Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Brazilian F1 Grand Prix: The Finale!

Massa has just had his Ferrari contract renewed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7046831.stm

So that door just closed on Alonso. Seems like Renault is the only safe harbour for Alonso whom nobody loves. Ahhhhh! There, there, don't cry little Fernando

Well. That is a pity. He is a great driver. and a star. Not sure if good for F1 not to have him.
    Why is there so much emotions this year in F1? :-)

FA is a two time worldchampion - beating MS at the top of his game in a Renault. Note what McLaren did last year (not a single win) exactly how many Renault had this year without FA. I don't care what people who have never even sat in an F1 car think about his character. He is an incredible driver and I respect his freedom to vent his anger/frustrations any way he chooses. He has heart and spirit. In a sport where you risk your life daily there had better be some passion.
    P.S. Hamilton will not win the championship.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    FA is a two time worldchampion - beating MS at the top of his game in a Renault. Note what McLaren did last year (not a single win) exactly how many Renault had this year without FA. I don't care what people who have never even sat in an F1 car think about his character. He is an incredible driver and I respect his freedom to vent his anger/frustrations any way he chooses. He has heart and spirit. In a sport where you risk your life daily there had better be some passion.

He is also a petulant, arrogant, spoiled person who suffers from paranoia and thinks he is the best and yet demands superior treatment over his junior team-mate whom he cannot beat in a straight fight, and when he doesnt get that unfair advantage resorted to blackmailing his team boss

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

He is also a petulant, arrogant, spoiled person who suffers from paranoia and thinks he is the best and yet demands superior treatment over his junior team-mate whom he cannot beat in a straight fight, and when he doesnt get that unfair advantage resorted to blackmailing his team boss

The level of manipulation that the Bristish media has achieved is impressive.

I detect a lot of envy in your words too. But face it, none of us will be nowhere as good as Alonso no matter how hard we try.

Quote:
    gangajas said:

You're a brave man making such a bold claim. I personally don't think any 'manipulation' (this is a very strong and negative word) is actually needed. I could base my own personal view on Alonso purely on his own interviews on TV and on what he is actually quoted as saying AND STILL come out with a negative opinion on him.

Still, all will be revealed soon

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

I detect a lot of envy in your words too. But face it, none of us will be nowhere as good as Alonso no matter how hard we try.

You must be joking, I dont envy him one iota! I pity him for the fact that he is paid millions, is one of the best drivers in the world (I dont dispute that) and yet has so little self respect and he behaves in such an infantile manner. All he ever does is complain when there are people in far less easy positions who simply do their job without a word of complaint. To earn respect you have to be worthy of it. Nothing Alonso has done off the track this season has earned any respect from me.

As stated by easy, no level of media manipulation is required, his behaviour is very clear to see. Every time a microphone is put in his face, his arrogance amazes me, and I was lost for words how after winning in Nurburgring he acted with his behaviour towards Massa. And this after winning a race! The guy is just a poor example of a human being and does not deserve my respect.

I have studied psychology and seriously he appears to have some paranoia/self delusion issues going on.

If you aspire to be as good as the example he sets then I wish you luck, in the real world nobody will get far with such an attitude in life.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

Hi Leawood911, it's been a long time friend since I read one of your posts! I agree with almost every word you wrote except (1) your prediction that Hamilton will not win the title. It's certainly not a done deal but Hamilton is marginally favourite to do so and (2) your idea that Renault and McLaren have been successful because of Alonso. That's indeed one possible interpretation but not the one I would draw.

My own view is that, last year, Renault really did have the best car AND also that Alonso drove truly superbly last year making almost no errors. I think Alonso drove the best last year over the whole season and thoroughly deserved the title. Schumi's car was nearly as good but didn't corner as sweetly as the Renault and had less traction out of the corners. Overall, I think last year's outcome was a fair result. The McLaren last year really was an awful, unreliable car and no driver, even Alonso, could change that. The number of retirements that Kimi and Juan Pablo suffered last year was a joke. I think it was one of McLaren's worst seasons in recent times.

By contrast, this season, McLaren really has had the best car over the whole season. Ferrari is stronger in certain respects in the latter half of the season only. As such, Alonso has driven very well, making some mistakes along the way but he still has a superb car to drive with. Hamilton has made almost no mistakes (apart from spinning in Fuji when pushed by Kubica and the pit lane incident at Shanghai) so in terms of driving consistency, he has marginally outdriven Alonso.

This year Renault has produced a very poor car and their drivers are second tier performers as well which explains their very poor season.

Also, although I agree with you about Alonso having the FREEDOM to vent his anger and frustration, I still have the right to form my own opinion based on how he behaves

Just my 2 cents.. All the best and I hope you thoroughly enjoy this final race of the 2007 season

One thing I can absolutely say is that for me this season is one of the most interesting in many, many years.

Alonso is a classic case of 'hero to zero' to many eyes

Two years ago he was hailed by all as the youngest ever World Champion and deservedly so. Last year he beat MS again fairly and squarely on the track, but his off-track antics began to expose some character defects.

This year these defects have overshadowed his undoubted ability as a driver, to the point that he has lost popularity and credibility.

The unprecedented emergence of Hamilton has compounded these tendancies but, make no mistake, the old adage that "You don't have to be popular to be successful" may still prevail...

Let's hope for a clean contest in Brazil and may the best driver win the title.

Quote:
    John H said:
    Alonso is a classic case of 'hero to zero' to many eyes

Two years ago he was hailed by all as the youngest ever World Champion and deservedly so. Last year he beat MS again fairly and squarely on the track, but his off-track antics began to expose some character defects.

This year these defects have overshadowed his undoubted ability as a driver, to the point that he has lost popularity and credibility.

The unprecedented emergence of Hamilton has compounded these tendancies but, make no mistake, the old adage that "You don't have to be popular to be successful" may still prevail...

Let's hope for a clean contest in Brazil and may the best driver win the title.

Every word worth its weight in gold

easy -
    I fully agree with your analysis of the strength and weaknesses of last years cars. Spot on. It is always nice to see that there are others paying attention to a sport which sadly has few fans in the US. As a result of a total lack of interest by Americans we get only the races - on pay cable at that. We see no interviews except a couple minutes of pre-race and then the post race interview of top three finishers. So from my perspective I see only the driving and none of the crap you guys must endure. That said, Hamilton is the real deal. He is certainly quick. The only reason I have for thinking that Hamilton will not win the championship is that EVERYONE on that grid would rather he did not. That is a lot of negative energy. But, like you said - it's not a done deal. I just wanted to get my prediction on the record. Since Kimi is too far out (almost) I would bet FA will win the drivers title.
    Just from what I am hearing on this forum - it does seem like FA gets bad treatment from the press. I guess he is the 'Bush' of F1 (does that make Hamilton the Obama?)
    Cheers -

Hesitating to respond to the majority of comments, I'd like to add to shed some light. Residing in a country that is less involved in this - to some people - patriotic debate I have to suggest the truth might be right in the middle of it.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Seems like Renault is the only safe harbour for Alonso whom nobody loves.

Ferrari made a very brief announcement that Massa has extened his contract, without any further comments or statements in the press announcement. This is quite uncommon for Ferrari, further more it followed the very strong rumours that Alonso returns to Renault for next year's season (possibly promoting a swap with Kovalainen). Does that ring a bell..?

Surprisingly to me, Alonso's fair and appropriate driving [save the first corner at Spa this year] was never considered a valuable quality to most people. Schumacher for example made some very controversial actions on the track, even winning championships by this, during his career but I hardly find someone bringing this into the discussion.

Enough people involved in the subject agree that Alonso has put a lot of effort into the McLaren's development. Just as much as in his years at Renault. I assume, the effort, determination and time he put into it hasn't payed of as expected. The reason for the whole season's debate might be due to one very simple thing: McLaren's team structure. Something that Raikkonen might've gotten along just fine, getting into the car and driving like nuts, doesn't work for someone like Alonso. He is desperate to control the scene, from a technical, strategic or emotional point of view. The question remains if McLaren should consider to rethink the way they deal with their crown jewels. One can sense that top drivers cannot be put into an organisational sceme but each single person reacts different. Raikkonen just got drunk every now and then... After all, genius and madness are pretty close together. Some of you might've figured out already.

Hamilton is, in my eyes, a lesser issue than Ron Dennis and his staff. Being used to something different at Renault, Alonso didn't have any other chance but to revolt against it. He might have been surprised to experience that his above mentioned effort was taken for granted and passed on to his teammate scoring points. Hamilton surely has a great level of speed, especially being used to GP2's characteristics in his previous season which come close to this year's uniform F1 Bridgestone tires. Being secured in a McLaren cockpit, being a yearlong protegé and family friend of Ron Dennis, performing better than expected with a bit of luck and his undesputed talent he had nothing to lose .

It was indeed a very entertaining season with a lot of thrilling and partially suspicious actions. Whoever has come that far as the top three on the table have come deserves the title. I'd just wish that some of the, dare I say, "canting" appeareances in various tabloids across the world would've been less involving and could've shed some more light onto the truth in between.

Enjoy the race at Sunday, guys!

@Ferdie: IMHO the crucial points you raise are:

1) the fact that Ferrari made its announcement this year before the season has ended: last year, Ferrari made its announcements at Monza so this year, it was not really that early BUT I think Ferrari did it to extricate itself from all the rumour and speculation so that they have a settled atmosphere going into this crucial last race.

2) Alonso vs Schumi in terms of (a) their driving (b) their off track behaviour.

Re (a), even those who criticise Alonso the loudest for his off track conduct would be the first to admit that he is a fantastic driver who is blisteringly quick. Added to that, Alonso was metronomically consistent last year. He didn't make any mistakes no matter how much pressure Schumi placed him under. He simply soaked it all up and rose to the occasion. This year, by contrast, Alonso has made quite a few mistakes which IMHO are because the pressure of being outperformed by a rookie has rattled and riled him.

More importantly, re (b), one of the reasons why people hesitate to call Schumi the greatest driver ever is because of his character on and off the track and the way he went about winning. He was respected but not liked. The same is happening now to Alonso. Give it time to crystallise further. He is no longer the darling of F1. That crown already belongs to young guns like Hamilton.

3) has Alonso been rewarded less compared to the effort he has put into McLaren during development/testing? I don't know the answer to this one. Only the insiders will really know this one.

4) whether Alonso's methodology (of the driver being the primary part of car development) does not work well within McLaren where perhaps the engineers and the rest of the technical guys etc control car development? Again, the insiders will know if this really has been the cause of the relationship breaking down.

5) on the related issue of how Alonso must resent his development efforts being enjoyed by Hamilton, this issue would only be of significance if their efforts were indeed unequal with Alonso making a disproportionately greater contribution. Again, only the team insiders will really know the answer to this.

When all is said and done, I think the key issue is that, at Renault, the whole team revolved around Alonso. He was the hero and this was purely because Flavio loved his young driver. Fisi really was left out in the cold.

This year, the boot is on the other foot. Hamilton is the one who gets all the attention while McLaren seem uninterested in lauding their 2 time World Champion. But it goes further than this. It isn't just that Alonso hates the fact that Hamilton has 'stolen' all the attention and praise. It is that Alonso expects preferential treatment by virtue of him being the 2 time World Champion. It just doesn't work that way at McLaren. They treat their drivers equally. [That's also why the FIA observer is such a ridiculous measure to adopt.]

The lack of preferential treatment is the key to why this season has seen Alonso's career at McLaren unravel so rapidly and spectacularly. That explains why his relationship with Hamilton has soured as Hamilton drove as well as, or even better than, him. That is why Alonso no longer trusts or respects Ron Dennis.

I think Alonso's departure from McLaren could be a very messy affair depending upon how the race goes. If he wins the title, his ego will mean he will want to leave with dignity. If he doesn't win the title, he'll complain about everyone and everything under the sun. He's a sore loser who will not accept that he just wasn't good enough this season and that he was outdriven.

Alonso probably thought he would spend a few years at McLaren earning some big money like Hakkinen, Coulthard and Raikkonen all did. Those dreams now look as ridiculous as the very idea of Hamilton winning the F1 Driver's Championship most certainly did before the 2007 season began. My, my! How fortunes have changed this year....

I just hope we have a clean and fair race and may the best man win! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend of watching sports! (In my case, Rugby World Cup Final and F1!)

Just my 10 cents worth...

I agree with easy's last three paragraphs wholeheartedly.

Quote:
    cgt said:

Senna, Schumacher, G.Villeneuve, N.Lauda, A.Prost all the big champions are the same... Well done cgt!!! just described the character of a champion!!! winning what ever, does not matter the rest while I'm the first!!!! as you can see I have not included Hamilton.... not yet... if he will become one of them he will transform (better show his true face) like the others!

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

Senna, Schumacher, G.Villeneuve, N.Lauda, A.Prost all the big champions are the same... Well done cgt!!! just described the character of a champion!!! winning what ever, does not matter the rest while I'm the first!!!! as you can see I have not included Hamilton.... not yet... if he will become one of them he will transform (better show his true face) like the others!

Just a small difference, the others could beat their team-mates or other drivers on merit, and when that wasnt the case did not resort to threatening to shop the team boss to the FIA! There is a fine line between ruthlessness, ego and plain bad behaviour!

Dear Easy,

I respect and enjoyed reading your comments. However, hence my statement in my post above, I get the feeling that GB media just influenced your point of view as much as some fellow supporters' view by other countries' media.
    I am quite reluctant to comments given in the media, the louder the comments the more cautious you can be. German television for example is desperate to promote other drivers for the sake of viewer demand in the post-Schumi era.
    Prior to further comments, I do believe that everybody should receive the acknowledgement for their effort and results. I also understand that Alonso's behaviour does not look to polite in many people's eyes. I have experienced the hype Michael Schumacher caused in Germany, you could even find his face on sausages in the supermarket. If it made it look more delicious? You bet...

After all it is about sports (not religion, though this might be the same to some) and should be in good fun.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    This year, by contrast, Alonso has made quite a few mistakes which IMHO are because the pressure of being outperformed by a rookie has rattled and riled him.

As mentioned above, Alonso is desperate to control the race (weekends). If you worked like this forever, it doesn't help at all if the team gives you instructions reg. race strategy, fuel calculations, suspension setup biased for qualification or race. The list goes on, you wouldn't work as efficent if somebody would move your desk every ten minutes as well, would you? Simple analogy, but you'd get the point.

It became obvious that Alonso, just as he predicted in an AMS interview in summer, would benefit from technical modifications that came into effect in the second half of the season. He definately has knowledge and skill in vehicle development as hardly anybody else currently on the market. Undoubtly. Hamilton might be fast of the line, I am very curious how he (and his old/new teammate) will fair without Alonso's help.

Alonso and Hamilton are both great and fast drivers, it is the philosophy behind it that makes the difference. I can only repeat my phrase above, even the best drivers have a very limited amount of rights inside a team. Sadly a hard lesson to learn...

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Give it time to crystallise further.

Yeah. And Button becomes next champion. And Coulthard. And... Fisichella?

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Again, only the team insiders will really know the answer to this.

Really? It was one of the reasons Hamilton was less involved in the espionage affair. To which extend, do you assume, does a rookie contribute to vehicle development? Renault's weak appearance was due to the drivers' difficulties to judge on the car's potential. Both Kovalainen and Piquet jr. were not experienced enough, Fisichella didn't seem to take the lead in vehicle development. Shall I say more? There are numerous people, within and outside of McLaren, who are able to evaluate or experienced the effort, each single driver put into the car's development.

There are a few more things I'd like to add... Surprisingly most in-team difficulties in the past decades of F1 have occurred at McLaren. Coincidence?

[Senna vs. Prost]

[Raikkonen vs. Montoya]

[Alonso vs. Hamilton]

Isn't it absurd that the team, sporting the idea of equal opportunities to the fullest, has to live with an FIA supervisor at this year's Brazilian GP? A very interesting subject in my eyes.

I would definitely add to the list

{Mansell vs Piquet} - Williams

{Pironi vs Villeneuve} - Ferrari

{Mansell vs Prost) - Ferrari

These were some of the most bitter rivalries I can remember, Mansell and Piquet hated each other! It's a fact of life that competitive people will always have issues. It comes down to both people to behave maturely, which I think Hamilton and Alonso have both not really done at times this year.

I have been very competitive with people in my work environment but I would not choose to have an unfair advantage. I would rather be the best on an equal playing field.

@Ferdie: Thanks for your very well considered and thoughtful reply! The main issue I need to touch on is your view that my opinion is influenced by the UK media. Well, you are certainly entitled to that view but I can assure you that my view is based primarily upon my own interpretation of what I see during qualification, the race itself, the post race press conference and all the various interviews with drivers and team bosses that I see on TV and read on the internet where the actual words of the drivers are quoted.

I never base my view on what someone writing in a UK newspaper writes or what the unofficial websites state. I find the ITV F1 commentary interesting but limited in its value and credibility by the biases of the commentators themselves so I always take what they say with a very big pinch of salt!

I can honestly say that I strive very hard to remain unbiased and uninfluenced in whatever views I form. My own training as a lawyer means I assess what is said very much according to who is saying it and what their motives might be.

With the greatest of respect to you and the other Rennteamers here, I don't think I have actually been unknowingly prejudiced against anyone. For example, I base my views of Alonso upon how he drives, the interviews he gives live on TV, what he is actually quoted as saying etc. I would never base my view of him upon someone else's interpretation of him. I prefer to make that assessment of him myself just in the way that I form an opinion of everyone else I meet, work with etc etc....

But, to the extent I have fallen short of this, I naturally offer my humblest apologies and hope that you will see that my intentions are always honourable since I only care about the truth no matter how unpalatable that might be.

Turning to the issue of car development, perhaps you will remember that neither Alonso nor Hamilton drove the 2007 car until very near to the official launch in Valencia. The bulk of the testing had already been done during the Winter by Pedro De La Rosa. That point is key because the car was already fantastic at the start of the season before Alonso and Hamilton had got involved in testing.

Whilst it goes without saying that Alonso has years more F1 experience than Hamilton, and so he should be in a position to provide more valuable input into the ongoing testing and development process that continues to occur as the season unfolds, it does not necessarily mean this has in fact been the case.

Indeed, there is a temptation to assume that Alonso must have contributed more because of his greater years of experience. That is why I have written that the only people who will ACTUALLY know what the drivers' respective contributions have been are the team insiders.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    There are a few more things I'd like to add... Surprisingly most in-team difficulties in the past decades of F1 have occurred at McLaren. Coincidence?

[Senna vs. Prost]

[Raikkonen vs. Montoya]

[Alonso vs. Hamilton]

You didn't mention Lauda vs. Prost.

No coincidence. Just a byproduct of trying to have two of the best drivers available at any one time and supporting them equally.
    Other teams have been satisfied to put a second- or third-rate paying driver into the second car to stretch their budgets a little further.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    I would definitely add to the list

{Mansell vs Piquet} - Williams

{Pironi vs Villeneuve} - Ferrari

{Mansell vs Prost) - Ferrari

The first two were ahead of my time, I recall the later being a rather clear superiority by Prost. Mansell was surely the more impulsive driver & faster qualifier but to me Prost was the more complete pilot and focussed at the championship as a whole. As a character, both are very different individuals. Tasting wine and cheese with Prost, I would rather drink a beer with Mansell.

However I intended to point out that McLaren's equal rights system does only apply with drivers of different performance . The closer the performance, the more they push each other's limit. Until the system collapses.

Easy,

it is always good to chat with you and the other folks on this board, sharing or getting enlightend by people's views. By no means were the comments intended at someone personally. I just promoted the idea to take media with a good amount of wariness. Apologies if my comments appeared in a different way.

First of all, whoever wins the title had to put quite some effort into the game. I would applaud the winner to mention the team's labour just as much as his very own. While I don't have a doubt about Hamilton, I'd be curious to which extend Alonso and even Raikkonen will do it. I was surely not fond of a variety of incidents this season but right now I am giving the defendants the benefit of the doubt. To whom this applies to...

The great thing about that "sport" is the fact that you have a variety of elements that come into effect once you further evaluate the results. There is, as an example, merely a handful of engineers that understand the aerodynamics between front wing and front tires (and the advantage you can gain by this) one can sense the complexity that each single car on the grid inheres. Therefore, as you said, it is indeed difficult to judge about a single person in this "team sport".

It was de la Rosa who brought forward the current McLaren's development, however some McLaren engineers have independently stated that Alonso's part in this game is often overlooked and underrated. The current car seems to have been a great basis to start from, however it is the last fractions of performance that make the difference between an average car and the front runners.

In my eyes Alonso knows about his soft spot, being in demand of a car that fits to his driving style. Schumacher, and maybe even Hamilton, might be faster of the line with a car that is not perfect for their needs. I do not put it on one level with driving an ill-handling car (that is lacking precision or predictability at the limit) since those are very different things. On the performance level F1 racing is located at, you can only adapt an existing layout to your needs by a very small margin. If you move away from the car's inherent layout (e.g. under-/oversteer, traction, turn-in) you will loose efficiency.
    I'd say this should explain some of the performance differences between Hamilton and Alonso this season. As mentioned before, both of them knew that you can adapt race strategies and setups, on such a close performance level you have to keep an eye on the smaller things as well.

Looking forward to your responses!

Interesting point of view....

http://thelondonpaper.typepad.com/thelon...sem-london-blog

Kimi is fastest in 1st practice. Massa is 2nd. Hamilton is 5th. Alonso didn't come out for 1st practice. Looks like Ferrari might be quicker than McLaren this weekend...

Brazilian F1 GP: Practice 2 update

Practice 2: Lewis outpaces Alonso...

(Friday 19 October 2007)

Lewis Hamilton proved, irrespective of what penalties may or may not be handed out to him ahead of qualifying, he has the pace he need to wrap up the world title in Interlagos by setting the pace in second practice.

The title leader, who is currently under investigation by the stewards for using one more set of wet weather tyres than permitted in the morning, outpaced McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso by over a tenth of a second.

Both drivers used the super-soft Bridgestones in the closing stages of the session and it was Hamilton who got the best out of them with a best time of 1m12.767s.

Alonso tried to retaliate, and got close, but still ended up 0.122s behind despite clocking the fastest times in sectors two and three.

Nevertheless it seems the Woking squad has the early edge over Ferrari, with neither Felipe Massa nor the third title contender Kimi Raikkonen able to lap within 0.3s of their McLaren rivals.

Massa got closest in third, while the morning-pacesetter Raikkonen only ended up fourth after languishing down in 15th at the start of his final flying run. Indeed it seems the Italian squad has work to do to find more speed overnight to take the fight to McLaren in qualifying.

With the track still damp in parts following the morning's rain, the early drivers to venture out onto the circuit continued to try out Bridgestone's wet weather rubber. However the newly-resurfaced track soon became ripe for dry tyres - promoting a fierce battle for the top spot as the times tumbled.

Both BMW drivers, Massa and Alonso all took turns at the head of the field over the next hour before Hamilton's final effort proved too good for his closest rivals.

Behind the top four, Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella took a strong fifth place, to edge out the first BMW of Robert Kubica.

The Williams duo rounded out the top eight, with Alex Wurz's replacement Kazuki Nakajima finishing the first day of his debut grand prix weekend just 0.009s shy of team leader Nico Rosberg's effort.

David Coulthard continued his fine end-of-season form with ninth place for Red Bull, with BMW's Nick Heidfeld 10th and Ralf Schumacher 11th for Toyota.

Behind Heikki Kovalainen (Renault), were the Hondas of, home hero, Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button. Tonio Liuzzi in the Toro Rosso was snapping at their heels, while his Red Bull stable-mate Mark Webber was down amongst the Super Aguris and Spykers in the second RBR car.

Brazilian Grand Prix free practice session 2 times:

1. HAMILTON McLaren 1m12.767s
    2. ALONSO McLaren 1m12.889s
    3. MASSA Ferrari 1m13.075s
    4. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1m13.112s
    5. FISICHELLA Renault 1m13.549s
    6. KUBICA BMW 1m13.587s
    7. ROSBERG Williams 1m13.655s
    8. NAKAJIMA Williams 1m13.664s
    9. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m13.706s
    10. HEIDFELD BMW 1m13.785s
    11. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m13.829s
    12. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m13.879s
    13. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m13.892s
    14. BUTTON Honda 1m14.095s
    15. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m14.152s
    16. TRULLI Toyota 1m14.179s
    17. VETTEL Toro Rosso 1m14.409s
    18. SATO Super Aguri 1m14.431s
    19. DAVIDSON Super Aguri 1m14.477s
    20. WEBBER Red Bull 1m14.543s
    21. SUTIL Spyker 1m15.095s
    22. YAMAMOTO Spyker 1m15.715s

Brazilian_F1_GP_update_link

Re: Brazilian F1 GP: Practice 2 update

Great....McLaren screwed up on tyres in today's practice session...can they not get it right for once?

i hope hamilton takes it this weekend!! he really does deserve it. Yet by judging from his last and ONLY mistake he's felling the pressure.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Great....McLaren screwed up on tyres in today's practice session...can they not get it right for once?

I know! Apparently it's a new rule introduced for this season but I thought it's someone's job to know the rules!!
    Sigh.
    It's a comical season anyway so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that they will give LH a penalty and KR to win the title!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753337 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430830 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258651 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255503 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79555 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868426 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802026 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM