Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

breaking news three cars investigated by fia!!!

BMW Sauber and Williams are under investigation of the Brazilian Grand Prix race stewards, autosport.com has learned.

Representatives of both teams were summoned to the stewards' office after their cars failed post-race inspection at Brazil.

The problem is believed to be in the tempature of the fuel samples taken from the cars of Williams's Nico Rosberg and BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.

The trio finished the race in fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.

More details to follow...

Re: breaking news three cars investigated by fia!!!

cars that finished 4th , 5th and 6th being investigated

God, this can't be happening.

Interesting.

Re: breaking news three cars investigated by fia!!

If the FIA take the title away from Kimi to give it to his Golden Boy I think that Ferrari should think about quiting F1 and starting a parallel championshp with other manufacturers.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/...lpepudep_25/Tes

ITV's latest update claims what I expected:
    Prolly a deductiion in Constructor's Championship points.

::::::

Kimi Raikkonen's Formula 1 world championship may be in jeopardy after Brazilian Grand Prix stewards launched an investigation into Williams and BMW Sauber for technical irregularities.

Representatives of the two teams were summoned to the stewards' office on Sunday evening after fuel samples taken from the cars of Nico Rosberg (Williams), Robert Kubica (BMW) and Nick Heidfeld (BMW) - which finished in fourth, fifth and sixth places respectively - were found to be illegal.

Were the three drivers to be disqualified from Sunday's race, Lewis Hamilton would be promoted to fourth place - giving him, and not Raikkonen, the title.

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations stipulates that "no fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature".

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer confirmed in a statement that the Williams and BMW fuel temperatures had deviated by more than that amount in the course of the race.

The stewards are currently deliberating on the appropriate punishment for this irregularity.

Given the huge ramifications of disqualifying the drivers, it is thought likely that a different penalty will be applied, perhaps citing the precedent of the 1995 Brazilian GP, when constructors' but not drivers' points were deducted.

MAN AND I THOUGHT I ALREADY SAW EVERYTHING WHAT FIA COULD DO

Apart of stealing F.Alonso's title, now they try it with Kimi, this must be a joke....

Bravo FIA

Who supplies the fuel to these two teams? Is it Total? I met the MD of the division that supplies the fuel to F1 on the way to the Shanghai GP. Wonder what he has to say about all this.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Who supplies the fuel to these two teams? Is it Total? I met the MD of the division that supplies the fuel to F1 on the way to the Shanghai GP. Wonder what he has to say about all this.

"Whoops" ...?

It seems FIA has more homework for next season, another spanish F1 pilot to screw ....22 years old, official F1 race driver for 2008 at Force India F1 team

BREAKING NEWS: FIA upholds result!

Stewards uphold Brazilian GP result
    Monday, 01, January, 0001, 00:00

Kimi Raikkonen has been confirmed as the 2007 Formula 1 world champion after Brazilian Grand Prix race stewards upheld the original result.

After lengthy deliberations at Interlagos on Sunday evening, the stewards decided not to penalise Williams and BMW Sauber for minor technical irregularities.

Fuel samples taken from the two teams' cars during their pit stops in Sunday's race revealed temperatures outside the permitted range.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    ITV's latest update claims what I expected:
    Prolly a deductiion in Constructor's Championship points.

::::::

Kimi Raikkonen's Formula 1 world championship may be in jeopardy after Brazilian Grand Prix stewards launched an investigation into Williams and BMW Sauber for technical irregularities.

Representatives of the two teams were summoned to the stewards' office on Sunday evening after fuel samples taken from the cars of Nico Rosberg (Williams), Robert Kubica (BMW) and Nick Heidfeld (BMW) - which finished in fourth, fifth and sixth places respectively - were found to be illegal.

Were the three drivers to be disqualified from Sunday's race, Lewis Hamilton would be promoted to fourth place - giving him, and not Raikkonen, the title.

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations stipulates that "no fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature".

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer confirmed in a statement that the Williams and BMW fuel temperatures had deviated by more than that amount in the course of the race.

The stewards are currently deliberating on the appropriate punishment for this irregularity.

Given the huge ramifications of disqualifying the drivers, it is thought likely that a different penalty will be applied, perhaps citing the precedent of the 1995 Brazilian GP, when constructors' but not drivers' points were deducted.

If this is real, dear Doctor, as far as I'm leaving very near to from the surrealist Master Salvador Dali Used to do, I think I can be next appointed as the "Younguest Phenomenon to Lead the Planet........NO! THE UNIVERSE!

My God, no.....I'm sure this will not take place....I pray this are only nervous rumors...

If not, and this is a serious reality, please beleive me, my music will change, I'll paint differently, I'll dance the "Sardana" with a skilt.and I will never think or get drunk again!

And what I was born between my legs will be a real thing!!!

JA,JA....

Byron - put down the champaign glass for a second. FIA confirmed that Kimi is the winner

Now: Party on! Excellent!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Byron - put down the champaign glass for a second. FIA confirmed that Kimi is the winner

Now: Party on! Excellent!

CHIN CHIN LASSE!!!!!

Thank you for, I hope the last news!!!!

"Wish you where here", a Viking- Spanish celebration.

Seriously talking, if I can be serious at this moment, I'm really happy for Kimmi!

As you said many times, I also deslike girlies! jajajjajaja

and that is an attitude....Will you stik a poster in your saloon of daddy with an umbrella? jajajajaja DID YOUR DADDY HAD AN UMBRELLA NOT TO PERMITT YOUR SENSITIVE HEAD TO GET WET.........?? My Father did not. Fortunatelly for me.

and, not even talking about this year...?Would you complain about a Renault mechanic not putting a bolt correctly?

Fed up abbout complaiments.....THE BEST WON... and Lasse, beleive it or not, many people arround here desired this result: the sport won, Ron Loosed!

I hope Hamilton and Alonso will not, depite the team...but one thing is very clear, FERRARI HAS KIMI AND MASSA next year!

CHIN CHIN LASSE!!!

YES THEY DID!!!!
    KIMI RULES

There were some doubts after the race whether Raikkonen would keep the title, however, as Formula One's governing body -- FIA -- opened up an investigation into possible fuel irregularities.

FIA called a meeting involving representatives from BMW-Sauber and Williams, whose drivers finished fourth, fifth, sixth and 10th, and if at least two of them were punished, Hamilton could have moved up to fifth and taken the title.

Nearly six hours after the race, FIA said there wasn't enough evidence to penalize the drivers or the teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-f1-braziliangp&prov=ap&type=lgns

McLaren are appealing: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41157

They couldnt win the championship - not even by spying on Ferrari.
    Now they want to win it thru a technicality that had absolutely no impact on Hamilton's suckky performance yesterday?
    Yeah, they are truly a classy team

Come on McLaren, stop being such sore losers! Ferrari and Kimi definitely deserve the win!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    They couldnt win the championship - not even by spying on Ferrari.
    Now they want to win it thru a technicality that had absolutely no impact on Hamilton's suckky performance yesterday?
    Yeah, they are truly a classy team

Would you give up if you were McLaren who have basically got nothing out of a season?

The spying and cheating stuff I think was blown way out of proportion. As many have said, that kind of things goes on all the time between teams - they just aren't stupid enough to put it down in traceable formats such as emails.

Lastly, Hamilton lost yesterday through a messed up gearbox (which they were tinkering with before the race even started). How exactly is that HIS fault?

I think Kimi is indeed a worthy Champion given the end of the season he had. But I do feel very sorry for Lewis and even Ron Dennis as they had so much and it was taken away from them by a combination of others stupidity and very bad luck.

Alex, I believe Hamilton lost the championship, not because of a faulty gearbox, but because of a much too ambitious and aggressive move on Alonso in the first lap. This made him go off track - not only costing him quite a few places - but according to experts (drivers) quite possibly also caused the car's hydraulics/mechs to malfunction.
    I have no way of proving that his off-track excursion caused the tech problems - I only quote others on this.
    But I do know that he could have won the championship easily had he kept his cool and just let Alonso stay in front of him. Ending up 4th would have given him a comfortable win.
    But he went for broke - and that's exactly what he ended up being.

A lot of people in here feel that it was "unfair" or "bad luck" that Hamilton lost the championship. As some have pointed out; you dont win the championship by doing well in one or two races. Kimi has actually had more bad luck than Hamilton, but he just had it all mid-season. Those incidents didnt seem as spectacular back then, as Hamiltons trouble at the very end did.

So I find it unfair to claim that Hamilton lost due to bad luck alone.
    He just got all of his bad luck at a sucky time - and lacked the experience and cool that would have made him champion this year.

And with six wins vs four, I think the right man won!

Nicely put Denn!

During the US broadcast, the commentators spoke about the anvil that is going to fall from the sky and hit Kimi's car (if it weren't for bad luck - Kimi wouldn't have any luck at all). It always seems to happen to him. I can't believe this.
    I've liked Kimi since Peter Sauber took a chance on a young Finn with only 23 races under his belt. I liked Kimi, but HATED Ron Dennis (I know Michael Andretti personally), so I was elated when he went to Ferrari. I really hope everything works out for him.
    If it does: CONGRATULATIONS KIMI!!!

Based on this information, I'm not sure McLaren is going to be able to prove anything. It doesn't sound like FIA actually knows what the actual ambient temperature was at the time they took the samples.
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41157

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778898 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442185 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263057 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261337 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85573 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5778 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881030 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817218 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM