Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nissan GT-R Uncovered

Oh my goodness...

Atleast we now know the settings:

There are three settings for the Bilstein Damptronic shocks: R, Sports and Comfort.

The thing is still heavy. Not too sure about MotorTrend's laptime report...

If the performance figures stand up to independent scrutiny then all you will have to look at is the rear anyway

I don't mind it at all and if it comes in price wise in Australia at the same price as the Boxster S, which is what my dealer is telling me, then it is the performance bargain of the century.

And after all these years they come out with a 6-Spd double clutch

FUGLY!!!!

I am going to search around to see if this car uses four-wheel steering.

Official GT-R site

how does one engineer a 0.27 Cd car to look so awkward?

I was thinking the samething.

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    couple new images courtesy of CAR magazine

Thanks for the large pic (the one on Autocar is real small). Like I said earlier, the dash certainly looks like it came from a lorry or something. I honestly think that they could have lifted the entire thing from a 1982 Nissan Cherry and stick on an LCD screen and still do a better job.

It's really sad to see this rather poor attention to detail. I drive an evo and while I'd never say it has a nice interior, at least it's not a$$ ugly and the evo (8) is nowhere near this sort of price. The a/c controls are just horrific and the entire layout looked like it was done in about 1/2 an hour.

No wonder they've kept the interior under wraps all this time. But I do recall the Goodwood one having a much nicer interior (disguised) however...

I know fanboys are going to say that you buy the car because its performance and the associated Skyline 'heritage' but heck, even the earlier ones (R32 and so on) had better interior. Plain, but not ugly.

I rekon it's gonna be crazy fast, but at that price, potential buyers will be old enough to be aware of the associated ricer/boy racer image and would, imo, prefer something more mature on the inside, something less Playstation. They're taking on the big boys now and they should up their game in every respect. Perhaps it was done by a special Japanese episode of 'Pimp my ride' where the car was worked on by a bunch of retards. What a shame. I could have been a really great car...

The instrument panel and steering wheel are distracting. The rear seats do not look bad and nor do the front seats as well although they could look more like Ferrari and Porsche buckets. I was expecting some carbon fiber and alcantara treatment as well.

The internet created so much hype about this car that in the end, I am easily disappointed after the initial release of the photographs and little details.

What is weird is that most new modern sports cars rarely create negative reception on its debut but this here really takes the cake.

I was discussing this with a friend today, and the weird thing is that the 350Z has quite an okay interior and it probably wouldn't take a genius to lift switch-gear and crib the layout from it and stick it in the GT-R. I mean, nobody would seriously mind, would they?

The seats, specially the front, are kindda hard to get wrong cos I'm pretty sure they're Recaros and those boys know what they're doing.

Besides, Nissan has recently been trying to create a 'house' look where all there cars have a sort of the same 'nissan dna' so to speak so most of the interior and exterior (Murano, Teana, Micra and the Z) share the same sort of 'look'.... and now, for their flagship... they've made it look like $hit. Nice one.

Some information I found. The GT-R might be using the same Damping systems found in Porsche's PASM. Still no new information on regarding four-wheel steering and other technologies.

Several GT-R Owners forums are more realistic about the car rather than other places; such as one forum has members doubting the time achieved with such weight and less than Porsche Turbo power.

Seeing we seem to be the only two left not bored with this ....

I'm going to reserve judgement on the 'ring times. I mean, it is possible and you'd think the amount of time they've spent going around and around with a 997tt in tow, may be they can do it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the brief wasn't "don't come back if it's not quicker than the tt yet". Sadly, we'll need to know what sort of tyres they're on and who's driving the cars etc.

Would be more fair to have Walter Rohl or some Touring Car god in a tt and... I don't know... probably Takuma Sato in the GT-R. That would be something worth watching...

A little something I found

It's strangely funny how the hazard lights switch is next to the ones you use to play with all the gizmos. It's like it's placed there so that if you play with to too much and the whole thing goes into meltdown, you won't have to look far for what to press next...

As one who has for years blended the Japan-Germany car pool, I'm not as instantly negative if the GT-R really performs as the N-ring hints suggests.

But what did surprise me, asssuming all this leaked info is correct of course, is the size of this car - I had assumed that this 911 competitor, thrashing around the ring with the 911TT, was in fact roughly 911 size. The Edmunds write-ups state a length of 183.1 inches (4.65m), which is Audi S5 size (and likely width) - a car considered a "big GT" and not having 911 wieldiness; also a car with ~3800 lb curb weight; a good bit larger than the 911, which has somehow become the "default size" for many performance cars.

Maybe to some size doesn't matter... but I like my performance in nimbly sized (and lighter) packages, and this size + weight news takes the GT-R to a different set of competitors in my mind (Audi RS-5??)

Man so much hate for an awesome car. Why? I personally love it and hope that it knocks some sense into Porsche.

Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    Man so much hate for an awesome car. Why? I personally love it and hope that it knocks some sense into Porsche.

Same here. I don't get it. This car is great for competition, offers enthusiasts choices, and "knocks some senses into Porsche". It may be a ricer but it will kick many asses.

I could deal with the exterior, but the inside would definitely stop me from buying it. I am really curious to see what the car rags achieve with it.

Quote:
    x838nwy said:
    It's strangely funny how the hazard lights switch is next to the ones you use to play with all the gizmos. It's like it's placed there so that if you play with to too much and the whole thing goes into meltdown, you won't have to look far for what to press next...

Good one.

I am going to wait a little longer and see what the majority of the press says about this car.

The cockpit reminds me of an airplane: more Boeing 787 less F-22 Raptor.

Update: Car and Driver magazine stated Nissan made this car tuner-proof.

C&D first look

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    I am slightly suprised that there is not a upper strut bar spanning across the engine.

Upper strut bar is a thing of a past. Japanese and German manufacturers have found a way to do without it by modifying the engine bay. If you look above the engine you can notice the V-shaped engine room divider which acts as the strut bar between two front strut towers.

85grand wow thats expensive!

Quote:
    rhino said:
    85grand wow thats expensive!

I'd prefer a heavily modified new Z06 for this kind of money.

I strongly agree!

pictures

Another one

and another...

What does the carwings button mean?

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:

I think it has something to do with ejecting the wing and losing weight ?

Or maybe it's the rear spoiler ? the ones we're seeing might be fake, can't tell until next week

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752940 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430621 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258555 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255438 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868218 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801752 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM