Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Last Call! Adding a few options, any advice?

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    You sure you want to go with the stnd seat backs on the Adaptive Seats. If you don't want leather (which I would't do either,) I still would opt for painted in ext,. color or Alu. Look. rather than that volcano color. I mean with top down I never liked the color from the rear view as it went with nothing. At least Alu look has a shine to it

It does match the XPA steering wheel grey. I considered leather but wouldn't consider painting the seatbacks, I really don't like they way this looks, very pimp my ride, like someone had left over exterior paint and didnt want to waste it (no offense to anyone I hope, in a coupe it's not as obvious).. The stock grey is much richer looking imo than making it shiny with paint. I'm one of a very few who feels this way but the stock adaptive seatsbacks in my 997 S cabrio looked great. IMO if the volcano grey was an option like leather or paint I bet twice as many people would opt for it .. But my final decision on the seatbacks isn't made yet, I'm still considering leather but it's a Triple Black Car, you guys don't think making the seatbacks in leather would make the interior too dark? And when you cover the seatbacks in leather it just ends up looking like the standard seats.......Plus I'd have to worry about my kids ruining the leather,,,, I don't care what anyone says leather seatbacks are not as easy to maintain as the stock finish...Dun no....

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Sure, here's a couple more pictures of the ECA shift knob up close.

Good closeup shots.

BTW, atomic80, thanks for all the good pics you've posted for us over time.

Ahh Geezz now I'm thinking of adding Leather SeatBacks... Guess w/ all other cars, sports cars included if the front of the seats are black so are the backs so maybe it wouldn't look too dark. Could actually look really sweet so the entire interior would be CF & Leather. .....Hmmmmm? Then I'd have to get the leather seatback hooks & seatback control pieces in leather too so it would be adding 3 more options..... Jason - What would you do?

Gregg,

Believe it or not, I'd say go with the aluminum-look painted seatbacks. I really do think that this will look good otherwise I'd just say stick with the volcano-grey seatbacks. I have this on mine and it doesn't look too bad. I was thinking earlier about getting my PCM painted but then if I did that then I'd have to get ALL my other grey pieces painted. That could get expensive so I'm really satisfied with leaving things the way they are.

MMD, it's my pleasure. I'm always happy to help others in their decisionmaking process. I only wish that I had help myself when I was ordering mine!

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Gregg,

Believe it or not, I'd say go with the aluminum-look painted seatbacks. I really do think that this will look good otherwise I'd just say stick with the volcano-grey seatbacks. I have this on mine and it doesn't look too bad. I was thinking earlier about getting my PCM painted but then if I did that then I'd have to get ALL my other grey pieces painted. That could get expensive so I'm really satisfied with leaving things the way they are.

MMD, it's my pleasure. I'm always happy to help others in their decisionmaking process. I only wish that I had help myself when I was ordering mine!

I'm going to try & keep more of an open mind w/ the painted seatbacks. I'm thinking of doing the seatbacks in leather though. I was concerned there wouldnt be enough contrast but that was before I was adding ECA and imo the CF will give enough contrast w/ the leather. It was also before I changed the PCM to leather so now the seatbacks are the only large part in Volcano Grey so I should probably change that...... Since my PCM w/ be leather I'm thinking seatbacks in leather would be a better fit and would really look nice. The Alum look is still paint and imo it's not as nice as leather inside, I mean if it was Ferrari or Bentley or any very high end manufacturer the seatbacks would be leather or CF (but I dont want the CF buckets), Porsche is the only one that mixes outside paint into the interior. But I haven't made up my mind yet, I'd like to get these final changes in by the end of the week.

Does anyone have pictures of painted seat backs in exterior color (black or basalt black)? Any more pics of Leather Seat backs?

If I got leather seatbacks I'd want to order CVY - Clothes hook on seat backrest in Leather.. Also I just noticed another small option I'm going to add CUX - Release lever for rear seats in leather (for a Cabrio. this should be nice imo) May as well just add CDT - Seat belt buckles in leather. Does the seat belt buckles in leather have stitching??????

Is it possible to get the levers on the side of the seats, the one that you pull up to tilt the seat forward in leather????? The lever in this pic. my daughter is touching.

In the 2008 Order Guide, the item is 5.9d Release Lever Surround. I am not sure if the Leather Options Include this, but I'll look.
    IMO the painted seats ext. color are great. I recall someone with a 9974S Black Cab posted the pic & I was sorry I didnt think to order them.

Could not find that option in Leather..but from memory of pics of painted seatbacks, I think the entire assembly of surround and lever gets painted. What about with Leather seat backs??

XSB

No external stitching in leather seat belt buckles

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    Could not find that option in Leather..but from memory of pics of painted seatbacks, I think the entire assembly of surround and lever gets painted. What about with Leather seat backs??

I couldn't find an option for it either, guess it's not available. .....I've spent way too much mind time on this option list. I have a folder 2 inches think w/ all the options guides & crazy tabs & notes etc. But I think it's going to pay off, I'm thinking of just calling the dealer, adding the leather seat backs & the other small options I mentioned and being done w/ it. I think the Leather SeatBacks should give the interior a richer look & feel than paint or painting Alum look. Alum look seatbacks would maybe be better w/ more Alum look options but as my only Alum look option I think it will look out of place, where as the leather should look/feel more upscale...

Thanks for looking!!

Re: Last Call! Adding a few options, any advice? *DELETED*

Post deleted by imcarnuts

Quote:
    imcarnuts said:
    Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    In the 2008 Order Guide, the item is 5.9d Release Lever Surround. I am not sure if the Leather Options Include this, but I'll look.
    IMO the painted seats ext. color are great. I recall someone with a 9974S Black Cab posted the pic & I was sorry I didnt think to order them.

From Order Guide:

CUX
    Release Lever for Rear Seats in Leather
    Smooth leather finish in interior color on rear seat backrest
    release lever, including baseplate. Includes decorative stitching
    where appropriate.
    Turbo Coupe $310
    Turbo Cabriolet $310

That's the lever on the top of the rear seats, to tilt the rear seats forward. We were looking for the lever located on the front seats , the one to move the front seats forward.

Relized that - deleted post - SORRY

Quote:
    gian61 said:
    No external stitching in leather seat belt buckles

Thanks, not sure it's worth it in a black interior then. Sounds expensive $760.. Is it just the fixed buckles next to the rear center consule or does it include the piece hanging on the actual seat belt too/ Do you know?

I think it will look great if you were to go with leather seatbacks and it will no doubt be more durable to scratches and such.

For your reference, here's what a painted seatback would look like. Sorry it's yellow not black.

A possible idea would be to get those clothes hook, release lever, etc. painted in aluminum look if that's possible. That might work well in adding those extra touches in brightening up the interior. It'll look VERY elegant with those little accents.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Is it possible to get the levers on the side of the seats, the one that you pull up to tilt the seat forward in leather????? The lever in this pic. my daughter is touching.

I'm afraid you're stuck with the stock silver on grey trim.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Thanks, not sure it's worth it in a black interior then. Sounds expensive $760.. Is it just the fixed buckles next to the rear center consule or does it include the piece hanging on the actual seat belt too/ Do you know?

It's just the fixed part.

IMHO don't buy this option. It's in a quite vulnerable location, and would probably get ruined very fast.

Also the rear seat buckles are in leather!

Anyone have a picture of CVT - Doors & rear speakers in Leather. I've seen what CVT looks like on the front doors but I'm loooking for a picture of the difference in the rear (rear speakers).

Very cool pic of CSB w/ CVY.

What do you guys think of CUL - Wind Deflector w/ Porsche logo?

I tried to get it w/ Black letters but it's not available. So I'm thinking of getting the Silver letters.

Cool pic of ECA

CUL.. On My 997S I thought it was a little much. Now seeing the RS side marking and all the new model side markings available, I am changing my mind. I would have to make sure it doesnt impede vision as I keep the deflector up a lot.

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    CUL.. On My 997S I thought it was a little much. Now seeing the RS side marking and all the new model side markings available, I am changing my mind. I would have to make sure it doesnt impede vision as I keep the deflector up a lot.

Good point about vision. I don't think it makes a difference because it is printed on the screen but doesn't cover the holes so vision I imagine would be the same. Gives it a sporty look dont you think?

Maybe I should get the letters in yellow????? To go w/ the yellow PCCB's? Or would Silver look better to go w/ the Silver in the interior... Yeah, Silver would probably be nicer... Or not at all???????

If Im not mistaken, SUNCOAST in Sarasota, FL sells a decal for the deflector."PORSCHE" Maybe its available in colors?

Speaking of Yellow...Are you getting yellow belts to compliment the PCCB'S?

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    Speaking of Yellow...Are you getting yellow belts to compliment the PCCB'S?

No. Don't like colored seat belts.

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    If Im not mistaken, SUNCOAST in Sarasota, FL sells a decal for the deflector."PORSCHE" Maybe its available in colors?

I think the one you are referring to is a sticker that sticks to plastic like the windscreen on a Boxster. The windscreen on the Turbo is a mesh so I think the PORSCHE logo is silk screened (or similiar) on.

Never used the windscreen... It doesn't look too good either...

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    RAKLAW said:

Yep ... you are right.
    I think the one you are referring to is a sticker that sticks to plastic like the windscreen on a Boxster. The windscreen on the Turbo is a mesh so I think the PORSCHE logo is silk screened (or similiar) on.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690053 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409496 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255866 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235096 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65600 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858242 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774390 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM