Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nissan GT-R Uncovered

It doens't even look like a stock car, it ooks like it has already been pre-riced out at the factory

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Hopefully the new turbo will be faster than that.

The car is cool. Will sell well in US. Target audience - 35 and up. Waitlist galore. Will eat 997 turbo's lunch.

It makes the Z06 look mature

After being too harsh on the new Nissan I started studying the engine bay and quickly noticed some stuff. Has there been word if this vehicle will use an adaptive damping system? On top of both damper tower is a wire connecting to it. Look at my red arrow. Does it look like the intake manifold is attached to the damper tower hub? If so, this means going aftermarket might be a painstaking modification? Look at my yellow arrow. I am slightly suprised that there is not a upper strut bar spanning across the engine.

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    After being too harsh on the new Nissan I started studying the engine bay and quickly noticed some stuff. Has there been word if this vehicle will use an adaptive damping system? On top of both damper tower is a wire connecting to it. Look at my red arrow. Does it look like the intake manifold is attached to the damper tower hub? If so, this means going aftermarket might be a painstaking modification? Look at my yellow arrow. I am slightly suprised that there is not a upper strut bar spanning across the engine.

Judging by how lots of things appear to be attached to eachother where they normally wouldnt be, there might not be a need for a strut bar for reinforcement.

ei ei ei... why is it so difficult to design a beautiful car! Cant understand it!

Well spotted! I think i read on another forum that it does have adaptive suspension.

I wonder if this was an "official" release or prompted by a leak.

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:

Other interesting thing-engine seems to be without dry-sump
    So, then it features some kind of high pressure pumps system a la BMW M3/M5/M6....

I may criticize Porsche for their boring design department however I have to be happy that they had nothing to do with this monstrosity.

It's like a bad Celica.

I wonder which Nissan exec signed off on this monstrosity? He needs an eye test and an express course in auto-styling at Pininfarina or Giugiaro to spare the world from future gargoyles like this...

You guys are obviously not privy to the legend that is the GTR. The car has a long heritage, and this is just the latest translation of that GT-R shape. I think it looks pretty good to be honest.

One thing is a japanese sedanish box shaped sportcar as the GTR always was, which may not be considered visually appealing as a sportcar and may give a neutral feeling on the viewer which you could live with. But this one is not just simply dull or unatractive like the past skylines, this one is tasteless and just darn ugly IMO. I can only see it selling to the young boy-racer crowd with money to pay for it. They should have been more conservative and classy on the design IMO.

So far we haven't talked about technology and performance. I am very curious how this car will appear to be after all that dust caused by marketing and press will've settled...

Quote:
    WAY said:
    You guys are obviously not privy to the legend that is the GTR. The car has a long heritage, and this is just the latest translation of that GT-R shape. I think it looks pretty good to be honest.

Whatever 'legend' the GTR had created has now been shattered with this foray into the truly grotesque.

If you think this looks good, well... I wish I would've known you during my clubbing years. I could've always used a good wingman to play with the toads.

German version will have 473ps and 590Nm...

Actually, I think the exterior look pretty good. Not beautiful, but purposeful, I think.

Autocar.co.uk has pictures of the interior and I must say that sadly, the dash in particular looks like it came from a bus.

I'd buy it just for the performance alone, butt-ugly or not. Of course it's too easy to judge or dismiss this car as a "ricer" or "kids with rich parent's" car, "jap car" blah blah blah, I wonder how many of you would consider buying if you (chose to) test drive one.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    So far we haven't talked about technology and performance. I am very curious how this car will appear to be after all that dust caused by marketing and press will've settled...

That's what I tried to do with this post: After being too harsh on the new Nissan I started studying the engine bay and quickly noticed some stuff. Has there been word if this vehicle will use an adaptive damping system? On top of both damper tower is a wire connecting to it. Look at my red arrow. Does it look like the intake manifold is attached to the damper tower hub? If so, this means going aftermarket might be a painstaking modification? Look at my yellow arrow. I am slightly suprised that there is not a upper strut bar spanning across the engine.

Woolfe, this is a leak by Motortrend then by Autoweek.

Kreso, you would think that Nissan would have went with a dry-sump considering all the side-by-side benchmarking they did with the Turbo.

I think the interior looks shoddy and heavily backwards thinking. Why are the CD player and audio controls out of reach for the passenger yet the suspension and traction switches are? The suspension setting switches is best suited for the steering wheel and the CD player controls in a nuetral location. For a sports car, the intention in the cockpit says otherwise. "Since the GT-R uses flappy paddles, a driver's hand will rarely leave the steering wheel. Then we should focus on putting the volume and cruise control in close proximaty to the driver's hands. This will maximize the driving pleasure and experience."

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    WAY said:

Whatever 'legend' the GTR had created has now been shattered with this foray into the truly grotesque.

If you think this looks good, well... I wish I would've known you during my clubbing years. I could've always used a good wingman to play with the toads.

Well I think my car is beautiful. I drive an AMV8. What do you think of it? See, my taste isn't that bad after all right!

I don't mean this car is good looking, but to me it looks purposeful and fit for the job. It isn't elegant like an AM or Ferrari. It's not meant to be.

U-G-L-Y
    It really does look like a catfish up front. America is very badge conscious. That's why Honda came out with the Acura brand. There may be waiting lists, but for how many cars, two or three?
    Here's a very good article from Autoweek.
    http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/FREE/71017001/1024/FREE
    The list the curb weight at 3792lbs. That is pretty heavy. The AWD and SMG is what's giving it the edge off the line. They also said that the 'ring time should be 7:44 and up with most laps coming in at 7:55 to 7:58. That's from a Nissan engineer. 7:32 - yeah right!

That dashboard looks like it belongs in a train not a car!

So the question is, does the GT-R move the game?

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

Dashboard... Deja Vu Nissan Patrol...

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    So the question is, does the GT-R move the game?

I guess not considering how much we've criticized this car.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

LOL!

Dashboard... Deja Vu Nissan Patrol...

Quote:
    temm said:
    Thanks

Front, maybe it'll look good in black

At night...?

above the polar circle in midwinter.... ?

with its lights switched off?

That should do it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688147 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408528 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234690 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM