoal like) P40 on black with blacked out windows had me and a colleague in stunned silence and shook my Guards Red fetish to its foundation. With the yellow brake, I think it's OMG territory.

Sorry if I am not making this any easier for you. It's part of the fun and you have plenty of time, no?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Ya kidding, not at all, I love it! Going back and forth in the process is part of the fun! I'm defintely not set yet on which way to go. I think the only thing I'm pretty sure about is staying w/ 19's, other than that it's between the P40'S & the 171's. I'm leaning towards the black finish but not ruling out what you mention.... A gunmetal finish like the one I had on the wheels on my black 2002 M5 would be hot too! I know right w/ the yellow calipers,,,,,, sick.

Quote:
    Alex_ said:

I think the lower profile 20 inch wheels that cause the rim to stick out passed the tyre edge. The 19" pics look fine.

So the standard Turbo has 19" with 8.5" width on the front and 11" on the back. I think I would keep the same combination for the HRE wheels, Silver Powdercoated, with Porsche coloured centre wheel caps.

Which one is "Brushed and clearcoated" and which is "Silver Powdercoated"?????????

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Alex_ said:

Which one is "Brushed and clearcoated" and which is "Silver Powdercoated"?????????

HRE P40

Gregg, use this link to view the differences.

Yup, thanks Crash. You beat me to it

I have emailed HRE in the US to see what it would cost to ship a set over to the UK. I can't find a reseller here.

i think i like the p43 better...

The only thing that bugs me a little with the HRE's is the inwards 'dip' towards the centre is MUCH more pronounced on the rear wheels than the front ones. So they look like different wheels.

HRE 890R

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753354 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430846 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258657 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255505 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79557 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802037 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM