Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

lol, same here,mostly broken headlights and bumper. I even had a some old ( 60's ) RC trains that I grow up with them, guess what, ........laugh

What a result, lol

https://youtu.be/z-GspIeoWnI

yeah crazy....

ALA my a....smiley

Great result for the GT2RS

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

that was a surprise probably for the italians and the dreamers, isn't it? Smiley

Performante is nice and I hope reliable. GT2RS is for sure a reliable monster.Smiley

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

That's no surprise at all. The GT2RS had to be quicker.

But I think the result of the Performante with 60 hp / 150 Nm less an 80 kg more is great as well, second quickest car tested by SportAuto so far and quicker than a 918 Spyder. kiss

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

That's no surprise at all. The GT2RS had to be quicker.

But I think the result of the Performante with 60 hp / 150 Nm less an 80 kg more is great as well, second quickest car tested by SportAuto so far and quicker than a 918 Spyder. kiss

Regular drivers will annihilate the GT2 RS in a Performante... (considering that the same "regular" driver is driving the GT2 RS). Smiley 

Let's see what Porsche does with the next Turbo S generation and the 960. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Imagine what a GT2 RS could do in your golden palms. 😍

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

Imagine what a GT2 RS could do in your golden palms. 😍

Right... Smiley You guys could collect some money, buy me one (I can get one if you get the money Smiley) and I could show it to you. Deal? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

1521kg with Weissach pack so in reality over 100kg heavier than a fully optioned 997GT2RS.

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

McLaren 570S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

TB993tt:

1521kg with Weissach pack so in reality over 100kg heavier than a fully optioned 997GT2RS.

All test results are less meaningful until we know more about the Cup2 tires used for the GT2RS Smiley

MKSGR:
    TB993tt:

All test results are less meaningful until we know more about the Cup2 tires used for the GT2RS Smiley

What about the tires?

N2 spec Cup2s that you can buy at retail. Nothing specially cooked.

--

Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    TB993tt:

What about the tires?

There was this slightly confusing information in SportAuto about these N2 Cups being the more aggressive tires. Cars would be delivered with our tires etc. Still waiting for more information to verify this though.

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    TB993tt:

What about the tires?

There was this slightly confusing information in SportAuto about these N2 Cups being the more aggressive tires. Cars would be delivered with our tires etc. Still waiting for more information to verify this though.

Barring Michelin supplier problems, most of the retail GT2RS would be on N2 Cups, some will be wearing the newest version of the Dunlop Sport Maxx Race tires. According to factory guys, these 2 tires are virtually the same in performance, it's how they tuned and develop them after all. 

The new Dunlops and N2 Cup2s are approaching grip level of the Pirelli Trofeo Rs though, but last longer.

--

Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    TB993tt:

What about the tires?

Barring Michelin supplier problems, most of the retail GT2RS would be on N2 Cups, some will be wearing the newest version of the Dunlop Sport Maxx Race tires. According to factory guys, these 2 tires are virtually the same in performance, it's how they tuned and develop them after all. 

The new Dunlops and N2 Cup2s are approaching grip level of the Pirelli Trofeo Rs though, but last longer.

Just read the Sportauto test (see video vs Huaracan above): the GT2RS was not tested with the regular N2 tires you will get on your car bit with a special high performance version that is not yet available and will be available on special request later. Thus, the lap times posted by Spirtauto are crap again. As in case of the AMG GTR they show fake numbers to help their advertisement customers. The Gt2RS will be much slower regular N2 Cup tires.

P.S.: The Performante was also on Trofeo R. All in all these lap times are getting more and more meaningless as they are just marketing tricks these days. 

Yup, they will offer two types of Cup 2 tires and the one tested in SA was the more hardcore (unmarked) version of the Cup 2.

And it's best if they left the Panamera and Sport Turismo out of these silly tests, because the majority won't bother to head to the track with a car that has 4 doors, packed with the whole family, luggage and a dog.

Gotta love all the stealerships in the US that are asking for $50k++ over MSRP for the GT2 RS and people fighting over the last allocation before the world comes to an end

BiTurbo:

Yup, they will offer two types of Cup 2 tires and the one tested in SA was the more hardcore (unmarked) version of the Cup 2.

Yes. The Cup 2 used for testing is even grippier than the new Trofeo R and worse on wet pavement as well, also when the tire is cold. These are not tires you would want to enjoy on normal roads, just the track. I guess some Huracan Performante customers also prefer the Corsa over the Trofeo R.

Yes, the GT2 RS is impressive, no doubt. However, the Huracan Performante has a n/a engine and 60 hp less, even weights 50 kg or so more, so I'd still get the Huracan Performante instead because I am fed up with that lame VTG charger equipped vacuum cleaner sounding engine. Smiley Porsche can make decent sounding turbo charged cars, my 991.2 GTS is the best example for that. The GT2 RS is just loud but the sound is...wooosh. Smiley

And it's best if they left the Panamera and Sport Turismo out of these silly tests, because the majority won't bother to head to the track with a car that has 4 doors, packed with the whole family, luggage and a dog.

The new E63 S AMG is very similar in performance to the new Panamera Turbo S, for much much less money. Even on the track.

--

RC:
    BiTurbo:

Yes. The Cup 2 used for testing is even grippier than the new Trofeo R and worse on wet pavement as well, also when the tire is cold. These are not tires you would want to enjoy on normal roads, just the track. I guess some Huracan Performante customers also prefer the Corsa over the Trofeo R.

Yes, the GT2 RS is impressive, no doubt. However, the Huracan Performante has a n/a engine and 60 hp less, even weights 50 kg or so more, so I'd still get the Huracan Performante instead because I am fed up with that lame VTG charger equipped vacuum cleaner sounding engine. Smiley Porsche can make decent sounding turbo charged cars, my 991.2 GTS is the best example for that. The GT2 RS is just loud but the sound is...wooosh. Smiley

The new E63 S AMG is very similar in performance to the new Panamera Turbo S, for much much less money. Even on the track.

the performante beats the GT2RS in the coolness department easily. i was really close to signing on but the small boot just killed it....impossible to even go on a weekend trip for two persons. i know those are somewhat strange objections to a high performance car but it should also pass the reality check.

RC:

Yes. The Cup 2 used for testing is even grippier than the new Trofeo R and worse on wet pavement as well, also when the tire is cold. These are not tires you would want to enjoy on normal roads, just the track.

Test above in 7 degree air/12 deg surface temps, maybe the tyres are more versatile than thought ?

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

McLaren 570S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

I had Cup 2’s on my .1 GT3 and now have Cup 2’s on my .2 GT3. IMO,  the tires are substantially stickier and better on the .2. Big difference which allow me to go faster in and out of curves.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    TB993tt:

What about the tires?

Just read the Sportauto test (see video vs Huaracan above): the GT2RS was not tested with the regular N2 tires you will get on your car bit with a special high performance version that is not yet available and will be available on special request later. Thus, the lap times posted by Spirtauto are crap again. As in case of the AMG GTR they show fake numbers to help their advertisement customers. The Gt2RS will be much slower regular N2 Cup tires.

P.S.: The Performante was also on Trofeo R. All in all these lap times are getting more and more meaningless as they are just marketing tricks these days. 

That's a shocker, they never mentioned a hotter tire to us before.

--

nberry:

I had Cup 2’s on my .1 GT3 and now have Cup 2’s on my .2 GT3. IMO,  the tires are substantially stickier and better on the .2. Big difference which allow me to go faster in and out of curves.

Your .1 GT3 had the N0 version of the Cup2s specifically for .1 GT3, and the .2 GT3 has the N1 version of the Cup2 specifically for the .2 GT3.

Those are also different than the N0 version of the Cup2 for the 918 and N1 version of the Cup2 for the GT3RS

--

Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    MKSGR:
    TB993tt:

What about the tires?

Apparently, this tire is still work in progress. They also don't have a name for this future optional tire yet Smiley

This is getting silly. Lap times should be with the standard sport option tire period.

SciFrog:

This is getting silly. Lap times should be with the standard sport option tire period.

Smiley

Whoopsy:

Perhaps the P spell / kool-aid hasn't worn off yet Smiley

You'll get over it once you find out the truth with Porsche and their chief engineers that take orders from the guys in suit.

Smiley

BiTurbo:
    Whoopsy:

Perhaps the P spell / kool-aid hasn't worn off yet Smiley

You'll get over it once you find out the truth with Porsche and their chief engineers that take orders from the guys in suit.

Smiley

Nah, I wil stil blast them when they do something wrong.

Talking about which.

My Exclusive Turbo S is going into production in January. They still haven't let me spec it properly. Smiley

There are no online configurators, only the dealer has the configurator on their internal system and it is also incomplete, They did send me a couple brochures with options but some of the options are not in the configurator.

Standard equipments wasn't mentioned anywhere and I have been trying really hard to confirm what is standard and what I need to spec, trim and option wise. No firm answers for a month even when communicating directly with Germany.

Exclusive, the department that actually CREATED the car can't answer me either, on the trim or what CXX I can do with the car.

This is actually stressing me out right now. I don't want to have the car arrive then found out there are spots here and there that can be spec-ed to match the rest of the interior but which they didn't let me know I can.

Hell, no one can confirm whether homelink buttons are standard or not. They have the option but it's not selectable in the configurator Smiley

At times Porsche's car configurator is a mess, a major mess.

--

That 2RS looks bad even in red, not much hope for this car except black to hid everything...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690266 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409599 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255908 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235141 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858309 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774535 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM