Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: McLaren on a winning streak

Lars997:

Great summary. Thanks for taking the effort. 

Very believable that the McLaren is a car out of a different millennium! 

on top of it - your Porsche next to it looks like a vintage car. That McLaren vanishes it - sorry for the hard words. 

Will you buy one?

I think it's already his. Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

There are a lot of good deals on 570s in the US, both S and GT. You can get 2017s for $160-180K. It's a lot of car for the money. They're very tempting. Alas, it just started snowing yesterday. 

Thanks for commenting guys appreciate itwink

Lars, yes I own this grey one and I agree it makes my beloved GT2 look like an oldtimer Smiley
    --

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

McLaren 570S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

TB993tt:

Thanks for commenting guys appreciate itwink

Lars, yes I own this grey one and I agree it makes my beloved GT2 look like an oldtimer Smiley

Oh sorry - in that case also CONGRATULATIONS Smiley

Great choice. For me McLaren is currently the leader of the gang. No other sport car is up on this level. Very adorable car! Enjoy!

Thanks for the very precise report - more worth than any magazine article...kiss

I would love to buy a McLaren in the future, but I´m scared of the costs after the warranty and the poor service-net - next dealer is 2 hours away...laugh

Blueflame

where do you live? Stuttgart, München, Berlin, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, ...

The service costs are not higher than Porsche turbo.

--

AM

blueflame:

Thanks for the very precise report - more worth than any magazine article...kiss

I would love to buy a McLaren in the future, but I´m scared of the costs after the warranty and the poor service-net - next dealer is 2 hours away...laugh

Blueflame

Thank you for saying Smiley

Re the costs I think Aldo is correct re servicing but I have also heard of some massive bills for parts, apparently one cat for an MP4 12C is £4000, the guy who told me that simply had aftermarket 200 cell cats welded in place of both cats at minimal cost. I think the trick is to keep buying the extended warranty which was hard for me with Porsche as all the Motorsport bolt on parts made it impossible to keep factory standard but the McLarens do not "suffer" from this Smiley

--

McLaren 570S 

The things so far which probably fit into the category of "quirks" from a low volume manufacturer.

Front lift sometimes randomly makes a loudish groaning sound when lifting, apparently it is trapped air escaping.

The front lift won't activate when the low fuel light is on.

The lift is supposed to be able to be lowered by sweeping the lower lever downwards but on mine is doesn't, one has to access the main menu to lower or alternatively just accelerate to 40mph.

The radio tuner "could not be found" the other day for the duration of a 40 minute journey, it worked fine after being parked for a few hours.

A speed camera warning feature is activated in the system which bleeps like an explosion countdown every time I'm near a camera of any sort, apparently the first owner had this feature activated and the dealer needs to access the ECUs to turn it off.

The front lower edge inside of the doors traps a load of dirt and road debris, to clean means opening the door and jetting off which tends to get water splashed into the interior (a bit)

On AM radio the wipers make the signal "groan" by electrical signal interference as they sweep the screen.

The DAB radio drops out quite a lot.

The outside door opener switches have to be "touched" for a few seconds (with your key in your pocket) before they unlock the door, I guess this is better than them opening by accident but it feels like you have to stand there for a couple of seconds too long which if you are a manic busy person is a tad annoying.

Switching into D or R requires holding the brake in first, a couple of times it seemingly hasn't engaged the gear and took a few attempts at hitting the brake and pushing the button, not really an issue but there is never this type of ambiguity with Porsche.

The window stayed open on passenger side (one time only) after opening and shutting the door, had to be lifted up with the switch.

When it is below freezing hot water has to be applied at the front top of the door around the rubber to soften the rubber otherwise the window doesn't retract enough and the glass can shatter as it gets stuck in the rubber apparently there were many MP$ 12Cs which needed new glass under warranty because of this.

Wow, that's quite a list but honestly none of the above have upset me in the least which I guess means the rest of the car is that good  !  

--

McLaren 570S 

TB993tt:

The things so far which probably fit into the category of "quirks" from a low volume manufacturer.

Front lift sometimes randomly makes a loudish groaning sound when lifting, apparently it is trapped air escaping.

The front lift won't activate when the low fuel light is on.

The lift is supposed to be able to be lowered by sweeping the lower lever downwards but on mine is doesn't, one has to access the main menu to lower or alternatively just accelerate to 40mph.

The radio tuner "could not be found" the other day for the duration of a 40 minute journey, it worked fine after being parked for a few hours.

A speed camera warning feature is activated in the system which bleeps like an explosion countdown every time I'm near a camera of any sort, apparently the first owner had this feature activated and the dealer needs to access the ECUs to turn it off.

The front lower edge inside of the doors traps a load of dirt and road debris, to clean means opening the door and jetting off which tends to get water splashed into the interior (a bit)

On AM radio the wipers make the signal "groan" by electrical signal interference as they sweep the screen.

The DAB radio drops out quite a lot.

The outside door opener switches have to be "touched" for a few seconds (with your key in your pocket) before they unlock the door, I guess this is better than them opening by accident but it feels like you have to stand there for a couple of seconds too long which if you are a manic busy person is a tad annoying.

Switching into D or R requires holding the brake in first, a couple of times it seemingly hasn't engaged the gear and took a few attempts at hitting the brake and pushing the button, not really an issue but there is never this type of ambiguity with Porsche.

The window stayed open on passenger side (one time only) after opening and shutting the door, had to be lifted up with the switch.

When it is below freezing hot water has to be applied at the front top of the door around the rubber to soften the rubber otherwise the window doesn't retract enough and the glass can shatter as it gets stuck in the rubber apparently there were many MP$ 12Cs which needed new glass under warranty because of this.

Wow, that's quite a list but honestly none of the above have upset me in the least which I guess means the rest of the car is that good  !  

Congrats on the 570!

The best two modern looking cars to come out of Woking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoMOXmjncM

Great video

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

I guess that the 720s obliberates most or even all of its competitors smiley

Lars997:

I guess that the 720s obliberates most or even all of its competitors smiley

This is what I call Benchmark, this is what I expected from the 991.1 Turbo S. Smiley

When Porsche announced 560 hp (rumored were "over" 600...), I knew that this sucks. Surprisingly, the car still sold (and still sells) pretty well but the pressure became higher, much higher.

The benchmark will probably be the 960 though...if Porsche finally decides to build this damn thing. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

All current cars will be out of production before Porsche builds a 960...

noone1:

All current cars will be out of production before Porsche builds a 960...

I know but this doesn't mean the 960 will be as fast as the current cars... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Still not a good looking road car, but pretty solid as far as being a race car.

This side on view is by far the worst angle. Much better in darker colours and from the front and rear 3/4 views. Having said that its still no looker.

You will find the best view of the car is from the bottom up...................

--

Whoopsy:

You will find the best view of the car is from the bottom up...................

I would say from inside out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMaTIHu4RU

Reasonably priced, I guess. I mean, normal production cars like the SV are pushing like $600K, right? Most unique option seems to be the push-to-drink system.

Senna
    The US Base MSRP does not include federal/state/local taxes, license, titling, registration or transportation fees.
    MSRP
    (in USD)
    McLaren Senna
    $958,966
    Specifications
    Stealth Cosmos
    No Cost Option
    Trophy Kyanos
    No Cost Option
    Trophy Mira
    No Cost Option
    Vision Pure
    No Cost Option
    Vision Victory
    No Cost Option
    Exterior
    Special Paint
    No Cost Option
    Elite Paint
    No Cost Option
    Aero Blades & Fender Inner - Azura Blue/ McLaren Orange/ Red
    No Cost Option
    Exterior Door Upper - Gorilla Glass
    $2,290
    Door Lower Panel - Gorilla Glass
    $3,580
    Rear Bulkhead Upper - Glass
    No Cost Option
    Exhaust Heatshield - Satin Raw Metal
    No Cost Option
    Exhaust Heatshield - Dark Stealth
    No Cost Option
    Interior
    Super-Lightweight Carbon Fibre Race Seat - Regular
    No Cost Option
    Super-Lightweight Carbon Fibre Race Seat - Touring
    No Cost Option
    3-Point Seatbelts (Red, Orange)
    No Cost Option
    By McLaren Designer Interiors
    No Cost Option
    Carbon Black Alcantara Steering Wheel
    No Cost Option
    Jet Black Leather Steering Wheel
    No Cost Option
    Sill Finisher - Carbon Fibre
    $2,710
    Air Conditioning
    No Cost Option
    Wheels & Brakes
    Ultra-Lightweight 9-Spoke Super-Forged Alloy Wheels
    Standard
    Wheel Finish - Satin Raw Metal
    No Cost Option
    Wheel Finish - Dark Stealth
    No Cost Option
    Tyres - Pirelli P ZERO
    No Cost Option
    Colour Brake Calipers (McLaren Orange, Azura Blue, Red)
    No Cost Option
    Entertainment
    Bowers & Wilkins 7 Speaker Audio System
    $5,680
    McLaren Track Telemetry (MTT) With Three Cameras
    $3,590
    USA Effective Date: 2017 Issue Date: 2017 cars.mclaren.com
    Safety & Security
    Front And Rear Parking Sensors
    No Cost Option
    Rear View Camera (Only available with Front & Rear Parking Sensors)
    No Cost Option
    Side Parking Cameras (Only available with Front and Rear Parking Sensors & Rear View Camera)
    No Cost Option
    Practical
    Lithium Ion Battery Charger
    No Cost Option
    Warning Triangle & First Aid Kit
    No Cost Option
    Fire Extinguisher
    No Cost Option
    Car Cover
    No Cost Option
    Branded Floor Mat Set
    No Cost Option

MSO Defined
    MSO Defined Options
    MSO Defined Paint Current MSO Defined Exterior Paint Colours include: Lunar White, Zenith Black, Papaya Spark, Burton Blue, Abyss Black, Polaris Blue, Lantana Purple, Fistral Blue, Ceramic Grey, Mauvine Blue, Sarthe Grey, Amethyst Black, Paris Blue, Solar Yellow, Laurel Green and Muriwai White $9,810
    MSO Push-to-Drink System
    $6,710
    MSO Full Length Carbon Fibre Sill Finishers with McLaren Branding
    $4,650
    MSO 6-Point Harnesses with McLaren Branding (Black, Blue, Red, McLaren Orange)
    $2,840

I saw one of McLaren’s 720S press cars driving around Cheltenham earlier. Looked amazing, and a coat of Cotswold muck only added character IMO kiss

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Saw my first one at my Porsche dealer.  I’ve always thought it was hideous until seeing in person.  Much better looking than I thought.  Front is still a bit challenging to my eyes.  Owner was getting winter tires installed.2C1345DE-3C95-47A3-B6B6-DA7B6180F03E.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oNl40Vxkpw

All this video proves is having money doesn't mean you have brains!

McLaren Senna on road...

Doesn't look meant for the road.

I thought I had gotten used to the design, but from this angle, the wing is completely out of poportion...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

I thought I had gotten used to the design, but from this angle, the wing is completely out of poportion...

Such are wings on track cars. They're maybe and ugly.

noone1:

Such are wings on track cars. They're maybe and ugly.

True. But I like it when function and aesthetics go hand in hand Smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688773 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408802 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234824 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65420 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857664 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773545 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM