Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Brazilian F1 GP Qualifying...

Hamilton did not block Kimi because he did move to the side and let Kimi pass. One thing you're forgetting that the "incident" occurred during the last 1.30min of the qualification and Hamilton did now have very much time left to get a round the track and start his final lap. Just look at Alonso he was 5 seconds away from missing his final trial.

Hamilton did not have time to slow down like crazy for Kimi. Further more disturbing other drivers a little is a part of the game.

Just like with the incident i China many of you who are complaining didn't even watch the qualification and don't know the full story.
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Coming back to F1. Don't you think that the FIA should limit the number of hours that a driver can use the simulator? For instance in McLaren, L. Hamilton is lapping the tracks thoushands of times while his Spaniard teammates are developing the car. Don't you think that gives him a 'little' advantage?

So you think that FIA should forbid Hamilton to play racing computer games now?

Dr. Phil, again thank you for your posts. It's refreshing to see a different point of view (which I may not necessarily agree with) expressed with clarity and not rabid incoherence

It's interesting to note that Senna was regarded much the same when he was alive, but when he passed away, suddenly he was thought of as perfect. Drivers are still human beings, albeit highly competitive ones, and there is a school of thought that a driver who is too 'nice' will never win a WDC and forever be destined to make up the numbers. I think the reality lies somewhere between the two extremes, and I do still think that Hamilton attracts a lot of extra criticism purely because he is clearly so exceptional. I have been watching him all through the lower formulae and even six or seven years ago it was very clear that this kid was something special. Even then when he was winning, there was criticism of him because McLaren supported him. Of course, in F1 this is magnified x 1000 and so of course are the emotions.

But quite simply he was supported by McLaren by virtue of the fact he had the ability to justify that support. If he had not achieved the results there is no way he would have had the opportunity. Far more drivers get left behind when they fail to perform than the tiny percentage who do actually make it to F1.

I bet if he had done what everyone thought he would do this season, ie. played patsy to Alonso and been a safe, solid second and third place finisher, none of us would be having these conversations about him. Because he has confounded expectations and raised his game to a championship level, he also has to take all the associated baggage that comes with that. And again, being British has very little to do with it for me. I was never a fan of Hill, Button or Coulthard. I liked Mansell, but not because he was British, but because he had real balls and drove the wheels off a car. Hamilton's speed on a qualifying lap is something fantastic to behold.

I hope we have a great race and everyone enjoys it!

It's heating up folks:)

Alonso is crying that team is against him.. but on last raceHamilton DNF because team didnt call him in pits in right time, on friday they made mistake with tyres and Hamilton could easily get +10 grid positionw penalty, today his gear box doesnt work... Is McLaren really against Alonso ?

Kimi!!!

Well done Kimi! Excellent drive today. Ferrari were simply majestic. McLaren were so slow today.

Hamilton lost 2 places at the start, then had a gearbox problem which cost him 30-40 seconds, then didn't take on enough fuel in the 2nd pit stop forcing him to make a 3rd pit stop so he and McLaren couldn't have messed up more in this race.

What a great season comes to a dramatic end.

Well done Ferrari and Kimi who won it fairly and squarely

Superb result....Alonso didnt win Brilliant.

Congrats 2 the fin!

I'm wondering what Alonso's gonna say about his poor performance compared to the times of Hamilton?!?

Finally Kimi can party real hard without any regrets ;-)

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Well done Kimi! Excellent drive today. Ferrari were simply majestic. McLaren were so slow today.

Hamilton lost 2 places at the start, then had a gearbox problem which cost him 30-40 seconds, then didn't take on enough fuel in the 2nd pit stop forcing him to make a 3rd pit stop so he and McLaren couldn't have messed up more in this race.

Hamilton cracked under pressure. Pure and simple as that.
    And I suspect the gearbox issues appeared after he went off the track in the beginning. I am not talking about the first out-of-the-track event, the one when Alonso passed him; I am talking about the second event. I am disappointed by him. Too bad. He was in a position to write history.

Hat off to Kimi. He was impeccable in the second half of the season.

Ironically Alonso got nothing out of this season, not even vice-champion. Well, I will call this one divine justice because he gave inside information to F1.

The bottom line...

The bottom line is...

Kimi Won! and what a deserved victory that was. Without the prima donna antics of most other drivers, the cool, controlled, professional and very talented driver, finally gets his very deserved prize!

Congratulations Kimi! Well done!

Re: The bottom line...

Wow what a race. The track is tight and I thought it was going to be boring race but it turned out to be the most interesting one this season.

I really didnt expect Kimi to win this, to me it was crystal clear that Mclaren would be the big winners today.

Hamilton got off bad during the start because of Kimi who was driving too slow which gave Alonso the opportunity to gain on him. The mechanical failure was off course the biggest factor.

IMO Mclaren didn't lose in Brazil, but in China where Hamilton had pole and could easily have taken the championship home there if they didn't gamble with the tyre strategy.

Other than that Hamilton has absolutely nothing to be ashamed off. He has done an outstanding performance and should be very proud for what he has accomplished as a rookie. He has a very bright future ahead of himself.

Ron should give himself a big hug too. He gambled big time by putting Hamilton in the driver seat of one of his cars. I remember how the press and other F1 fanatics laughed and criticized Ron when he announced that Hamilton was going to be Mclaren's number 2 driver. The gamble has certainly paid off and the critics have been silenced.

I'm a good loser and don't talk trash unlike some other people. Kimi did win fair and sqaure. But overall it has been an amazing season which will most likely be replicated next year. It has been F1 at the highest level.

Big applaus to Hamilton for his unexpected and fantastic performance. Only 1 point behind the winner.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    IMO Mclaren didn't lose in Brazil, but in China where Hamilton had pole and could easily have taken the championship home there if they didn't gamble with the tyre strategy.

They lost it in Hungary, when due to A. Hamilton whining, the FIA punished Alonso.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

Totally agree!

Kimi was my favourite and today he made it!
    Forza Ferrari!

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

They lost it in Hungary, when due to A. Hamilton whining, the FIA punished Alonso.

And what verb would describe what you have been doing a lot of this weekend

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

And what verb would describe what you have been doing a lot of this weekend

Hey, don't be sore losers, just enjoy the night like Kimi surely will do

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Wow what a race. The track is tight and I thought it was going to be boring race but it turned out to be the most interesting one this season.

I really didnt expect Kimi to win this, to me it was crystal clear that Mclaren would be the big winners today.

Hamilton got off bad during the start because of Kimi who was driving too slow which gave Alonso the opportunity to gain on him. The mechanical failure was off course the biggest factor.

Other than that Hamilton has absolutely nothing to be ashamed off. He has done an outstanding performance and should be very proud for what he has accomplished as a rookie. He has a very bright future ahead of himself.

Ron should give himself a big hug too. He gambled big time by putting Hamilton in the driver seat of one of his cars. I remember how the press and other F1 fanatics laughed and criticized Ron when he announced that Hamilton was going to be Mclaren's number 2 driver. The gamble has certainly paid off and the critics have been silenced.

I'm a good loser and don't talk trash unlike some other people. Kimi did win fair and sqaure. But overall it has been an amazing season which will most likely be replicated next year. It has been F1 at the highest level.

Big applaus to Hamilton for his unexpected and fantastic performance. Only 1 point behind the winner.

Very well said

I hope McLaren wont suffer a lot because of penalty from spy case which they must pay; and Hamilton will have chance next year for winning a title...

Re: Brazilian F1 Grand Prix: The Finale!

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    P.S. Hamilton will not win the championship.

I think I called that one correctly, Thanks! No need to credit me. Go Kimi!

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    He is certainly quick. The only reason I have for thinking that Hamilton will not win the championship is that EVERYONE on that grid would rather he did not. That is a lot of negative energy. But, like you said - it's not a done deal. I just wanted to get my prediction on the record.
    Cheers -

Some thought I was going out on a limb! Great race today!
    Cheers

Anyone catch Bernie's comment to Brundle in the pit lane interviews where he said, at first, it wouldn't be good for F1 if Hamilton won the title in his rookie year?

Makes you wonder.....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752878 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430549 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258512 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868139 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801706 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM